HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Notices

Game 5 v. Detroit PGT - "Roenick the Iconoclast" Edition

Old
05-10-2011, 02:31 PM
SJGoalie32

vCash: 500
So in Drew Remenda's interview on KNBR last night with Tom tolbert, Drew called Jeremy Roenick's comments about Patrick Marleau "cowardly," "gutless," and "unprofessional" because they were completely over the line.........then a few minutes later proceeded to explain how Patrick Marleau's "drivetrain is stuck in neutral," and that despite his size and skill which should allow him to run over anyone he wants to, he feels that "Patrick Marleau prefers to be around the fight rather than engage in it."

So to summarize Drew Remenda, Marleau is not gutless......he just prefers to avoid battles that he has the ability to win because he doesn't like to compete.

If only there was a way to describe all that in just one word....LOL

SJGoalie32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 05:50 PM
USF Shark
ZŰion politikÚn

Since Thornton joined the Sharks...

Jumbo: 57 points in 67 games

Patty: 49 points in 67 games

So much for Patty being the better playoff performer. Only four times has he topped 10 points in the playoffs in his career. Thornton has had 10+ points 4 times since joining the Sharks.

Old
05-10-2011, 10:07 PM
dwood16

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJGoalie32 View Post
So in Drew Remenda's interview on KNBR last night with Tom tolbert, Drew called Jeremy Roenick's comments about Patrick Marleau "cowardly," "gutless," and "unprofessional" because they were completely over the line.........then a few minutes later proceeded to explain how Patrick Marleau's "drivetrain is stuck in neutral," and that despite his size and skill which should allow him to run over anyone he wants to, he feels that "Patrick Marleau prefers to be around the fight rather than engage in it."

So to summarize Drew Remenda, Marleau is not gutless......he just prefers to avoid battles that he has the ability to win because he doesn't like to compete.

If only there was a way to describe all that in just one word....LOL
This

dwood16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 10:09 PM
dwood16

P.S.

I'm not saying Marleau is being paid off...but I literally have asked myself during the games this question numerous times. He seems to be intentionally screwing up and if he isn't ..that's even sadder than if he was.

Old
05-10-2011, 10:13 PM
MadmanSJ
Know Your Onion!

So how is everyone coming out and blasting Roenick with strong language for his comments any different than Roenick calling out Marleau? Is it because it was on a national broadcast? Because it was true?

You don't call Patty gutless, you sir, are gutless! He may be gutless, but he is OUR gutless guy! You can't call him that!

MadmanSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 10:17 PM
rangerssharks414

I don't think I ever commented on this. I like JR. I really do. He always says what's really on his mind, and he knows his stuff (unlike Charles Barkley). "Gutless" was the wrong word to use, but Marleau needed to be woken up. With that being said, I don't think Marleau got the message.

rangerssharks414 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 10:23 PM
dwood16

How do you post a poll on here? I've done it before... but now the poll choices don't seem to pop up. Can anyone help?

Old
05-10-2011, 10:36 PM
Thepainter

Gutless was a perfect word to use.

Thepainter is offline   Reply With Quote