HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

NHL 12 Feedback Session - UPDATED FIRST POST - Final Review and Closing Thoughts

Old
05-11-2011, 06:29 PM
iceless
-`ღ-

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalheadPenguinsFan View Post
Forgot to mention that the ability to change lines and protect the puck should be available with classic controls.
Or again... why not just have custom controls?

iceless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 06:32 PM
All_blueandwhite

Not sure if its been mentioned, but can guys with long hair in real life actually have long hair? I know they dont have it anymore, but guys like Grabovski and Hartnell should have been distinguishable on the ice this way. Not everyone in the NHL has the same haircut

All_blueandwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 06:34 PM
iceless
-`ღ-

Quote:
Originally Posted by All_blueandwhite View Post
Not sure if its been mentioned, but can guys with long hair in real life actually have long hair? I know they dont have it anymore, but guys like Grabovski and Hartnell should have been distinguishable on the ice this way. Not everyone in the NHL has the same haircut
Could be a polygon issue. Though my graphical expertise is outdated by about 7 years now.

iceless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 06:46 PM
Vernie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speediakal View Post
You should be able to add XP to your players attributes. But if at the end of the season you don't, the AI just does it for you. (In BeAGM)
For sure. Something so minor, but would be so helpful. I'm tired of seeing my wingers use up their XP on faceoffs and fighting.

Vernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 07:44 PM
DuckJet
HF Bad boy

vCash: 69
NCAA teams
More commentary that reflects a player's recent play
Skills competition for ASG
More hockey friendly presentation in general. It's too much of a direct representation of the game of hockey. You're in and out. Boom. NHL 2k had some pretty nice cinematics, the game just sucked.

A lot of what's in here http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=858461 would help.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 08:27 PM
CowbellConray

I really am not a huge fan of the AI GMs taking a 2nd round pick in 2015 and a 3rd rounder in 2016 for a first rounder in 2011. They would never do that. Decrease the value of picks 2-5 years in the future. Also, you should create random stats for juniors. And if your scout is good enough show some exact overalls on some prospects.

I dont need to know that Sean Courturier is a 7.0 green for passing if I have scouted him for the whole year. Show me somehting worthwhile. Like he has B potential for offence, or his overall is a 7.0 yellow.

Also, the trade block is pretty useless. Just sayin. I have 8 NHL ready D-men and I need to move one so I look at the block and I see that florida needs one so I make a reasonable trade (Andrej Sekera for a 3rd and 6th) and I get laughed at. We dont need D-men at this time. Really? You Dont? Well then your sending some bad information around.

Also, I think that their NEEDS to be a coach firing ability. And the coaches have little additives. Like in Madden 10 Dick Jauran had plus 1 D awarness for Corners. Lindy Ruff should have poise plus 3 or something like that (that is for the developers to work on). Just like the boosts in be a pro. And have a coach for the AHL as well. Kevin Dineen is great at developing talent, so make him a very good developmental coach.

Lastly, make the development of players more realistic. I dont need a RW that has 88 faceoff. I need a RW who has 88 passing. As someone said earlier make the xp for your players controled by the person playing.

OK one more thing. Playoff intensity. Make chokers and preformers for the playoffs. Also, make the gameplay more intense for playoffs. More hits and scrums after the whistle. Make the play faster, and the crowd actually louder. Makes me want to play the games more and gets my heart pumping.

Even if a few of these things are implemented i would be extremely happy!

End rant/

CowbellConray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 09:28 PM
Speediakal
Hometown Discount

I think Playoff games just need to be more intense. Greater atmosphere. Have a sick pre-game intro thing. Maybe have your controller rumble when your in the defensive zone and/or in the offensive zone, and when your about to take a shot, have it rumble even more, or when you're on a breakaway have it rumble. Kind of like in FIFA 10 where on the last penalty shot your controller rumbles, and when your in the box the screen shakes and wobbles. Louder crowds, crazier celebrations, etc.

Be able to change the frequency of goalies playing the puck (behind the net, on dump ins etc). Also don't make it so stiff, the goalie puck play in NHL 11 is atrocious. Just absolutely terrible. May as well take it out.

Players should jump out of the way when taking shots. Like your teammates standing in front of you while you take a shot on net, they should jump out of the way. Too many times are they just standing there doing jack all and then getting hit and ending up getting injured sometimes. Useless.

Nets should get dislodged.

The Code Entry should be used more. You should be able to get codes that unlock players like Gretzky or Mario Lemieux or Ken Dryden, etc. But not have them in FA or able to use online. Just for fun kind of thing. Like what EASPORTS did with the Montreal Centennials in NHL10. Have vintage players.

Also have vintage teams ready to go and be created. Like have the Hartford Whalers or Winnipeg Jets jerseys and logos and gear already all done so you can just go and create that team and not have to do all the colors and jerseys and stuff. Again, something just for fun.

You should be able to upload a picture to any created player you make.

Make the teammate AI smarter. Time and time again I'm going down the right wing as a center, and the RW player just stays there and gets in my way, he should adjust and go to center.

Scouting needs an overhaul. You should have around 2 or 3 scouter's depending on your scout level. You should be able to concentrate on certain players and not just regions/leagues.

The whole medical, pro scout, amateur scout, asst coach upgrades should be changed to what its like in FIFA10 where you upgrade the forwards, defense, goaltending, medical, scouting, etc.all separately. Bringing money in would make the system more complex I believe, so keep the Task Points IMO.

Speediakal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 09:42 PM
Dylonus

^ About the Pro Scout and Medical and such... ^

Only thing worth upgrading in Be a GM is the rookie scout. Injuries rarely ever happen, and pro scouts are GOD AWFUL. Your assistant coach (the higher his rank, the faster your player potential) is garbage. Potential ends up being based on random programming of some random prospects in this game mixed with your teams success in the NHL and the AHL.

Dylonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2011, 12:42 AM
TheFlyingV
Anatidaephobia

Get them to fix the Ducks' third jerseys please.
As Represented in NHL11
In Reality
The Gold is this yellow that shows up on merchandise every once in awhile. The gold on the home and away is spot on, change it to that. The Orange is extremley washed out. Also the Captain's C is wrong on all 3 of the Ducks jerseys. The helmets and ice have been changed since last season but I think that would be fixed.

TheFlyingV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2011, 01:29 AM
Brendino

There are a lot of good suggestions in this thread that I was going to make, so I won't bother saying them again. One thing, though, that has always bothered me in offline modes is that there are no RETIRED NUMBERS.

As an example, on my Be a GM file, there are already 46 different retired numbers being used throughout the league (including #4 in Boston and #9 in Detroit), mostly by players who don't deserve it. I always thought that it would just add a small bit more realism to the game, and it shouldn't be too hard to disable the numbers for different teams.

Brendino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2011, 02:57 AM
fullclip
Prepare to die

Quote:
Originally Posted by themasterbrendino View Post
There are a lot of good suggestions in this thread that I was going to make, so I won't bother saying them again. One thing, though, that has always bothered me in offline modes is that there are no RETIRED NUMBERS.

As an example, on my Be a GM file, there are already 46 different retired numbers being used throughout the league (including #4 in Boston and #9 in Detroit), mostly by players who don't deserve it. I always thought that it would just add a small bit more realism to the game, and it shouldn't be too hard to disable the numbers for different teams.
YES. I have been wanting this for a while too. It sucks to see guys on Detroit wearing 19 and 9. It has always bugged me.

fullclip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2011, 09:01 AM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
Pretty much everything I want done has been mentioned. But seriously fix or get rid of the arrow in BAP. I hate it when in the offensive zone of there defenders touch the puck and it makes your arrow point to the defensive zone lol. Hello I'm on the forecheck.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2011, 11:06 AM
GoSensGo765
GO SENS GO!!

Some awesome ideas here guys, I'd agree with pretty much all of them. It is just disappointing to know that EA is only going to implement maybe half or not even half of these things into 12.

I know these things all take time, but there is no reason whatsoever that they cannot put out a much better and deeper game. Now that 2K is back, EA has their work cut out for them and they really need to step it up.

I've been going strong with EA since I got my 360 and got 07 and I really want to remain a loyal customer but I am not going to tolerate a half ass job and a slight upgrade to 11. There needs to be MAJOR chances and upgrades.

And the best idea of all on here? PLEASE get the EA team to play, analyze and take notes on NBA 2K11. That game is pure gold in every way and a shining example to how a franchise mode should be put together. Oh and for presentation, that is so damn important. Make it feel like I'm almost watching the game on TV. Probably the easiest thing to fix. Make your game flashier EA, the same way you are with Madden this year. Tired of NHL getting brushed aside and not getting the attention it deserves.

I'll be watching EA very closely over the coming months. Let's see what you can do.

GoSensGo765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2011, 11:06 AM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

How about my BaP gets injured sometimes? I was just playing FIFA 11 and my guy took a hard tackle and missed over 3 months. Realism, people.

BackGroundMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2011, 01:58 PM
Speediakal
Hometown Discount

I don't think there should be retired jerseys and I believe it will never happen. You can always change your teams jersey numbers. If anything, they should put in an option where you can disable certain jersey numbers. Like in the main options so it happens across all game modes.

There are injuries in BaP. My guy gets injured like every second game, albeit its a small injury and I can still play. But I have gotten injured and missed games as well.

Old
05-12-2011, 03:02 PM
gsx capsfan

Send a message via AIM to gsx capsfan Send a message via Yahoo to gsx capsfan
Be-A-GM

-Custom attribute points. Like in Be-A-Pro I should be able to assign attribute points to my player as I see fit. You can keep the current generic options, but also add in a Custom, if I want to adjust some players myself.

-Multiple scouts. GM's don't have one scout, I should be able to have multiple scouts looking in different places throughout the year. Give more feedback on scouted players as well. This Red/Yellow/Green 6.0/6.5/7.0 is not very helpful at all. Have a personality interview as well, and potential scale of some sort.

-Better Drafting. Like I said above with the draft feedback, needs overhauled. Also, you should have first round busts, and late round gems.

-Team Finances. As previously stated, I want to be able to adjust ticket prices, beer/food prices, jersey prices, parking and other things. This will create a level of realism not yet scene. If you're a bad team, you may not be able to spend to the cap if you don't bring in enough $. Make free ticket nights, have advertisements, arena upgrades, and so on. But, if my franchise does not bring in money, I shouldn't have the available funds to spend up to the cap. This would also make it a bit more interesting if you played with out a cap.

-GM/Owner feedback. If I have spent to much money on a few players, or I made a roster for one playoff run I should be able to go to the owner and tell him we need to rebuild. This way were I'm not expected to win 50 games after I just blew up my roster.

-Player feedback. If a player is happy or unhappy, wants a trade, wants more ice time let him ask to let the GM know. A player should be happier playing on a line of his countrymen, or someone he maybe played with in a junior league.

- Line chemistry. To elaborate on the above. Players playing together for a long period, same country, similar age, similar playing style should have better chemistry then a grinder, an enforcer, and a sniper from three different countries.

- I should be able to sign UFA/RFA before the season is over. This will also give an idea to what a player wants to be resigned for. I'll know if I can afford that player, or if I need to move him, or if I should plan on making a one and done run for the cup.

- Trading. During regular trades there should be more back and forth. I want player "X" what will it take? Or, I'll give you player "X" for player "Y", accept or send a counter offer. Of course if its way off, or they don't want to trade that player its one thing. But making it easier to trade players would add some fun to the game. Proper feedback on what teams are looking for. Teams contract counts should be displayed, if I'm trying to build through the draft, finding contract free teams is impossible. Trade phones are not realistic at all. Does a GM on draft day only have 5 calls to make? Make each round live, get trade offers when its your turn to draft, or try and move up if a player is available. Also there is a soft cap during the off season, so if a trade puts a team a few hundred K, or even a few million over the cap, that should not be a trade killer.
GM rep should be on how easy it is to make a trade, not how many phones you have on draft day. A young GM should have a hard time making equal trades, and as your rep goes up, making even trades, or even getting over on a team should be easier.

- BAD GMs Not all GMs make perfect trades. Some are good at it, and some are horrible at it. The CPU should accept some bad trades, or even make some bad trade offers. Both in your favor, and not in your favor. Each GM should have a different trading style.

-News papers. Recap of the previous night, week, month. Monthly award winners like rookie of the month, player of the month, goalie of the month. Here you can even use the phone as a blogger update, thoughts from the coach (how X player is doing, players that may need to be sent down, or called up)/owner (Status of the team, finances, overall feel of how the team is doing)

-PreSeason. I should be able to have my entire roster available to me on preseason game night. Shuffling players up and down is a pain in the butt. It also messes up jersey numbers, Captaincy and Assistant Captains as you are shuffling players around.

-Training Camp. Not just preseason games, but a place where you can work on players skills. Skating speed and acceleration, shooting accuracy and power, stick handling, strength, endurance and so on.

There should be more of a story line as well, more behind the scenes to it all. Yes its a hockey game, but keep in interesting.

gsx capsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2011, 03:32 PM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

Players skating down the boards with the puck shouldn't be looking into the upper bowl of the stands while they do it.

Richie Daggers Crime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2011, 03:43 PM
Brendino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speediakal View Post
I don't think there should be retired jerseys and I believe it will never happen. You can always change your teams jersey numbers. If anything, they should put in an option where you can disable certain jersey numbers Like in the main options so it happens across all game modes.
The only problem with changing another teams' numbers is that you can only do that in the main menu (you can only change your own teams numbers in Be a GM, and your own in Be a Pro).

However, I do like the idea that players can disable certain numbers. It would allow for those that want to wear a specific number that is retired, and it would also leave room for future numbers that may be retired.

Brendino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2011, 05:10 PM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

I remembered one of the things that's bothered me in BaGM:

If a player goes on waivers, don't show me his picture and ask if I want to claim him. Show me ALL the players put on waivers that day AT THE SAME TIME. Do a list, not a mugshot. That way I can avoid claiming Andy MacDonald for a 2nd line center spot when Patrick Berglund is right behind him.

[For what it's worth, I put Andy Mac back on waivers and the Blues claimed him back. I have no idea why they put their top 2 centers on waivers and then claimed one again.]

BackGroundMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2011, 06:22 PM
Speediakal
Hometown Discount

There should be fatigue after games like it is in FIFA 10. Where if you play a player a lot, he's then fatigued the next day and not able to perform at 100% in the next game, depending how long it is till the next game. This would be a nice feature especially for playoff games. Also, you should be able to upgrade your conditioning trainers like you can in FIFA 10 so that players who are played a lot can recover faster the higher your conditioning staff are rated.

I think a lot should be adapted from FIFA10, like form, where a players overall dips if he is out of form (cold streak) or rises above normal when he is on good form (hot streak).

Old
05-12-2011, 06:23 PM
Speediakal
Hometown Discount

Quote:
Originally Posted by iciclesonapapershelf View Post
I remembered one of the things that's bothered me in BaGM:

If a player goes on waivers, don't show me his picture and ask if I want to claim him. Show me ALL the players put on waivers that day AT THE SAME TIME. Do a list, not a mugshot. That way I can avoid claiming Andy MacDonald for a 2nd line center spot when Patrick Berglund is right behind him.

[For what it's worth, I put Andy Mac back on waivers and the Blues claimed him back. I have no idea why they put their top 2 centers on waivers and then claimed one again.]
Just press the left or right bumper to see the next player going through waivers...not that hard.

Old
05-12-2011, 10:51 PM
straka91*

The deking speeds are too fast and even. Harder ones should be a little slower and have a much higher increase in losing the puck.
*The person from the EA main forums who went to the last event made an excellent video for what im trying to describe.*

Also, as a defender, it would be nice to shove players away from the crease easier. Its there in 11 but almost impossible to do.

Suspensions and more 2,5,10;s for fighting.

Checking and fighting skill should not be so important for raising the overall. Makes lines unrealistic. The Boogaards of the league should be in the 60's not 79 or 81 overall.

More ref interaction, breaking up players in scrums etc.

Edit contract lengths in edit player would be nice.

Easier free agent edit player lists categories.

Tweak the youngsters growing lol. I only put on 2 inches and 20 pounds from 16-19. Not a foot and 60 pounds.

Player tendencies (work hard, drive to the net, lazy, etc) Want to tell a difference between a Kovalev and a Ian lappy.

Skip button for goal reviews.

Players need to decline sooner. A 33 year old should not have c,c,c. (Rare exceptions like Lidstrom, Selanne, Recchi, etc)

Tweak the physics so size is more of a factor.

Create a forecheck would be cool. Atleast include the 1-3-1

Option to start in following offseason with the right free agents etc. Tired of simming a season.

Oversea signings in Be A Gm

Non playable ECHL to send players down to.

For otp, strength should start higher for all players.

Buying boost packs make experience points double.

I think most of this stuff can be worked in the remaining months, most of them are mainly tweaks.

Last edited by straka91*: 05-12-2011 at 11:13 PM.
straka91* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2011, 11:31 PM
dhasek3910

Don't know if this has been mentioned, but in your defensive zone there should be a button or way to tie up a person in front of the net without getting interference penalties..maybe if you just skate into him you can start holding his stick down or moving it out of the way automatically, it's frustrating playing as a dman and having no way to stop the guy in front of the net.

dhasek3910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2011, 12:26 AM
Scouter

vCash: 360
A PC and Mac version would improve the game

Scouter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2011, 10:50 AM
Injury Prone Stastny
Can't Trade Me!

Didn't read through all of these, might be double posting some.

Here are just a couple things that need to be fixed;

- AI, when I have the puck and a teammate skates in front of me, blocking me.

- AI, teammates never in the correct area for a pass, or one-timer.

- AI, in BAP goalie, i turn the settings for human players way down, and the other team never shoots, just passes it over and over and over. Same goes for when the settings are equal, my team passes over and over and over.

- BAP, goalie, more shots against. 10 shots a game isn't cutting it.

- BAP, should be forced off the ice, I can easily play 10-15 minute a period.

- Realistic simming, a stacked team should win more often than not. Crosby, Ovechkin, Stamkos should be leading scorers. Not some scrub on a team that isn't even going to make the playoffs.

- Glitch goals. Yes you know, the good old fashioned wrist shot that can never be stopped. As well as the one-timers from all over the ice going in.

- 6 pauses online eashl. It really irritates me when the other team pauses over and over again until they have no more. Maybe 1 pause per player?

- Realistic fans, arenas, goal horns. It can't be that hard can it?

- Be able to control finances, fan relations, coaches.

- Real jerseys for the world teams, they are really really bad.

- Black and white logos for created teams.. need I say more.

- Better player customization features, I am sick of every player looking the exact same.

- More equipment in general.

- Be able to purchase better equipment with the money you make in BAP.

- Players should not fall down every time they try to turn. Even with a balance of 85, I fall all the time.

- Fighting with the left and right hands, just like the lovely announcers say they can.

- Better announcers.

- More music in menus, games, loading screens.

- I want to be able to check someone through the glass.

- I want to see some blood or something if a player takes a shot in the face, or broken noses in fights.

- Not getting hurt when you smash into the boards by accident. It's too much.

- I thought ratings went down for a period in eashl when you get hurt, but when I pause and look at my players rating, it stays down for the entire game.

- Game misconducts in eashl. I don't want to play for 2 minutes, get a game, and have to sit it out if I want to keep my dnf intact.

- Better goalie control, I don't want the AI to make a save for me, let me do it myself.

- More unique goal celebrations as well as a time to perform them.

- There should be a noticeable difference between a guy with 85 speed compared to a guy with 90 speed.

- On eashl, make the computer players rated 75 throughout or something. I am tired of having 90 speed and agility and having the 59 rated computer defensemen beat me to a puck.

- I want to have an option to kick out a player (by vote) who won't start a game in eashl, you know, the guy that waits until the last second to quit, or the one who won't play D when all the forward positions are taken.

- Make winning the cup more of a reward, I don't find any pleasure in winning it because it doesn't really mean anything.

- Get rid of the phone trading crap.

- My rep should not drop because I don't accept a ****y deal from the cpu.

- Make trades more even, Hall for Ovechkin wouldn't happen in the real world would it?

- When you are simming games with the assistant coach off, be able to throw in the back up goalie for a couple of games.

- Request a trade in BAP. And what's with the, oh, I could only get this much out of the team you just helped to win the cup, but hey, here are 3 other ****y teams with better offers.

- Chemistry with different types of players. Sniper - Playmaker - Sniper should be better than Sniper - Sniper - Sniper. And so on.

- Give us the option of not watching the replays in intermissions. Right now its replay, 30 sec, start. It should be, watch if you want, but its a max of 60 seconds during the intermission.

- Crosby, Ovechkin, Stamkos and the like should not be free agents for their whole careers.

- AI spam hits you and you can't do anything about it.

- Retired numbers should remain retired. I HATE seeing someone wear 19 on my Avalanche team.

I'd go on but I am at work right now and can't really think of anything else.

Injury Prone Stastny is offline   Reply With Quote