HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Notices

Game 6 Part II

Old
05-10-2011, 11:30 PM
David McConnor
Unregistered User

vCash: 1004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkachuk4MVP View Post
Huh? They had to win in OT in Game 7 after blowing their own 0-3 lead and giving up the tying goal with 30 seconds to go.
Exactly, and when Burrows potted that goal it wasn't just that they won a first round series; they sealed their destiny as this year's eventual Cup champs. Burrows knew it, his teammates knew it, the crowd knew it, everyone knew it.

David McConnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 11:33 PM
Led Zappa
Oy vey...

vCash: 500
@Bakes_Jamie13 Jamie Baker

I remember losing game 6 in 94 7-1 and everyone wrote us off. I remember game 7 and finding a way to win - b/c we always believed!

"This is not a nick or a scratch, this is an open wound" - Doug Wilson.
Led Zappa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 11:34 PM
KpopandHockey
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Led Zappa View Post
@Bakes_Jamie13 Jamie Baker

I remember losing game 6 in 94 7-1 and everyone wrote us off. I remember game 7 and finding a way to win - b/c we always believed!
That sharks team had more mental fortitude than this Sharks team. If that sharks team had the skill this Sharks team had they would have swept Detroit.

KpopandHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 11:37 PM
ilikebigjoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Led Zappa View Post
I've mentioned this soooo many times. The RefWings cheat so bad on line changes that it's almost like they have 6 men on the ice whenever needed. They will have 4 pressing,... the puck will bounce out for a Sharks rush and magically they will have 2 back. It happens over and over again, but nobody listens to me
THIS! ive been scratching my head in games saying how the hell was that not a two on one? it happens for the wings, but not us....after that picture and the play in todays game....not so much of a head scratcher anymore.

ilikebigjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 11:40 PM
HBSauce
Dirts McGirts

Well these last 3 games have shown that absolutely nothing with the Sharks is safe hahaha. Good news is, we can still win this ****ing thing. They put their absolute best effort out on the ice, like Game 1 and 2, they have a great chance in winning that fourth game. This is where we get to see if this team truly is different from previous Shark incarnations. So far when the game has been on the line, they have responded with timely overtime wins and close games. Everyone knew that Detroit was no chump, hence now we are playing a 7th game when people were already planning on how we would match up against Nashville or Vancouver. Bad strategy, but with how things went last year with Detroit it was easy to be lulled into a sense of false security and expect to take it in 5. I know I did.

Here comes a crossroad that the team and the franchise will face, exactly the same as Vancouver did in the first round when we were all cheering for the Hawks (including me). Win and we continue the dream; lose and we face a very realistic scenario of roster and management changing. That's pretty much how it's going to be in my eyes.

I knew this was going to be a long series, but I didn't expect the sharks to jump out to a 3-0 lead then let Detroit back in to force Game 7. Anywho it's winner take all, and I will stand by my Sharks. You should too, this team still has something special and I know they are going to get it done Thursday night. Let the past be the past, because if the fans can't forget do you think the players will? So hold on to your butts, we are in for a rollercoaster ride. Get your beers ready and lets see our boys take down those pesky Wings one last time!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SHARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRKS!

HBSauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 11:49 PM
MadmanSJ
Know Your Onion!

I feel a sweep coming on Thursday night! Break out the brooms Sharks fans!

MadmanSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 11:50 PM
KpopandHockey
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadmanSJ View Post
wut?

Old
05-10-2011, 11:51 PM
ilikebigjoe

the rabbit believes.

on a side note, i think its time for someone in the sharks room to step up and finally say that you know what that was a pathetic effort and we needed to be and we will be better in game 7. im standing by the sharks and will always be a shark fan, but im getting tired of hearing the same ol' we were happy with our game tonight (they didnt say this tonight) but they need to get mad and show some emotion.

this series is going to be won 5 on 5, team to score closest to the end of the 3rd is going to win this game.

i think its gonna come down to a 2-2 game thursday with like 7 or 8 mins left in the third, and det is gonna shoot themselves in the foot cuz theyll be thinking, "hey sj is thinking we NEED to close this out, pressure on them" but as long as sj ISNT** thinking that (even if its true), they will just play their game and eventually pot the winner. thats my prediction.

Old
05-10-2011, 11:55 PM
19sharks19

Quote:
Originally Posted by USF Shark View Post
you know you're getting desperate for a scapegoat when you blame the goalie who made 40 saves
So true. Last game, Howard holds them in to allow them a chance to come back, and they do. Tonight , Niemi does the same and what do our guys do, their annual dipsy doodle.

It gets so frustrating to see our team get licked year after year for one major reason; the lack of 'killer drive and instinct' like the Wings have shown us and like the Hawks showed us last season, to the Ducks, and Dallas etc.

Whenever they now fly home, Todd should make them watch this game again and again on the flight home and simply state; "that is how you play a playoff game in desperation. Now, try and do the same on Thursday". Unfortunately, I'm still afraid some of them just won't get it, such as Marleau and Heater

Last edited by 19sharks19: 05-11-2011 at 12:03 AM.
19sharks19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 12:05 AM
StreetSharks
#19 Joe Trollton

vCash: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19sharks19 View Post
So true. Last game, Howard holds them in to allow them a chance to come back, and they do. Tonight , Niemi does the same and what do our guys do, their annual dipsy doodle.

It gets so frustrating to see our team get licked year after year for one major reason; the lack of 'killer drive and instinct' like the Wings have shown us and like the Hawks showed us last season, to the Ducks, and Dallas etc.

Whenever they now fly home, Todd should make them watch this game again and again on the flight home and simply state; "that is how you play a playoff game in desperation. Now, try and do the same on Thursday". Unfortunately, I'm still afraid some of them just won't get it, such as Marleau and Heater
No one is blaming the goalie for the loss tonight.

But as TSN mentioned, and CLEARY's OWN WORDS.

They look for the big Niemi rebounds because they know it generates scoring chances, that's a legit strat that they use now.

StreetSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 12:05 AM
HBSauce
Dirts McGirts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikebigjoe View Post
the rabbit believes.

on a side note, i think its time for someone in the sharks room to step up and finally say that you know what that was a pathetic effort and we needed to be and we will be better in game 7
http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/...aining-content

Logan Couture had a quote along those lines, love that kid.

HBSauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 12:07 AM
jwhitesj

This to many men thing has got me quite peeved. I was dissapointed with the team tonight and went out for some ice cream with the wife to forget about the game. I come home and see thse photos. I was wondering how they allways seemed to have 2 guys back when I remember counting 4 forecheckers. Unfortunatley, what can really be done about it. The league won't do anything about it. The refs seem to not care. As infurating as it is, I just don't see how any retribution can be made for these horrible non calls the wings are getting away with.

jwhitesj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 12:08 AM
SactoShork
The Youth Movement

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadmanSJ View Post
Place here.

SactoShork is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 12:09 AM
Pinkfloyd

vCash: 2283
I will personally have more belief, even if it is unfounded due to the evidence, if just one of the leaders on this team comes out and shows some bravado. Joe Thornton, Patrick Marleau, Dan Boyle, Ryane Clowe, someone, anyone. Before Thursday, I want someone to say with confidence that we will win game seven. I don't care if it's bulletin board material or even if they're completely incapable of doing it. Guarantee a win and make sure the team and the fans hear about it. Maybe then they and the fans will come together and have some jump.

Right now, just letting it go and resetting and focusing on next game is not going to rally the players nor the fans.

Pinkfloyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 12:10 AM
allworldcaucasn*

Send a message via AIM to allworldcaucasn*
Don Cherry said Sharks would lose game 6 and win game 7. FWIW

allworldcaucasn* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 12:11 AM
allworldcaucasn*

Send a message via AIM to allworldcaucasn*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
I will personally have more belief, even if it is unfounded due to the evidence, if just one of the leaders on this team comes out and shows some bravado. Joe Thornton, Patrick Marleau, Dan Boyle, Ryane Clowe, someone, anyone. Before Thursday, I want someone to say with confidence that we will win game seven. I don't care if it's bulletin board material or even if they're completely incapable of doing it. Guarantee a win and make sure the team and the fans hear about it. Maybe then they and the fans will come together and have some jump.

Right now, just letting it go and resetting and focusing on next game is not going to rally the players nor the fans.
You already guaranteed they'd lose, so I don't know what you're talking about here.

allworldcaucasn* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 12:13 AM
irregardless
Registered Dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post

Yesss. This is what I want too. I'm tired of the same quotes from Jumbo, Patty, etc, saying things like, "We just need to reset and be ready to go in the next game." You're about to play a Game 7 after you just lost three in a row. Say something more inspiring! Sound a little more passionate!

irregardless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 12:40 AM
Sharkway Drive
****ing All Star!

We sucked so hard we crashed hf.

Sharkway Drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 12:53 AM
Led Zappa
Oy vey...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhitesj View Post
This to many men thing has got me quite peeved. I was dissapointed with the team tonight and went out for some ice cream with the wife to forget about the game. I come home and see thse photos. I was wondering how they allways seemed to have 2 guys back when I remember counting 4 forecheckers. Unfortunatley, what can really be done about it. The league won't do anything about it. The refs seem to not care. As infurating as it is, I just don't see how any retribution can be made for these horrible non calls the wings are getting away with.
Wilson finally spoke up way back when and it changed the next game. They were called for it within the first few minutes and again not too much later in the game. Tmac was pretty peeved at the end of this one and finally spoke up. I hope he either pursues it behind closed doors, so to speak, or that was enough. At least for next game for Christs sake.

Led Zappa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 01:35 AM
KzooShark

Back from Detroit.

Fans need to bring it Thursday, because Detroit's just did.

KzooShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 02:20 AM
Lockout Season

Just got home from work and missed all the failure, so **** this **** ****** ******* ******* @$#@$@ something something.

7150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 02:50 AM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

I have come here 2 support you guys with witty remarks.

For example this one.

Did you know that waffles originated in ancient China?

Now while this might not be extremely witty yet, But if you think about it, After a few moments *did you think about it yet??*

It actually was extremely witty, And quite insightful.

Now beats the red wings, so everybody in this forum can enjoy ancient Chinese waffles.

Lucbourdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 02:53 AM
KpopandHockey
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
I have come here 2 support you guys with witty remarks.

For example this one.

Did you know that waffles originated in ancient China?

Now while this might not be extremely witty yet, But if you think about it, After a few moments *did you think about it yet??*

It actually was extremely witty, And quite insightful.

Now beats the red wings, so everybody in this forum can enjoy ancient Chinese waffles.
Did you know the art of cooking Tempora was a byproduct of Portuguese missionaries who traveled to Japan?

Old
05-11-2011, 02:56 AM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

Quote:
Originally Posted by KpopandHockey View Post
Did you know the art of cooking Tempora was a byproduct of Portuguese missionaries who traveled to Japan?
Yes, Yes I did

Lucbourdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 03:03 AM
ilikebigjoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBSauce View Post
http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/...aining-content

Logan Couture had a quote along those lines, love that kid.
murray too -

"We put up an embarrassing effort. It's nothing to do with Xs and Os. It's about whatever it takes to get yourself ready," Sharks defenseman Douglas Murray said. "This was unacceptable, but we have to move away from it. We've got an important game Thursday."