HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

im done with this team if we lose in 7

Old
05-11-2011, 01:12 AM
BCShark

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
Yeah but where is everyone else? You can get rid of the perceived cancer but unless someone is actually there with heart, it doesn't make a difference. Nobody on the team has shown any heart when the adversity hit. Not Thornton. Not Boyle. Not Clowe. Not Marleau. Not anyone. You can't blame that on any one person.

If you want to go that route of getting rid of the heartless players, you get rid of all of them that are guilty of it. Right now, there are precious few that are giving full effort but none of them are showing the heart and resiliency. At least Couture has shown some accountability.
we need someone that can but the puck in the net, like it or not patty is our best goal scorer. we have crappy shooters on this team and no one talks about it it drives me nuts. shooting it wide, into blocks and logos happens all too often. we have absolutley no threat shot from the blueline and we lack finish from our forwards. once again scoring dries up in an important game

BCShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 01:39 AM
Arkansas Shark
Rebuild lol

This situation is obviously tough to be in for Shark fans. Not just the events that played out this year, but in 10', 09', 08', 07' etc etc.

Now that said, I for one will never, repeat, never turn my back on the franchise. I mean for goodness sake my dad has brainwashed me since I was a little squirt. The Sharks game was always on, and we would watch religiously together. He basically told me "All I ask is you like the Giants, 49ers, and Sharks. If not, you're not living in my house." lol

Also another fun fact, the date 10-4-91, the date the Sharks played their first ever game is my birthday. Yes this is for true and therefore I'm just stuck for eternity.

The Sharks are my life. I plan my day around the Sharks. I'm a complete addict. My parents and friends know it. My room is completely covered with everything Sharks from flags, bobble heads, jerseys, pennants, pictures, you name it.

I mean if I would even contemplate switching teams, who would I root for? The Ducks, heck no. The Kings, meh. Canucks, nope.

If the Sharks lose game 7 Thursday, it will take at least a week for me to get over it and move on.

Arkansas Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 02:03 AM
DuckEatinShark
GET ALL THE PPs!!!!

I've been a Warriors fan since Chris Webber got drafted and never once cheered for the Lakers. I'm used to continual disappointment. And I will never stop watching the Sharks.

But Thursday is the biggest game of the franchise. If we lose, we would never shed the 'choker' label. 10-20 years down the road Wings fans as well as fans from other fanbases will always point to this series and laugh. You remember Vancouver a few weeks ago? It'll be 100 times worse.

And most of that blame will go to our face of the franchise, Patty Marleau.

Marleau needs to wake up. NOW. He is the difference in this series. Niemi has been great this series, better than Howard. Those two goals tonight no goaltender would've gotten. Our defense is our weak link but they've played as expected so far. Our forwards, for the most part, have neutralized their forwards.

The only difference is Marleau. He's doing his best Nick Backstrom imitation. He's getting paid $7 mil to score and help lead this team, not play as if there's another game tomorrow. I, personally, have no problems with what Roenick said. I want Marleau to succeed as much as the next guy, but he needs to play at a level that forces his critics to shut up. And he needs to do it, Thursday.

DuckEatinShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 02:03 AM
Thepainter

The worst part about losing on Thursday is the people on these boards... so many dumb trolls and people whose team is out but would love to make fun of us.

Thepainter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 02:12 AM
yada
move 2 dallas 4 work

Send a message via Yahoo to yada
The only legit reason to quit cheering for your team is a **** owner running your franchise into the ground. All other reasons equal being ***** made tricks. If you sharks fans want to feel sorry loook at the flyers, they have been considered a top cup contender for the last 15 years and they have no cup including losing in the finals in a sweep and losing in 6 games. Who cares if they made the finals or list in the first round each and erry year because ultimatly unless you won the cup you ain't won ****.

yada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 02:15 AM
colonel_korn
Luuuuuuuuuu....lay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepainter View Post
The worst part about losing on Thursday is the people on these boards... so many dumb trolls and people whose team is out but would love to make fun of us.
Well, I'll be pulling for you guys on Thursday. Having personally experienced that sick feeling in the pit of my stomach only a couple weeks ago, I don't wish it on any fanbase. You guys deserve better. Best of luck and fingers crossed for an all West Coast conference final!

colonel_korn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 02:16 AM
gonegonegone*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
Yeah but where is everyone else? You can get rid of the perceived cancer but unless someone is actually there with heart, it doesn't make a difference. Nobody on the team has shown any heart when the adversity hit. Not Thornton. Not Boyle. Not Clowe. Not Marleau. Not anyone. You can't blame that on any one person.

If you want to go that route of getting rid of the heartless players, you get rid of all of them that are guilty of it. Right now, there are precious few that are giving full effort but none of them are showing the heart and resiliency. At least Couture has shown some accountability.
The rest of those guys have stepped up at times, and JT has been great these playoffs. I don't demand or expect a ppg average but I do expect hard play and high effort during the playoffs. Everyone on this team has been at least trying, except marleau, who despite being one of the best 2 way talents in the game, has looked pathetic and lost, tries his best to float and coast and get away with it.

gonegonegone* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 02:28 AM
KpopandHockey
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by endy View Post
The rest of those guys have stepped up at times, and JT has been great these playoffs. I don't demand or expect a ppg average but I do expect hard play and high effort during the playoffs. Everyone on this team has been at least trying, except marleau, who despite being one of the best 2 way talents in the game, has looked pathetic and lost, tries his best to float and coast and get away with it.
They haven't been bad but the Sharks haven't had anyone in this series like Kesler in the Nashville series. A guy who when he was on the ice made a great play happen. That's our major problem, we can't say "Whenever X is on the ice something is bound to happen."

KpopandHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 02:29 AM
Minicoop831

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel_korn View Post
Well, I'll be pulling for you guys on Thursday. Having personally experienced that sick feeling in the pit of my stomach only a couple weeks ago, I don't wish it on any fanbase. You guys deserve better. Best of luck and fingers crossed for an all West Coast conference final!
I'm not sure man the sick feeling has been here for many years ya the part when your throat swells up, which probably leads to why we are one the most bipolar fan bases around once things start to go bad we know what to expect, we seem to never be able to catch a break o well I guess it's part of life

Thanks for your kind comments though

Minicoop831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 02:33 AM
StreetSharks
#19 Joe Trollton

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel_korn View Post
Thank you kind sir.

Canucks fans are much nicer than I thought, then again these boards are notorious for bad mouthing certain fanbases.

StreetSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 02:50 AM
MadmanSJ
Know Your Onion!

I remember saying a few years ago that I would love to have a guy like Ryan Kesler on the team due to his tenacious forechecking and overall relentlessness. This was before he picked up his scoring touch. He has been a beast.

Go USA.

MadmanSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 02:51 AM
MadmanSJ
Know Your Onion!

Torrey Mitchell, find your hands!

Old
05-11-2011, 02:52 AM
Graveland
HONE YOUR CRAFT

Could never abandon this team, I'm mad as **** as well but I'd rather focus my irrational anger at the Red wings.

Graveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 03:01 AM
bigwillie

Send a message via AIM to bigwillie

bigwillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 03:05 AM
KzooShark

I put up with an 11 win season once.

This sucks hardcore, but it could always be worse.

KzooShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 03:12 AM
Phil Connors*

It's just a game.

If your life is so invested into something you can't control, maybe you shouldn't be a fan. That would be unhealthy and only cause more harm than pleasure. Granted I've been lucky enough to see my team win a cup, missing the playoffs the past 3 seasons has only made me understand more than ever that in the end... It's just a game.

(I still think you guys will win the series)

Phil Connors* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 03:14 AM
MadmanSJ
Know Your Onion!

Re: Posting rampage, continued

BCShark. I am done with your avatar. It scares me.

Old
05-11-2011, 03:14 AM
Janney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepainter View Post
Nope....The worst part will be some "Shark fans" starting up threads about how they're disowning the team.

Janney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 03:25 AM
bigwillie

Send a message via AIM to bigwillie
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaallMunson18 View Post
It's just a game.

If your life is so invested into something you can't control, maybe you shouldn't be a fan. That would be unhealthy and only cause more harm than pleasure. Granted I've been lucky enough to see my team win a cup, missing the playoffs the past 3 seasons has only made me understand more than ever that in the end... It's just a game.

(I still think you guys will win the series)
Honestly, this post should be mandatory reading for every person on these boards. A lot of people get way too high or way too low based on something that has zero impact on their everyday lives.

bigwillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 03:33 AM
joe2cheech

i have not been a fan for as long as many of you. Think I became a fan when I was 10...and I am 21 now. I love the team too much to ever give up on them for any reason...yea it deff hurts when you see all the comments all over the place "same old sharks...." etc etc etc....

so yea...I will never be "done" with this team, having said that I will be devastated if we lose on Thursday.

joe2cheech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 03:44 AM
KpopandHockey
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe2cheech View Post
i have not been a fan for as long as many of you. Think I became a fan when I was 10...and I am 21 now. I love the team too much to ever give up on them for any reason...yea it deff hurts when you see all the comments all over the place "same old sharks...." etc etc etc....

so yea...I will never be "done" with this team, having said that I will be devastated if we lose on Thursday.
I share the same feeling as you. Not been a fan nearly as long as some (def not a fan just because of reg season success though), man I'd be sad if they do lose this game. Tbh I would have been satisfied if they won 3 games in the WCF this year. Would be further than they'd ever been and I could feel somewhat proud at progress... But this just seems like regression.

KpopandHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 03:50 AM
Evo

Came to offer my thoughts from personal experience:

We had this same exact thread on the Canucks board in round 1 after game 6. People who had been die hards for 30-40 years even were at their breaking point. Now? People are talking about Kesler's heroics and no one's talking about how we almost lost.
So I urge Sharks fans to stay positive and think about how sweet it'll be to get back to the WCF instead of dreading how much it'll suck to lose. All you need to do is win 1 damn game and you've got as good a shot as any of the 4 teams remaining to win it all.

Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 03:52 AM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

If the sharks lose I wont have sex for a year

Okay I meant 6 months

Actually 3 months

okay, 1 month.....

Call me <3

Lucbourdon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 03:53 AM
spacewolf11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman Mallard View Post
I love hockey and the Sharks too much to ever actually quit on them.

I like to think I flirt with the idea, but I'd never actually give up on them. I just take the punches to the gut every spring and magically get happy around late summer thinking that this could be the year they finally change.

Basically I'm an idiot.
Same here. I believe the technical term is battered spouse syndrome.

spacewolf11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 03:55 AM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

You know what, I was going to write out a long message about how wrong the "I quit" people were regarding fandom, but screw that.

all I will say is that I can't be the only one who sees the hypocrisy in railing against the team for quitting or giving up when things look down or not caring while simultaneously talking about how you're going to quit or give up on them or no longer care.

If you're going to quit, just quit and be done with it. Save us the moping about how this is somehow all an affront to you that's enough to make you stop watching or caring. Because contrary to what you're saying, you're not really a fan if your allegiance is to the wins column or the # of trophies on the mantle.

Otherwise, as Drew would say, suck it up princess.

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."
'14-15 Sharks CI Tracker: 32 GP, 12-15-5 (home-away-Nat'l/In-Region)
Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
The Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote