HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-2012 Season Ticket Info

Old
03-02-2011, 11:10 AM
indfin

vCash: 500

Anyone else get their renewal info in the mail today?

Much to my surprise, the prices for my tickets will be the same next year ($51/ticket for the "orange" sections). No idea what they are doing to face value, but considering how often those seats were empty this year (I had double-ticket bonus and the rest of my row - and large parts of my section - are empty more often than not) ... this seems strange. Especially since they are (apparently) offering seats directly above these (i.e. balcony behind the goal) for $22-$28/ticket on a season-ticket basis.

They added some perks (which have real value) from which everyone gets one and they are also giving some of the formerly "VIP" benefits to everyone based on how long you have had tickets. Doesn't mean anything to me, since I was getting all of them already, but a nice gesture for others.

They eliminated most of the "frozen-over" type prizes and only have 1-2 that anyone might want; to be fair, however, EVERYONE can now get a food/beverage credit (amount tied to the price of your seats ... but not the number of seats ... so whether you have 2 or 8 tickets in the same account, you get the same $$$ credit ... which is a little strange).

They also eliminated the "three free games" for STHs.

Only real complaint is that I expected the lower bowl prices to come down (especially based on what we heard about offers elsewhere in the building). Can't see staying down there for another year when I (literally) couldn't give away my extras for some games this year ... and the Devils offered them for a number of games at or below my season-ticket cost.

indfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 11:10 AM
indfin

Also - for current sth, you can also view the renewal package at newjerseydevils.com/renew

Old
03-02-2011, 11:20 AM
BenedictGomez
#FireDeboer

Quote:
As an added benefit we’re FREEZING TICKET PRICES for Season Ticket Holders who renew by April 1st!
Wait, what?

This would seem to suggest that some tickets will actually be RAISED next season?

Though this bit about "Playoff Tickets" is ummmm.....well... presumptuous.

Quote:
Renew by April 1st and there is no immediate charge for playoffs. Simply select “Cheer Now, Pay Later” on the enclosed renewal form and you get to defer playoff payment until mid-May, and pay only for games played. Those who do not renew by April 1st, but are interested in securing their seats for the playoffs, will have to pay in advance for all potential home games in the first two rounds of the playoffs, by March 18th.
EDIT: At first glance, I thought they did a great job with this, but now I'm seeing that they're still sticking with the extortion tactic of Pay 100% really early or you get no perks, which makes me continue to question the finances given the extreme emphasis placed on the front-loading of topline revenue.

Also, I'm guessing the prices arent out yet, as when I click on "Renew ST", I just get my normal 2010-11 ticketing display?

Last edited by BenedictGomez: 03-02-2011 at 11:39 AM.
BenedictGomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 11:23 AM
cj225
Work in Progress...

Send a message via AIM to cj225

http://devils.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=68119

And go!

cj225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 11:38 AM
cj225
Work in Progress...

We aren't sure what we're doing with our extra 2 seats for next season. If there is someone out there that's possibly looking to move into the cheaper corners, please PM me and we'll go from there.

*Edit - I have a taker.

Last edited by cj225: 03-02-2011 at 10:40 PM.
Old
03-02-2011, 11:38 AM
indfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
Wait, what?

This would seem to suggest that some tickets will actually be RAISED next season?
I think that's just to try to get the $$$ in as quickly as possible. Theoretically, at some point if they sold most of the building to STH they could raise the price. I think it's fair to say there is little danger of that

Spoke to my ticket rep ... my seats stay the same ... some of the seats closer to the ice (lime sections) are dropping down a bit (about 10%). She did acknowledge the $22 and $28 100 level tickets. While I do enjoy my lower bowl seats, I don't think I can justify paying more than double (although it would drop my food/beverage credit by $250 ) I am not prepared to potentially eat $200+ for any game that I can't sell ... and if they discount like they did this year, there will definitely be games where I can't sell.

If anyone is interested in splitting lower bowl season tickets, let me know. I could be convinced to stay if I reduce my exposure to unused tickets. You can piggyback on my 15+ years as a sth and share in some of the perks.

Old
03-02-2011, 11:39 AM
cj225
Work in Progress...

New thread yay!

Last edited by cj225: 03-02-2011 at 11:48 AM.
Old
03-02-2011, 11:45 AM
BenedictGomez
#FireDeboer

Quote:
Originally Posted by indfin View Post
I think that's just to try to get the $$$ in as quickly as possible.
Quite possibly, as is the perks deadline, as is the upgrade event etc.... Again, the laser-like focus makes me question the debt servicing.

Quote:
Spoke to my ticket rep ... my seats stay the same ... some of the seats closer to the ice (lime sections) are dropping down a bit (about 10%). She did acknowledge the $22 and $28 100 level tickets.
I cant imagine why anyone in the $51 wouldnt move to $22. Frankly, IMO, the 5th row balcony is a better seat than the 19th row of the lower bowl, AND you'd save a ton of $$$$.

Old
03-02-2011, 11:51 AM
Devils Dominion
Conte's Critic

At a quick glance, if you don't pay by April 1 you can lose your current seat location next season?

Devils Dominion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 11:54 AM
cj225
Work in Progress...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevsIn2010 View Post
At a quick glance, if you don't pay by April 1 you can lose your current seat location next season?
If you do a payment plan, you'll be fine.

Old
03-02-2011, 11:55 AM
Cowbell232

I like the idea of being able to finally do the skate with the Devils thing and some other reworkings.

I know a lot of people will complain, and deservedly so, but this is baby steps forward. I'm personally pretty happy with the direction this is all going.

Old
03-02-2011, 11:56 AM
OOOOIIIO
Binary

How much do season tickets generally cost? I am soon to graduate from college and New Jersey is one of the locations I am looking for work at and if I do end up moving out there I would be interested in picking tickets up.

OOOOIIIO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 11:57 AM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Parisalchuk View Post
How much do season tickets generally cost? I am soon to graduate from college and New Jersey is one of the locations I am looking for work at and if I do end up moving out there I would be interested in picking tickets up.

there are more plans than you can count. full season, weekend package, weekday package, create your own packages, etc.

its basically whatever you want.

Zajacs Bowl Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 11:57 AM
cj225
Work in Progress...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowbell232 View Post
I like the idea of being able to finally do the skate with the Devils thing and some other reworkings.

I know a lot of people will complain, and deservedly so, but this is baby steps forward. I'm personally pretty happy with the direction this is all going.
No way..not our fan base!

Old
03-02-2011, 11:58 AM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Anyone know of any media related jobs available in New Jersey? If anyone here has any hookups, I will move and become a STH. Then we shall laugh, and dance, and dance, and laugh. And above all else, win.

Jaysfanatic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 12:02 PM
Cowbell232

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic View Post
Anyone know of any media related jobs available in New Jersey? If anyone here has any hookups, I will move and become a STH. Then we shall laugh, and dance, and dance, and laugh. And above all else, win.
Why not apply for the Devils?

Cowbell232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 12:05 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

vCash: 214
I like the added merchandise and parking credits as well as the automatic food and beverage credit, now I can drive in gratis for a few of the weekend games instead of dealing with the hour delay in Newark for NJ Transit.

NJDevs26 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 12:07 PM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
AFAIK they're not hiring. I've been checking the NHL website. I asked Chere, he said his paper isn't hiring and doesn't know if the Devils are. I'd ask Gulitti, but he's a d-bag.

Jaysfanatic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 12:07 PM
cj225
Work in Progress...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
I like the added merchandise and parking credits as well as the automatic food and beverage credit, now I can drive in for a few of the weekend games instead of dealing with the hour delay in Newark for NJ Transit.
Yeah that's interesting...

You only get to pick one of those, not all of them.

Last edited by cj225: 03-02-2011 at 12:19 PM.
Old
03-02-2011, 12:08 PM
Satans Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevsIn2010 View Post
Yup, it says...

Any renewals received after the April 1st deadline will forfeit the renewal bonuses. Seats not renewed by the deadline will also be made available at the Devils Army Relocation and Upgrade Event in May (details below).

Satans Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 12:08 PM
BrodeurRULES
RIP Lokomotiv

Guess I am moving behind the net if they are going to be $22.

Well there goes having to have the name change on my account now.

BrodeurRULES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 12:10 PM
indfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
Quite possibly, as is the perks deadline, as is the upgrade event etc.... Again, the laser-like focus makes me question the debt servicing.

I cant imagine why anyone in the $51 wouldnt move to $22. Frankly, IMO, the 5th row balcony is a better seat than the 19th row of the lower bowl, AND you'd save a ton of $$$$.
I think it's $28 at the end where the Devils shoot twice and $22 at the other end. Regardless, if I can get something in rows 5-8 for $22/ticket, I am absolutely moving up and out.

Something else to watch for: All sth can choose the "Skate with the Team" event. In the past, this was limited to Club/suite holders and (former) "Gold Circle) sths. My guess is that this event will then be way too crowded, turning everyone off. To a lesser extent, this could happen with the bbq, team awards, etc.

Old
03-02-2011, 12:15 PM
Colin226
NJ Devils STH

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj225 View Post
If you do a payment plan, you'll be fine.
Not showing the ability to renew on my account yet.. Although I'm in the office now with the credit card.. Maybe I should go downstairs and talk to my rep lol

Colin226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
OOOOIIIO
Binary

Quote:
Do the Devils really need a Computer Engineer? Haha, I would love to work for them, I just don't think I would be of much use.

OOOOIIIO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BenedictGomez
#FireDeboer

Quote:
I think it's $28 at the end where the Devils shoot twice and $22 at the other end. Regardless, if I can get something in rows 5-8 for $22/ticket, I am absolutely moving up and out.
I can see the logic in charging a premium for the Devils attack twice side of the ice, but charging $28 puts them pretty close to the Center Ice 200 level seating ($30, well, last years price anyway, dunno what it's going to next year).