HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

An Islanders fan coming in peace

Old
05-27-2011, 07:47 AM
JanErixon20

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotmonte View Post
Mr. Wang.. Put some money INTO the team (and NO NOT JUST WHILE THEIR IS A VOTE GOING TO GET YOUR TEAM A NEW ARENA AND STADIUM) and then we will see.

You want to cry you are losing money, crappy team. Yet you are trying to SPEND TO THE CAP FLOOR?! Please.

An Arena I can understand. The Elaborate Malls, Stadiums, Hotels ect ect is too much.

Now in the eleventh hour of your teams existence on Long Island, you want to squeak in a Stadium too? Why cant you just build an ARENA? And thats it? And I am SURE you have enough to put MOST the money up for your Arena. And dont give me that "He wont own the land" business.. Surely if you have an Arena built, you will profit, no? I mean, thats the basis of the argument FOR THE LOAN. Profit gains?

I obviously dont like the Islanders, but at a time where SCHOOL TEACHERS AND OUR KIDS EDUCATION IS TAKING MASSIVE HITS DUE TO BUDGET PROBLEMS, I fail to see how helping the Islanders get an Arena AND a Stadium will help the BIG PROBLEMS. Islanders are a TEAM. A SPORTS TEAM. Our KIDS ARE SUFFERING WITH THESE OVER-CRAMING SCHOOL ROOMS... TEACHERS GETTING LAYED OFF.. HEALTH CARE ISSUES.. BUT YEAH, LETS HELP THE ISLANDERS GET A STADIUM AND AN ARENA.

Bad money management. Dont tell me how much you THINK you will generate. Not at this time. Not with my kids future up in the air with school issues. YOU MAY generate that much money. But you may NOT. And what happens if Wang and his Islanders flop? Dont bring in the money they claim? What happens then? Loans expunged, budgets tossed in the trash. Forced to sell his franchise and repay the COUNTY. Sell the team for 140 million dollars and owe a lot more.

Stop. If you dont have the money to BUY YOUR TEAM, BUILD AN ARENA (you claim it is so bad to play there, why the hell did you buy it in the first place?!) and market it.. DONT BUY IT. Its NOT MY FAULT WANG BOUGHT A FLOP OF A FRANCHISE. Its not MY FAULT Wang has eyes bigger than his head (leave off the racist comments of Asians please... this is not the time nor the place for that garbage). He bought the franchise, cried to the county about wanting to build a massive structure; malls, arena, stadium, hotels, food venues ect ect. Very egotistical of him to automatically think he would get PERMITS FOR ALL THIS. Then he scaled it down. Still couldnt get the permits. Aha, here is an idea. DO YOUR RESEARCH BEFORE YOU SPEND MILLIONS UPON MILLIONS. Wang made a bad business deal. My kids education shouldnt suffer to right his mistake.

You want to do good out there? Vote for No Education Budget Cuts. Not Money for the Islanders and Charles Wang. Another multi-millionaire crying he needs help to keep making his millions upon millions.

Hey Wang, your team is losing money? Sell it like the last schmuck did to an even BIGGER SCHMUCK or relocate and start over somewhere else
They did just resign two important players to long term deals. The Islanders are forced to do things the hard way, the old fashioned way. They have to build a team through the draft and picking young players discarded by other teams. At least for now. They can't attract high profile players. So they have to have their drafts produce for them.

JanErixon20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2011, 12:08 PM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeHamiltonsTan View Post
judging by friends/neighbors i've spoken with there may be a surprising amount of folks who show up to vote against this mess. people are already feeling overwhelmed with the insane tax situation and general cost of living in Nassau, now you want to even discuss the possibility the taxpayer being hit with the bill for wangs pet project? its not going to be taken as lightly as you might think. I for one will be voting H.E. double hockey stix NO!
Possibly. However, we are talking about a Monday in August. Not Election Day. Think about the school budget votes in May and how many people do not go out to vote and how the schools call people urging them to go vote and vote yes. And, the old people call people to vote no. I just have a hunch there will be a very poor voter turnout. I wouldn't be surprised if only 10-20% of the eligible voters show up.

patnyrnyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2011, 01:16 PM
GeorgeHamiltonsTan

Quote:
Originally Posted by patnyrnyg View Post
Possibly. However, we are talking about a Monday in August. Not Election Day. Think about the school budget votes in May and how many people do not go out to vote and how the schools call people urging them to go vote and vote yes. And, the old people call people to vote no. I just have a hunch there will be a very poor voter turnout. I wouldn't be surprised if only 10-20% of the eligible voters show up.
perhaps, the main difference is the school budget votes are being held during the school year vs this "event" which is being held in the dead of summer when all of these teachers have nothing else to do but think about the ****** theyre already taking in taxes. The old people, well theyll still be old lol i would expect anything from them but it cant be getting any easier t pay for increasing taxes on a fixed income and this 400 mil burden certainly isnt going to help thier cause.

I have a feeling once NIFA is finished with this thing and comes out with the potential financial downfall this project could create, people will put 2+2 together and show up...i hope so anyway.

GeorgeHamiltonsTan is offline   Reply With Quote