HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

'Git-R-Dun' Nashville vs. Vancouver game 6 7PM CST

Old
05-09-2011, 10:07 PM
killcrypt

vCash: 500
Amazing what this team was able to accomplish with their payroll. Add 2 six million dollar forwards and you've got a stanley cup winner.

killcrypt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2011, 10:08 PM
tserberis*

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
No we wouldnt of seen it if it werent for Rinne
Rinne didn't win all the games, team did some work too.

I think SK was trying not to mess up.
To be honest it is not his fault that he was on the ice, he does not make that call.

tserberis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2011, 10:09 PM
Fortheloveofthegame

Great series! Too bad, I was rooting for Nashville! Your "big" players needed to shine, and did not......SK, Horqvist, Erat, and Fisher! Sedin twins did a "no show" as well, but they have too much "fire power" after them.....Nashville does not.
Great season though for the Preds! Congrats on the second round playoffs!

Fortheloveofthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2011, 10:09 PM
don28

Kostitsyn is young, this was his first significant amount of playing time in the playoffs. Patric Hornqvist wasn't much better. Martin Erat wasn't the same since the beating he took against Anaheim.

Plenty of time this offseason to think about what could have been had Matthew Lombardi remained healthy...had Marcel Goc been available....

don28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2011, 10:13 PM
JohniusMaximus
Digging the Sarchasm

*****ing and moaning not withstanding I leave this season and these boards behind for the summer sabbatical with a grin on my face. The list of, "But the Preds have never..." shrank quite a bit this postseason.

The boys should be proud. I sure as hell am.

JohniusMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2011, 10:13 PM
tserberis*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
Just because he had a great regular season that doesnt excuse him for being literally worse than a healthy scratch at the most crucial time of the year. As long as he learns from this ill welcome him back with open arms next year... But he definitely needs to redeem himself
What about Erat, Horqvinst? Did they do better? Weber? Where was his offense from 1 series?

Old
05-09-2011, 10:14 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Agree re:Hornqvist. He did not live up to his contract. Lots of guys need to rededicate themselves to working on weaknesses this summer.

But i do hope this postseason propels Legwand to that next level we have all been waiting for

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2011, 10:15 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Came around to say how proud I am of this team right now. I'm slightly disappointed, but not really. It's odd. They worked hard all season to get where they ended up. The youngest roster in the play offs went toe-to-toe with a relatively healthy Vancouver team that is an exceptionally skilled hockey club, and they really had a chance to win it.

Hats off to Vancouver. They played a good series, and all of the trash talk and sour grapes about individual players or plays aside, it really was some great hockey to watch. I still hate Vancouver. Until they get rid of certain players I will continue to hate them, but I respect the team as a whole.

Hell of a season. That's really all that needs to be said right now. Hell of a season. Let's make more memories next years

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2011, 10:19 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

I'm bummed but still very proud of the team, organization and city.

Off to work now.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2011, 10:20 PM
tserberis*

For me team looks promising. Let guys grow up a bit, take some lessons over the summer on finishing and skating. Coaches on offense and PP. Keep the team together. They will go deeper. Most are young and have room to grow.

I believe, they will be better next year. Just keep the good work don't.

You don't learn on success, you learn on your mistakes.

Old
05-09-2011, 10:21 PM
Webersmashpuck

vCash: 1088
Quote:
Agree re:Hornqvist. He did not live up to his contract. Lots of guys need to rededicate themselves to working on weaknesses this summer.

But i do hope this postseason propels Legwand to that next level we have all been waiting for
I think last post season did do that. Legwand had 40ish points in 60ish games this season, same pace as this playoffs.

Each guy that we are saying did not step up was pretty much wearing a target in the Anaheim series and got hit hard and often. Erat was on the verge of breaking out, he was moving and it was only a matter of time before he started getting points, though it wasnt at the right time. Kostitsyn and Hornqvist got their first real playoff action and I can bet both will be better next time around.

Webersmashpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2011, 10:31 PM
MearnsRea

Heck of a series guys. Your team was a great dark horse contender, and I do feel bad as a Canucks fan for rooting for the team that knocked you out. It's impossible to hate the Preds, and you have a lot of talent on that team. Hopefully, you'll get the cup in the future.

Be proud, Nashville.

MearnsRea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2011, 10:35 PM
Fortheloveofthegame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webersmashpuck View Post
I think last post season did do that. Legwand had 40ish points in 60ish games this season, same pace as this playoffs.

Each guy that we are saying did not step up was pretty much wearing a target in the Anaheim series and got hit hard and often. Erat was on the verge of breaking out, he was moving and it was only a matter of time before he started getting points, though it wasnt at the right time. Kostitsyn and Hornqvist got their first real playoff action and I can bet both will be better next time around.
Did Hornqvist not play in last years playoffs! He had 30 goals? Was he injured or something?

Old
05-09-2011, 10:36 PM
JamesBond*

Quote:
Originally Posted by killcrypt View Post
Amazing what this team was able to accomplish with their payroll. Add 2 six million dollar forwards and you've got a stanley cup winner.
You could say that about a number of teams. Maybe even the majority of teams.

JamesBond* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2011, 10:38 PM
JamesBond*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Came around to say how proud I am of this team right now. I'm slightly disappointed, but not really. It's odd. They worked hard all season to get where they ended up. The youngest roster in the play offs went toe-to-toe with a relatively healthy Vancouver team that is an exceptionally skilled hockey club, and they really had a chance to win it.

Hats off to Vancouver. They played a good series, and all of the trash talk and sour grapes about individual players or plays aside, it really was some great hockey to watch. I still hate Vancouver. Until they get rid of certain players I will continue to hate them, but I respect the team as a whole.

Hell of a season. That's really all that needs to be said right now. Hell of a season. Let's make more memories next years
It may be a pivotal playoffs in terms of the long term viability of hockey in Nashville. Likely the mini-run has turned some fans in the South on to hockey.

Now......what's the deal with your TV there? No versus, then no watch? What percentage of homes do you figure in Nashville carry versus?

JamesBond* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2011, 10:41 PM
monster_bertuzzi

Thanks for a fun series. Nothing but props to Barry Trotz and the entire team for being pure class. This team is seriously scary looking towards the future with the brick wall known as Rinne-Suter-Weber.

monster_bertuzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2011, 10:46 PM
roseyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesBond View Post
It may be a pivotal playoffs in terms of the long term viability of hockey in Nashville. Likely the mini-run has turned some fans in the South on to hockey.

Now......what's the deal with your TV there? No versus, then no watch? What percentage of homes do you figure in Nashville carry versus?
Versus was blocked out in favor of local coverage with the Preds announcers. I wished I heard versus. Who did the play by play and commentary on Versus?

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2011, 10:47 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwhiteandblue View Post
Did Hornqvist not play in last years playoffs! He had 30 goals? Was he injured or something?
Yes he missed all but one playoff game with a broken hand

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2011, 10:48 PM
Cogburn

Canucks fan here. Congrats on the second round berth, and it's unfortunate the way Nashville was paired off with Vancouver in round two, I had actually kind of hoped it would be the Western Final that we'd see each other in. You guys put up a hell of a fight, and I'd love to see what another year of experience and maturity will do for the Predators younger players, and what the confidence from this playoffs will mean for you guys next year. Good luck to Trotz, Poile, Rinne and Weber in Vegas this year, and I wish them the best in pursuing their respective awards. That was one hell of a performance, and I hope to see your team in the playoffs again next year.

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2011, 10:56 PM
Fortheloveofthegame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webersmashpuck View Post

K, just checked NHL.com and see that Kostitsyn has played a lot of playoff games with the Canadiens, so NO excuses there! Hornqvist must have been hurt last year in his first NHL playoff run, because he only played 2 games?
Kostitsyn was absolutely invisible the whole playoffs. Yes, he has 4 assists in all playoff games, but was not as near dominant as he was mid season. He seems to go through slumps. At one point this season, he and Fisher, both 20 games played had all of 2 points!!! This could have been the difference of you making it to the next round

Old
05-09-2011, 10:56 PM
CallMeJerry

Congrats Nashvillians on a great run. You guys have one of the hardest working teams I've seen. The fans were loud as hell. I loved that kid with the Game 4 speech. Carrie Underwood. Her friend. Good luck next year - except against the Canucks, of course.

CallMeJerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2011, 11:07 PM
roseyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
Canucks fan here. Congrats on the second round berth, and it's unfortunate the way Nashville was paired off with Vancouver in round two, I had actually kind of hoped it would be the Western Final that we'd see each other in. You guys put up a hell of a fight, and I'd love to see what another year of experience and maturity will do for the Predators younger players, and what the confidence from this playoffs will mean for you guys next year. Good luck to Trotz, Poile, Rinne and Weber in Vegas this year, and I wish them the best in pursuing their respective awards. That was one hell of a performance, and I hope to see your team in the playoffs again next year.
Thanks!! it's sad right now and we don't like any your players but when we calm down we'll realize that your are the best team out there unless you play Detroit IMO.
Kesler is some kind of player. He single handed beat us. While we are wondering why are pp didn't work you are wondering about the Sedins. So on you go and we go home. Every penalty meant something because it was so close. It was agony watching our offense play and some of that because of the Canucks but we are futile most of the time. Our two best scorers didn't score in the series. I think Bieska is a real good defenseman. He is your leader on D. I think the other teams don't play D the way the Preds play so I think the ice will open for the Canucks in the upcoming rounds. Luongo has his confidence back. This series should have been over in 5 but we took Game 5 away from you and that is something you have to worry about. Your a good team not a great one. If the Sedins were on then we would have been swept but Suter and Weber and Rinne are that good.

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2011, 11:11 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
Why the **** was useless ass kostitsyn ouit there?? He hasnt done **** the whole series and now he singlehandedly blows our last minute of the season. What a ****hook
I was saying (essentially) the same thing. It's funny, because I had said with about three minutes to go, "I haven't heard the name 'Kostitsyn' in a while." Then he shows up and... well, the rest is history. Injury or no injury, there's no excuse for wasting that kind of time. Ice the puck if you have to with a guy in your face, but don't let that much time tick off the clock.

As pathetic as the end was, at least we got that far. We now know that we have at least some of the pieces in place to bring this team back to the level it reached in 06-07. It's now just a matter of adding to and maintaining that group so that we can make it past this point.

ETA: We lost to the best team in hockey. They could very easily win the Stanley Cup. There's no real shame in that, although it is disappointing that we kept shooting ourselves in the foot the way we did. But, at the very least, we didn't get swept, and we didn't pull a Montreal and go up 2-0 only to lose the series. THOSE would have been embarrassing.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2011, 11:12 PM
gopreds

Though we lost this was a huge step in the right direction for the Preds, think people woke up nationally and realize that that Nashville has a pretty darn good hockey team. Hoping that we get a nationally televised game on Versus/NBC Sports Net next year.Sure was exciting to watch, see you next year guys

gopreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2011, 11:17 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesBond View Post
You could say that about a number of teams. Maybe even the majority of teams.
The majority of teams already DO have two extra high dollar forwards on their roster. That is the whole point of the statement.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote