HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canucks Injury Thread - Mason Raymond's Career in Jeopardy?

Closed Thread

Old
06-16-2011, 04:56 PM
Samzilla

vCash: 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailbait View Post
I'm pretty sure any concussion that involved unconsciousness for a prolonged period of time (like Horton's) is considered severe.

Also, a concussion /= post concussion syndrome.
Apparently length of unconsciousness isn't how concussion severity works. You've gotta get tested to find out the severity. My gf had to go to some clinic when she had one.

Old
06-16-2011, 05:24 PM
PG Canuck

vCash: 1512
Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetFoxes View Post
Kesler torn hip labrum + torn groin muscle
Edler 2 broken fingers, possible broken foot
Ehrhoff will need shoulder surgery
Hamhuis lower body injury (severity unknown)
Samuelsson sports hernia + adductor tendon surgery
Higgins broken foot
Malhotra eye injury
Raymond broken vertebrae

Anything missing?
Add the fact Henrik was/is injured and possibly even Daniel as well. Alberts also looked dinged up in Boston during Game 5.

Old
06-16-2011, 05:25 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Add the fact Henrik was/is injured and possibly even Daniel as well. Alberts also looked dinged up in Boston during Game 5.
Source?

06-16-2011, 05:32 PM
PG Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Source?
Speculation on my part on behalf of Alberts. I remember him grimmacing near the end of Game 5. Hank has to be injured without a doubt though.

Daniel and Hank didn't look at what we saw in the Reg. season and the Sharks series. Just saying, wouldn't be surprised if they were both hurt and playing this series. I really hope Hank is seriously hurt, so people can lay off of him.

Last edited by PG Canuck: 06-16-2011 at 05:45 PM.
Old
06-16-2011, 05:58 PM
thenextone

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaffiTorres View Post
Daniel and Hank didn't look at what we saw in the Reg. season and the Sharks series. Just saying, wouldn't be surprised if they were both hurt and playing this series. I really hope Hank is seriously hurt, so people can lay off of him.
even if he was he won't admit it.

Old
06-16-2011, 06:08 PM
RandV
It's a wolf v2.0

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenextone View Post
even if he was he won't admit it.
Yeah it's kind of a shame. The way he'd uncharacteristically go down when taking cross checks to the chest through these playoffs has me suspecting something was up.

Old
06-16-2011, 06:15 PM
EskemoJoe

Hank was just so weak on the puck and he kept stumbling for no apparent reason.

Old
06-16-2011, 06:50 PM
PG Canuck

Well, if it means anything, Seidenberg was slashing Hank's ankles all series long. Maybe he had a previous ankle injury? Or that's just a spot where Seidenberg was targeting to weaken him more.

I'm sure Hank's injury will surface soon.

Old
06-16-2011, 08:59 PM
Tb0ne

Send a message via MSN to Tb0ne
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Kesler tear his hip labrum back in the 2007 season as well?

Old
06-16-2011, 09:04 PM
Lard_Lad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tb0ne View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Kesler tear his hip labrum back in the 2007 season as well?
Yeah, looks like it was that, although it's not clear if it was the same side:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/playof...ory?id=2834145

Old
06-16-2011, 10:35 PM
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons

vCash: 250
Would like to see what injuries the Bruins had... likely not as many as ours. I was also interested to know what injuries the Hawks had last year too, but I don't even know if they released that info.

Old
06-16-2011, 10:39 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaffiTorres View Post
Speculation on my part on behalf of Alberts. I remember him grimmacing near the end of Game 5. Hank has to be injured without a doubt though.

I'm sorry but I really am against coming up with injury excuses for players who didn't play well. Whether it's someone who should be leading this team, or a bottom pairing defenseman.

Old
06-16-2011, 10:52 PM
Tb0ne

Send a message via MSN to Tb0ne
Quote:
I'm sorry but I really am against coming up with injury excuses for players who didn't play well. Whether it's someone who should be leading this team, or a bottom pairing defenseman.
Why can't we just have a rational discussion that considers a players performance with considerations to injuries, linemates, matchups, luck, effort, goaltending etc? why should we count anything out? that doesn't mean anything should be excused, we just have to look at the facts. i.e. If we don't consider a torn labrum when evaluating Kesler's lack of production against Boston then we almost have to question his lack of hustle. Thankfully most fans realise that injuries are indeed a factor and that Kesler's injury prevented him from having a larger impact against Boston.

Old
06-16-2011, 10:57 PM
Sedinery2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tb0ne View Post
Why can't we just have a rational discussion that considers a players performance with considerations to injuries, linemates, matchups, luck, effort, goaltending etc? why should we count anything out? that doesn't mean anything should be excused, we just have to look at the facts. i.e. If we don't consider a torn labrum when evaluating Kesler's lack of production against Boston then we almost have to question his lack of hustle. Thankfully most fans realise that injuries are indeed a factor and that Kesler's injury prevented him from having a larger impact against Boston.
Totally agree.
I'm tired of all these armchair blowhards who keep saying 'injuries are no excuse' ...really...so Edler playing with broken fingers isnt a legit reason for him losing puck battles constantly and having nothing behind his shots?...some people are ****in retarded.

Old
06-16-2011, 10:57 PM
Momesso

It just goes to show, you can't just win by playing your game. You have to specifically target the other teams key players who can be taken out or injured, and go for their wrists, fingers, knees and ankles in a big way.

You'll have to kill some penalties, but by the end of the 7 games, they'll be toast.

It's exactly what they did to us. And what we didn't do to them but should have.

It's the league we have today.

Old
06-16-2011, 11:29 PM
CloutierForVezina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momesso View Post
It just goes to show, you can't just win by playing your game. You have to specifically target the other teams key players who can be taken out or injured, and go for their wrists, fingers, knees and ankles in a big way.

You'll have to kill some penalties, but by the end of the 7 games, they'll be toast.

It's exactly what they did to us. And what we didn't do to them but should have.

I think that was one of our biggest problems in the final - we did not make them pay for their transgressions. I think a few early power play goals in the series would have quickly changed the complexion of the series. You make them go down by a goal every time they want to hack and slash your star players and they quickly start thinking twice about if it's really worth it to get that extra slash in.

The Canucks made their opponents pay in each of the previous series, but not against Boston.

Old
06-17-2011, 12:02 AM
neelynugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanuck View Post
Would like to see what injuries the Bruins had... likely not as many as ours.
no question the bruins took advantage of good fortune when it came to health. penguins were missing crosby/malkin, and got bounced in round 1. montreal was missing markov and gorges. flyers lost pronger. tampa had no kubina. vancouver had several key injuries, mainly kesler, hamhuis and edler.

the bruins lost chara for 1 game, bergeron for 2, mcquaid for 1 or 2 (can't remember), and horton for the last 4/5 games. but the only guy who appeared to be playing injured was lucic (foot and probably other things)...and someone said krejci had a busted shoulder, but i only noticed him laboring in the montreal series. overall, that's probably considered very healthy for a cup run...and clearly a big reason they won.

Old
06-17-2011, 12:08 AM
JamesBond*

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs View Post
no question the bruins took advantage of good fortune when it came to health. penguins were missing crosby/malkin, and got bounced in round 1. montreal was missing markov and gorges. flyers lost pronger. tampa had no kubina. vancouver had several key injuries, mainly kesler, hamhuis and edler.

the bruins lost chara for 1 game, bergeron for 2, mcquaid for 1 or 2 (can't remember), and horton for the last 4/5 games. but the only guy who appeared to be playing injured was lucic (foot and probably other things)...and someone said krejci had a busted shoulder, but i only noticed him laboring in the montreal series. overall, that's probably considered very healthy for a cup run...and clearly a big reason they won.
Mike Babpenis was on the radio prior to the SCF game. He said that the biggest determinant of success in the playoffs amongst top end teams is injuries. He said they have directly cost him 2 cups, in his opinion.

Old
06-17-2011, 12:23 AM
PG Canuck

Quote:
You're telling me injuries don't ever effect players play during a series? Really?

You really think Kesler was at his best this series? No, not at all. Know why? Torn groin, AND his hip libaum. If anything, I think the fans should appreciate what players do for fans like us. Edler, broken fingers, and his hand is mangled, and you say injuries didn't play a factor in his game? Higgins had a broken foot, think he could forecheck like he could before?

Injuries killed us, and they can be used as an excuse because they caught up with us big time. But it's not a reason I look at when we had the Cup in our grasp. Crap happens, and injuries hurt us big time, what can you do? I'll tell you, be happy these players played for the fans. We're lucky to have warriors like Kesler, Higgins, Edler, etc etc etc battling through injuries looking for the ultimate prize.

How someone can say injuries shouldn't effect a players play, is quite laughable to me.

Old
06-17-2011, 12:26 AM
Placebo Effect

It's precisely why the Stanley Cup is so hard to win. It's not always the better team that wins. Chicago was blessed with a dominant team AND health last season. If a freak injury happened to Keith and Toews are they the Champions? Possibly but that's no guarantee.

I'm not blaming health though, Boston was the better team IN THIS SERIES.

Old
06-17-2011, 12:33 AM
Sedinery2011

The main thing that bothered me about the final is that not enough of our boys went down swinging...what Hansen did in game 7 the entire team should have been doing since game 3. If you're gonna lose by a blowout you gotta take your pound of flesh from the other team...make them pay a serious price for winning the game. This team got pummeled in Boston and skated away without retaliation way too many times. This series was lost in the beatings the team took in the three Boston games when they got the score run up on them and then got goon'd on for 60 minutes. The team's "turn the other cheek" philosophy quite possibly lost them the series.

Old
06-17-2011, 12:51 AM
Reverend Mayhem
Freeway's closed man

vCash: 940
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
I have to agree. I can understand sluggishness or unwillingness to get real dirty like the B's did, but the chances we had; my injury isn't exactly what would be on my mind when I'm staring at an open net with the puck.

Old
06-17-2011, 12:58 AM
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momesso View Post

Indeed it's the kind of league we have today, which explains all the BS that was going on after the whistle, behind the play etc and all the crap in the media about us being whiners and divers and s**t. At the end of the day, you have to play a little bit dirty (or a lot, maybe) to win it all, as unfair as it feels. I doubt any team has ever won without some blood on their hands. But to turn back the clock to the style of hockey in the 70's was just too far. Whatever happened to all the post-lockout changes that were supposed to revitalize the game again? ****** the NHL.

Old
06-17-2011, 01:05 AM
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs View Post

Yep, luck with regards to injuries does play a major part in who wins, and the Canucks did not have much of that, missing Samuelsson, Hamhuis and Raymond and suffering major injuries to other key players. But it is what it is... I just wish we could have that same luck for an entire run too.

Old
06-17-2011, 01:26 AM
Canucker

What I'd like to know is how Salo made it out alive and unharmed?

Closed Thread