HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Quarterfinal Pre-Game Talk | FIN-NOR | RUS-CAN

View Poll Results: Who wins the Gold?
Canada 30 27.03%
Czech Republic 23 20.72%
Finland 22 19.82%
Germany 3 2.70%
Norway 10 9.01%
Russia 9 8.11%
Sweden 11 9.91%
United States 3 2.70%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
05-10-2011, 06:25 AM
Oulu Blackhawk

vCash: 500
Sweden beats Germany with 4 goals or more. Canada-Russia will be very tight game, but Canada wins. Or it's gonna end same like in the Olympics, Russia have no chance. Finland beats Norway with 1 or 2 goals. Finland shoots something like 50 times against Norways 20. And USA have no chance against Czech Republic.

Semifinals: Finland-Canada and Czech Republic-Sweden

Final: Finland-Sweden and as always Sweden beats Finland

Old
05-10-2011, 06:26 AM
Mestaruus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagh View Post
I also agree with the previous posters who said Finland was a bad match for Norway. I think they'd have preferred to play a team of more obvious stars, instead of a team.
Exactly. Little bit unlucky for Norway to get us, cause we have for sure learned our lesson throughout this tournament (Latvia,Germany).

Old
05-10-2011, 06:30 AM
JabbaJabba

vCash: 50
Wow, some serious trash talk between Norwegians and Finns. Chill out everyone! Remember that our common enemy is Sweden .

Norway has a chance to beat Finland, they have been good through the tournament and deserve to be here. However, Finland has been playing the best hockey in years even though our goal scoring has been bad and lucky at times. I really hope that we can win Norway but it's not going to be easy. Prediction: Finland wins.

Czech has been very good so far and I'm quite sure that they will beat USA. Their roster is better and like I said, they have played better so far. Prediction: Czech wins.

Canada is probably going to win Russia, unless Ovechkin and other Russian stars wake up and start playing like they should be playing. Individuals can win games and team Russia has some serious talent still unused. Canada can also step their game up but if Russia manages to surprise them from the start, they have a chance to win. Prediction: Canada wins.

Germany started the tournament very good but they have been fading. Vice versa, Sweden started badly and have been improving. So unless Germany can find their game again, Swedes are going to win this one. And even if Germany plays better, it's still going to be a tough game. Prediction: Sweden wins.

Old
05-10-2011, 06:39 AM
TollefsenFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JabbaJabba View Post
Wow, some serious trash talk between Norwegians and Finns. Chill out everyone! Remember that our common enemy is Sweden .

Norway has a chance to beat Finland, they have been good through the tournament and deserve to be here. However, Finland has been playing the best hockey in years even though our goal scoring has been bad and lucky at times. I really hope that we can win Norway but it's not going to be easy. Prediction: Finland wins.

Czech has been very good so far and I'm quite sure that they will beat USA. Their roster is better and like I said, they have played better so far. Prediction: Czech wins.

Canada is probably going to win Russia, unless Ovechkin and other Russian stars wake up and start playing like they should be playing. Individuals can win games and team Russia has some serious talent still unused. Canada can also step their game up but if Russia manages to surprise them from the start, they have a chance to win. Prediction: Canada wins.

Germany started the tournament very good but they have been fading. Vice versa, Sweden started badly and have been improving. So unless Germany can find their game again, Swedes are going to win this one. And even if Germany plays better, it's still going to be a tough game. Prediction: Sweden wins.
Sry mac but Norway is going to the final

Old
05-10-2011, 06:40 AM
FinRuutu
Red Wins

I love how one win against Sweden made Norway suddenly one of the big countries. It's time to bring you guys back to earth. Finland wins 5-0.

Old
05-10-2011, 06:47 AM
QnebO

Quote:
Originally Posted by TollefsenFan View Post
Sry mac but Norway is going to the final
No change my friend. Finland is going to actually try to play against you in next game I bet!

I hope our 8 defender tactic starts to pay when we are now aproaching to the end of this tournament. Playing at the finals, they will still have pretty fresh feet

Old
05-10-2011, 06:54 AM
TollefsenFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinRuutu View Post
I love how one win against Sweden made Norway suddenly one of the big countries. It's time to bring you guys back to earth. Finland wins 5-0.

Old
05-10-2011, 06:59 AM
Trotzig

Quote:
Originally Posted by QnebO View Post
Swedes didint take goalie away at Canada game, maybe it will occur a karma-law activation

Pulling your goalie while in a boxplay would have been awesome.

Old
05-10-2011, 07:09 AM
Fallenity

Quote:
Originally Posted by TollefsenFan View Post
Search your feelings, you know this to be true!

But in all honesty, you have to give Norway a hand for the tournament it's played so far, I don't imagine many would have guessed them to be in the top-8 before the tournament. Very well done and played!

While I don't know Norwegian hockey history that well, this must be close to your best accomplishments...? So whether you win Finland or not, you have to be proud of your team.

Old
05-10-2011, 07:31 AM
MMANumminen

Dream on Norwegians, last time you beat us was 1964 and it's not going to happen again this year.

Finland
Sweden
Canada
Czech

no surprises

Old
05-10-2011, 07:39 AM
Hagged

Quote:
Originally Posted by QnebO View Post
No change my friend.
Chance my friend. Chance. (Only because this is the fifth post of yours I've seen the word change used as chance)

Old
05-10-2011, 07:57 AM
TollefsenFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallenity View Post
Search your feelings, you know this to be true!

But in all honesty, you have to give Norway a hand for the tournament it's played so far, I don't imagine many would have guessed them to be in the top-8 before the tournament. Very well done and played!

While I don't know Norwegian hockey history that well, this must be close to your best accomplishments...? So whether you win Finland or not, you have to be proud of your team.
I am Cant complain so far and hopefuly it will be even better. I mean we beat the top teams like 1 time in a hundred years. So in 2111 we will beat Sweden again and perhaps we beat u this time and then w8 a hundred year untill the next time

Old
05-10-2011, 08:00 AM
TollefsenFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkine View Post
Chance my friend. Chance. (Only because this is the fifth post of yours I've seen the word change used as chance)
He is prob just an Obama fan. Change change change and ofc yes we can. Can we beat Finland °°°° YES WE CAN gotta love that Obama dude

Old
05-10-2011, 08:04 AM
TollefsenFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMANumminen View Post
Dream on Norwegians, last time you beat us was 1964 and it's not going to happen again this year.

Finland
Sweden
Canada
Czech

no surprises
Lets me have a look at our roster:
Forsberg CHECKED
Koivu CHECKED

Old
05-10-2011, 08:10 AM
Smiddletown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caz View Post
If you win, I'll send you a Belgian beer by post.
If I win, you'll send me... well, I don't want Norwegian
beer, that's for sure. What will you send me?
I have lived in France where there's cheap access to different Belgian beer, I loved them and I think it's the best beer country in the world. But when you say what you say, I'm pretty sure you've never had Aass or Frydenlund. They are, honest-to-Ilmatar, top top notch beer.

Old
05-10-2011, 08:11 AM
Wolfy*

Finland didn't impress me at all in this tournament, they actually only have a couple of one goal wins, the rest ended up in shootouts. Even against countries like Latvia and Slovakia. That's why I believe that Norway with their excellent team morale and fighter instinct have a solid chance here.

Old
05-10-2011, 08:14 AM
legendinblue
NHL in Seattle

Canada will win despite having such a young and inexperienced team.

Old
05-10-2011, 08:15 AM
Like Wall
I am Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
Finland didn't impress me at all in this tournament, they actually only have a couple of one goal wins, the rest ended up in shootouts. Even against countries like Latvia and Slovakia. That's why I believe that Norway with their excellent team morale and fighter instinct have a solid chance here.
Maybe that's because Latvia has progressed and tried hard at LAT - FIN game.

Old
05-10-2011, 08:16 AM
KenGuru

Its ok to have a little rivalry with the finns. But I think you Finns agree that Marius Holtet is the new Eric Lindros and Jonas Hol°s the new Nicklas Lidstr°m. You will see it on thursday.

Old
05-10-2011, 08:24 AM
Wolfy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Like Wall View Post
Maybe that's because Latvia has progressed and tried hard at LAT - FIN game.
Well that's what I mean, if Latvia can take the Finns to a shootout then Norway can certainly do it too...and even win

Old
05-10-2011, 08:35 AM
Charlie Milles*

Czech Republic - USA
Germany - Sweden
Norway - Finland
Canada - Russia

Old
05-10-2011, 08:39 AM
legendinblue
NHL in Seattle

Germany over Sweden would be a huge upset; and frankly, I would rather see Sweden advance. The anti-hockey Germany is playing hurts my eyes.

Old
05-10-2011, 08:41 AM
FiLe
Mr. Know-It-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
Finland didn't impress me at all in this tournament, they actually only have a couple of one goal wins, the rest ended up in shootouts. Even against countries like Latvia and Slovakia.
If you've actually watched Finland play instead of simply checking up the results you might feel differently. Finland has dominated the play in all of its games, they just suck at scoring. But then again, so does the opponent if they can't even hold the puck.

Finland will control this game as well. As I said once already: if Norway manages to play airtight D and has a goalie that can face 40 to 50 shots in a night, they have a chance of inching an upset. If they don't, it's lights out and good night. Masalkis had a good day vs. Finland, and my question is, will Haugen have similar? Because he will be Norway's most decisive player - not Holos, not Holtet, not Bastiansen or any other of their skaters.

Last edited by FiLe: 05-10-2011 at 08:49 AM.
Old
05-10-2011, 08:41 AM
Vladiator16*

My 2 cents...
Quarter-finals:
CZE-USA 4-2
GER-SWE 0-4
FIN-NOR 4-1
RUS-CAN 2-4

Finland wins the whole thing.

Old
05-10-2011, 08:51 AM
smitty10

Czech's or Canada will win gold. Both are so much stronger than the rest of the field.

Closed Thread