HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Artyukhin: Prepare for Glory

Old
05-08-2011, 04:19 PM
JoeLH

vCash: 500
The Michalek hit was dirty, because blindsided, the puck was far away and not in Michaleks' possession. The other hits, especially the one on Rachunek were nice hockey hits.

JoeLH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2011, 04:22 PM
AwesomePanthers
Atlantic winners

There should have been a youtube video of when Radulov is laughing and high-fiving Artyukhin. That was disgusting. Maybe it was a clean hit on the Czech defenseman, but he was bleeding a lot, so that was so classless.

AwesomePanthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2011, 04:26 PM
Lennu

You guys can't be serious? Okay, maybe both hits on Rachunek were clean(not really sure about the second one) but how about that hit on Michalek? Just unbelievable. It doesn't matter what Michalek said to Artyukhin, you just can't lose your temper. You can't do like that in ice hockey. It is that simple.

I have to say, Artyukhin would be a great player without those dirty tackles etc("fights" against team Finland in EHT). Good in front of goalie, still a great bodychecker.

Lennu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2011, 04:36 PM
magic school bus

vCash: 141
the hit on Rachunek looked like a charge to me (distance traveled). the rest were just minor penalties at best. its unfortunate that the guy's helmet came off.

clean it up a little, and show more class/respect out there. the international game is supposed to be held to a higher standard.

magic school bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2011, 04:40 PM
QnebO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogo View Post
What a bunch of cry babies
I was acutally thinking the same way when they cried when he roughed finnish team after ruutu hit.. I kinda like artyuhkins style, but he should not do blindside hits. Its really dangerouse when hes that big. Hope he gets totally owned by ruutu or some other (with a clean hit, ofc..).

QnebO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2011, 04:54 PM
Bure

Artyukhin is a boss.

Bure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2011, 04:57 PM
urho

vCash: 628
Quote:
Originally Posted by QnebO View Post
I was acutally thinking the same way when they cried when he roughed finnish team after ruutu hit..
Artjuhin's behaviour after Ruutu-check was absolutely ****ing repulsive. Fight with someone if you want to but don't ever go punching a guy who's already fighting with someone.

urho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2011, 04:58 PM
ZemgsG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Like Wall View Post
Just like J.Ruutu
Only exception that Ruutu gets at least that 5 min penalty on for example that hit on Michalek. Seriously if he keeps going like that he better watch out...

ZemgsG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2011, 05:05 PM
ZemgsG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7u6clmUafJg

And I mean **** like that.

ZemgsG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2011, 05:15 PM
honza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabres85 View Post
Only exception that Ruutu gets at least that 5 min penalty on for example that hit on Michalek. Seriously if he keeps going like that he better watch out...
Ruutu is tough, but good player, thats different. Artyukhin spents 2 mins in period and ...ouch! => 2 knocknouts and then back again to dungeon.

honza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2011, 06:12 PM
petr86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck21t View Post
I find the Czechs too soft and they do whine a lot when the opponent are tough on them.
It's sad to say that this is true most Czechs really do whine when the game gets physical (BUT, not all of us haha). The hit on Michalek was a blind side, suspendable hit though.

petr86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2011, 06:23 PM
malkinfan

Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by honza View Post
then back again to dungeon.
lol.

malkinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2011, 08:02 PM
Davebo*
BeepBeep!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
He's an absolute beast and probably the best body checker in the game.

No....

Davebo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2011, 10:45 PM
hockeyman001

This guy has amazing hitting ability but his problem is that like some others have said he does not hit clean. A lot of his hits are charges. All of this crap about "blindside hits to the head" would go away a bit if both the NHL and IIHF would just enforce the "charging" rule.

I remember watching him in the NHL...he would take strides from the blue line in just to destroy a defenseman playing the puck on the end boards. And the joke is that he is big enough to not need to do that to throw a big hit.

hockeyman001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2011, 12:04 AM
The Expert
Registered Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
This guy was custom made for NHL hockey if he could only find a coach that believed in him enough to give him the minutes to make a real impact. He's an absolute beast and probably the best body checker in the game.
If any NHL coach played him in meaningful minutes he'd lose his job because that would be a stupid decision.

It takes a lot more than speed and size to make a perfect NHLer, there are reasons the idiot isn't in the NHL anymore.

The Expert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2011, 01:04 AM
TexasTriumph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck21t View Post
I find the Czechs too soft and they do whine a lot when the opponent are tough on them. Hockey is a tough sport, you can't expect ballet all the time and you can't always judge a hit based on the injury.

I have issues sometimes w/ Czechs physical play, but whining about dirty hits is another story. Read reactions and comments through the years.. I dont see Czechs complaining about physical play... Pointing out cheap shots thats differn't.. It's hockey not MMA. Game should be played by the rules... If its not.. then a comment will and can be made.. Doesn't mean thats "whining".. Czechs take their hits and strap it back on and keep fighting. Czechs are one the toughest minded people as a whole in this tournament and in general. What they had to endure as a country through all the years is nothing BUT tough. And for Czechoslovakia / Czech Republic to be 3rd all time in history and very close i may add for totals behind Canada and Soviet Union / Russia with what they were going through... Thats what I CALL TOUGH my friend....And they never whined....

The "whining" comes from the others saying that its NOT dirty when its just as clear as the video lol.. For some of you to sit here and say that the Michalek hit isn't dirty and especially how it was done and why.. AND from the person it came from... Hmmmm. Dont really see a legit argument there. But of course trying to get under the skin and make it look like you guys are SO "tough" for saying its nothing. If that happend to your player you wouldn't be saying that hehehe.. But thats expected.. And as far as Canada being so physical and dominant... Funny how that worked last year against the Czechs (see below).. Funny how it reminds me of how a team can't control their emotions and are mad for getting beat lol.

I'm pleased to say that I have never witnessed undisciplined and dirty plays and never being "cry babies" from the Czechs after getting beat on and losing a game...

You want to see "Cry Babies" - How about Russia today and Canada last year for losing!! Thats a Cry Baby For you . Can't lose like a man... Nuff Said. Done.

True definition of "Cry Baby" LOL

TexasTriumph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2011, 01:26 AM
PeacEnforcer

Stop bashing Artyukhin. The overwheliming majority of hits he delivered against the Czechs were completely LEGAL. The only one he should never have made was on Michalek - that was bad, cause Michalek did not have the puck.
As for Rachunek, the ONE AND ONLY REASON why it all ended with blood and stiches is RAchunek's inability to fasten his helmet properly: had he done it, no one would be discussing it now, cause the hit was totally to the body, without charging and on the player who just released the puck (which is completely in compliance with the IIHF rules). So why whine so much???

He's not a dirty player, just a big one who does not seem to quite like the idea there are some other guys on the ice wearing skates other than him and his buddies)

PeacEnforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2011, 01:29 AM
TexasTriumph

And lets be clear here...

Being "soft" and not as physical as other teams doesn't make you a "cry baby". Or not tough for that matter. Czechs have always been a disciplined FINESSE team. Is all you guys definition of tough is being able to be just completely physical? I see them being even more tough that they take those physical plays and keep on ticking... keep on winning... keep on believing.. Thats more tough than some big bodied crash against the glass. There is mental toughness... Which they wont lose their cool and become "cry babies".. They dont sink down to the other teams levels when those teams try to get into their heads... If we really want to call teams tough... It's the Czech Republic my friends... Easy to throw a punch - thats tough?

Harder to control it and keep you mind and win games... That's what they do.. thats respect.. thats tough.

Ya I wish they were more physical.. and agressive... But apparantly their medal count and having 2 more golds than the Canadians in the last 15 years is doing something right...

Old
05-09-2011, 01:31 AM
Mirinho

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeacEnforcer View Post
Stop bashing Artyukhin. The overwheliming majority of hits he delivered against the Czechs were completely LEGAL. The only one he should never have made was on Michalek - that was bad, cause Michalek did not have the puck. As for Rachunek, the ONE AND ONLY REASON why it all ended with blood and stiches is RAchunek's inability to fasten his helmet properly: had he done it, no one would be discussing it now, cause the hit was totally to the body, without charging and on the player who just released the puck (which is completely in compliance with the IIHF rules). So why whine so much???

He's not a dirty player, just a big one who does not seem to quite like the idea there are some other guys on the ice wearing skates other than him and his buddies)
uhhh?

so he's fair guy? ... i think one dirty hit per game is more than enough

Mirinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2011, 01:35 AM
TexasTriumph

Quote:
Stop bashing Artyukhin. The overwheliming majority of hits he delivered against the Czechs were completely LEGAL. The only one he should never have made was on Michalek - that was bad, cause Michalek did not have the puck.
As for Rachunek, the ONE AND ONLY REASON why it all ended with blood and stiches is RAchunek's inability to fasten his helmet properly: had he done it, no one would be discussing it now, cause the hit was totally to the body, without charging and on the player who just released the puck (which is completely in compliance with the IIHF rules). So why whine so much???

As the tally shows... Most are saying that everything IS legal other than Michalek... We are talking about Michalek here.. Not Rachunek.. So it's getting old bringing that up in the "cavemans" defense... Artyukhin is known as a very dirty MINDLESS player... There are countless video's and proof.. And yet he proved that again today with the hit on Michalek. Again... We are all - for the most part - "whining" about the Michalek hit.

Old
05-09-2011, 01:38 AM
PeacEnforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirinho View Post
uhhh?

so he's fair guy? ... i think one dirty hit per game is more than enough
First of all, let's do some defining here, OK? There's a difference between a dirty hit and an illegal hit: a dirty one is a hit INTENDED TO INJURE a player, whereas an illegal hit is one made against the rules. So whichever way u look at it, NONE OF HIS HITS was dirty, but one was illegal.

Second, it's hockey we're talking about here - there's no room for crying or whining. Czechs, just man yourselves up a bit. It should help. No one prevented Rachunek's or Michalek's teammates to stand up for their fallen brethern, after all, if they thought it was so dirty and unfair, don't u think?

Old
05-09-2011, 01:43 AM
PeacEnforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTriumph View Post
Artyukhin is known as a very dirty MINDLESS player... There are countless video's and proof.. "whining" about the Michalek hit.
Sorry, mate, if he's "known as a very dirty mindless player" to YOU, it says nothing at all. If you have proof, please, be so kind as to produce it. Otherwise, it's totally empty and totally biased talk.

And another thing, every person is entitled to one mistake. If Artyukhin did make one mistake in yesterday's game, it does not make him a criminal by any means.

Old
05-09-2011, 01:49 AM
TexasTriumph

Well considering Michalek and him had some words right before it and "The Caveman" went straight for his neck/head without having the puck... Thats pretty dirty to me. Proof? ... ... But im done on this thread wasting my time talking about "The Caveman". I've made my point and time to move on. I'm not going to "cry" about the score anymore hehehe

Old
05-09-2011, 01:56 AM
cibtom
:(

Send a message via ICQ to cibtom
Quote:
Stop bashing Artyukhin. ... He's not a dirty player
That's joke of the day...

cibtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2011, 02:22 AM
Garl

Quote:
First of all, let's do some defining here, OK? There's a difference between a dirty hit and an illegal hit: a dirty one is a hit INTENDED TO INJURE a player, whereas an illegal hit is one made against the rules. So whichever way u look at it, NONE OF HIS HITS was dirty, but one was illegal.

Second, it's hockey we're talking about here - there's no room for crying or whining. Czechs, just man yourselves up a bit. It should help. No one prevented Rachunek's or Michalek's teammates to stand up for their fallen brethern, after all, if they thought it was so dirty and unfair, don't u think?
Great loigic you have here. Artyukhin is 6'5 260 lbs. No one on czech team can beat him up. So basically you say, czech's next time bring up Koci, Ustrnul, Vopat and goon it up!

It's always the same with some people. When you're being hit by somebody your players can't deal with(Murray for example) you whine and cry when your 260 lbs guy runs around trying to injure players and provoking goalie he's a great guy.
It's called double standarts.

Garl is offline   Reply With Quote