HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

Dark Souls

Old
10-12-2011, 08:46 AM
bdp

vCash: 500
The drake sword and that glitch really does make it easy mode for a while.

Even then, the game is still several times harder than the next hardest game on the market.

Last edited by bdp: 10-12-2011 at 08:59 AM.
bdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 11:52 AM
Rabid Ranger
2 is better than one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saren View Post
The glitch is a little more complicated than that, but yeah, that's the place.
Can you explain the glitch?

Rabid Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 11:53 AM
Rabid Ranger
2 is better than one

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
93 in 30 hours? Holy hell...

Is Darkwood the place that has the infinite spawning enemies that immediately die?
Yeah, no kidding. I've played around 25 hours and am only level 33. I must be screwing around a bunch!

Rabid Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 01:41 PM
Zodiac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Ranger View Post
Can you explain the glitch?
i wouldn't say its a glitch ...its just exposing the stupid AI.

here's a video of it ...

it costs 20,000 souls to buy the key off the Undead Parish blacksmith that opens the door, and there's also a camp fire right next to the door that needs to be opened (its behind a brick wall next to the door ...just strike the wall to expose it).

what i do is run past the first guy that shoots magic at you (on his right side), and there'll be a ghostly thief there who you'll continue to run past. then i start to make a U turn to the left where there's two other guys. the 4 of them all start chasing me and i run back to the stairway where you first entered ...but make sure you run next to the stairway that has a small ledge next to the cliff. the AI opponents will typically run up the stairs and when trying to hit you, they'll fall over and off the cliff. if they don't fall for it, just run towards them to get their attention again and run back to that spot in the corner next to the stairs. sometimes they'll actually fall down right next to you, and then you might have to do some maneuvering ...typically if you block their attack they'll bounce off and fall off the edge.

once you're done, run back to the camp fire, reset and repeat it all over again.

you'll get 7000 souls in about a minute or two.

its an obvious farming spot that was intentional, imo, because they wouldn't have a camp fire so close to a spot that can garner so many souls if they didn't intend it (again, imo).

Demon's Souls had farming spots like that as well ...most noteably in world 4-2 with the reaper, and then later in that world where you could clean house with those flying manta rays. the check point was right next to those farming spots in Demon's Souls, too ...so it almost seems like its tradition.

i dunno if From Software expected the AI to jump off the cliff like that, but its a great farming spot. fight them legit if you want.

Last edited by Zodiac: 10-12-2011 at 02:39 PM.
Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 02:28 PM
Zodiac

oh, and i'm lvl 96 now and have around 40 to 45 hours dropped into the game.

i beat a ton of bosses so far. i'm thinking that i'm getting close to completing it, but i know that there's at least 2 or 3 more bosses to deal with.

i gotta say this is probably the scariest game i ever played. the tension is amazing, and the suspense is almost maddening at times. the environments are creepy and dangerous, the enemies are relentless and the bosses are probably the most intimidating that i've ever experienced.

vicious game. love it.

Old
10-12-2011, 02:32 PM
bdp

Yep, the Souls games are scarier than any dedicated horror games I've played. The game messes with your mind. Stupid rats in the crates, made me jump.

Old
10-12-2011, 02:36 PM
Razor29
52-22-8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken Tier View Post
Yep, the Souls games are scarier than any dedicated horror games I've played. The game messes with your mind. Stupid rats in the crates, made me jump.
But I left a message on the floor near them.

Lol.

Razor29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 02:44 PM
Zodiac

i'm terrified of those frogs (are they even frogs?) in The Depths.

the first time i encountered them, i fell through a hole in the floor and ended up face to face with about 3 of them and some rats. i started swinging my sword for dear life, hoping for the best, when they started spraying that cursed mist at me.

instant death/cursed and my life bar was permanently reduced to half of what it was until i found out where to buy the curse removal items at around 5000 souls a pop.

i've been terrified of them ever since. i hate seeing them.

Old
10-12-2011, 02:52 PM
bdp

So I just rang the second bell down in Blighttown, came back to Firelink Shrine, and the Fire Keeper was dead. Now because he's dead I can't even light the bonfire at Firelink Shrine. Sucks too because I found another Fire Keeper Soul down in Blighttown which I could've used to upgrade my Estus flasks, but obviously that's not happening now.

I have no idea how he died.

Old
10-12-2011, 02:57 PM
Zodiac

Quote:
So I just rang the second bell down in Blighttown, came back to Firelink Shrine, and the Fire Keeper was dead. Now because he's dead I can't even light the bonfire at Firelink Shrine. Sucks too because I found another Fire Keeper Soul down in Blighttown which I could've used to upgrade my Estus flasks, but obviously that's not happening now.

I have no idea how he died.
same thing happened to me.

one of the guys you freed earlier killed the fire keeper. he's kind of the equivalent of Yurt from Demon's Souls.

you can actually track him down and invade his world to take revenge on him later.

there's other spots in the game where you can upgrade the flasks, too. i'm +3 on them now.

Old
10-12-2011, 04:21 PM
Crabapple

vCash: 1020
Hows the character customization in this game? Is there lots of different armor sets/weapons to make my character look awesome?

Crabapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 04:31 PM
bdp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabapple View Post
Hows the character customization in this game? Is there lots of different armor sets/weapons to make my character look awesome?
Yes there are tons of different armors and weapons that you can mix and match any way you want.

Same thing for your stats, aside from the first few hours, your starting class is more or less meaningless, as you can put your points in whatever stats you want.

Old
10-12-2011, 05:38 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Yes there are tons of different armors and weapons that you can mix and match any way you want.

Same thing for your stats, aside from the first few hours, your starting class is more or less meaningless, as you can put your points in whatever stats you want.
Basically the starting classes are for both initial equipment and initial stats. Other than that, it's kinda pointless. Love how you can become whatever you want or can become everything.

SolidSnakeUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 10:09 PM
bdp

Just got the grim reaper outfit from Ceaseless Discharge. So badass.

Old
10-13-2011, 11:12 AM
bdp

Man, they don't **** around in the Demon Ruins. Taurus and Capra demons are regular enemies.

Old
10-13-2011, 08:05 PM
Zodiac

completed the game this evening. started a new game+.

i hear there's 2 or 3 endings, depending on what you do, so that's pretty good.

was level 102 when i completed the game and around 58 hours played.

Old
10-13-2011, 08:14 PM
SolidSnakeUS

My god does this game make me rage so badly... I never had this kind of crap with Demon's Souls...

I'm level 23 trying to get through Darkroot Basin and can't do **** really. I can't take on maybe more than 2 enemies at a time. It's REALLY pissing me off.

Last edited by SolidSnakeUS: 10-13-2011 at 08:41 PM.
Old
10-13-2011, 08:54 PM
Zodiac

Quote:
My god does this game make me rage so badly... I never had this kind of crap with Demon's Souls...
what part are you on now?

game is more difficult than Demon's Souls, imo.

and what kind of gear are you guys using?

my character is wearing:

Havel's helm
Havel's gauntlets
Havel's leggins
Black Iron armor (upgraded to +4 or +5 ..can't really remember now)

using Havel's ring and the Ring of Favor and Protection.

my main weapon is the Murakumo +14 and a long bow that is upgraded to +12.

i also have an upgraded Falchion that was turned into Quelaag's Furysword.

the shield i'm currently using is an Eagle shield +10.

i'm a Dexterity build, but i have a fair amount into Endurance and Vitality. also have 28 into strength in order to swing that big Murakumo sword.

eventhough i'm wearing very heavy armor, i make sure i roll and dodge at full speed and the rings i'm wearing allow me to do so.

love all the various armor and weapons. love messing around with different configurations and builds.

there's lots to do in this game.

Old
10-13-2011, 08:57 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodiac View Post
what part are you on now?

game is more difficult than Demon's Souls, imo.

and what kind of gear are you guys using?

my character is wearing:

Havel's helm
Havel's gauntlets
Havel's leggins
Black Iron armor (upgraded to +4 or +5 ..can't really remember now)

using Havel's ring and the Ring of Favor and Protection.

my main weapon is the Murakumo +14 and a long bow that is upgraded to +12.

i also have an upgraded Falchion that was turned into Quelaag's Furysword.

the shield i'm currently using is an Eagle shield +10.

i'm a Dexterity build, but i have a fair amount into Endurance and Vitality. also have 28 into strength in order to swing that big Murakumo sword.

eventhough i'm wearing very heavy armor, i make sure i roll and dodge at full speed and the rings i'm wearing allow me to do so.

love all the various armor and weapons. love messing around with different configurations and builds.

there's lots to do in this game.
Yeah I have NOTHING anywhere near what you have. The only special items of sorts that I've actually obtained and are using are the Drake Sword, part of the Elite Knight armor, short bow, Ring of Favor and Protection and that's basically it. Just died and lost 4K some souls from total ********. I seriously CANNOT deal with more than one or two enemies at a time in the ****ing game.

I'm pretty much trying to get to the Moonlight Butterfly and guess what? I'm sure I won't do **** there either and I'll just die...

I had to go from level 6 to 20/21 to even kill the ****ing Taurus and he almost killed me and I was using a cheap method. I had to fight the gargoyles twice, but the 2nd time was much easier, but still a royal ****ing pain. I'm struggling SO badly for souls right now.

I have 13 some hours in it maybe, and I still have the ****ING HEATER SHIELD. The only leeway I've ever had for souls were for arrows. That's basically it.

Last edited by SolidSnakeUS: 10-13-2011 at 09:04 PM.
Old
10-13-2011, 09:05 PM
Zodiac

Quote:
Yeah I have NOTHING anywhere near what you have. The only special items of sorts that I've actually obtained and are using are the Drake Sword, part of the Elite Knight armor, short bow, Ring of Favor and Protection and that's basically it. Just died and lost 4K some souls from total ********. I seriously CANNOT deal with more than one or two enemies at a time in the ****ing game.

I'm pretty much trying to get to the Moonlight Butterfly and guess what? I'm sure I won't do **** there either and I'll just die...

I had to go from level 6 to 20/21 to even kill the ****ing Taurus and he almost killed me and I was using a cheap method. I had to fight the gargoyles twice, but the 2nd time was much easier, but still a royal ****ing pain. I'm struggling SO badly for souls right now.

I have 13 some hours in it maybe, and I still have the ****ING HEATER SHIELD. The only leeway I've ever had for souls were for arrows. That's basically it.
you sound like you're near a good soul farming area.

http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=3...5&postcount=79

if you didn't open that door yet, i'd try to rack up the 20,000 souls needed to buy the key to get in there and start leveling up.

Old
10-13-2011, 09:07 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
you sound like you're near a good soul farming area.

http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=3...5&postcount=79

if you didn't open that door yet, i'd try to rack up the 20,000 souls needed to buy the key to get in there and start leveling up.
I can BARELY even get 5000 souls and you expect me to do that?

Old
10-13-2011, 09:13 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Finally beat the ****ing Butterfly...

Old
10-13-2011, 09:13 PM
Zodiac

Quote:
I can BARELY even get 5000 souls and you expect me to do that?
just farm areas where enemies aren't too difficult ...or at least manageable.

if you find the game that difficult that early on, then i can't wait to hear your reaction to some of the things that will come later on.

Old
10-13-2011, 09:16 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
just farm areas where enemies aren't too difficult ...or at least manageable.

if you find the game that difficult that early on, then i can't wait to hear your reaction to some of the things that will come later on.
My one friend is way ahead of me, but consider how Namco Bandai completely butt ****ed the online co-op system, we can't summon each other.

I have 5K right now and I did beat that Butterfly boss and making my way back to that door at the end of the bridge from where the dragon is.

Last edited by SolidSnakeUS: 10-13-2011 at 09:28 PM.
Old
10-14-2011, 04:16 PM
Static

Send a message via AIM to Static
I'm thinking of getting this game but the difficulty fame is kind of scaring me off a bit. I don't know how I'll react to a game that is 95% about failure...

Static is offline   Reply With Quote