HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Radulov

Old
05-12-2011, 12:40 AM
I Will Son
An Army of One

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
We can do better than Radulov within the NHL.
no we cant

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2011, 03:38 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
We can do better than Radulov within the NHL.
Beggars can't be choosers.

Then again, I'm not begging. Radulov seems like the kind of guy that struggles with the structured hockey that we play in Nashville. If he's coachable now (which I somehow doubt), we could make it work; otherwise, just stick with what we have and let this one go.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2011, 06:28 AM
preds1

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by tserberis View Post

I would be happy to see him back, and who says that he does not have character you must not seen him play.
I suppose that was directed at me. Yes I've seen him play pretty much every one of his home games. I've also seen him walk out on his team and contract.

preds1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2011, 07:41 AM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
no we cant
That's an understatement. He has more talent than we'd be able to acquire, at a price we'd be able to afford, without having to give up our most prized assets in the process. Yeah, I'd say we'd struggle a tad to do better.

SmokeyClause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2011, 08:39 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

We need a sniper and someone who can make our powerplay effective. Radulov absolutely would solve both issues. He has the talent to score 30 goals annually in Nashville. His presence on the team would be gigantic. Lets not understate that.

Did he burn us in the past? Yes. He absolutely did. Did he leave on unpleasant terms? Without a doubt. Is the best offensive forward we ever drafted and would he be the best offensive talent on the roster? He certainly would.

With all that said, he is a risk. He is a risk because we know he has baggage. We know that he bailed on us in the past. We know that even though he plays the game ferociously each shift, he often would over-pursue on the forecheck and had some mental errors that Trotz gets really pissed about. However, he plays hard. He scores. He has performed well for us in the past. He was immature when he left, and he has a tool for an agent in Russia. I think bridges can be mended if he so chooses.....

I would love to have him back, but until I see him in Nashville, I will never buy it.

05-12-2011, 09:32 AM
JacklegJack

Ah, the annual off-season "Rads Might Be Coming Back" thread, right on time.

Bottom line: Yes, we'd love to have his offense back. Yes, he's still a worm of a guy. No, he probably won't be coming back just because some rumours started flying around for the third year in a row. Don't get your hopes up guys, until I see him play a game with the Preds I won't believe he's coming back. It's just a particularly exciting prospect now because the FA pool is ankle-deep and we probably won't be making any big strides in the offense department going into next season.

JacklegJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2011, 12:24 PM
steap

Send a message via ICQ to steap
http://www.khl.ru/documents/KHL_lega..._2010-2011.pdf

Quote:
Статья 30. Досрочное расторжение Стандартного Контракта Хоккеиста КХЛ
по инициативе Хоккеиста
1. При досрочном расторжении Контракта по инициативе Хоккеиста (по собственному
желанию) без уважительных причин Хоккеист обязан произвести в пользу Клуба,
с которым был расторгнут Контракт, денежную выплату в следующем порядке и
размерах:
а) если Хоккеист не достиг к моменту расторжения Контракта возраста 28 лет, он
выплачивает Клубу 2/3 от суммы заработной платы, невыплаченной за период,
оставшийся до истечения срока Контракт
So if he really wanted to play in NHL he need to pay to his current club about (2yrs * $3 or $4) millions. So it's about 6-8 millions. At least. But Salavat Yulaev could release him for free.

steap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2011, 01:37 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause View Post
That's an understatement. He has more talent than we'd be able to acquire, at a price we'd be able to afford, without having to give up our most prized assets in the process. Yeah, I'd say we'd struggle a tad to do better.
Not to mention on an ELC.

If he comes back, I would boo him until he scored his first goal, just to let him know I still have a grudge. but i would love him after that.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2011, 02:16 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

I wonder if the organization would be willing to front the cash for Radulov the jump his contract in Russia if he agreed to lower terms for a medium length contract

I also wonder if the tiny crowds and long road the KHL has to go before it's even close to being in the discussion with the NHL is weighing on Rads at all. I know Radulov has always liked being a star, but I wonder if he's wanting to be more than just the star in second-rate, start up league (no offense to KHL fans, but it just isn't ready to compete with the NHL yet. If Russia's economy keeps up with its fantastic growth and they run it the right way it'll be strong one day, though)

ThirdManIn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2011, 03:51 PM
markie8002000

http://nashvillecitypaper.com/conten...turn-predators

markie8002000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2011, 04:16 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
Beggars can't be choosers.

Then again, I'm not begging. Radulov seems like the kind of guy that struggles with the structured hockey that we play in Nashville.
He didn't seem to be too far off base with Trotz in his time here.

The thing is Radulov's offense ability exceeds any prospect we've had. The best defense is a good offense. He can get a way with a little more than than some of our other 'somewhat talented' prospects.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2011, 04:53 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Trotz called Radulov out all of the time during his time here. In his first full season (2007-2008) we had just gone through a fire sale, so we needed Radulov's talent on that top line. While he was here his skating was weak, he was a puck hog, and his defense was almost non-existent. Assuming he can be at least less of a liability in his own end and he has learned to be smarter with the puck then he'll be fine. Trouble is, he's been playing on a bigger ice surface so even if he's made strides in his game it's hard to tell how it would translate here. I guess if his defense has improve there then it would translate well here if he can keep up with the speed.

Old
05-12-2011, 05:42 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Trotz called Radulov out all of the time during his time here..
I'm not sure what you mean by "all the time." I remember him saying he needs to work on some other aspects of his game, but he was never scratched and was given a fair amount of opportunity in offensive situations.

Ovechkin didn't have a +45 because of his defense. Radulov is a level below Ovechkin (at the least), but he's several levels above anyone we currently have. Time spent in the offensive zone = no way for other team to score. In that regard, I would expect Radulov to be given more "freedom" than say Cal O'Reilly.

But still not holding my breath for him to come back.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2011, 05:50 PM
predfan24

I'll admit I have talked a bunch of crap about Rads since he left. I'll also be the first to admit I'd jump right back on the bandwagon if he came back.

I think Poile and Trotz wouldn't be to hard on Rads if he came back even if he didn't completely play "Predator" hockey. You have to let a guy like that do his thing. After the results of this season and seeing how this team is just a few offensive players away from top tier status in the league. I think Trotz and Poile could learn to bite their tongue.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2011, 05:51 PM
Talentless Practise*

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
I'll admit I have talked a bunch of crap about Rads since he left. I'll also be the first to admit I'd jump right back on the bandwagon if he came back.

I think Poile and Trotz wouldn't be to hard on Rads if he came back even if he didn't completely play "Predator" hockey. You have to let a guy like that do his thing. After the results of this season and seeing how this team is just a few offensive players away from top tier status in the league. I think Trotz and Poile could learn to bite their tongue.
I think they've learnt a lot the past two seasons. And this season they'll want to excel for sure. Having Radulov would surely help them as he's insanely slick with the puck. Dynamic shooter as well.

Talentless Practise* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2011, 07:07 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
I'm not sure what you mean by "all the time." :snip:
Just for clarification purposes, "all the time" is how often Radulov was mentioned, or sometimes directly called out, relative to how often others were. I think Trotz was just trying to wake him up by putting a little media pressure on him rather than benching him. Radulov was/is an ego guy. Maybe Trotz thought bruising his image a bit would be a better way of getting his attention instead of pissing him off by benching him. Who knows?

With that said, I wonder how vulnerable Radulov's lack of defense would make this team now that we have Weber, Suter, Blum, Klein, Rinne, Fisher, Legwand, Spaling

Old
05-12-2011, 07:35 PM
NPHC

@dchesnokov Dmitry Chesnokov
Quote from Radulov when asked by Rus media if he said he's going back to the NHL:"Go [screw] yourself and learn English...
Radulov (cont): "...then you won't write bleeping BS."

interesting.

NPHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2011, 08:20 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

I, for one, know English, and what he said was that he wants to play in Nashville as opposed to having his rights traded, and that he could get out of his contract.

Now that DOES NOT say he is returning to the NHL, but his reaction to the question is interesting. Is he frustrated with how he is being treated in Russia? Is he trying too hard to hide something? Is he just an *******? He could have easily said "I never said I was returning."

Of course, the most likely answer is that he's just blowing more smoke up Poile's ass

Last edited by ThirdManIn: 05-12-2011 at 08:25 PM.
Old
05-12-2011, 08:29 PM
Firestorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPHC View Post
people not knowing their rights here is more a testament to their willful ignorance than the clouded language of our officials.

either way, Radulov, guys!
Radu-who?

Firestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2011, 08:36 PM
WartracePred

According to the abovementioned link...

Poile said. I dont know what he wants to do. We [told] him we can trade his rights, but he said, No, no. I want to play in Nashville.

So this means if he comes back, he wants to play in Nashville. But that is IF he comes back. Go back to old threads in previous offseason conversations. Nothing has changed. Nothing!

WartracePred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2011, 08:45 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Keep the talk to Radulov and the situation therein, not politics.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2011, 10:49 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

From what I know Radulov has improved defensively, he was on the pk for team Russia during the olympics but that doesnt say to much either i guess.

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2011, 11:49 PM
KillerKampfer*

He looks beast with that A on his sweater for Russia. This guy is great if he came back he would earn himself a 7 mil contract. If the Olympics were tomorrow hes probably on Datsyuk's line, he is a winger version of Datsyuk.

There was no excuse for the Preds to be as overrun by the Nucks forwards as they were G1. ITs just a lack of talent, and the guys on the blueline could not camoflague this even if they neutralized Vancouver as the series went on making it very tight. NEVER being the more talented team up front will catch up with the Preds. I mean Arnott was old when he was in Nashville, left the Preds, and offensively found a hidden gear its not a team for offensive production the teams geared towards Fishers 30 point regular season not sticking out like a sore thumb.

If the Preds get Radulov back and sign someone like Connoly, get Ryan Ellis up and trade someone like Franson for another top 2 liner the team will be legit. I am a big fan of the organization and what it is doing but forgiving Radulov would be Nashville's best way of making up for the fact that the NHL has [B]NOT LET THEM CHEAT[/B to get good like Tampa, Washington, and Pittsburgh were allowed to netting Fleury, Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin, Semin, Hedman, Stamkos, etc. Nashville does not have that option to get elite talent on their team. They can never pull that crap without risking 50% of the fanbase.

Bring Radulov back, he'd have priced himself out of Nashville by last year if he didn't go to the KHL. This kid could be a Pred in 2012 when he would have been gone by 2009 had he stayed.

The forward talent mismatch against Vancouver was obscene. It didn't show the entire series (because of the D) but that first game was just abysmal and pathetic to watch from a Preds fan standpoint, the Preds forwards looked like junior players in comparison to vancouvers forwards.

KillerKampfer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2011, 12:11 AM
kivaerijo

watching the russia canada game..when did he become so much of a playmaker as well? he looks much better and a helluva lot more mature out there.

kivaerijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2011, 02:35 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

If this article is accurate , AND he does come back, I'm gonna have to throw a welcoming party. We miss his offensive side soooo bad. Come back home Rads!!!

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote