HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

Dark Souls

Old
03-18-2013, 05:37 PM
CoopALoop

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Richard 37 View Post
Skull Lantern is what you'll need. They drop off of the non-respawning necromancers in the catacombs (last of the four will drop it 100%, if you kill all of them). You'll notice the necro's, they're in black cloaks, carrying the lantern.

If not, there's one deep in the Tomb of the Giants, found as treasure. However, the ToTG is the place that is pitch black, making it troublesome to find.
Thanks.

Another option I looked into was the miracle that makes you emit light, but my Faith level is nil to none.

CoopALoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 05:46 PM
CoopALoop

So beat the game finally. RL got in the way.

Demon Ruins and Lost Izalith was stupid easy.

Cheesed it up on Gwyn:
- Havel's armour
- Black sheild
- Black knight +5 Halbred
- Iron Flesh.

Walked in, casted Iron flesh and 2Handed the halbred as Gwyn tried to hurt me.

Time for Demon's Souls.

Old
04-09-2013, 03:49 AM
LSnow

Playing with wanderer while using broadsword without a shield. Bosses are a truly a ***** but the regular foes are bit too easy After watching Day9 die constantly i thought it was harder.

LSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 06:09 PM
BeBen*

i came

https://twitter.com/lynchtacular/sta...559616/photo/1

BeBen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 12:01 AM
Sportacus
:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSnow View Post
Playing with wanderer while using broadsword without a shield. Bosses are a truly a ***** but the regular foes are bit too easy After watching Day9 die constantly i thought it was harder.
The souls games are only hard if you don't take your time or stop paying attention.

04-10-2013, 11:41 AM
CoopALoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportacus View Post
The souls games are only hard if you don't take your time or stop paying attention.
Bosses can be the exception.

Old
04-10-2013, 03:04 PM
BeBen*

http://ca.ign.com/videos/2013/04/10/...12-minute-demo

BeBen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 03:15 PM
SolidSnakeUS

I really wish they went back to Demon's Souls magic system. I also hope how it comes to connecting with friends in MP is fixed and more like Demon's Souls (which was amazing).

SolidSnakeUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 04:12 PM
Orpheus
Valar Morgulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
I really wish they went back to Demon's Souls magic system. I also hope how it comes to connecting with friends in MP is fixed and more like Demon's Souls (which was amazing).
I'll definitely play it. However, as I've said in the past, much higher anticipating for Demon's Souls 2, since thats where all the talent from the Dark Souls team is right now I think.

Either way, the game looks great and I can't wait to play it!

Orpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 09:06 AM
Corto
Faceless Man

I saw the 12 minute video... 4 times.

I'm looking forward to Witcher 3 and Project Eternity and Uncharted 4, etc.

But Dark Souls 2 is THE game I want to play right.

I thought Skyrim was gonna stick in my mind as the best game of the last 10 years, but nope... It's Dark Souls.

Praise the Sun!

Corto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 09:23 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Honestly, I just couldn't get into Dark Souls as much. Maybe because I felt it was way more of a grind than Demon's Souls?

Old
04-11-2013, 10:17 AM
Rabid Ranger
2 is better than one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orpheus View Post
I'll definitely play it. However, as I've said in the past, much higher anticipating for Demon's Souls 2, since thats where all the talent from the Dark Souls team is right now I think.

Either way, the game looks great and I can't wait to play it!
Is it confirmed there is going to be a Demon's Souls 2? I haven't seen much on that.

As for Dark Souls 2, I watched the video and it looks like more of the same-WHICH IS AWESOME! With the tweaks that have been done to gameplay and the graphics engine it's probably my most anticipated game.

Rabid Ranger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 02:57 PM
Orpheus
Valar Morgulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Ranger View Post
Is it confirmed there is going to be a Demon's Souls 2? I haven't seen much on that.

As for Dark Souls 2, I watched the video and it looks like more of the same-WHICH IS AWESOME! With the tweaks that have been done to gameplay and the graphics engine it's probably my most anticipated game.
The main director of Dark Souls/Demon's Souls and a lot of the "A" team are not working on Dark Souls 2. Only logical reason is either new IP (possible) or Sony has commissioned Demon's Souls 2 from them as well and it's a next gen game. That would make sense, next gen team gets all the big stars and this gen game gets the scraps (not that it will be a bad game) and I'm sure Sony wants another Demon's Souls game.

Old
04-11-2013, 03:17 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
The main director of Dark Souls/Demon's Souls and a lot of the "A" team are not working on Dark Souls 2. Only logical reason is either new IP (possible) or Sony has commissioned Demon's Souls 2 from them as well and it's a next gen game. That would make sense, next gen team gets all the big stars and this gen game gets the scraps (not that it will be a bad game) and I'm sure Sony wants another Demon's Souls game.
Demon's Souls 2 would be amazing.

Old
04-11-2013, 04:38 PM
Zodiac

post on Neogaf with some good information and links ...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...65&postcount=1

Quote:
Dark Souls II leads on PC, confirmed 60fps, 30fps on consoles "no drops", new engine

so PC is lead platform and 60fps ...i'm all over that on day 1.

Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 07:54 PM
Qrispy

Quote:
Honestly, I just couldn't get into Dark Souls as much. Maybe because I felt it was way more of a grind than Demon's Souls?
Yeah, I thought Demon's Souls was better.

The thing I didn't really like about DarkS was how a lot of the weapons had such crappy delays in between combos or a long recovery time after you swung. The inability to string hits together without eating a ton of damage kind of took some of the fun out. It was just slash>dodge>slash>dodge for me. Even the rare weapons were pretty crappy.

Maybe it's more balanced for PvP but I didn't really like being forced to play so conservatively.

Qrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 02:24 AM
Corto
Faceless Man

Quote:
Mmm... What do you mean by "grind"?
I usually don't grind anything, except the Kiln of First Flame, but that's basically only when I'm waiting to get summoned for some SunBro action.

Quote:
Source?
According to what I've heard, this is exactly the same core team that did Demon's Souls and Dark Souls, except that Miyazaki is no longer the director but supervisor.
The new directors are two guys that worked on both Souls games so far.
From what I know, there is no parallel Demon/Dark games, Dark Souls IS the Souls series right now, a spiritual successor to Demon's Souls (if not an official sequel).

Quote:
Originally Posted by YakuBOT View Post
Yeah, I thought Demon's Souls was better.

The thing I didn't really like about DarkS was how a lot of the weapons had such crappy delays in between combos or a long recovery time after you swung. The inability to string hits together without eating a ton of damage kind of took some of the fun out. It was just slash>dodge>slash>dodge for me. Even the rare weapons were pretty crappy.

Maybe it's more balanced for PvP but I didn't really like being forced to play so conservatively.
Not sure what you mean?
If you wield a greatsword or some other bigger weapon, yeah, it's slow and requires less spam/combo and more strategic big hits...
But if you get yourself a +15 light sword (Uchigatana, Iaito, Balder Side Sword, etc.), or small sword dagger (Gold Tracer, Silver Dark Tracer, Bandit Dagger +15), or even some halberd-type weapons (Great Scythe+15 is the best weapon in the game for a DEX build IMO), you'll be able to unload 3-4-5 light-attacks (R1s) on most enemies, and still have enough stamina to run/roll away.

All these weapons are mostly for DEX buils, and most of them have bleeding effects and fantastic values for parry/backstab - which is why they're great for all situations - PvE, bosses AND PvP.

Old
04-12-2013, 05:44 AM
Orpheus
Valar Morgulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corto View Post
Source?
According to what I've heard, this is exactly the same core team that did Demon's Souls and Dark Souls, except that Miyazaki is no longer the director but supervisor.
The new directors are two guys that worked on both Souls games so far.
From what I know, there is no parallel Demon/Dark games, Dark Souls IS the Souls series right now, a spiritual successor to Demon's Souls (if not an official sequel).
From Software has no control over whether Demon's Souls 2 is made, they do not own the intellectual property, Sony does. Demon's Souls was also a major exclusive title for Sony, so it only makes sense that they'd want to leverage it to make a sequel. Because of this, it would be logical that they would approach the game's original creators and try to work out a deal to a) make them money and b) allow them to work on their "baby" instead of handing it off to a new studio. I think From Software, Namco-Bandai and Sony could all easily work out a suitable arrangement that would allow them to make Demon's Souls 2. The sequel is almost unquestionably coming, it's just a matter of "when" and "who" is working on it.

There have also been subtle hints that Demon's Souls 2 might be coming, although some tea leaf reading might be involved:
- Demon's Souls is completely free this month for PS+, and generally that happens to raise brand awareness.
- It's not unheard of for people to view Demon's Souls as the "better" game, and Sony refuses to take down the servers for the game (even though they were supposed to go down 3-4 times in the past)
- While Miyazaki is indeed supervising Dark Souls 2, he's also working on a new game he's keeping shrouded in secrecy: http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/12/1...ng-on-new-game

So there is no outright source that states "OMG DEMONS SOULS 2!" but it seems far too logical and far too obvious that a new game in the series IS coming. Whether they try to differentiate the two games even more, I don't know, but Sony holds the ball when it comes to the game, and they almost undoubtedly are going to put it in play, it would be horribly stupid not to. So don't be surprised at all when the game is announced at some point in the future, possibly near future

Old
04-12-2013, 06:59 AM
Corto
Faceless Man

Quote:
From Software has no control over whether Demon's Souls 2 is made, they do not own the intellectual property, Sony does. Demon's Souls was also a major exclusive title for Sony, so it only makes sense that they'd want to leverage it to make a sequel. Because of this, it would be logical that they would approach the game's original creators and try to work out a deal to a) make them money and b) allow them to work on their "baby" instead of handing it off to a new studio. I think From Software, Namco-Bandai and Sony could all easily work out a suitable arrangement that would allow them to make Demon's Souls 2. The sequel is almost unquestionably coming, it's just a matter of "when" and "who" is working on it.

There have also been subtle hints that Demon's Souls 2 might be coming, although some tea leaf reading might be involved:
- Demon's Souls is completely free this month for PS+, and generally that happens to raise brand awareness.
- It's not unheard of for people to view Demon's Souls as the "better" game, and Sony refuses to take down the servers for the game (even though they were supposed to go down 3-4 times in the past)
- While Miyazaki is indeed supervising Dark Souls 2, he's also working on a new game he's keeping shrouded in secrecy: http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/12/1...ng-on-new-game

So there is no outright source that states "OMG DEMONS SOULS 2!" but it seems far too logical and far too obvious that a new game in the series IS coming. Whether they try to differentiate the two games even more, I don't know, but Sony holds the ball when it comes to the game, and they almost undoubtedly are going to put it in play, it would be horribly stupid not to. So don't be surprised at all when the game is announced at some point in the future, possibly near future
I still don't believe it, from all I gather the Souls series is at DkS2 right now... BUT...

If you are right... Then hell, dude, it's like Christmas come early. :n aughty:
Dark Souls 2 AND Demons Souls 2?
TAKE MY MONEY PLEASE.

Old
04-12-2013, 08:05 AM
Orpheus
Valar Morgulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corto View Post
I still don't believe it, from all I gather the Souls series is at DkS2 right now... BUT...

If you are right... Then hell, dude, it's like Christmas come early. :n aughty:
Dark Souls 2 AND Demons Souls 2?
TAKE MY MONEY PLEASE.
The only thing is that its quite possible that demons souls 2, whenever it arrives, won't be made by From Software if they pass on it. Not sure what the relationship between Sony, Namco Bandai and From Software is like, but as I said, the only say anyone gets in whether demons souls 2 gets made or not is Sony.

Atlus may take a shot at it (they helped publish and do PR for Demons Souls) or Sony may use one of their own internal studios. But I have no doubt the game is coming, like I said in the previous post.

Old
04-12-2013, 02:53 PM
CoopALoop

Dark Souls 2 looks good.

I'm hoping that the AI improvements will be significant and not just blabber.

Either way, I'm grabbing this as it comes out.

Old
04-14-2013, 03:52 PM
LSnow

The PVP thing is pretty annoying, i was far away from bonfire so i coulnd run to safety I had to kill 11 dark spirits in a row which took around 45 mins out of my life...

If i was not mistaken there was around 3-4 spirits at the same time

Heart was pounding pretty quickly

LSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 04:11 PM
Orpheus
Valar Morgulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSnow View Post
The PVP thing is pretty annoying, i was far away from bonfire so i coulnd run to safety I had to kill 11 dark spirits in a row which took around 45 mins out of my life...

If i was not mistaken there was around 3-4 spirits at the same time

Heart was pounding pretty quickly
Can be turned off on consoles and possibly PC, all you need to do on PS3 at least is disconnect from the network. I used that trick in Demon's Souls and Dark Souls for quick farming runs, because anyone that invaded my game would usually get cheeseballed to death by my spear that broke everything.

Old
08-21-2013, 10:14 PM
syz
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 50
http://www.gamespot.com/news/dark-so...s-fall-6413422

Registration opens in a couple weeks.

syz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2013, 03:34 PM
Qrispy

So what's up with the beta registration? Is it only open to European players right now?

Qrispy is offline   Reply With Quote