HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

im done with this team if we lose in 7

Old
05-11-2011, 03:56 AM
KpopandHockey
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
You know... If the Sharks lose I don't think I can join the anti-canucks bandwagon. Their fans have been supportive in our time of need...

I guess it really is a few sour apples in their fan base that caused all the troll threads.

KpopandHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 03:59 AM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KpopandHockey View Post
You know... If the Sharks lose I don't think I can join the anti-canucks bandwagon. Their fans have been supportive in our time of need...

I guess it really is a few sour apples in their fan base that caused all the troll threads.
Dude you have no idea how much it sucks when a few bad canucks fans ruin a fanbase in the playoffs.

If you check our forum, a huge majority of people are cheering for the sharks in game 7.

I can't speak for everybody, but i love the sharks fanbase, you guys are awesome for a long time, and if we do face each other in the next round, Hopefully the hate will only last a series, because then one of us "chokers" how people like to label us, will drop that label and all is well.

Last edited by Lucbourdon: 05-11-2011 at 06:03 AM.
Lucbourdon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 04:19 AM
yada
move 2 dallas 4 work

Send a message via Yahoo to yada
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post

Otherwise, as Drew would say, suck it up princess.
I think this sums things up nicely.

Too anybody that thinks times are tough look at the red sox white sox or cubs. These teams had much longer droughts between winning championships then the sharks wait. Hell the cubs haven't even won and are nearing 100 hundred years without a championship yet these teams still kept a fanbase.

yada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 04:25 AM
Derick*

Send a message via MSN to Derick*
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
You know what, I was going to write out a long message about how wrong the "I quit" people were regarding fandom, but screw that.

all I will say is that I can't be the only one who sees the hypocrisy in railing against the team for quitting or giving up when things look down or not caring while simultaneously talking about how you're going to quit or give up on them or no longer care.

If you're going to quit, just quit and be done with it. Save us the moping about how this is somehow all an affront to you that's enough to make you stop watching or caring. Because contrary to what you're saying, you're not really a fan if your allegiance is to the wins column or the # of trophies on the mantle.

Otherwise, as Drew would say, suck it up princess.
I strongly agree.

And no, you aren't the only one who see it: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p...6#post32940476

Derick* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 04:27 AM
RwwW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
Dude you have no idea how much is sucks when a few bad canucks fans ruin a fanbase in the playoffs.

If you check our forum, a huge majority of people are cheering for the sharks in game 7.

I can't speak for everybody, but i love the sharks fanbase, you guys are awesome for a long time, and if we do face each other in the next round, Hopefully the hate will only last a series, because then one of us "chokers" how people like to label us, will drop that label and all is well.

As an avs fan, im not exactly fond of the canucks...but if (god forbid) the sharks lose, i am for the canucks against the red wings.

RwwW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 04:28 AM
KpopandHockey
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cognition View Post
I strongly agree.

And no, you aren't the only one who see it: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p...6#post32940476
How was the game? I mean aside from the Sharks losing.

KpopandHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 04:43 AM
Pirate Deadpool
I hate Minnesota!

I really hope you guys win game 7. I thought the sharks had this game in the bag despite being outshot. I just thought niemi was going to stand on his head for all 60 minutes, but that was clearly asking too much from him. The sharks defense really needs to step up and limit shots and create offensive opportunities for the wingers. I'm really pulling for jumbo joe to be the hero in game 7.

Pirate Deadpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 04:56 AM
Derick*

Send a message via MSN to Derick*
Quote:
Originally Posted by KpopandHockey View Post
How was the game? I mean aside from the Sharks losing.
It was awesome. I love hockey no matter what teams are playing and I love sports rivalries/drama so I really appreciated the spectacle even though it was the other team's arena and the other team won.

The game was close, so it was still exciting, and I didn't know during it the Sharks would lose, so that didn't ruin it (a Red Wings blowout might have). My seats were good, in the corner of the section where the Sharks shoot twice and pretty close (but not so close I couldn't see the other end properly.)

I was wearing my Thornton jersey and was harassed all night but that was just part of the fun.

The Joe gets so ****ing loud, and when they scored those two goals the place exploded. Way louder than the ACC gets, though being a Toronto resident I've never been to a playoff game before.

There were so many little things that contributed to the atmosphere. Before the game they had a montage of playoff moments from the last 20 years, good and bad. They had a montage of inspirational speeches from famous movies during one commerical in the third period, in the theme of coming back from 0 - 3 of course. They did the singing thing where they take a few usual songs (Sweet Caroline, Don't Stop Believing, Rock and Roll All Night) and turn it down at the parts the fans are supossed to sing instead. I've wanted to see that in real life since I saw it on TV in Game 5 of the 2009 finals.

When Couture scored I stood up and waved at all the people behind me and taunted them, so I had a lot of people come down to visit me and taunt me for each of Detroit's goals and when the game ended

Someone told me about all the cups Detroit has won and how San Jose has none, and I told them the Sharks will have one more than Detroit this year. Hope I'm right.

Derick* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 05:52 AM
DutchSharksfan11

16 years now as a fan and yes ive been mad esp now! but i whas a fan when they did not make the play offs and even if they lose im with them next year but im done with some players and some things need to change, im not getting up at 4 in the morning to see these type of games...

DutchSharksfan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 06:00 AM
DutchSharksfan11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
Dude you have no idea how much is sucks when a few bad canucks fans ruin a fanbase in the playoffs.

i realy dislike the canucks but i do cheer for them if they play against the hawks or red wings...
its not hate but their are always teams you like/dislike for me the team to win it all besides the sharks are the penguins for me....

DutchSharksfan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 06:02 AM
Wilch
Unregistered User

I remember when Chicago forced game 7, quite a few fairweather Canucks fans decided to jump right off the bandwagon.

Of course, they came back when we won in OT.

Have faith in your team, they didn't go up 3-0 for no reason.

Wilch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 06:31 AM
Rasta

Sharks will win Game 7. But just to humor you, they should get someone who can lead by example that's proven it in the post season before. And no, that doesn't mean Nic Wallin

Rasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 06:37 AM
YogiCanucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJL182 View Post
You never stop being a fan. It'll be all the sweeter when we finally win the Cup after going through all the tough times.
This... You guys win ONE game Thursday and non of this years "choking" matters. In fact, you win ONE game (even if it's off a give away in OT *cough* Burrows) everyone will forget games 4,5 and 6. People will start talking about how this is the team that ALMOST choked but turned the whole ship around.

YogiCanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 07:52 AM
Bougieman

As a Canucks fan I can understand better than most (all?) other teams fans what you guys are going through right now. This is tough. This is testing your mettle as a fan.

These are the dark days, but you guys, like Canucks fans, have had a bunch of them. Why quit now? This might well be the last few feet of the dark depressing "Choke" tunnel before San Jose emerges. Think of how dumb you'll feel if you give up on this team if they lose this next game, and then next year they go on to throw that "choker" label off for once and all with a stanley cup win.

Bougieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 07:52 AM
Kierkan
Something Witty

Copycats

Kierkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 08:17 AM
Savynquick*

Bruins fan here...

I'll tell you how this will go for you guys if you lose game 7.

1) Hfboards and Detroit fans in general will troll you really hard for several weeks
2) Next year any time you make any reference to a choke of any kind, people will remind you of yours

Then a bit of time will pass, and that will decrease a little

3) You'll make the playoffs again, and life will go on. But during the playoffs the announcers will constantly remind you of the choke via clips and such.

It's annoying for probably 2 years I'd guess. If you eliminate the Wings next year, it could speed that up.

The first 2 months after really suck though. That was hellish.

Savynquick* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 08:54 AM
Artful_Dodger*

Sucks for anyone who has invested significant amounts of money in this team for jerseys, tickets, etc..

Artful_Dodger* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 08:55 AM
Beltes

I feel for my fellow sharks fan from all over Europe. Watching all the games during the night, try seeing a loss at 6 in the morning when u haven't slept, it's hard. If we lose game 7, all our nights of almost no sleep will have been wasted.

Beltes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 09:02 AM
SJSharkzie

You can give up on the Sharks if you want to... but I never will. I know they are going to bring their game on Thursday, should be a great hockey game to watch.

SJSharkzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 09:09 AM
AnthonyDugas6

Send a message via Skype™ to AnthonyDugas6
Hey guys, Bruins fan here. Last year when we were up 3-0 on Philly and came back in that historic comeback it was dreadful but to "Stop watching hockey" is NOT a true fan. I am a fan of the Sharks in a way and hate to see some fans act like that. It's a game and teams have breakdowns in there years. Remember, You haven't lost and I have a feeling when San Jose rocks Thursday night, you guys will take it to the next round...How about this for a headline.

Boston Bruins vs San Jose Sharks - Joe's Revenge!

AnthonyDugas6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 09:31 AM
Artful_Dodger*

This thread is awful BTW.

Artful_Dodger* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 09:35 AM
The Shovel Penguin
)))))))))))))))

Don't give up on your team. I remember when your franchise was just born, even though you haven't won yet doesn't mean you never will. Took about 25 years and a lot of awful teams for the Pens to win their first cup.

That much longer of a wait for your team's success just makes it all the more sweeter when it comes. (Being a native of the Seattle area rooting for the likes of the Mariners and the Seahawks, I'll be in for some major sweetness someday....)

Really praying/hoping/wishing/etc. for your Sharks to pull through. Good luck!

The Shovel Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 09:35 AM
NewtJorden
SharksPackersAstros

Send a message via MSN to NewtJorden
I'm a Sharks fan since day 1 and i will always be loyal to them, even though its so depressing to see them fail every year in the playoff. It would be much more harder for me if they lose game 7 tomorrow since my father is a huge Red Wings fan. And he certainly will talk to me about that all summer if we lose

NewtJorden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 09:53 AM
Nighthock
**** the Kings...

Meh ... I'm used to it by now. I'll spend the summer pissed off but will be excited as Hell when the season starts again in October. So, whatever ... que sera, sera.

There's still one more game anyhow. Maybe we'll pull a Vancouver and win the 7th game.

Nighthock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 10:05 AM
Fistfullofbeer
HFBoards Sponsor

I am a Red Sox fan so was used to losing before 2004. So I am kind of used to the letdowns season after season.

Still going to root for the Sharks irrespective of what happens in Game 7. That being said, not sure if I will be watching the game come tomorrow. All of these games have been way too close for comfort.

I am less confident than yesterday morning about winning the series but still believe that we are going to. We hopefully have Clowe back and make the most of home ice.

GO SHARKS!

Fistfullofbeer is online now   Reply With Quote