HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bulldogs vs. Moose, Game 7 of North Division Final tonight! Listen live on Team 990!

Closed Thread

Old
05-10-2011, 01:48 AM
DJ Breadman

vCash: 500
that boyd overtime winner was crazy, they just showed it on sportsnet, he dumped the puck in, it bounced off the boards he beat the dman too it and golf shot style chiped it into the top corner from just outside the goal line

Old
05-10-2011, 02:40 AM
habsfanwpg27*

...Isn't this about the GAME!? For christ sake they just won in Triple OT in Game 7 in the playoffs. Go Dogs Go!

Old
05-10-2011, 04:43 AM
grrrreg
Soft European

Gotta love the Bulldogs. And Derek is really awesome.
I hope they get some rest now before starting the Conf Finals. Especially MacIntyre, who's played so many games in a row.

Old
05-10-2011, 07:08 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Somebody needs to teach Petruic how to jump off a bench...

Great win boys!

Old
05-10-2011, 07:33 AM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
Man, St Denis looks solid there. I think he has a chance of coming here in a season or 2.
Make it in a season or two? In Jan he was 25. In a season or two he'll be 26 - 27.

Old
05-10-2011, 09:32 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
So Sergei cost Nashville their lost and Boyd advances the Bulldogs.
I pushed all the Sergei talk into the out of town thread. Interested parties can pursue that debate over there. Let's keep this thread about the game/series.

I tuned into the CHAM broadcast in the 1st OT, and it was a lot of fun. Great great job by Derek Wills, and thanks to him for posting here.

Old
05-10-2011, 09:32 AM
glenn77

WHAT A WIN!
Was at the game last night and what a way to win - doesn't get any closer than game 7, overtime x 3!

Old
05-10-2011, 09:45 AM
kovacro
"Jazz Hands" by Alec

I was at the game as well. Dogs deserved it. The series should not have went 7 but Eddie Lack was stellar for the Moose.

Missed work yesterday because I was sick but went to the game and when they popped the winner in OT I was behind the net hope no one saw me on the highlights.

Btw, Conboy destroyed Flood with that OT hit but I noticed Flood didn't miss more than one shift maybe two, he was lost going off the ice. I guess no concussion protocol in the AHL.

Habs fans might remember Flood being a former draft pick of theirs.

Old
05-10-2011, 09:59 AM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogsFan View Post
http://www.sendtonews.com/index.php?...&SK=nZCegjietz

Click Preview, watch Conboy destroy the moose player.
Wow looked like a line backer hitting a running back open field the way he lower his shoulder.

Old
05-10-2011, 11:18 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

ha! Awesome

Old
05-10-2011, 11:41 AM
neofury*

Thanks for the vid and for the links to the other vids

Looked like an awesome game.

Old
05-10-2011, 12:43 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

The benched didn't realize it was in right away, hooray for fluky OT goals.

Old
05-10-2011, 02:19 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
The benched didn't realize it was in right away, hooray for fluky OT goals.
What was he using a chipper, looked like a swing to get out of a sand trap.

From the posts last night the Moose goalie was a wall. To lose on a shot like that is tough, but better them than the Dogs.

Old
05-10-2011, 02:27 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
Make it in a season or two? In Jan he was 25. In a season or two he'll be 26 - 27.
Well there doesn't seem to be room for him to be in the starting 6 next season, but I've been watching him for a while now and he's really smart with and without the puck. He just looks a step ahead of most of the players. Him and Nash should be called up every now and then.

I also hope to see mentions of Mac Bennett getting to Hamilton by that time.

Old
05-10-2011, 04:23 PM
Randomhero

I should have gone to this game...

Old
05-10-2011, 05:57 PM
Bullsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
Well there doesn't seem to be room for him to be in the starting 6 next season, but I've been watching him for a while now and he's really smart with and without the puck. He just looks a step ahead of most of the players. Him and Nash should be called up every now and then.

I also hope to see mentions of Mac Bennett getting to Hamilton by that time.
I'm very impressed with Nash's potential, especially given how few games/season he's played before this year. St. Denis I never thought of as an NHL prospect but he's slowly but steadily continued to improve.

The deals that brought in Palushaj, Boyd and Dawes have drawn a ton of criticism because those guys aren't in the NHL while the guys they were traded for are, but I for one really appreciate having an organizational commitment to winning. The whole point of having farm teams is to prepare them for the NHL. Why prepare them to lose? The consistent playoff success of the Bulldogs is a credit and an asset to the org.

Old
05-10-2011, 06:03 PM
habs24

Congrats to the baby habs. I see a team that has some size and toughness can actually win hockey games. Imagine that. Pay attention Gauthier/Martin enough with the softies!!

Old
05-10-2011, 06:16 PM
Roulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs24 View Post
Congrats to the baby habs. I see a team that has some size and toughness can actually win hockey games. Imagine that. Pay attention Gauthier/Martin enough with the softies!!
Seriously, too bad the Habs and Bulldogs are completely unrelated organizations. If only BG and PG had drafted players like those leading the Bulldogs. Or traded for them, or signed them as undrafted free agents. Oh well, we'll never see the likes of White, Nash, Engqvist and Dumont in Montreal...

Old
05-10-2011, 06:34 PM
ClasslessGuy

vCash: 567
don't understand why the arena is not full... it's almost to same price for a bulldogs game and a LHJMQ game. For 20$ I would be there everyday, good hockey!

Old
05-10-2011, 07:15 PM
AllCanadienFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubaka View Post
don't understand why the arena is not full... it's almost to same price for a bulldogs game and a LHJMQ game. For 20$ I would be there everyday, good hockey!
There are a number of reasons both relating to the city and the organization. The Bulldogs are a development team. Fair ball the habs pay the salaries so they get to call the shots as to who goes up. This year we started the year with DD, MaxPac and Weber all of whom are now gone and good for them. When the habs were eliminated we got Whitey back which is ok. Nashville got eliminated last night and their farm team Milwaukee, is getting five guys back for the final playoff game against Houston. Requires some manipulation of the clear day roster that the habs never seem to do. Secondly, downtown Hamilton is not where you want to bring your family on a regular basis. Don't know how else to say that. Copps is not a great facility, its old and poorly managed by the city. The Dogs have a great season ticket holder following, probably the most loyal anywhere, but the majority of the people say screw it the parent organization doesn't care, the location is not great and we get no deals from the city so why go to the games on a regular basis.

Old
05-10-2011, 07:30 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllCanadienFan View Post
There are a number of reasons both relating to the city and the organization. The Bulldogs are a development team. Fair ball the habs pay the salaries so they get to call the shots as to who goes up. This year we started the year with DD, MaxPac and Weber all of whom are now gone and good for them. When the habs were eliminated we got Whitey back which is ok. Nashville got eliminated last night and their farm team Milwaukee, is getting five guys back for the final playoff game against Houston. Requires some manipulation of the clear day roster that the habs never seem to do. Secondly, downtown Hamilton is not where you want to bring your family on a regular basis. Don't know how else to say that. Copps is not a great facility, its old and poorly managed by the city. The Dogs have a great season ticket holder following, probably the most loyal anywhere, but the majority of the people say screw it the parent organization doesn't care, the location is not great and we get no deals from the city so why go to the games on a regular basis.
Habs don't care? Why do they think the Habs acquired Dawes (AHL's best goal scorer) and MacIntyre (good AHL goalie) at the deadline.

Old
05-10-2011, 09:32 PM
AllCanadienFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Habs don't care? Why do they think the Habs acquired Dawes (AHL's best goal scorer) and MacIntyre (good AHL goalie) at the deadline.
Just telling you what the talk around the arena is. Don't know why they acquired Dawes, he does have a great scoring touch when he's not turning the puck over. As for Mac, it was probably so they had a decent back-up if Price went down, happened to work out well for the Dogs. Everyone understands the development issue, its just they don't seem to go the extra mile in other areas. One issue is the Dumont suspension, an obvious political situation they decided to stay clear of. If anything was done by management to complain and show support it wasn't made public.

Old
05-10-2011, 09:41 PM
Megaforce

I followed it a little on the radio, and that play-by-play guy is very good. It was tricky sometimes though because I don't know all the names so if someone was about to score I wasn't sure if it was there team or ours, so I didn't know if I should will it or not.

Old
05-10-2011, 09:54 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllCanadienFan View Post
Just telling you what the talk around the arena is. Don't know why they acquired Dawes, he does have a great scoring touch when he's not turning the puck over. As for Mac, it was probably so they had a decent back-up if Price went down, happened to work out well for the Dogs. Everyone understands the development issue, its just they don't seem to go the extra mile in other areas. One issue is the Dumont suspension, an obvious political situation they decided to stay clear of. If anything was done by management to complain and show support it wasn't made public.
They acquired MacIntyre so that there was someone to replace Sanford when he went down. They could have forced the Dogs to play their prospect Mayers but decided to trade a depth AHL D for AHL G. I mean Mac never even played in the NHL. If they were worried about getting a decent backup they'd have tried to acquire someone with NHL experience. Dawes was the AHLer they acquired to replace Maxwell. They sent down Boyd to replace Desharnais and Pacioretty who became full time NHLers. No need to be so skeptical. But I guess it can't be helped since people feel Habs don't care even though year after year they provide them with some of the best players in the league. Habs barely even said anything publicly after the Pacioretty incident why would there be anything in the media after the Dumont incident?

Old
05-10-2011, 10:15 PM
danyhabsfan

Any chance Pacioretty plays a game with Hamilton to help Hamilton and test him?

I dont think so but why not?

Closed Thread