HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canucks Injury Thread - Mason Raymond's Career in Jeopardy?

Closed Thread

Old
08-21-2011, 01:51 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

vCash: 696
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Raymond's back is feeling good, he expects to be rehabbing it during training camp and it looks like the November/December projections are accurate.

08-22-2011, 01:46 PM
Crows*

vCash: 500
In Keslers interview he says he's optimistic he will be ready for the opener.

Old
08-22-2011, 02:31 PM
Diamonddog01

Does anyone know what's going on with Malhotra? I remember reading he would need a few more follow-up surgeries in the offseason.

Also have heard his vision will never be the same, or that it may return to 80-90% of what it once was...

Old
08-22-2011, 02:34 PM
LiquidSnake*
Agent of Chaos...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crows View Post
In Keslers interview he says he's optimistic he will be ready for the opener.
I hope he doesnt rush it.

Old
08-22-2011, 02:35 PM
LiquidSnake*
Agent of Chaos...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamonddog01 View Post
Does anyone know what's going on with Malhotra? I remember reading he would need a few more follow-up surgeries in the offseason.

Also have heard his vision will never be the same, or that it may return to 80-90% of what it once was...
The only thing I recall is that they were saying he had 1 final procedure left in the offseason.

I'm guessing he's ready for the season

Old
08-22-2011, 02:49 PM
Fictional Realism
Moustache Power

vCash: 894
Has Henrik had his surgery yet?

Old
08-22-2011, 03:05 PM
Jevo

Was he ever supposed to?

Old
08-22-2011, 03:46 PM
Wetcoaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Lou View Post
Has Henrik had his surgery yet?
I never read that Henrik was scheduled for surgery just that he had tweaked something in training and was resting it.

Old
08-22-2011, 03:52 PM
Wisp

the over reaction to that swedish article is by far the most accidentally hilarious part of my summer.

Old
08-22-2011, 04:22 PM
Fictional Realism
Moustache Power

vCash: 894
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetcoaster View Post
I never read that Henrik was scheduled for surgery just that he had tweaked something in training and was resting it.
Hrm, my bad.

I thought I recall hearing he would now need surgery on it...hip or whatever it was.

Old
08-22-2011, 05:37 PM
Luck 6
\\_______

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Lou View Post
Hrm, my bad.

I thought I recall hearing he would now need surgery on it...hip or whatever it was.
Naw, it was just minor.

Old
08-22-2011, 10:19 PM
Wetcoaster

The Ryan Kelser interview with Joey Kenward is up on Canucks.com where he discusses his injury and rehab, Rick Rypien and the Canucks' chances this season. It takes place at the rink in Livonia, Michigan where Kesler began his minor hockey career.

http://video.canucks.nhl.com/videoce...id=DL|VAN|home

Here is the Vancouver Sun story where he says he wants to be back for the season opener.
http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/C...080/story.html

Old
08-22-2011, 11:08 PM
mrmyheadhurts
Registered Loser

vCash: 50
I really don't get the rushing, I hope the Canucks make sure he's 100% before he plays a game.

Old
08-23-2011, 12:51 AM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 178
While I am somewhat concerned he may he rushing it. I love the motivation. If Raymond and Sammy play up to their skill level this season I think Kesler will surpass his career high.

Old
08-23-2011, 08:57 AM
Luck 6
\\_______

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne View Post
While I am somewhat concerned he may he rushing it. I love the motivation. If Raymond and Sammy play up to their skill level this season I think Kesler will surpass his career high.
I don't think it's any surprise that Raymond and Samuelssons goal totals were down in a year that Keslers was way up. We essentially have 3 shooters on a line together, you can really only take so many shots. It's possible Kesler surpases a career high if Raymond and Samuelsson pot 20+ goals each again and Kesler grabs some extra assists, but I dunno, I still think the guy needs a playmaker.

Old
08-23-2011, 03:29 PM
YogiCanucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck 6 View Post
I don't think it's any surprise that Raymond and Samuelssons goal totals were down in a year that Keslers was way up. We essentially have 3 shooters on a line together, you can really only take so many shots. It's possible Kesler surpases a career high if Raymond and Samuelsson pot 20+ goals each again and Kesler grabs some extra assists, but I dunno, I still think the guy needs a playmaker.
Numbers aside, in my opinion both Raymond and Samuelsson's player dropped off from previous years. While what you say may in fact be true, I have to believe that if their play picks up to what their standards are everyone on that line will start piling up the benefits.

Also Raymond isn't exactly a shooter. It's hard to tell really what he is these days other than the turn over machine but in all seriousness when Raymond is on his game he's making quick shifts along the end boards, possessing the puck and dishing it off as the play develops.

Old
08-29-2011, 09:52 PM
metric

Quote:
It was obvious Alex Edler wasn’t himself in the Vancouver Canucks’ 4-0 loss to Boston in Game 7 of the Stanley Cup final last June.

Once the game was over and the Bruins had taken the Stanley Cup back to Beantown, Edler revealed why: He’d had two fingers broken in the third period of Game 6 in Boston.

It was so bad he couldn’t hold his stick properly and dropped it more than once.

On Monday, he revealed further information: One of his fingers hasn’t yet healed, despite 11 weeks having ensued.

“My finger is still healing,” the defenceman said. “They say it’s going to heal, I just have to give it time.”
http://www.theprovince.com/Canucks+E...#ixzz1WTcwBVeo

Old
08-29-2011, 11:13 PM
Wetcoaster

I suppose we can add Edler to the list of players who could be possibly be hobbled for training camp and maybe the beginning of the season.

Raymond is definitely on the shelf for the beginning of the regular season it seems and according the Iain MacIntyre of the Vancouver Sun it could also include Kesler and Hamhuis.
Canucks Mason Raymond [back], Dan Hamhuis [abdominal] and Ryan Kesler [hip] could all miss the start of the upcoming season.
http://www.vancouversun.com/news/For...#ixzz1WTxQAUAk

Old
08-29-2011, 11:27 PM
mrmyheadhurts
Registered Loser

Quote:
I suppose we can add Edler to the list of players who could be possibly be hobbled for training camp and maybe the beginning of the season.

Raymond is definitely on the shelf for the beginning of the regular season it seems and according the Iain MacIntyre of the Vancouver Sun it could also include Kesler and Hamhuis.
Canucks Mason Raymond [back], Dan Hamhuis [abdominal] and Ryan Kesler [hip] could all miss the start of the upcoming season.
http://www.vancouversun.com/news/For...#ixzz1WTxQAUAk
Not much of a surprise there, Hamhuis is the only one of the group that I thought had a chance at starting the season but better safe than sorry.

Old
08-30-2011, 10:50 PM
Wetcoaster

Samelsson is feeling strong after his abductor-tendon and sports-hernia surgery and is able to makes tights turns and stops and starts without pain.
“First of all, every time you step onto the ice for the first time in summer, you feel stiff,” the 34-year-old said after a well-paced two-hour skate Monday at a local rink. “It doesn't feel any worse, any different, from the other years, so that's a good sign.

“I feel stronger in the area I had surgery on.”
“I've rehabbed pretty well every day this summer,” he said. “That's what I have to do if I want to come back in the best shape ever.”
http://www.theprovince.com/sports/Sa...#ixzz1WZi0dsCI

Old
08-30-2011, 11:20 PM
ddawg1950

Quote:
Samelsson is feeling strong after his abductor-tendon and sports-hernia surgery and is able to makes tights turns and stops and starts without pain.
“First of all, every time you step onto the ice for the first time in summer, you feel stiff,” the 34-year-old said after a well-paced two-hour skate Monday at a local rink. “It doesn't feel any worse, any different, from the other years, so that's a good sign.

“I feel stronger in the area I had surgery on.”
“I've rehabbed pretty well every day this summer,” he said. “That's what I have to do if I want to come back in the best shape ever.”
http://www.theprovince.com/sports/Sa...#ixzz1WZi0dsCI
The right Sammy could really help this team...particularly as we recover from last spring's run.

Old
08-31-2011, 04:42 AM
EskemoJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddawg1950 View Post
The right Sammy could really help this team...particularly as we recover from last spring's run.
For sure, a very underrated player who doesn't always get the credit he deserves due to his sometimes questionable work ethic imo.

Old
09-01-2011, 03:11 AM
OgoBoHo
FIRE BENNING

vCash: 53
I can see the start to the season being a forgettable one if we if don't have a near healthy lineup.

Old
09-01-2011, 04:12 AM
vanuck
#Gaunce4GM

^ Not really worried about the start, but the finish to it...

Old
09-06-2011, 03:51 PM
biturbo19

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmyheadhurts View Post
I really don't get the rushing, I hope the Canucks make sure he's 100% before he plays a game.
Exactly. I appreciate the competetive spirit and the determination there, but the LAST thing this team needs, is to have Kesler nagged by the injury all season long because he rushed something. I really hope they take care to make sure he's fully recovered before he jumps back into the lineup. It could be one of those situations like we've had with Luongo where he seemingly planned to start every game of the season, and often came pretty close...until management and staff came together and drew a line in the sand, showing Luongo that what's best for everyone in the long run, is to share the workload around and be rested for the playoffs. Or obviously in the case of Kesler, hopefully they make it clear to him that in the long run, a healthy and (relatively) rested Kesler is worth a million times more than the few possible points it may cost the team not having him in the lineup opening night.

Closed Thread