HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

If the Sharks melt down in game 7...

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-11-2011, 06:34 AM
  #1
Monarchist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 872
vCash: 500
If the Sharks melt down in game 7...

...and blow up the team, who do we want to trade for?

Penner+ for Heatley?

Monarchist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 07:01 AM
  #2
damacles1156
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 13,411
vCash: 500
They are not going to trade one person to another team in the West.
Not even in the realm of possibility of the same Division. Also the people that would be let go are Yearly playoff failures. Why on earth would anyone in the Kings want them.

That would be beyond stupid by Doug Wilson to ship them out West and hurt SJ during the Reg season.

And really dumb by Dean Lombardi to acquire someone that is a no show playoff time.

damacles1156 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 10:00 AM
  #3
Sydor25
LA Kings
 
Sydor25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: North Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 21,849
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
The only players the Kings would want from SJ are the ones that are not going to be traded. Pavelski, Seto, Logan and Clowe are the ones I would target.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 10:12 AM
  #4
johnjm22
16,005
 
johnjm22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Barstow, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,568
vCash: 500
Dean does not like Heatley. He stated so publicly, and had no interest in him when the Senators were trying to trade him.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 10:27 AM
  #5
kingsholygrail
Career Worst Year
 
kingsholygrail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Derpifornia
Country: United States
Posts: 45,563
vCash: 500
I'd rather keep Penner.

kingsholygrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 10:29 AM
  #6
DIEHARD the King fan
Registered User
 
DIEHARD the King fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: blueline to slot
Country: United States
Posts: 6,244
vCash: 500
Heeeeeeeeeet - Leeeeeeee

[jingle keys]

Heeeeeeeeeet - Leeeeeeee

[jingle keys]

------------------------------------

DO NOT WANT

DIEHARD the King fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 10:31 AM
  #7
DIEHARD the King fan
Registered User
 
DIEHARD the King fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: blueline to slot
Country: United States
Posts: 6,244
vCash: 500
Now, in regard to the thread title:

If the Sharks melt down in game 7...

I'll giggle my a** off.

And avoid No'r Cal until the fallout disperses.

If I were their mayor, I'd put their entire bedroom community on suicide watch

P.S. Oh I'd love to be a fly on the wall at the Britannia Arms after that game.
They'll be no shortage of tears there


Last edited by DIEHARD the King fan: 05-11-2011 at 11:18 AM.
DIEHARD the King fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 10:42 AM
  #8
Omni Owl
Registered User
 
Omni Owl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,296
vCash: 500
Marleau would probably be available.

Omni Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 11:04 AM
  #9
etherialone
dialed in your mom
 
etherialone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Ether
Country: United Nations
Posts: 12,990
vCash: 500
If the Sharks continue to melt down and lose game 7 then I will continue to be stunned that they managed to last so long.

I honestly believe our losing to the Sharks was only due to our own inabilities and not because of anything that they did.

Without Kopitar I still believe that we were a coach away from facing these Wings ourselves.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 11:11 AM
  #10
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room
 
KINGS17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 16,007
vCash: 500
Just in case anyone is wondering...

Thornton - NTC
Heatley - NMC
Marleau - NMC
Boyle - NTC through June 2012

Limited market = limited return for the Sharks if they decide to move any of these guys

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 11:15 AM
  #11
etherialone
dialed in your mom
 
etherialone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Ether
Country: United Nations
Posts: 12,990
vCash: 500
Which also equals "hope you like your team Sharkies cause what you see is what you get".

I think that NMC/NTC's are so scary. Sharped Steel Boomerangs.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 11:24 AM
  #12
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room
 
KINGS17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 16,007
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Which also equals "hope you like your team Sharkies cause what you see is what you get".

I think that NMC/NTC's are so scary. Sharped Steel Boomerangs.
Yep. If they really want to move Marleau, I could see Dean taking Wilson's phone call. I doubt Marleau wants to leave the west coast.

The question would be is Marleau at age 31 and a cap hit of $6.9M for three more seasons a good idea for the Kings? I'm not so sure. Talent wise I think he would be a decent fit, but at those prices I would rather take a swing at Brad Richards. Richards may want to head back east though and play closer to PEI from what I am hearing.

TG - You have any insight on where Richards may land? You may be right though TG, the Sharks may be stuck with what they have. I doubt there are any takers for Heatley and his $7.5M cap hit for 3 more seasons right now.

What San Jose has done with their salary structure is not the way to win a Stanley Cup, IMO.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 11:29 AM
  #13
DIEHARD the King fan
Registered User
 
DIEHARD the King fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: blueline to slot
Country: United States
Posts: 6,244
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Just in case anyone is wondering...

Thornton - NTC
Heatley - NMC
Marleau - NMC
Boyle - NTC through June 2012


Limited market = limited return for the Sharks if they decide to move any of these guys
Thats a lot of cooking show hosts on one single hockey team.

JR may have picked the wrong term (gutless) but Patrice Marlene has been more of a wallflower than I can ever remember.

Lots of tickets on Stub hub for this one.

Anyone up for this:

Roundtrip airfare - from LAX to SJC: $350.00
Ticket to game 7 Detroit vs San Jose: $180.00
Hotel after drinking myself ****faced: $100.00
Alcohol/grub@the Guppies Gymnasium: $75.00

Seeing an entire Fanbase meltdown
and taunting the bartender at the
Britannia Arms (owned by Owen Nolan): PRICELESS

DIEHARD the King fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 11:34 AM
  #14
etherialone
dialed in your mom
 
etherialone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Ether
Country: United Nations
Posts: 12,990
vCash: 500
Completely agree.

I do have a little insight as to where Richards might end up. His agent has a few different times eluded to BR ending up remaining in Dallas. From what I hear the Rangers have two players at the top of their offseason wish list and one of them is BR (the other is a huge offer for Malkin but I don't see the Pens going for it).

Where we stand on getting BR I know that we will not offer more than 5 years and I agree with this line of thinking but I can't see us landing him as a result.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 11:35 AM
  #15
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room
 
KINGS17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 16,007
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEHARD the King fan View Post
Thats a lot of cooking show hosts on one single hockey team.

JR may have picked the wrong term (gutless) but Patrice Marlene has been more of a wallflower than I can ever remember.

Lots of tickets on Stub hub for this one.

Anyone up for this:

Roundtrip airfare - from LAX to SJC: $350.00
Ticket to game 7 Detroit vs San Jose: $180.00
Hotel after drinking myself ****faced: $100.00
Alcohol/grub@the Guppies Gymnasium: $75.00

Seeing an entire Fanbase meltdown
and taunting the bartender at the
Britannia Arms (owned by Owen Nolan): PRICELESS
Marc, if I didn't have so much work on my plate with deadlines right now, I would take you up on that offer. Hope you go so you can let us know what it was like. The psyche of an entire fan base may come unhinged in game 7.

One thing for sure I think will happen. Detroit isn't going away. San Jose will have to win the game. If they think Datsyuk has taken it to another level in these last three games, just wait until game 7.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 11:36 AM
  #16
DIEHARD the King fan
Registered User
 
DIEHARD the King fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: blueline to slot
Country: United States
Posts: 6,244
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Yep. If they really want to move Marleau, I could see Dean taking Wilson's phone call. I doubt Marleau wants to leave the west coast.

The question would be is Marleau at age 31 and a cap hit of $6.9M for three more seasons a good idea for the Kings? I'm not so sure. Talent wise I think he would be a decent fit, but at those prices I would rather take a swing at Brad Richards. Richards may want to head back east though and play closer to PEI from what I am hearing.

TG - You have any insight on where Richards may land? You may be right though TG, the Sharks may be stuck with what they have. I doubt there are any takers for Heatley and his $7.5M cap hit for 3 more seasons right now.

What San Jose has done with their salary structure is not the way to win a Stanley Cup, IMO.
His skill set is fine, but we dont need to pay that much to a guy who stars as Caspar in the playoffs and at crunch time. He's soft. (always has been always will be) If JR had made those comments about me nationwide, I'd have gone and taken every ounce of aggression and effort out on the oppsotion. but for one rush to the net, he was a wallflower last night.

If there is anything our team doesnt need is soft, skilled, non-clutch time player.
Didn't we just acquire one of those. (sorry DP, it was too easy)

DIEHARD the King fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 11:38 AM
  #17
etherialone
dialed in your mom
 
etherialone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Ether
Country: United Nations
Posts: 12,990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEHARD the King fan View Post
Thats a lot of cooking show hosts on one single hockey team.

JR may have picked the wrong term (gutless) but Patrice Marlene has been more of a wallflower than I can ever remember.

Lots of tickets on Stub hub for this one.

Anyone up for this:

Roundtrip airfare - from LAX to SJC: $350.00
Ticket to game 7 Detroit vs San Jose: $180.00
Hotel after drinking myself ****faced: $100.00
Alcohol/grub@the Guppies Gymnasium: $75.00

Seeing an entire Fanbase meltdown
and taunting the bartender at the
Britannia Arms (owned by Owen Nolan): PRICELESS

I may not be able to be there with you in person but in spirit? HEYALL YEAYAS!!!

OMG you just HAVE to go and give us as many updates to the festivities as possible. That would be one of my favorite evening of hockey possibly ever (excluding ones that I have played in).

How great will that night be.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 11:39 AM
  #18
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room
 
KINGS17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 16,007
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Completely agree.

I do have a little insight as to where Richards might end up. His agent has a few different times eluded to BR ending up remaining in Dallas. From what I hear the Rangers have two players at the top of their offseason wish list and one of them is BR (the other is a huge offer for Malkin but I don't see the Pens going for it).

Where we stand on getting BR I know that we will not offer more than 5 years and I agree with this line of thinking but I can't see us landing him as a result.
I could see him staying in Dallas if it were not for the ownership situation. If that doesn't get resolved PDQ, I don't see how they can sign him.

I could see Dean offering up 5 "real years" with like 3 "fake years" tacked on to lessen the cap hit, but that's really the only way I could see it working. Of course Richards would want the dreaded NMC, which is always problematic.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 11:46 AM
  #19
DIEHARD the King fan
Registered User
 
DIEHARD the King fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: blueline to slot
Country: United States
Posts: 6,244
vCash: 500
I'm strongly considering it. A few of the Michigan boys I play hockey with are seeing if they can put it together. (not exactly a cheap night for most, including myself)

But, OH MAN, could that arena go from LOUD to MORGUE LIKE if the Wings score first.

[Remember what Staples sounded like at the end of the second period right after Anze's ankle fracture. (a pin falling would have made more noise) that was painful to endure.]

This time it could be fun!

DIEHARD the King fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 11:48 AM
  #20
DIEHARD the King fan
Registered User
 
DIEHARD the King fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: blueline to slot
Country: United States
Posts: 6,244
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
I could see him staying in Dallas if it were not for the ownership situation. If that doesn't get resolved PDQ, I don't see how they can sign him.

I could see Dean offering up 5 "real years" with like 3 "fake years" tacked on to lessen the cap hit, but that's really the only way I could see it working. Of course Richards would want the dreaded NMC, which is always problematic.
Deano, Git 'er done!

DIEHARD the King fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 11:52 AM
  #21
etherialone
dialed in your mom
 
etherialone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Ether
Country: United Nations
Posts: 12,990
vCash: 500
Put a Bad Religion cd in the microbus and drive up. I can tell you this, I am going to be glued to my television with the speakers up LOUD so that I can hear that moment when it falls apart. That quiet might be one of the funniest sounds that I have ever heard.

You are right though, that package seems reasonable but its allot of coin for one night. But when you consider what you might get to witness first hand? That truly is priceless.

In that one moment Shark fans will know for certain that not only is their season over but also that there is little chance if any at all that they will get a shot at the cup for a long long time as well.

Talk about the air getting sucked out of an arena, I bet that you could hear a pin drop all over SJ and probably all the way out to North Beach.

Hook or crook what game to see.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 11:59 AM
  #22
nki
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,278
vCash: 500
If Richards actually is open to signing with the Kings, then Deano simply has to match or outbid everyone else to get him here, I don't care how much money or years everyone else is offering, match it or outbid it.

nki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 12:04 PM
  #23
Buddy The Elf
Kings!
 
Buddy The Elf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Belmont Shore
Country: United States
Posts: 10,041
vCash: 500
Glad to see some of the warm feelings for the Sharks and their fans have faded. I'd love to see them meltdown.

Detroit is the class of the league. I know we all know the history of Zetterburg and Datsyuk and where they were picked in the draft but they had very productive rookie and sophomore seasons. They basically made the show and never looked back. It really is remarkable how Detroit is constantly restocking talent from within and supplanting it from outside when need be.

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 12:09 PM
  #24
Butch 19
King me
 
Butch 19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: L.A. suburb
Country: United States
Posts: 9,107
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post

One thing for sure I think will happen. Detroit isn't going away. San Jose will have to win the game. If they think Datsyuk has taken it to another level in these last three games, just wait until game 7.
I am torn on this game 7.

Detroit is my 2nd most hated team in the NHL, so I love seeing them lose. But if they lose, it means SJ advances... and that may suck even more.

I'll have to watch, and after the 1st goal is scored, determine if that's a good thing or a bad thing... then I'll know who to root for.

It is SOOooooo hard to even imagine rooting for Det, but I may just have to.

Butch 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 12:15 PM
  #25
johnjm22
16,005
 
johnjm22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Barstow, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,568
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEHARD the King fan View Post
His skill set is fine, but we dont need to pay that much to a guy who stars as Caspar in the playoffs and at crunch time. He's soft. (always has been always will be) If JR had made those comments about me nationwide, I'd have gone and taken every ounce of aggression and effort out on the oppsotion. but for one rush to the net, he was a wallflower last night.

If there is anything our team doesnt need is soft, skilled, non-clutch time player.
Didn't we just acquire one of those. (sorry DP, it was too easy)
If we're going to go after an aging, high priced winger, I'd rather it be Iginla. This is of course assuming the Flames collapse next year, which I think they will.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:15 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.