HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Notices

Game #95: WCSF Game 7 Detroit @ Sharks 6pm (Series tied 3-3)

Closed Thread

Old
05-12-2011, 02:00 AM
likewall32
**putt meem hear**

vCash: 500
Game #95: WCSF Game 7 Detroit @ Sharks 6pm (Series tied 3-3)

Disclaimer:
The following was extremely painful for me to make, and might possibly be painful for you to view. The contents of this post are what make us Sharks fans. The pride we take in our team, the lumps that we take as fans from other fans verbally and sometimes physically as our team fails. The thing that keeps us coming back is that they are ours. The boys in teal (when they're not wearing the stupid black jerseys). Read on if you dare, because this post will prepare you for Game 7, as it requires courage, just like the game.

(would have included video, but electricity hadn't yet been invented)

I know GDT's don't normally talk to you, but this is not a normal GDT. This is a likewall sexy epic cheesesteak 32 GDT.

After each of these failures, we as fans came back. Stronger, tougher, and more sarcastic and humorously jaded as ever. This is part of our history, since the lockout, our history is coming up short. A correction needs to be made. Our history WAS coming up short. We're expected to lose tonight, its what we're known for.

Which brings us to tonight.

WHO

TV

WHERE

HOW WE GOT HERE

GAME 1

GAME 2

GAME 3

GAME 4

GAME 5

GAME 6

WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF THE SHARKS WIN

WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF THE SHARKS LOSE

Old
05-12-2011, 02:02 AM
likewall32
**putt meem hear**

COURTESY OF CHAIRMAN MALLARD

For too long we have allowed the demons of the past to continue to invade and haunt us year after year. For twenty years we have writhed in pain at night, twisting and turning as the demons Knife at us and Driiiiivvvveeeeee us mad. It is time to put a stop to it. It is time to overcome these demons of our past, rid them from our holy bodies.

Father Mallard is here, having completed an online priest certification, and is ready to rid the franchise of the vile beasts within.

As Toews as my witness, it ends now. It ends today. Today we wipe ourselves clean. Today the San Jose Sharks are reborn. Today is a day we shall never forget.

We begin by taking a trip back to 1994. The Sharks had just completed a 7 game victory over the #1 seed Detroit Red Wings and now had a 3 games to 2 lead on the Toronto Maple Leafs. You all know what happens next.

Our next stop is an empty net, the puck is on Teemu Selanne's stick. One of the most prolific goal scorer's in NHL history. Jesus Toews! He's gonna score!!!

No he isn't. Selanne misses the wide open wrap around. Forsberg scores the lone goal in game 7 and Patrick Roy shuts out the Sharks 1-0.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/hoc..._avalanche_ap/

We fast forward to 2004. The Sharks defeat the St. Louis Blues in five games. They quickly jump out to a 3-0 lead on the Colorado Avalanche, before finally finishing them in Colorado in game 6. The Sharks make it to the WCF for the first time in their history and they get matched up against none other than Kipper and Sutter, familiar faces. The fans are pumped, the Sharks have home ice advantage in the Western conference finals.

What do they do? Lose every god damn home game in the series and drop the series 4-2.

After that heartbreak we flash forward to 2006. The 5th seeded Sharks dispatch the Nashville Predators in 5 games and miraculously, the top 4 seeds all lose. The 5th seeded Sharks are now the top seed in the West, and face the #8 seeded Edmonton Prongers, I mean Oilers in the second round. The Sharks jump out to a 2-0 series lead, and then they hit a brick wall known as Dwayne Roloson.

In OT of game 3, Rocket Richard Winner Jonathan Cheechoo has the puck on his stick and a chance to give the Sharks a 3-0 lead in the series.

Roloson robs Cheechoo and the Oilers leave the Sharks behind, never losing again in a 4-2 series victory.

You'd think after all of that it would get better, but we are just getting warmed up.

We fast forward to 2007, where the Sharks have a 2-1 lead on the Detroit Red Wings, and they lead game 4 by one goal with only one minute remaining.

With under a minute to go, Robert Lang goes 5-hole on Nabokov, and Scott Hannan gives a beautiful set up pass to Mathieu Schneider in OT for the game winner. The Sharks never win another game and lose in 6 games.

They respond in 2008 by winning the first ever game seven at the HP Pavilion with a brilliant last hurrah by Jeremy Roenick, seeking his first Stanley Cup in perhaps his last season. However, they immediately drop three straight games in round 2 only to begin a comeback.

33. 33 they said. We can't lose. Every 33 years a team comes back from down 3-0. We won game 4. Superman wins game 5. We can't lose!!!!! 33......33........33........33.

In the 4th OT of game 6, after brilliant saves by Nabokov, rent-a-ginger takes a penalty, and we all know how it ends.

**** you 33!

As if that wasn't heartbreaking enough, the Sharks went easy on us in 2009. They only lose in the first round to the #8 seed after they win the President's Trophy as the top team in the regular season. No big deal, it's great to lose to the ****ing Anaheim Ducks.

That series doesn't even deserve a youtube.

This brings us to last year, the year they were supposed to have exercised these demons I will vanquish today. The year they overcame Dan Boyle's own goal in OT. The year they beat the Detroit Red Wings in 5 games! The year they overcame all the skeletons in the closet..

Wait...Wait...Wait.

You mean, the year they got swept by the Blackhawks. I blame them not. Praise be to Jesus Toews for he shall save us in our time of need.

This brings us to today. The day of Exorcism. These demons shall be vanquished, back to hell from whence they came.

I cast you out! In the name of our Lord Jesus Toews! It is he who commands you! It is he who flung you from the gates of Heaven to the depths of HP Pavilion! Be Gone! From this team of God. Be gone! In the name of Thornton, Marleau, and the Big Pavelski!

We will win Game Seven!
GO SHARKS!!!!!!

COURTESY OF LADY STANLEY [/QUOTE]

COURTESY OF LED ZAPPA [/QUOTE]

Old
05-12-2011, 02:03 AM
WTFetus

Old
05-12-2011, 02:04 AM
Karl with a C
RIP Локомотив

Please, please win. A loss would be devastating and would cap of a history of immense failure. PLEASE, please win.

Old
TrappedInFullerton
Murray SMASH

For the win!

Old
slocal
Global Moderator
Muahaa The Sharks...

This is the GDT that created all others. May Toews have mercy and grant us a win.

"there's nothing good about dubstep." - The Nemesis
Old
05-12-2011, 02:05 AM
gonegonegone*

go sharks...

Old
05-12-2011, 02:06 AM
Phu

Old
05-12-2011, 02:07 AM
rangerssharks414

Please win!

Old
05-12-2011, 02:07 AM
irregardless
Registered Dummy

I was more excited for this GDT than I am to watch the game tomorrow.

Please win, Sharkies.

Old
05-12-2011, 02:09 AM
baydrake
gutless performance

if detroit wins: history, choke, etc., etc.
if san jose wins: just another playoff series.

here's hoping history will not be made.

however, this is how i feel right now

Old
05-12-2011, 02:10 AM
Minicoop831

Bring the pressure sharks don't let up persistence will pay off!

Old
05-12-2011, 02:12 AM
SJeasy

Refs
Dan "The Irishman" O'Halloran #13
Kelly "Ice Capades" Sutherland #11

O'Halloran is senior. Both are very good skaters. I expect limited calls in a game 7 and that is the tendency of both refs. However, I have been surprised in the last two games by otherwise light calling refs. We'll see.

O'Halloran Theme

Sutherland Theme

Old
05-12-2011, 02:12 AM
Kitten Mittons

We can't lose this game. We just can't. Please don't ****ing lose. For ****'s sake, don't lose. You can't. It's just too early. My beard is barely month old.

PLEASE DON'T CHOKE!!!

Old
05-12-2011, 02:13 AM
Lee Van Cleef*

I have shaved my beard to exorcise myself of any bad luck mine beard hath giveth to the San Jose Sharks of yore.

Please win.

Old
05-12-2011, 02:13 AM
Tkachuk4MVP
22 Years of Fail

Epic GDT, but also extremely painful to sift through. Our faith is what keeps us coming back year after year, failure after failure, and as bad as we all felt through those many series, it's going to make it that much sweeter when we win this game tonight. Believe.

Old
05-12-2011, 02:14 AM
Negatively Positive
Save us Tomas!

vCash: 628
I know I'm one of the more pessimistic posters on here. However, my negativity haven't done **** frankly. So, I BELIEVE SHARKS. DO IT. JUST WIN.

Old
05-12-2011, 02:16 AM
Slurms McKenzie
Wam wam wazzle!

no snog, just win. or else seppuku.

Old
05-12-2011, 02:16 AM
Negatively Positive
Save us Tomas!

vCash: 628
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJeasy View Post
Refs
Dan "The Irishman" O'Halloran #13
Kelly "Ice Capades" Sutherland #11

O'Halloran is senior. Both are very good skaters. I expect limited calls in a game 7 and that is the tendency of both refs. However, I have been surprised in the last two games by otherwise light calling refs. We'll see.

O'Halloran Theme

Sutherland Theme

Easy, can we get one GO SHARKS!! from you? Let's see some emotion out of you

Old
05-12-2011, 02:18 AM
Mafoofoo
:facepalm:

Scared beyond belief about the game.

Old
05-12-2011, 02:19 AM
TrappedInFullerton
Murray SMASH

God it's depressing being a Sharks' fan... like a freaking badge of honor to still be a fan after all that heartbreak...

Old
05-12-2011, 02:20 AM
KpopandHockey
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
So.. Scared...

I'll crack out the monster of all kpop songs.

Old
05-12-2011, 02:22 AM
lsx

They can do it.

Old
Taco Fingerhat

vCash: 4420
A Canuck fan here pullin' for ya. We know exactly what you're going through and whats at stake. my gawd, if you can pull off the win, it's like the best feelin' ever... A one tonne weight off your shoulders. This is one of those games that will define your franchise. Good luck.

Old
Led Zappa
Oy vey...

Nice Work LW32 & CM.

Here's to not having another video to add to that montage after tomorrow night.

"This is not a nick or a scratch, this is an open wound" - Doug Wilson.
Closed Thread