HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Canadian Junior Hockey Devoted to the CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL), BCHL, CJAHL, and its leagues.

11-12 Central Canada Hockey League

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-17-2011, 08:10 AM
  #26
Ravenshockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 119
vCash: 500
I heard that Princeton is strongly recommending that Rankin play in the USHL this season before heading to campus.

Without their coach, Rankin, Powell and their star 20 year-old goaltender it is going to be interesting to see what happens to this team. I will stay optimistic for the greater good of the league but I am starting to get worried.

Hopefully Nistico has the recruiting summer of his life!

Ravenshockey is offline  
Old
05-17-2011, 08:26 AM
  #27
Ottawa Guy
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 983
vCash: 500
From Brockville Paper Today

"The two bantam protected players for the Braves are Upper Canada Cyclones defenceman Brandon Prophet and Cyclones winger Owen Gill.

The 15-year-old Prophet is a six-foot, two-inch, 205-pound defenceman while Gill, the son of Braves owner Todd Gill, is a five-foot, five-inch, 165-pound forward, who was on the radar for other CHL teams as well."

Ottawa Guy is offline  
Old
05-17-2011, 10:15 AM
  #28
CHL Fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 18
vCash: 500
Where is Powell going, Raven??

Where is Powell supposed to be going?? I thought he was very solid defensvie D last season , in top 3 for sure. Will miss him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenshockey View Post
I heard that Princeton is strongly recommending that Rankin play in the USHL this season before heading to campus.

Without their coach, Rankin, Powell and their star 20 year-old goaltender it is going to be interesting to see what happens to this team. I will stay optimistic for the greater good of the league but I am starting to get worried.

Hopefully Nistico has the recruiting summer of his life!

CHL Fan is offline  
Old
05-17-2011, 10:46 AM
  #29
Ottawa Guy
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 983
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHL Fan View Post
Where is Powell supposed to be going?? I thought he was very solid defensvie D last season , in top 3 for sure. Will miss him
I was told he wants to play in the Maritimes, he is from Newfoundland so it makes sense.

Ottawa Guy is offline  
Old
05-17-2011, 12:37 PM
  #30
overtheboards
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 271
vCash: 500
What time does the draft start @ tomorrow ?

overtheboards is offline  
Old
05-17-2011, 01:34 PM
  #31
BadgerKnight
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 554
vCash: 500
CCHL Draft Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by overtheboards View Post
What time does the draft start @ tomorrow ?
The draft will start at 6:00 pm
http://centraljuniorhockeyleague.ca/...ews/news_26509

And, this following URL will apparently allow live viewing.
http://www.mediaontap.com/sports/hoc...lt1/draft2011/

Below is the description as provided for by Mr. Prophet.
http://hughdemand.com/wordpress/

"CCHL Draft
May 14th, 2011
Good morning

From the previous post you can see the MJHL (Manitoba) is excited about carrying their draft on the radio. I am quite excited to report that our (CCHL) draft will be carried live on the Neulion Webcast network.

Yup, that’s right, the CCHL draft will be on the internet, live, on our regular Neulion Network, and it will be at no cost to the viewer. Excellent promotion by the league (who are absorbing the cost).

Kevin Miller (Nepean Raiders) and Serge Lavergne (Gloucester Rangers) are doing the physical arrangements ahead of time. Chris Messina will be recruiting additional commentators. May even see TVCogeco legend Terry Shea present.

I will be bring the Tricaster, a camera (we intend doing a multi camera shoot), wireless mic as well as our steadfast support crew. This time it will be Phil brennan and I on mixing and graphics, Neil “Q” McHugh will be doing interviewing of the draftees and chief scouts.

My plan is to have

one camera in the gondola to do closeups of the podium and announcements/selections
one camera on the floor for shots of the teams tables & players walking up to the podium
one camera in an interview area
Phil and I have been busy preparing graphics for the event. We are hoping to produce a better show than the OHL Priority Selection webcast last Saturday.

Wish us luck.

PS: The broadcast will start at 5:55 PM on the Neulion Network. Bobby will be posting a link on the league website. Hopefully each team will as well."


Observed the Braves broadcasting crew in action during the past playoffs and, with the co-operation of other volunteers from other teams, I expect the viewers will see a good show.

BadgerKnight is offline  
Old
05-18-2011, 06:36 AM
  #32
dirk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 240
vCash: 500
Tonite's Draft

Does anyone have the Bantam Protect List?

Lets have some fun....who will be the 1st pick tonite?

dirk is offline  
Old
05-18-2011, 07:30 AM
  #33
valleydude
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 438
vCash: 500
Remi Elie to Hawkesbury.
Brazeua to Cumberland
Byron to Kemptville
Car to Hawkesbury
Beckstead to Smithfalls
Mancini to Kanata

valleydude is offline  
Old
05-18-2011, 08:16 AM
  #34
ottawafan66
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,107
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotitans View Post
Remi Elie to Hawkesbury.
Brazeua to Cumberland
Byron to Kemptville
Car to Hawkesbury
Beckstead to Smithfalls
Mancini to Kanata
Disipio to Gloucester
Allen to Nepean

ottawafan66 is offline  
Old
05-18-2011, 11:09 AM
  #35
BadgerKnight
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 554
vCash: 500
Colts Bantam Protected Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa Guy View Post
"The two bantam protected players for the Braves are Upper Canada Cyclones defenceman Brandon Prophet and Cyclones winger Owen Gill.

The 15-year-old Prophet is a six-foot, two-inch, 205-pound defenceman while Gill, the son of Braves owner Todd Gill, is a five-foot, five-inch, 165-pound forward, who was on the radar for other CHL teams as well."
Tanner Spink and Andrew Ming are the Colts' major bantam protected players, heading into tonight's CCHL entry draft.

http://www.standard-freeholder.com/A...aspx?e=3128489

BadgerKnight is offline  
Old
05-18-2011, 12:06 PM
  #36
valleydude
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerKnight View Post
Tanner Spink and Andrew Ming are the Colts' major bantam protected players, heading into tonight's CCHL entry draft.

http://www.standard-freeholder.com/A...aspx?e=3128489
I have also heard:

Reid Murphy Sens
Connor Cobbold Sens
Kevin Groulx Nepean
Andrew Donaldson Carleton Place

All these are unconfirmed.

valleydude is offline  
Old
05-18-2011, 12:28 PM
  #37
Johnny 2K8
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 83
vCash: 500
This is what I know so far when it comes to tonight's 1st round selection:

Hawkesbury: Remi Elie
Cumberland: Marc Beckstead
Kemptville: Blaine Byron
Hawkesbury: Evan Mancini-Welsford
Smiths Falls: Undecided (Probably a 96)
Kanata: ???
Nepean: Mitchell Allen
Gloucester: ???
Gloucester: Daniel Disipio
Kanata: ???
Cumberland: ???
Kanata: ???

As for the Protects, most players know that they have been protected, although everything will be official tonight before the draft starts.

Johnny 2K8 is offline  
Old
05-18-2011, 10:13 PM
  #38
Ottawa Guy
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 983
vCash: 500
Any trades at the draft tonight?

Ottawa Guy is offline  
Old
05-19-2011, 09:06 AM
  #39
Ottawa Guy
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 983
vCash: 500
I took a minute this morning to look at the various teams drfat lists and it is interesting to see the different approaches, some that stood out.
Brockville, seemed to focus on local kids regardless of whether they were AA or AAA
CP, went young almost all Bantams
CW, focussed on lacal kids
Cumberland & GL, lots of picks, took players from everywhere!!
Hawkesbury, focussed primarily on local kids
Kanata, Grabbed a couple Jr B hoping to be able to add to lineup
Kemptville, Forwards early and defense later
Nepean, mostly local kids
Ottawa, 3 Jr B must be hoping they can play this year
Pembroke, mostly local kids
SF, mostly local and loaded up on young players in late rounds

IN the end I would say that the majority of teams look for local kids.

Ottawa Guy is offline  
Old
05-19-2011, 02:13 PM
  #40
dirk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 240
vCash: 500
Connor McGrath was traded from hawkesbury to smith falls for their 3rd round pick.

dirk is offline  
Old
05-19-2011, 10:11 PM
  #41
everett331
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 147
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa Guy View Post
I took a minute this morning to look at the various teams drfat lists and it is interesting to see the different approaches, some that stood out.
Brockville, seemed to focus on local kids regardless of whether they were AA or AAA
CP, went young almost all Bantams
CW, focussed on lacal kids
Cumberland & GL, lots of picks, took players from everywhere!!
Hawkesbury, focussed primarily on local kids
Kanata, Grabbed a couple Jr B hoping to be able to add to lineup
Kemptville, Forwards early and defense later
Nepean, mostly local kids
Ottawa, 3 Jr B must be hoping they can play this year
Pembroke, mostly local kids
SF, mostly local and loaded up on young players in late rounds

IN the end I would say that the majority of teams look for local kids.
It's nice to see the kids getting a chance to stay local as they will have the support needed. The hometowns love to see local kids playing for there teams.

everett331 is offline  
Old
05-20-2011, 05:55 AM
  #42
raz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 219
vCash: 500
On another note should be interesting to see how Kanata will get ready for the FPC or the year for that matter. The article on the league site is interesting as they try and dangle the FPC carrot, and then have to exolain they fired a coach that actually got that bad team playing by the end of the year.

The Stallions are going to find out the carrot isn't enough, still trying to figure out why the league votes went their way. My guess is that was a vote made because people just cant accept the great job Gil, Macinnes and Keefe do to get their teams ready every year.

Seeing as the Braves got the last one, if i were Mac or SK get your teams ready for the mid season bailout, when the league asks you to bailout the FPC again.

Welcome to the Fred Page Cup, home of the last place Kanata Stallions, has a nice ring to it!

raz is offline  
Old
05-20-2011, 08:03 AM
  #43
wjhl2009fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 9,043
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by raz View Post
On another note should be interesting to see how Kanata will get ready for the FPC or the year for that matter. The article on the league site is interesting as they try and dangle the FPC carrot, and then have to exolain they fired a coach that actually got that bad team playing by the end of the year.

The Stallions are going to find out the carrot isn't enough, still trying to figure out why the league votes went their way. My guess is that was a vote made because people just cant accept the great job Gil, Macinnes and Keefe do to get their teams ready every year.

Seeing as the Braves got the last one, if i were Mac or SK get your teams ready for the mid season bailout, when the league asks you to bailout the FPC again.

Welcome to the Fred Page Cup, home of the last place Kanata Stallions, has a nice ring to it!
Its to early to say some times even with a bad team the carrot is enough some times older players if they had the chance to play in the fpc they willt ake the chance playign with a bad team.As much as i respect the kings and brockville have done you can't just keep having the fpc there you have to have it in other markets.

wjhl2009fan is offline  
Old
05-20-2011, 06:02 PM
  #44
BadgerKnight
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 554
vCash: 500
Memorial Cup

The Memorial Cup is being broadcast starting tonight on Sportsnet. Games are set for 7 p.m. The 2 highest ranked teams open the tournament tonight, Saint John vs. Mississauga.

BadgerKnight is offline  
Old
05-20-2011, 06:03 PM
  #45
BadgerKnight
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 554
vCash: 500
Kings acquire two defencemen

The Lumber Kings acquired M. Whiteduck & N. Quinn from the Jr. Senators.

BadgerKnight is offline  
Old
05-21-2011, 07:22 AM
  #46
Ottawa Guy
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 983
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerKnight View Post
The Lumber Kings acquired M. Whiteduck & N. Quinn from the Jr. Senators.
Senators making lots of moves.....Petrie (earlier trade) and Whiteduck were both mid-season acquisitions from other leagues.

Ottawa Guy is offline  
Old
05-21-2011, 08:06 AM
  #47
stickhandle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 158
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerKnight View Post
The Lumber Kings acquired M. Whiteduck & N. Quinn from the Jr. Senators.
what did they get back

stickhandle is offline  
Old
05-23-2011, 09:26 AM
  #48
everett331
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 147
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stickhandle View Post
what did they get back
From my research it appears nothing in the way of players.

everett331 is offline  
Old
05-23-2011, 03:53 PM
  #49
CHL Fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 18
vCash: 500
TEAMS PROTECTED LISTS

How could someone check and find the teams protected list of players.

CHL Fan is offline  
Old
05-23-2011, 10:17 PM
  #50
Ottawa Guy
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 983
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHL Fan View Post
TEAMS PROTECTED LISTS

How could someone check and find the teams protected list of players.
They are not published, only teams and league have access. If you are wondering if someone you know is still on a list, ask the GM. Unfortunately not every team tells the players when they are dropped from their list.

Ottawa Guy is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:26 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.