HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

NHL 12 Feedback Session - UPDATED FIRST POST - Final Review and Closing Thoughts

Old
05-10-2011, 04:19 PM
Faidh ar Rud Eigin
Modhnóirí Claonta

vCash: 500
A lot of it has been said so I'll elaborate on one thing.

Fianances is a must for Be A GM, it's ridiculous it was removed. It lets the succesful teams spend to the cap while other teams can't. If your team is succesful, you make more money and you can spend more money, improve your arena, add events to the games, like the MLB : The Show games do. If your team is doing brtually financially and losing money, you should be able to move the team. AI should adapt to that as well.

Faidh ar Rud Eigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 04:25 PM
IrishSniper87

A lot of references towards copying features and ideas from MLB: The Show, FIFA, NBA and Madden. Interesting. I'm sure the design team is going to love that

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 04:29 PM
Habsfan18

I would love it if they included a WJC-type tournament in BAGM mode for the top prospects every December/January.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 06:15 PM
Dishtank

Be A GM
  • Trading engine needs to be fixed. No more “We don’t need defense” when they want defense. Plus no more 3rd, 4th, and 5th for your 1st round pick
  • The RFA’s need to sign with a team, when Drew Doughty doesn’t sign and sits out for two seasons, I think there is something wrong.
  • Have realistic team goals. My first season with Edmonton and I am expected to get 48 wins. But with my first season in New Jersey I only have to get 37... Fix that please
  • Finances so Toronto can upgrade the arena, seating, etc. while Florida and Phoenix can’t. If they have bad finances they should have the option to move.
  • Have the option to sign different coaches and fire coaches.
  • Have players ask for trades and what not, If you for example have an 86 overall playing on a third line, he should ask for a trade.
  • Have age be a factor in trading, a 23 year old who’s 82 overall shouldn’t be trade for a 36 year old who is 84 overall.
  • Have a newspaper for just your teams city and a full NHL newspaper. (See Madden 08?)
Be A Pro
  • More in depth, it don’t want to just play games. Let me do interviews, pre game skate, ask for trades, etc.
  • If I get drafted in the 3rd round and I’m put on the 3rd line I don’t get 45 minutes of playing time.
  • Let me make XP points by getting goals, assists, plus/minus, etc and I can put it towards things. (See next bullet)
  • Let XP upgrade equipment and overall, it takes to long to get your overall better.
  • If I play 40 games and get 70 goals and I sim the rest of the games, how do I get sent down to the AHL with that many goals?
  • Have different contract options
  • Let YOU be able to negotiate a contract so you can choose the money and years you want to play for a certain team
  • Have the money you earn actually mean something, let you buy a house, apartment, etc (See Madden 08?) and Cars and what not.
  • In general just let you do some extra stuff besides play games.
HUT
  • I really liked it but there could be a few fixes
  • Have updated cards, if a player gets traded get that new card out quicker
  • (I don’t know if this works) But if a player used to play for a team and got traded still have the player have good chemistry with the old player on the team
  • If my Wi-Fi gets dropped it isn’t my fault so don’t kick me out of the tournament and don’t have that effect my DNF. (Don’t know if this is possible)
EASHL
  • Have all the attributes have a bigger meaning. I’m a defensive defenseman and can dangle through centers
  • The two minute quit rule has to have a change. When I am playing and someone searches us and sees we are pretty good and they quit and it doesn’t count towards anything bugs me.
  • Have the AI be smarter don’t stand in front of me when I am carrying the puck!
  • The lag shots have to come to an end, to many stupid goals like that, just make sure there aren’t any glitch goals.

General
  • Much better AI, I get 25 shots and 1 goal, they got 5 shots and 3 goals?
  • John Scott shouldn’t be able to dangle past everyone, Ovechkin can not Scott.
  • Less penalty shots, I know most of these are penalties but not all of those should result in a penalty shot.
  • Fights shouldn’t mean that all your other teammates leave the ice.
  • Goalie fights
  • Glass breaking
  • More injureis, concussions, broken bones, etc.
  • More realistic scrums in front of the net, no one person going after one person. Have a big scrum with everyone
  • Stick up for teammates after a big hit or a dirty hit
  • Hitting over the bench
  • Pre-Game skates
  • All Star Competition
  • More Commentary
  • Have fans get more into the game, less fans for bad team, louder for the more suspenseful games, etc.
  • Have the announcers get more into the game with a huge goal or big hit
  • Actual arenas.

Dishtank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 07:21 PM
Vernie

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
A lot of references towards copying features and ideas from MLB: The Show, FIFA, NBA and Madden. Interesting. I'm sure the design team is going to love that
It sucks, because I do love the NHL games...but the truth hurts! If aspects from those games could be incorporated, this series could be unreal. Particularly the Be A Gm, which needs some serious tweaks, but does have significant promise.

Vernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 08:25 PM
Gallick

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
While they might find it insulting, it's a built-in way to figure out what features people love in sports games. I would hope they'd consider the recommendations even if it means using ideas from other developers.

Gallick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 08:52 PM
iceless
-`ღ´-

GENERAL
1. Please include custom controls. Don't just show us an option for it that does absolutely jack squat. If I want to be able to disable R3 (hustle) or map it to another button, I should have that option.
2. Get rid of all NHL player photos. Go the FIFA route and show us an in-game render of the player model. The reason for this is two-fold. With the addition of other leagues (and possibly NCAA), you won't need to scramble to find hundreds of player photos. Also, as players are constantly being traded or signed to other teams, you won't need to worry about updating their photo to reflect their new team's jersey. The render will take care of that.

EASHL AND OTP
1. Fix the headset issues and intentional game looping. I still can't believe that an update wasn't rolled out this year to address the problem.
2. Install a spam filter that limits the amount of quick messages one can post in the lobby. For example, if 5 messages are posted in a span of 5 seconds, subsequent posting should be prohibited for 1 minute.
3. Include a vote kick option in OTP games. There are known lobby trolls who join a room and either (a) waste everyone's time by allowing the time to run out and not play, or (b) actually play a game, but sabotage it by scoring on his/her own team's net or go offside for a full 60 minutes.
4. Scrap the player-type base attributes and allow us to add attributes wherever we want. Many builds were ignored or just not used because they were inferior (TGH, DFD). Maybe a modifier could be included to assign a title to our player based on an attribute that we have put the most points into. For example, if my player's pass rating is jacked up to 99, I would be assigned the playmaker title.

DYNASTY
1. Completely overhaul the sim engine. As it stands now, it is broken. Adjusting player attributes up and goalie attributes down will not effect simmed scoring. Adjusting the rules and settings to favour offense does not effect simmed scoring. At least give us the option to choose if we want high-flying 80's scoring, dead-puck dominance, or a solid balance of both.
2. Please include the hidden attribute modifiers that have been prevalent in your series since NHL 2004. Show us the pass-shoot and pass-carry sliders for every player, and let us have the option to adjust them. I think you messed up on Pominville and Ovechkin, lol.
3. Add real depth to BAGM. Where did the Finance section go? I want to be able to alter ticket prices, concessions, merchandise, and fan giveaways. What about GM perks? Incentives for meeting price targets could include cash bonuses which could subsequently be used to refurbish an older arena, expand the seating, or upgrade the jumbotron. Food for thought, right?
4. Include the All-Star Skills Competition to go with the All-Star Game (make it a weekend), the Winter Classic, and the Heritage Classic. The WC and HC could be alternated every 2 years. If you can get the rights/licensing to do this, that would be great. If not, it isn't really a pressing matter.

-Torque

Last edited by iceless: 05-10-2011 at 09:01 PM.
iceless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 10:31 PM
Picaroon

Pretty much everything I wanted to say has been said but basically, put some time in to Be GM and Be a Pro.
These are the reasons why so many people buy the game. Not everyone does the online thing. The Dynasty mode from 04 is better than 11 for crying out loud. Be a Pro in Madden 08 is better than 11. It doesn't make sense. Just put some time in to it.

It seems like instead of tweaking the previous year's game, they just make everything completely new. We always get a draft copy it seems. The only way to improve the game is to fix errors. Otherwise you're just going in a circle.

I have been a hardcore supporter of EA NHL series since 01, but I am seriously considering switching if 12 doesn't blow me away. From the sounds of it, 2K is getting their **** together too. These games are too damn expensive to be sub-par. Time to step it up or a lot of people will take their money elsewhere. Sorry for being harsh, but I feel I've earned my opinion over 10 years of dedication.

Picaroon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 10:34 PM
Dylonus

Gameplay

--- Boardplay is more broken than a glass bowl after being thrown at a steel pole. Seriously, it's awful. So many times I come into the zone and try to use the speed burst to get by a defender and he's about 6-7 feet away from me, and the other player / CPU will hit the boardplay button. He'll pin me into the wall and stop my momentum, and get no holding call. Please, fix this massively, or remove it. It's seriously exploited in both 10 and 11 and wasn't fixed what so ever.

--- Player balance. I can't make quality turns in the zone with Crosby without him falling at least once a game. Enough said.

--- Player skills. I should not be able to easily pull off fantastic deke moves with goons. Unacceptable. Maybe once in a great while, but not with ease.

--- Goaltender A.I. Way too easy to score on a breakaway or on cross-crease passes. I'll have top goaltenders like Miller and Luongo just stare at a puck that crosses (literally) in the crease. Come on now.

--- Computer defense. Way too hard for the CPU defenders to help me out. They are far too passive and lazy. It's like having multiple Tyler Sloan's on my blueline. Not cool!

--- Penalty calls. Far too many times I see awful penalty calls. Lifting a stick and causing it to break is not a penalty. Sorry, but I've never seen that in my 20 years of playing and watching hockey. Also sick of seeing the CPU trip me on a breakaway to slow me down and getting no call. There needs to be a lot of work with referee consistency.

--- Offensive zone puck control. Even with the use of vision control, it's still pretty hard to maintain a consistency in the offensive zone. As sad as it is, EA made it possible for the CPU to maintain an amazing powerplay. Perfect crisp passes. Always cycling the zone, etc. As for myself? Very unlikely. Passes are always slow. Defenders always have their shots blocked (while my defenders on the PK conveniently forget to do that ) and no player ever wants to go to the net for rebounds or to screen the goaltender. This needs to be worked on a lot.

--- Difficulty. This game needs a medium for difficulty. Pro is far too easy, but All-Star is filled with CPU exploits and favoritism that makes any player have to use exploits to win. I want to play a hockey game, not a strategy game. I have no problem with a challenge, but I don't want to "cheat" to win. My CPU AI (especially goaltenders) is a complete joke on All-Star or Superstar. Meanwhile their CPU defenders can lay a big hit no matter who they are and never fail making an attempt to poke check the puck. Sliders won't help this, as the A.I. is programmed far too high for anything slider wise. Please, please, fix this.

BE-A-GM

--- Trading. First and foremost, this is a complete bust and needs to be fixed. More importantly, the value. I literally tried to trade Evgeni Malkin for a 65 overall prospect with A potential and I was shut down because of the "value". Are you kidding me? (I was trading Malkin because I couldn't afford him). Who in the world thought this was a good idea? Also, the value is so skewed it's insane. I was the top team in the league at the deadline with a franchise player available in the draft and I traded my 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th round picks (remember, it's all about VALUE!) for the 1st round pick of the worst team in the NHL and the comment I got back from the CPU GM was "This trade is a no-brainer for us".... Guess who got that franchise player in the draft? Me. Basically, EA programmed the CPU to think that a 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th rounder are a "fair trade" for Sidney Crosby as he enters the league, but a 26 year old healthy proven superstar in Malkin isn't worth the "value" of a "possible" star prospect? Really?

--- GM Reputation. This is really skewed. Because I didn't want to give up Pavel Datsyuk for three average prospects that "equal" Datsyuk's "full bar potential"... I'm a bad guy? Really? As easy as it is to lose rep, it's far too easy to gain it. By signing a bunch of "potential" players and some role players, I'm a God?

--- Trade Block. This thing is awful. It's never accurate, not even close. I'll read it (mind you, with my Pro Scout maxed out) and it says "Colorado needs a quality defensive defensemen)... only to find our their need is offense, and their surplus is defense. I offer the trade, and they give me this "What the hell were you thinking?" type of answer. Not to mention the trade offers I get are awful. Tried putting Malkin on the block, and I get offers for three guys with low potential but decent "value" and since their value altogether equals Malkin, it's somehow a good trade?

--- Free Agency. Please, fix this more than anything. Sick of seeing massive superstars on the free agency list year in and out and stay unsigned. What bugs me even more is players wanting to be overpaid. An 82 overall with B potential who is finally playing in the NHL does not need to make 6 million over the next 4 years. The spoiled son of a ***** hasn't even played more than 10 games in the NHL and can't possibly "know" he's going to be a star. 3-4 years at about 2.25 to 2.5 million is reasonable, 4-5 years at 6.5 million is freaking ridiculous. What's worse is when that contract is done, and they've achieved their potential, they suddenly ask for LESS for their next 4-5 year contract? What is this... I don't even....

--- NHL Draft. This is really, really, lame. There's about 3-4 sure things, 5-6 average players, then a bunch of duds. There is maybe one "steal" every 15 years. What's worse is there is no Draft day excitement! If you don't trade BEFORE the round starts, that's it! How fun is that? No last second offers as you're about to pick? No sudden deals made? Draft day trades always suck, horribly. There needs to be a lot of realism added into this.

--- All-Star Game. Come on now. Nothing on this yet? You don't even find out who the All-Stars are unless you play the game, and even then, the picks are completely at random. In my latest season (Oilers GM) I had Taylor Hall with 39 goals and 29 assists at the All-Star break. He was snubbed by, get this one, Lee Stempniak.... who had 15 goals, 12 assists and +15 rating. Mind explaining this one to me?

--- Player progression. This is pretty awful. Certain prospect just never pan out, even with good potential. I've used Simon Despres in the NHL from day one before, and he never gets anywhere after 4-5 seasons (highest he got was a 76 overall) but Taylor Hall went from 80 to 88 after one season... even when I changed his potential to C in all three categories? Potential means nothing on this game, nothing at all. What's worse is players regress far too fast. Sidney Crosby was down to the mid-70's in

--- Expand GM options. I want more options. Make decisions that deal with team income. Start promotions for fans. Present legit reasons for players to sign with my team. Move a franchise. Change team names and logos. Customize new team jerseys. Rebuild an arena. So on and so forth. All of this cease to exist, and it really should.

OTHER OPTIONS

--- Online Franchises. Really lame. Very little options. No franchise, no draft, no long term leagues. Make all this possible. If Madden can, NHL can.

--- Expand on Ultimate Team. It's too limited. Make it so I can play offline seasons, or in online leagues. Although me to have a major league squad and a minor league squad. Add more bonuses.

More to come when I can think of more later...

Dylonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 02:02 AM
josra33

Hey IRISH,

I have one thing that really bugs me that I didn't see mentioned.

One thing I like to do is match my lines. I would love to match my 3rd line forwards against their 1st pairing Defense. Just so I can free up my 1st line forwards again their 3rd and so on and so forth. It would be nice to know what D line the other team puts out in between whistles as opposed to just their forwards.

Also, another pet peeve of mine is the Power-Play and Penalty Killers. I would like more than 2 options for lines for each. Sometimes both lines are dog tired (Happens more often then not) and I have to go through and change the lines, which really slows down the experience. Maybe if we could add a 3rd set so that we have an option if its necessary. If you could bring these up that would be great. Thank you!

josra33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 03:47 AM
Speediakal
Hometown Discount

Team Chemistry. Or more specifically, line chemistry. They had this in FIFA 09 or 08 I believe. They had it in some EASPORTS game that I played. Could've been NHL 08 or something. Anyways, put it back in, please.

Not playing a star should reduce his "drive" (Don't decrease his overall, just a hidden modifier that reduces his intensity, how good he plays, etc.)

Enhance simming.

Don't punish me for simming games in BeAPro. Like someone else said, punish me for not producing points.

Let me set a salary I want in BeAPro. (If this is already in the game, excuse this. I haven't gotten far enough in BeAPro yet to do it.)

Request trades in BeAPro

In BeAGM, have the ability to hire a coach, fire a coach, warn a coach, etc. But be able to supersede the coaches decisions.

Include media. Again, some other EASPORTS game had this. FIFA 08 or 09 maybe? Where if you said the right thing, your players liked you more. I remember an NHL game where if your goalie got a shutout, it would show a newspaper of him. This same NHL game also told you who is on a hot streak and who is on a cold streak. Implement that back in, it could help on changing lines when you play your next game. Move your hot players up, move your cold players down. Assistant Coach (Or coach if thats implemented) should also changing your lines by how good certain players do.

BeACoach mode. Start in the juniors, work your way up to the minors then to the majors. Or skip the minors if you are really good. Pretty much do everything a coach can do. Just can't make trades, resign players, etc. But you would have pull on the GM, like you'd be able to say we need this player to stay, or this player to go, or we need an offensive defender, etc. (Not painfully important, just another mode for fun)

Make BeAPro Goalie way better. It's so stiff. It would need an overhaul.

Make BeAPro funner. having to play 82 games (If I don't want to be punished) takes a long time. At 4 minutes per period, 12 minutes a game, is around 16.4 hours for one season. Include stoppage, plus playoffs, plus OTs, it's a real long time to be playing a game, especially for just one season!

Don't make sticks able to just go through objects. Like I can poke a puck in front of the net if I'm behind the net, because my stick goes through the netting.

Bring back speed bursts. I don't know why this was ever taken out. It's so stupid that I can't skate my hardest once in a game to get on that breakaway, or to stop a breakaway, or to get back into position, etc. Just make it so that the player gets extremely fatigued and has to sit longer on the bench, the endurance attribute would go into effect here as well.

Bring back danglers. Don't know why it was taken out. Danglers are rare, but they do exist. Great player style for those with a good Dekes, Puck Control, and Hand-Eye attributes.

Scrums. We need scrums. Make it so that you can grab players, pull them away, jump on players, fight players in the middle of scrums, cheapshot players, etc. Mutiple fights should be included as well, where you are fighting one guy, and your teammate(s) are fighting other players.

Holding. Why can't I hold a player? Should be in the game.

Embellishments/Diving should be in the game. I should be able to embellish a call if I so choose, and it's up to the ref to decide whether he decides its embellishment or not.

Jersey players in fights. Please.

Custom logos should be colorized, or have the option to colorize them, when in BeAGM or choosing teams. Not grey like they are now.

KHL? I know this will never happen, but one can dream.

Glass shattering hits. Hits so hard they shatter the glass.

Season ending injuries.

An explanation of the Player potential. It seems so sporadic. I have a player with A|A|A potential, put him on top line, top PP line, top PK line, extra attacker. I have another A|A|A player, put him on third line, no special teams. Third line player ends up with a higher overall at end of season. Makes no sense. This has happened time and time again. You'd the player playing more minutes would get more XP and get a higher overall. Guess not.

Franchise players at the draft SUCK! They are usually 82-85 with C|C|C potential. And they go nowhere! Stupid. Franchise players should be like Taylor Hall (in this game), 75 OVR A-|A|A- or something.

Also Taylor Hall is ridiculously stacked in this game. He becomes better than Crosby. Hall put up 42 points in his rookie season, Crosby put up 102. Hall is not better than Crosby. Crosby has never put up, or been on pace for, a season under 100 points.

All I can think of right now...

Last edited by Speediakal: 05-11-2011 at 03:55 AM.
Speediakal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 07:58 AM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

A few different things:

Be a Pro should not just end with a popup saying good job, thanks for playing. That's crap and a cheap NES-era way out. If I win 4 Art Ross trophies, show me that stat at the end. Also, the idea of continuing your BaP into a BaGM role would be fantastic, even if it were all made-up players. Your reputation would carry over [Yzerman].

Getting offers from teams in Europe, even if I'm going to flat-out reject them, would be a nice touch.

Finally, like in the Madden games, have the option there to sim the play when I'm not on the ice. Set it up before the game and you play a shift, get to the bench, then a 3 second pause or a Press A or something, then start the next shift with a reasonable time lapse. That way people can still play 40 minutes on the 3rd line if they want, but for the realism crowd, you can actually limit yourself to 12 minutes in a game without being bored as all getout.

BackGroundMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 09:13 AM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by josra33 View Post
Hey IRISH,

I have one thing that really bugs me that I didn't see mentioned.

One thing I like to do is match my lines. I would love to match my 3rd line forwards against their 1st pairing Defense. Just so I can free up my 1st line forwards again their 3rd and so on and so forth. It would be nice to know what D line the other team puts out in between whistles as opposed to just their forwards.

Also, another pet peeve of mine is the Power-Play and Penalty Killers. I would like more than 2 options for lines for each. Sometimes both lines are dog tired (Happens more often then not) and I have to go through and change the lines, which really slows down the experience. Maybe if we could add a 3rd set so that we have an option if its necessary. If you could bring these up that would be great. Thank you!
Interesting. I think the problem here is that most times people use the hell out of their top line, which would keep your third line on the ice half the game.

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 12:07 PM
workedforme

I really only need them to fix 2 gameplay issues and I wouldn't complain about the game at all. First,last minute in the period 2/3 shots go in, I'd venture 30-40% of all computer goals scored against me are in the last minute of the period. And second the rebound control is absurd. Shots from half, slow tricklers and bouncing pucks shouldn't always result in a juicy rebound to the slot. I went as far in my most recent be a gm mode to go into every starter and goalie with potential and cranked their rebound control into the 90's.
Also if Hall and Eberle could somehow progress offensively instead of just in fighting that would be ok too, the player training doesn't affect how a player progress's one bit as far as I can tell. And none of my centermen ever go up in faceoffs.
I could complain about the trading and the fact the 30th place team is expected to make the conference finals the next year, but really if the changed those 3 things I'd be pretty content.

workedforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 01:04 PM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

I've had other thoughts but I can't remember them all.

I would like to see the bench camera for BaP be a little lower at the end of the period so I'm not towering over the players who crack into the boards in front of me.

Is there a way to apply player experience in BaGM?

BackGroundMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 02:43 PM
Slats432

Great ideas.

I wouldn't mind be able to take a penalty. Hold, slash, crosscheck....and make the referees call the play as it is in the NHL. If I board someone seriously...they should get hurt, and I should get suspended. (Although, like many things, this would be tough to get right)

The penalty stuff should be simple...I know they give you a penalty for hitting someone that doesn't have the puck....

And what about just collisions. Having both guys go down when they hit?

Slats432 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 03:02 PM
Speediakal
Hometown Discount

You should be able to add XP to your players attributes. But if at the end of the season you don't, the AI just does it for you. (In BeAGM)

You should also be able to control the camera in BeAPro. Like use the right analog stick to look around. (When on the bench or in the sinbin)

Like slats432 said, on ice collisions. This would be awesome.

Speediakal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 03:04 PM
Semin

I play NHL on X box and I believe when you got the puck and you press Y nothing happens. What I would like to happen is say if your in the defensive zone make Y like a "soft dump" or something. You can never play the puck off the glass in the defensive zone and its very frustrating. It would make break outs fun too, be able to sneak a guy behind the D get the puck off the glass and boom it could be an odd man rush.

Also to comment on board play. Its ridiculous. If your trying to cycle the puck and say your at the top of the circle and you swoop down the boards to pick up the puck behind the goal line and the CPU is in a stand still at the side of the net while your flying down the boards should never ever be able to tie you up. Players should have enough momentum to be able to go through them easily.

Also, suspensions would be fun as well in BAP. If you hit someone from behind maybe you get 2-3 games? or you build up a Matt Cooke, Trevor Gillies like reputation where anything dumb you do can turn into a suspension.

In BAP, If I want to be a fighter tough guy then I should never make first line. Give me my 7 minutes or less and just let me run around out there trying to kick ***.

There also needs to be more movement in the offensive zone. It seems as though no one tries to find open ice. Same on the PP, I can take the puck stand on the half boards and no one will move.

Back to BAP, I apologize guys/girls, whoever, that I'm allover the place with this post but in BAP playing offline, why does it feel like the game lags in the defensive zone?

Maybe there also needs to be a new attribute called "star power" so that when you SIM in BAGM BAP, the top players in the league (Ovie, Crosby) actually rack up the goals and points.

If I have the puck and I get checked from behind why do I always lose the puck? If my Puck control is in the 90's why does every little jab from behind make your guy go all mental and lose the puck?

Last edited by Semin: 05-11-2011 at 03:27 PM.
Semin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 03:22 PM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

vCash: 1271
Fix the commentary!!!

It's been the same exact (outdated) commentary for I dunno how many years.

MetalheadPenguinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 03:29 PM
Semin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalheadPenguinsFan View Post
Fix the commentary!!!

Didn't Ovechkin lead the league in shots in 05/06?

I don't know if he says that in this game, but I know last years game they did.

Semin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 03:35 PM
Dovahkiin
Geno! Geno! Geno!

My suggestions for a BaP revamp are as follows.

Based on your player type, you can set goals for you to reach in a season, then send these goals to the coach and GM for verification. For example, if im a rookie two-way forward, i would request 3rd line minutes on the 3rd line LW. With the possibility of moving to the second line(not everyone, wants or needs to play one the first line). Also i would request time on the PK and 2nd line PP. I would also set a goal of getting around 15+ goals, and 15 ass in a season. Thats pretty damn good for a 3rd line rookie left wing. I dont want the coach to be like we want 38 goals and 70 pts. Also we could set a goal for our overall for the end of the season, like the overall you would like to reach by the end.

All of that doesnt seem too hard to do. And it really would help add depth to BaP.

Dovahkiin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 04:25 PM
BB79

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalheadPenguinsFan View Post
Fix the commentary!!!

Gary Thorne sure does have some perverse obsession with anticipation...

BB79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 04:36 PM
BB79

Just a few complaints about minor things-

#1- sound effects need a revamp. Not every rink has seemless glass, make it a little more authentic and add traditional glass and applicable sound effect. Goal horns are horrible as well. Why can't anyone just spend one day to search the internet and add the real ones? They're out there, and easy to find.While you're in there, make the arenas even more realistic.

#2-It's supremely frustrating that in season mode, once your roster is full you're done, can't sign any free agents or do any 1 for 2 trades. It desperately needs a "release to free agency" button. Please fix that.

These are minor requests that could be handled easily.

BB79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 04:59 PM
InUtero
Oilers!

i think a cool feature for line editing lines is have you 2 mandatory PP and PK lines but be able to add up to 3 bonus lines in each section because players get too tired

InUtero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 05:37 PM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

vCash: 1271
Forgot to mention that the ability to change lines and protect the puck should be available with classic controls.

MetalheadPenguinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote