HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 5 v. Detroit PGT - "Roenick the Iconoclast" Edition

Old
05-08-2011, 11:41 PM
Derick*

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Derick*
Game 5 v. Detroit PGT - "Roenick the Iconoclast" Edition

Other thread hit 1000. Continue.

Last edited by Derick*: 05-09-2011 at 04:03 PM.
Derick* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2011, 11:45 PM
Lee Van Cleef*

Nice thread title.

Why am I not surprised that a certain Marleau fanboy is still defending the rotten apple? (Not the op in this thread mind you...)

Lee Van Cleef* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Nighthock
**** the Kings...

vCash: 163

Nighthock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
wesott11

Ducks fan coming in peace to drop the homer hatred and to lend support. Just drop these Detroit clowns and then beat the Ginger twins please. I'm part of a small percentage of fans that would PREFER to bring the cup back to California for a while. (As long as LA doesn't win it). But seriously... No reason to lose this series. Get it done!

wesott11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2011, 11:46 PM
magic school bus

vCash: 1965
OT: i hate myself.

On Topic: i hate the way this team handles games. they relax like a group of fans watching a game on tv.

magic school bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2011, 11:47 PM
Rickety Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic school bus View Post

On Topic: i hate the way this team handles games. they relax like a group of fans watching a game on tv.
Awww, don't hate you.

Rickety Cricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
irregardless
Registered Dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic school bus View Post

Wait, what? Fans watching Sharks games... relax?

irregardless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Derick*

Why do you hate yourself?

Old
05-08-2011, 11:48 PM
KpopandHockey
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Kpop is sad. need alcohol. T_T

KpopandHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2011, 11:48 PM
magic school bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickety Cricket View Post
Awww, don't hate you.
thanks.

Old
05-08-2011, 11:50 PM
Derick*

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurious View Post
Wait, what? Fans watching Sharks games... relax?
Haha, QFT

Old
Nighthock
**** the Kings...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned Kelly View Post
Nice thread title.

Why am I not surprised that a certain Marleau fanboy is still defending the rotten apple? (Not the op in this thread midn you...)
Well, I wouldn't go as far as calling him a rotten apple ... I'm in agreement with some that he has to be injured. He doesn't necessarily have the history just disappearing in the playoffs ...

Old
Led Zappa
Oy vey...

Just making it easier to quote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd

Keep proving my point. You put that whole goal on Marleau and Marleau alone. You ignore that a 2 on 1 that developed from there in means a defenseman is out of position and, lo and behold, McLaren was. You also conveniently ignore that there were two other forwards on the ice. One peeled ahead in Rissmiller in an offensive manner and the other was Guerin who was also caught on the wrong side of the puck. But no, your entire focus and blame has been directed to Marleau.

Scapegoating at its finest.
It's almost as if you don't understand the dynamic of team play. I chalk it up to Marleau fanboyism, but it's starting to look like you don't understand the game at all.

You see, in a team game, players count on other team members to play according to a game plan. Part of that game plan is to count on their team mates not to make a stupid play. With that little of time left in the game the teammates expect the exceptional player to make the safe play and bounce the puck up the boards. Instead, brain dead, I've got to make the big play Marleau, decides I'm gonna be the HERO!

He ****ed up. It's time to accept it.

"This is not a nick or a scratch, this is an open wound" - Doug Wilson.
Led Zappa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Chairman Mallard
GO DUCKS

Toews looks so sad in that avatar.

I hate that he knew this would happen, and never thought to tell us.

Chairman Mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2011, 11:51 PM
magic school bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cognition View Post
Why do you hate yourself?
thats the joke.

am i doing that right?

Old
05-08-2011, 11:51 PM
Franchise13

Ok, home and calmed down a bit... I think I have a bit of a clearer head now that the frustration is subsiding.

First off, I saw JR's comments. JR is not wrong, we all felt that way, I know everyone I was at that game with felt the same way. He was right. However, he should not have said what he said in the manner in which he said it. It crosses a line, it ultimately may cost him in the future. However, the person calling out Patty should've been a teammate or a coach, and behind closed doors... not an ex teammate who has a penchance saying the outlandish trying to make a transition into another career. Know why players give interviewers/media cliches? It's because they are trained that way. No one truly knows what's said in locker rooms, it's quite disrespectful to air dirty laundry. If fans know something about how someone is playing, I'm willing to bet the players already know.

Fans are calling for his head, which is understandable, his effort, not even his performance was disheartening and deflating. If that was my son or a teammate of mine or what have you, I'd have felt the same way: let down. If I had a teammate dog it like that, my hand would've been on his facemask by halftime. JT (...or Boyle, Clowe, whomever) needs to get his boy in check here, but do so in a way that doesn't throw him under the bus publicly.

People calling for him to be traded? I hope they are only venting frustration, because it has a 1% chance of happening. That 1%? If Marleau asks for one.

People calling him to be sat...? For who? Like it or not, Marleau is too talented to sit. You'd be cutting your nose to spite your face. Wanna sit your mentally fragile star who's pouted once before? See where that takes you, it'd cause more problems (everywhere not just on the ice) than it's worth. For better or worse, Marleau will play, maybe he should have a reduction in time, but he will play.

Knee jerk reactions never work. Ever.

Keep in mind, I am not defending Marleau in way for his effort tonight. It was awful. Just a bit of perspective from my end.

I know it's hard for fans at times. But try and remain supportive of this team and it's players. I've seen players be booed at home at the sign of one mistake, and why? To what end? To make that player press even more? To force him in a situation to not care? It's an impossible position to be in. True fans of a team, who wish success for the team, should not put players in that position. It's ok to be critical, but try to be supportive as well, that's ultimately what fans are right? I'm not saying HP Pavilion will be hostile towards Marleau for a potential Game 7, or that it has been, but I've seen this happen before.

Despite the world seemingly falling on the Sharks... they still only have to win one game. -ONE- Though they had 2 chances to win one already, it's still in their favor.

EDIT: Reposted, didn't realize the old thread was already @ 1k. Apologies. Feel free to delete the old one.

Franchise13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2011, 11:52 PM
Derick*

A lot of jokes/sarcasm/other non-literal things go over my head all the time so even though I still don't get it I'm sure it's my fault, not yours.

Old
05-08-2011, 11:52 PM
Thwarter
All out of bubblegum

Marleau should have to wear this jersey in tomorrow's practice.

That said, Sharks still have a 3-2 lead and can close it out in Detroit. If they are going to live up to the 'something's different about this year's' Sharks, they'll need to learn that they can't sit on a two goal lead and expect things to be OK.

And for the love of Dog... Niemi is a pretty decent goaltender. Too bad the Sharks D and forwards think they need to collapse on him and play his position for him. Wallin pretty much stepped on Niemi trying to stop pucks, and Seto... geez... instead of still skating towards Datsyuk behind the net and eliminating him, decides to SIT ON THE POST next to Niemi and provide the bank shot for Detroit to score.

Marleau took the cake though... had a chance to level the puck carrier but DODGES OUT OF THE WAY, then gets beat from behind on the wall, then wussyfoots a backcheck on Datsyuk which just spins Dats around and makes the gamewinning pass.

Zero points for Pattycakes, zero heart. I haven't seen him use his speed the whole series. He's playing once again like someone poisoned his dog or something. Pathetic.

Thwarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2011, 11:53 PM
Rickety Cricket

This is what Randy Hahn had to say:

Quote:
RT @sharkvoice: Jeremy Roenick only cares about furthering his broadcasting career. His Marleau take was WAY over the line. Many bridges were burned.

Rickety Cricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2011, 11:56 PM
Chubbs
Toasty

I agree that Roenick took it too far. Those types of comments probably cost him his job right there. He has a right to his opinion, but he also has to know that he has a responsibility as a TV crew member not to spew hate like he did. Learn2selfcontrol.

Chubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2011, 11:57 PM
rideaucrusher21

marleau sucks. if he continues to play as he did tonight he will continue costing the sharks.

but like some have said, hes here and hes here for good. he played awful tonight. we can only hope he turns it around.

rideaucrusher21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Negatively Positive
Save us Tomas!

vCash: 628
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesott11 View Post
Ducks fan coming in peace to drop the homer hatred and to lend support. Just drop these Detroit clowns and then beat the Ginger twins please. I'm part of a small percentage of fans that would PREFER to bring the cup back to California for a while. (As long as LA doesn't win it). But seriously... No reason to lose this series. Get it done!
man... you know you're in trouble when a ducks fan has to give you a pat on the back.

Negatively Positive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Ricelund
We like our team.

Question for you guys, hasn't Roenick called Marleau out in the past? I seem to remember him making some over the top comments about Marleau before this.

Ricelund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2011, 11:58 PM
Nighthock
**** the Kings...

How can you hate this face?!

Awwwwww ...

Old
05-08-2011, 11:58 PM
Chubbs
Toasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice View Post
Question for you guys, hasn't Roenick called Marleau out in the past? I seem to remember him making some over the top comments about Marleau before this.
He did last year, but not to this extent. Also he never had a permanent TV gig last year so the comments sort of fell under the radar.

Chubbs is offline   Reply With Quote