HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canucks Injury Thread - Mason Raymond's Career in Jeopardy?

Closed Thread

Old
05-26-2011, 04:41 PM
Vancouver_2010
Go Canucks & Oilers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edler CJC View Post
We can fire him right after we win the Stanley Cup, right?
I think we should fire him if Rome is on the ice for the final and we don't have an injury problems, regardless we win the cup or not. Next year we will not have the same depth and this proves that AV is either a mental or we just win in spite of him this year.

Old
05-26-2011, 04:47 PM
Tiranis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancouver_2010 View Post
I think we should fire him if Rome is on the ice for the final and we don't have an injury problems, regardless we win the cup or not. Next year we will not have the same depth and this proves that AV is either a mental or we just win in spite of him this year.
Because deciding who the #6 D-man is is AV's only job, right? It's not like he's responsible for all the other coaching aspects... the team just sets the strategy itself and AV just watches them play, right?

No wonder you're so critical of the Sedins, you don't even understand hockey...

Old
05-26-2011, 04:47 PM
WJG
Running and Rioting

Is Samuelsson for sure out for the Finals?

Old
05-26-2011, 04:50 PM
Vancouver_2010
Go Canucks & Oilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
Because deciding who the #6 D-man is is AV's only job, right? It's not like he's responsible for all the other coaching aspects... the team just sets the strategy itself and AV just watches them play, right?

No wonder you're so critical of the Sedins, you don't even understand hockey...
How about not using time-out well, did not try to use Grabner more often and now he is being proved that he can score 30+ goals, and of course don't forget the six short handed goals he had, play Rome over Ballard (only a mental would do that)?

I am not being critical on the Sedins, I just plain dislike them after watching them for 9+ years, not that it would turn me away from being a Canucks fan.

Old
05-26-2011, 04:54 PM
Tiranis

Quote:
How about not using time-out well, did not try to use Grabner more often and now he is being proved that he can score 30+ goals, play Rome over Ballard (only a mental would do that)?
Yes, those are huge issues... that are so much more important than having a President's Trophy winning team that's now going to play in the SCF, despite dealing with a ton of injuries the whole season. There's no possible way AV had ANYTHING to do with us being the #1 team in GF, GA, PP, and within .2% of 1st on PK. He just stood there and watched as the team got there all on their own. These guys are so good that they don't need no stinkin' coach to get to the SCF, if anything the coach is holding them back... and that's with the soft sisters playing on the top line, imagine how good they would be with some real top line players.

Do you honestly not realize that there's A LOT more to coaching than setting a lineup and using timeouts? Really?

Old
05-26-2011, 04:59 PM
Samzilla

vCash: 934
"AV's a good coach."
"AV's a bad coach."

Can we all just agree to win it for Manny?!

Old
05-26-2011, 05:04 PM
Lowkey

Quote:
How about not using time-out well, did not try to use Grabner more often and now he is being proved that he can score 30+ goals, and of course don't forget the six short handed goals he had, play Rome over Ballard (only a mental would do that)?

I am not being critical on the Sedins, I just plain dislike them after watching them for 9+ years, not that it would turn me away from being a Canucks fan.
What would the Sedins have to do to impress you?

Old
05-26-2011, 05:05 PM
John Swartzwelder
MOAR TUFFNESS!!!1

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by medhatcanuck View Post
why won't rome just go away.
I thought Ballard played horrible and i'd rather him play, than Rome playing at his best.

Salo-Edler
Bieksa-Hamhuis
Ehrhoff-Ballard
Rome at his best, he eats up minutes and is unnoticable.

Heh, kinda like Bouwmeester, but at 1/10th the price!

Old
05-26-2011, 05:07 PM
Vancouver_2010
Go Canucks & Oilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
Yes, those are huge issues... that are so much more important than having a President's Trophy winning team that's now going to play in the SCF, despite dealing with a ton of injuries the whole season. There's no possible way AV had ANYTHING to do with us being the #1 team in GF, GA, PP, and within .2% of 1st on PK. He just stood there and watched as the team got there all on their own. These guys are so good that they don't need no stinkin' coach to get to the SCF, if anything the coach is holding them back... and that's with the soft sisters playing on the top line, imagine how good they would be with some real top line players.

Do you honestly not realize that there's A LOT more to coaching than setting a lineup and using timeouts? Really?
Have you think about that maybe, just maybe its our GM who puts this good team to have a chance to play in the final? Do you realized how deep this team is? We lost Samuelsson, Malhotra, and a lot of players during the season due to injury and we still have the best lineup in the NHL. I give credits to Gillis, but not AV. Hell, AV didn't even want to use the best line up possible by benching Ballard, I cannot insist enough that only a mental would make that choice. Rome is not just a regular #6 defenseman, i saw him in powerplay, penalty kill and the last few minutes of the game when we have superior players on the bench. I seriously don't think AV is helping this team to achieve its full potential, we just win in spite of him in a lot of games.

And I agree that we need to win for Manny, to have him play in at least one of the final would be great, but I don't think that is possible, sadly.

Last edited by Vancouver_2010: 05-26-2011 at 05:22 PM.
Old
05-26-2011, 05:08 PM
Diamonddog01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Running Riot View Post
Is Samuelsson for sure out for the Finals?
yeah, he had surgery for a hernia and a tear of some sort after he exacerbated it during the Nashville series.

Old
05-26-2011, 05:08 PM
Vancouver_2010
Go Canucks & Oilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowkey View Post
What would the Sedins have to do to impress you?
I am sorry for being off-topic, we can talk about the Sedins in the appropriate thread.

Old
05-26-2011, 05:44 PM
The Big Foot

Quote:

I think you'de be happier cheering for a team like the Oilers or Leafs that never win - all the success seems to just go right over your head anyways.

Old
05-26-2011, 06:56 PM
Anodyne

No need to worry about Kesler.

VanCanucks Vancouver Canucks
"I had to go call my wife, I thought I left the iron on" Ryan Kesler on leaving briefly during Game 5 vs. SJ. #Canucks

Old
05-26-2011, 07:05 PM
xtr3m

And even if it was something serious...

@dcmahiban
Bieksa on Kesler leaving GM 5 “I’m sure if it was something serious, they would’ve just cut it off and put a prosthetic on” #StanleyCup

Old
05-26-2011, 07:28 PM
Lard_Lad

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtr3m View Post
And even if it was something serious...

@dcmahiban
Bieksa on Kesler leaving GM 5 “I’m sure if it was something serious, they would’ve just cut it off and put a prosthetic on” #StanleyCup
Wonder if he offered the same advice to Sami last year?

Old
05-26-2011, 07:55 PM
ChemicalHansen

Send a message via Skype™ to ChemicalHansen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lard_Lad View Post
Wonder if he offered the same advice to Sami last year?
Wouldn't these guys have offered more suitable advice for Sami?

Old
05-26-2011, 07:56 PM
EskemoJoe

I kind of understand why AV does not dress a Ballard Ehrhoff pairing. They both need to be paired with a stay at home guy like Hammer, otherwise im fairly sure we would end up with a 5-0-0 forecheck going.

Old
05-26-2011, 08:03 PM
monster_bertuzzi

^That is easily taken care of by pairing Ballie with Salo and go back to Edler-Ehrhoff. But I guess AV wil go with a career AHL'er over a top 3/top 4 guy who is invited to team USA's camps every year. \

I realy hope AV doesnt make it hard on himself by given plugs like Rome/Glass/Bolduc a big role..

Old
05-26-2011, 08:07 PM
xtr3m

So AV was told a minute after Kesler left the ice "don't worry, he will be back."

Can't be that bad.

Old
05-26-2011, 08:39 PM
ZyggZagg

It will be really awful if Tanev doesn't play a game in the finals and we win (assuming we do win). With our injuries on the back end, he was definitely important to the team this year. Petitioning to get his name on the cup would be nice, but it still wouldn't give him a nice shiny ring...

Old
05-26-2011, 09:01 PM
Hammman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZyggZagg View Post
It will be really awful if Tanev doesn't play a game in the finals and we win (assuming we do win). With our injuries on the back end, he was definitely important to the team this year. Petitioning to get his name on the cup would be nice, but it still wouldn't give him a nice shiny ring...
The team gives rings to whomever it wants.

Old
05-26-2011, 09:14 PM
xtr3m

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZyggZagg View Post
I don't think it's that bad. He's only 21 and will have his chance. The team's immediate future is quite bright, too (<3 Gillis).

Old
05-26-2011, 09:21 PM
ZyggZagg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammman View Post
Really? I recall reading here that the team could petition to have someone's name put on the cup, but they won't be given a ring. Are you suggesting that not everything I read on HFBoards is fact? Sir, this offends me.

Old
05-26-2011, 09:27 PM
eli J
Claw Machine broke

Send a message via AIM to eli J
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammman View Post
Pretty sure I've been on this wagon since, like, January, think I could get one?

Old
05-26-2011, 09:41 PM
ddawg1950

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtr3m View Post
So AV was told a minute after Kesler left the ice "don't worry, he will be back."

Can't be that bad.
I had a major cramp playing football in high school (back when drinking water was considered a sign of weakness) and felt it for about three days after.

Closed Thread