HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Notices

What changes do you want to see IF we lose game 7

Old
05-11-2011, 01:03 AM
KpopandHockey
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Led Zappa View Post
If only everyone hadn't bet all there Vcash on this one game
Thanks for reminding me. Now not only did the sharks lose but I'm also one of the poorest members on Hfboards. Could things get any worse?

KpopandHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 01:06 AM
Lee Van Cleef*

vCash: 500
Fire Wilson and McLellan and the rest of the coaching staff (torture Yawney while you're at it), hire a coach that is good with youth and do a complete rebuild, Vaasa style.

Lee Van Cleef* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 09:05 AM
Naki

I want to see the league change to a best of 5 series (first to 3 wins!) and to 10 minute periods in the playoffs.

Naki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 09:44 AM
19sharks19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus View Post
Well of course not. DW will say "it was a close series where all 7 games could've gone either way", praise the teams effort, and then not a damn thing will change.

But the thread is about what we want to happen, not what we think will happen.
So true.

"if" we blow it and go down as one of those very few teams in the nhl's play-off history of shame, then I think D.W. has to finally make that ballsy move and get Marleau out (same old every year it has become very tiresome). Over here in T.O., they've been talking of the Preds in desperate need of offensive help this off season; Weber and Suter being their major trading pieces as they are having trouble signing Weber. Something to think about. At the same time, re-sign White to a decent contract, 1 to 1.5.

Hitchcock in for Todd. I like it. Others will differ of course. We need someone that can motivate these guys and actually push them much harder.

19sharks19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 10:48 AM
coladin

vCash: 1413
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFetus View Post
At least Heatley is putting his all out on the ice. You can't say the same thing about Marleau.
I rather have a player who is okay in the regular season but tries hard in the playoffs (Heatley) as opposed to a player who dominates the regular season but craps the bed in the playoffs (Marleau).

This team will dominate Game 7 though.
3 goals in 12 games? -2 last night? Since when is it "okay" to have a former 50 goal scorer whittle down to 26? Sure doesn't look like the Heatley that I watched in Ottawa.

He has more to give. A lot more. He is losing battles along the boards and a guy his size, whether physical or not, has to at least get control of the puck. I am not sure is he is hurt after the Kronwall hit but he has not stood out before or after the hit. I think he has kinda lost his mojo that he had in Ottawa. I think Spezz had more to do with his game than vice versa. Heatley is a shooter and when he winds up he typically misses...guy has to take alittle off the shot and hit the corners, I have seen him do it too many times.

Marleau is just sad to watch...the guy needs a shrink as he is filled with self-doubt. Sad because he doesn't beleive in himself at this stage in his career.

If the Sharks win tonight, Heatley must be a factor.

coladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 10:56 AM
D1az

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naki View Post
I want to see the league change to a best of 5 series (first to 3 wins!) and to 10 minute periods in the playoffs.
I lol'd

D1az is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 11:17 AM
gonegonegone*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned Kelly View Post
Fire Wilson and McLellan and the rest of the coaching staff (torture Yawney while you're at it), hire a coach that is good with youth and do a complete rebuild, Vaasa style.

stupid idea.

gonegonegone* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 11:25 AM
Naki

Realistically someone like Marleau would have to go.

Sharks had Ron Wilson and he got canned because the team failed in the playoffs.
Same stuff happens now with a different coach. So at this point you have to blame the core of the team.

Marleau has been with this team throughout the choking. I like Marleau and I feel like his is the face of the sharks but at this point he might be worth more to the team in a trade than on the roster.

John Madden said it best though "Winning is the best deodorant" and if the sharks move onto the Western Finals a lot of this talk will go away.

Naki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 01:02 PM
DarrylshutzSydor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned Kelly View Post
Agreed, This team has looked unprepared and inconsistent all season. It is clear that there is no forecheck and they just allowed Detroit to walk the puck out of their zone dump it into San Jose's and beat on our defense get turnovers and work the sharks in the offensive end. Forecheck PLEASE Mclellen, and the defensive coverage sucks, they allow detroit to walk into the zone and then cover the same guy allowing the wings to let their point man walk right in and pick apart Niemi? How many times did that happen yesterday? How many times until that is identified and corrected? Its been happening all series long! Rant Over!

DarrylshutzSydor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 08:09 PM
Fistfullofbeer
HFBoards Sponsor

Win or lose, we need more leadership in the locker room. And the personality to be able to tell the players to grow some b**s and show some heart.

I am not holding the refs and/or TMac responsible for the game 5 and 6 disasters. No matter what you do .. you cannot coach heart.

We need to show up tomorrow and play our hearts out. I hope Thornton can earn his C by motivating the team. Hopefully we can get the fans going to help us too.

Fistfullofbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 08:17 PM
Thepainter

The first thing I would do as DW is I would write a letter and publicly criticize the officiating in Game 4. Inexcusable to allow the stuff they did, which directly resulted in 2 goals (missed an offsides, didn't call 1 of 3 horrible penalties).

Next, dump Marleau or Heatley. One of them has to go. I'd resign White because he has been terrific. I'd keep the following: Pavelski, Couture, Thornton, Seto, Boyle, Vlasic, Murray, White, Niemi, Clowe, Mitchell, McGinn. The rest I could really care less about.

Thepainter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 09:33 PM
KpopandHockey
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepainter View Post
TI'd keep the following: Pavelski, Couture, Thornton, Seto, Boyle, Vlasic, Murray, White, Niemi, Clowe, Mitchell, McGinn. The rest I could really care less about.
Well..Wood??

Old
05-12-2011, 02:26 AM
StalockSuperfan

Demers?

StalockSuperfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2011, 02:57 AM
Kitten Mittons

Jamal Mayers???

Kitten Mittons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2011, 03:00 AM
StreetSharks
#19 Joe Trollton

vCash: 327
Bring Nolan back.

Owait, that wouldn't work anymore.

StreetSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2011, 11:01 AM
Matalvatz

This thread has bad mojo written all over it. Can we wait until game 7 is actually over before we start discussing?

Matalvatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2011, 01:05 PM
Robes of Teal
The Hertl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepainter View Post
The first thing I would do as DW is I would write a letter and publicly criticize the officiating in Game 4. Inexcusable to allow the stuff they did, which directly resulted in 2 goals (missed an offsides, didn't call 1 of 3 horrible penalties).

Next, dump Marleau or Heatley. One of them has to go. I'd resign White because he has been terrific. I'd keep the following: Pavelski, Couture, Thornton, Seto, Boyle, Vlasic, Murray, White, Niemi, Clowe, Mitchell, McGinn. The rest I could really care less about.

couldn't
damn that is a pet peeve of mine, think about the basic linguistics of the two.
That said it will be interesting to see the mass anarchy/depression/trade threads that will go down if it happens, but lets not pull that trigger yet, if they win they will have played the exact number of games(and imo the less physical series) as the Canucks,while both avoiding franchise catastrophe, it will be one hell of a series.

Robes of Teal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2011, 02:39 PM
NorCAHockeyFan

If the Sharks win the Stanley Cup, what changes do you want to see?

NorCAHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2011, 02:41 PM
Sharkie1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matalvatz View Post
This thread has bad mojo written all over it. Can we wait until game 7 is actually over before we start discussing?
i second this

Sharkie1290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2011, 02:47 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCAHockeyFan View Post
If the Sharks win the Stanley Cup, what changes do you want to see?
A new banner that isn't embarrassing?

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2011, 03:27 PM
Nine to Five
Now Eight to Four!

I honestly couldn't see any team taking on a player with a rep like Marleau or to a lesser extent Heatley at those salaries and years.
You'd have to be taking back a campbell or rolston.

Then again, a national hockey league general manager actually gave up assets for Gomez so anything's possible.

Nine to Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2011, 03:31 PM
KpopandHockey
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine to Five View Post
I honestly couldn't see any team taking on a player with a rep like Marleau or to a lesser extent Heatley at those salaries and years.
You'd have to be taking back a campbell or rolston.

Then again, a national hockey league general manager actually gave up assets for Gomez so anything's possible.
Plent of teams would take them on. Look how many teams would LOVE the opportunity to have a shot at choking in the playoffs year after year. Winning the cup isn't everything to some franchises, some just want to make money by getting into the playoffs.

Having a player like Marleau or Heatley in team's like Florida would boost merchandise sales and raise ticket sales (due to them maybe making the playoffs in the future).

Old
05-12-2011, 04:10 PM
krudmonk

Keep Wilson and McLellan.

krudmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2011, 06:01 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Canuck fan here in peace, just want to throw in my $0.02 on the situation here:

It seems to me that San Jose has had a hard time really doing serious damage in the playoffs under the same regime. I'm not too sure if you guys can really be all that successful in the post-season with guys like Thornton and Marleau (much like I'm not confident in us winning the Cup relying on the Sedins). Heatley too seems like he's on autopilot and had a pretty disappointing season by his standards.

I do like the young contingent you guys have with Clowe, Pavelski, Couture and Setoguchi, and if I were your GM I would look to add to that group. Look to move Thornton, Marleau and Heatley for younger, gritty, hungry forwards. The cap savings from moving those guys would be in excess of $20M IIRC, and you could really add to your depth. Bring in guys like Andrew Ladd, David Backes, David Booth, and Brandon Dubinsky if possible, and I think you'll be that much better off. Not sure if any of those guys are available, but just throwing out some names.

Anyways, good luck tonight!

05-12-2011, 11:31 PM
NorCAHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
A new banner that isn't embarrassing?
We are one step closer

NorCAHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote