HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

Hitman Absolution (Hitman 5)

Old
11-20-2012, 10:16 PM
Purple hippo

vCash: 500
Im really enjoying this game, there is just something about being a stealthy contract killer that so enjoyable, especially with the many different ways you can kill people. The only thing that really bothers me right now is it seems enemies can see right through your disguise way too fast. Im not even playing on the highest difficulty (hard right now) and they see me very quick.

I havent been able to do contracts yet since everytime I try I keep getting server error but when I play through missions I can play other peoples they have already created.

Purple hippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 10:25 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvenskaRiga View Post
Im really enjoying this game, there is just something about being a stealthy contract killer that so enjoyable, especially with the many different ways you can kill people. The only thing that really bothers me right now is it seems enemies can see right through your disguise way too fast. Im not even playing on the highest difficulty (hard right now) and they see me very quick.

I havent been able to do contracts yet since everytime I try I keep getting server error but when I play through missions I can play other peoples they have already created.
I just finished part 1 took me forever to get past all of those cops without being seen. The disguises are almost useless when you have the same one as the enemy. I'm playing on hard as well.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 10:55 PM
Purple hippo

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipNash27 View Post
I just finished part 1 took me forever to get past all of those cops without being seen. The disguises are almost useless when you have the same one as the enemy. I'm playing on hard as well.
Yeah, that is where I am at, how is it that every Chicago police officer knows what ever single one of them looks like.

Purple hippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 12:18 AM
D Fresh
Lost Horizons

Game is great so far. I hated the third mission, some parts were hard as ****.

D Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 09:50 AM
Frankie Spankie

Eh, I'm not sure how I'm feeling about this game now after playing it for a couple hours. Controls are buggy at times and I have to move back and forth for a prompt to work. There are way too many controls as I already mentioned. But worst of all, it's all so damn linear. Each area is small and it's basicaly reach the next door. When you reach it, everything you did in the last room doesn't matter at all and has no effect on the next part of the mission. It is pretty fun and some of the kills are fun but they all just seem so staged.

I just finished a mission where you have to take out 3 assassins at Chinese New Years and there's really only one way to kill each target and still maintaining a silent assassin rating...

Frankie Spankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 09:57 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

The problem I have is that there are too many "sneak around" missions which don't involve killing any target.

Old
11-22-2012, 10:33 AM
Frankie Spankie

How far are you? I'm only about a quarter of the way through myself. I think every mission has had an assassination but the problem is each mission has these sublevels that are basically get to the exit by sneaking around...

Old
11-22-2012, 10:56 AM
awesomo
HARD!

I understand when they say the game is linear. But I love hitman games and I like the challenge and contract modes. Will keep me playing

awesomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 06:01 PM
That Habs Fan
True Contenders.

So all I did was play the prologue and this game is already ******* awesome, I've missed Hitman!

That Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 10:41 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

I'm near the end of the game. Some of these missions are ridiculous trying to sneak around. I've gotten to a point when I just kill everyone .

Old
11-22-2012, 11:31 PM
Tribu

Good game but I don't have the same feeling as when I played Blood money. The disguise thing is dumb.

Tribu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 07:27 AM
kmart

Send a message via MSN to kmart
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipNash27 View Post
I'm near the end of the game. Some of these missions are ridiculous trying to sneak around. I've gotten to a point when I just kill everyone .

thats what i am going to do if i buy this game... may i ask if a level is even doable without disguise... i will not change my suit for anybody

or will a mission fail like in ac when they catch you sneaking around or killing some people ? if yes i do not want this game

kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 09:22 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart View Post
thats what i am going to do if i buy this game... may i ask if a level is even doable without disguise... i will not change my suit for anybody

or will a mission fail like in ac when they catch you sneaking around or killing some people ? if yes i do not want this game
Missions never fail if you are caught. You can either run away and hide and wait until they stop looking or just shoot everyone up. If an enemy spots you and you kill him before everyone else figures it out you lose some points for being spotted, but you still continue going unnoticed for everyone else. Same goes if you are in a disguise. Your disguise still works if you kill everyone who saw you. I think there's only one mission where the target runs away if you start shooting up everyone and don't get him in time. Every mission should be able to be done with just the suit and sneaking around, but it's probably very very difficult. There are achievements for not being seen and using only the suit. Plus I don't think you can get the "silent assassin" rating without going in without killing one enemy, then killing the target, and getting out all undetected.

Old
11-24-2012, 09:27 AM
Frankie Spankie

Sigh, I hate some of these short and meaningless missions...

Just finished the mission in the bar and after that, probably a combined 10 minutes minus the cutscenes for the two missions.

Old
11-24-2012, 10:38 AM
Epoch

Eh... Blood Money is still better.

Epoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 12:08 PM
Frankie Spankie

So far, after being about half way through Absolution, I've liked Absolution more than Blood Money. Blood Money just felt really clunky on PC. I never tried it on consoles but you could tell it was meant for consoles. You can also tell this one was meant for consoles but it feels more fluid for me.

Old
11-24-2012, 01:09 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Just finished the end. Leaves it open for another game. Game was fun, the epilogue was actually quite easy compared to some of the other missions. Ah well. Overall good game, Steam says I took 21 hours to beat the game. I far from finished all of the challenges though. I also haven't touched contracts yet. Honestly I'm not a big fan of the outside story mode stuff so I don't know how much of that I'll actually play.

Last edited by WhipNash27: 11-24-2012 at 01:14 PM.
Old
11-25-2012, 08:33 AM
Frankie Spankie

Just finished The End of the Road

Spoil:
That's the very short clip where Lenny is telling you where Victoria is and you have the choice to kill him as he walks away or drive away. I honestly thought that despite only being a minute long, it was one of the coolest missions I've seen in a long time. You see that kind of scenario in movies all the time but I never had the experience to do it in any game before! For the record, I shot him. I'm not letting him go warn his friends!

Old
11-25-2012, 01:44 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Spankie View Post
Just finished The End of the Road

Spoil:
That's the very short clip where Lenny is telling you where Victoria is and you have the choice to kill him as he walks away or drive away. I honestly thought that despite only being a minute long, it was one of the coolest missions I've seen in a long time. You see that kind of scenario in movies all the time but I never had the experience to do it in any game before! For the record, I shot him. I'm not letting him go warn his friends!
You did it all wrong
Spoil:
Let him run behind the wagon, there is explosives all around it. Shoot the explosives = more fun

Old
11-25-2012, 01:57 PM
Sovereign
sic parvis magna

The whole hotel missions makes zero sense at all. I don't get the significant police present at the place.

Sovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 03:38 PM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

vCash: 934
Haven't played a Hitman game since Hitman 2 Silent Assassin for the PS2, which I wish I still had.

Am thinking of picking this up once it hits a price drop. Is it worth it??? I absolutely loved Hitman 2 Silent Assassin so I must say this new Hitman has me highly intrigued. However, is the disguise system in Absolution really this messed up??? Using disguises is one of the neatest things about the Hitman games IMO.

MetalheadPenguinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 04:02 PM
Frankie Spankie

I personally don't understand the complaints about the disguise system. I see it being complained about a lot but just never understood what the complaints are. If anything, it seems to make more sense that if you get too close, people will know you're in disguise because they look at your face. That being said, if you loved Hitman 2, the closest game of the series to it is Hitman Contracts which I did really enjoy. Contracts came out for XBox, PS2, and PC and I'm sure you can pick it up for <$10 now.

Old
11-25-2012, 06:03 PM
Belamorte
Feed Your Head

Im liking the game, but I am terrible. Even on easy I get found and killed over and over.

Belamorte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 09:33 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
I personally don't understand the complaints about the disguise system. I see it being complained about a lot but just never understood what the complaints are. If anything, it seems to make more sense that if you get too close, people will know you're in disguise because they look at your face. That being said, if you loved Hitman 2, the closest game of the series to it is Hitman Contracts which I did really enjoy. Contracts came out for XBox, PS2, and PC and I'm sure you can pick it up for <$10 now.
I guess the issue that people have is that it seems like everyone knows exactly who everyone is. I mean if I see an unfamiliar face at work I wouldn't question it, I don't know everyone. Some of these missions have tons of enemies. It should depend on how many people there are of that character, then it makes sense. If there are 100 enemies in a level they shouldn't question you if you're dressed as them as easily as if there are 20. Just like if you're in a city like Chicago, I doubt every cop knows each other. If you're in Hope, South Dakota then I'm sure all of the cops know each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrus Vakarian View Post
The whole hotel missions makes zero sense at all. I don't get the significant police present at the place.
They think you killed someone. You also happen to be a known assassin who is highly dangerous.

Old
11-26-2012, 09:40 AM
ForzaZuffa
Don't stare at it...

Quote:
I agree, just don't dress the same as the enemy you're trying to sneak past. It makes sense if you see a group of 6 cops talking, you lure one away and take his outfit that his group will notice something amiss.

I love this game. I'm a die hard hitman fan and this game nails it. It really makes you use your brain to get at marks rather than just find blazing in mindless fury, which you can definitely choose to do as well

ForzaZuffa is offline   Reply With Quote