HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

A great man

Old
05-18-2011, 07:14 AM
macavoy

vCash: 243
A great man

I was feeling a little sentimental today so I decided to watch the Rocket Richard ovation. Actually it was because of the Patches interview that I watched it, I listened to Patches, which made me listen to Annakin Slayd, which when I heard Patrick talking about le bleu blanc et rouge, reminded me of the rocket.

So I watched the rocket ovation for old times sake and it amazed me what a great man Henri Richard is. How many people can live in the shadow like that and be so proud. They cut out to him a few times and he was so proud just to watch his brother get that standing ovation.

Meanwhile, he would be a god in any other city. Henri has had more success than any other player, he has 11 freakin cups, I don't care if there was only 6 teams then, who else has 11 Stanley Cups.

The guy should be a god but he's merely a shadow. But he's never complained, he's always stood by, he is the ultimate team player. Nobody has ever played more games wearing the CH than him.

I grew up a Patrick Roy fan but when I get my tatoo of the CH, I'm gettin #16 because its all about heart and nobody had more heart than the pocket.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 07:50 AM
Protest the Hero

vCash: 500
Yeah Henri doesn't get enough respect. My favourite accomplishment of all time in hockey are his 11 Stanley Cups.

It's the exact kind of career that kind of symbolizes what hockey is really all about in the end. He never won an individual trophy, but he won the important one 11 times and never made a big deal about it.

He was also born on February 29, which is awesome.

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 07:58 AM
White Spy
Spy vs Blades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less Habitats View Post
Yeah Henri doesn't get enough respect. My favourite accomplishment of all time in hockey are his 11 Stanley Cups.

It's the exact kind of career that kind of symbolizes what hockey is really all about in the end. He never won an individual trophy, but he won the important one 11 times and never made a big deal about it.

He was also born on February 29, which is awesome.
So he can still play!!
Edit: he's 18 years old (that's right, I had to do the math) lol

No, seriously though, I never knew that. Crazy!

Last edited by White Spy: 05-18-2011 at 08:09 AM.
White Spy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 08:06 AM
OpenIceHit

http://proicehockey.about.com/od/sta...ins-player.htm

He won them all in 18 seasons. Can you imagine being a Habs fan at that time. My boss who is older told me that sometimes people were saying at that time :"Bah, they're not so good, they almost didn't win it this year".

There's also two players with 10 cups, both habs, Beliveau and Cournoyer.

OpenIceHit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 08:08 AM
OpenIceHit

And what about Jacques Lemaire with 8 Stanley cups in ... only 11 years!!

OpenIceHit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 08:10 AM
neofury*

I mean really, sit back and just think about it hard for a sec. Henri has more Stanley Cup rings than fingers/thumbs.

That's very impressive even during the habs peek.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote