HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers/Flyers Winter Classic

Closed Thread

Old
05-15-2011, 02:09 PM
Megustaelhockey
Global Moderator
Hybrid icing

vCash: 500
Just don't do anything crazy!

I'd be ok with the Esposito jerseys, but nothing crazier than that. Why not wear the heritage ones from this past season and make the Flyers wear white?

Old
05-15-2011, 02:21 PM
GregNYR19
agitator

Send a message via AIM to GregNYR19
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love Rebecca Black View Post
While I'm happy we are getting the chance to take part in the WC, I honestly think I am more excited about the possibility of being on 24/7.

If we though Boudreau curses like crazy, I can't wait for them to show Torts after the Rangers forget to show up one game
u must not watch behind the bench with torts...he talked about 24/7 on the show and he said he feels the locker rooms are private. he also says he does not address the team after a win or loss

Old
05-15-2011, 03:01 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragshockey88 View Post
u must not watch behind the bench with torts...he talked about 24/7 on the show and he said he feels the locker rooms are private. he also says he does not address the team after a win or loss
No I did not watch that show.

Hopefully he will allow HBO to do the series though. Would love to see some of the Ranger's personalities.

05-15-2011, 03:37 PM
JVR21
Sexy Hexy

vCash: 50
Quote:
No I did not watch that show.

Hopefully he will allow HBO to do the series though. Would love to see some of the Ranger's personalities.
Bettman said that if a team didn't want to be a part of 24/7 then it wouldn't be in the Winter Classic.

Old
05-15-2011, 03:51 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVR21 View Post
Bettman said that if a team didn't want to be a part of 24/7 then it wouldn't be in the Winter Classic.
Alright good to know, thanks for the heads up.

Old
05-15-2011, 04:22 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Here's the seating and pricing charts from previous Winter Classics.

2008 - Ralph Wilson Stadium in Buffalo.

2009 - Wrigley Field in Chicago.

2010 - Fenway Park in Boston (Couldn't find an image.)

https://bostonbruins.dncinc.com/lock...ing_fenway.pdf

2011 - Heinz Field in Pittsburgh.

As you can tell, tickets aren't gonna be cheap.

Old
05-15-2011, 04:36 PM
bubba5

yup, Gary B preached how the lockout was for the fans and to save them money. Ticket prices have almost doubled since then, and if you want nose bleeds for the winter classic you still will be forking over a ton of cash.

Old
05-15-2011, 04:37 PM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
Any chance the game could be moved to Lincoln Financial Field if there is an NFL lockout? I fear that such a small venue will have prices similar to Wrigley field, I like the prices at Heinz Field alot better...

05-15-2011, 04:44 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
Any chance the game could be moved to Lincoln Financial Field if there is an NFL lockout? I fear that such a small venue will have prices similar to Wrigley field, I like the prices at Heinz Field alot better...
I doubt it because even if there is a lockout, and it's determined early enough there will be a lockout so that the NHL could change their venue they still wouldn't do it on the off chance that the labor dispute ends and the Eagles need the stadium again.

The only way I see it possibly happening is if before the NHL season it is already determined that it will be impossible to play football this year, and even that seems unfathomable.

Old
05-15-2011, 04:56 PM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

Quote:
I doubt it because even if there is a lockout, and it's determined early enough there will be a lockout so that the NHL could change their venue they still wouldn't do it on the off chance that the labor dispute ends and the Eagles need the stadium again.

The only way I see it possibly happening is if before the NHL season it is already determined that it will be impossible to play football this year, and even that seems unfathomable.
Well, it doesn't matter the price...I will be there. I am just hoping NYR season ticket holders get some kind of priority over the public so I can choose my seats/price range for face value.

Old
05-15-2011, 05:02 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Well, it doesn't matter the price...I will be there. I am just hoping NYR season ticket holders get some kind of priority over the public so I can choose my seats/price range for face value.
I just don't see how the Rangers season ticket holders are going to get any priority over anything when it's an away game.

That's basically what it is--an away game that happens to be outdoors. And in away games Rangers STH's don't get and priority over the hometown crowd.

I don't think they'd do anything special to try to accommodate Ranger fans.

Old
05-15-2011, 05:05 PM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

Quote:
I just don't see how the Rangers season ticket holders are going to get any priority over anything when it's an away game.

That's basically what it is--an away game that happens to be outdoors. And in away games Rangers STH's don't get and priority over the hometown crowd.

I thought I remember reading away season ticket holder fans got a pre-sale opportunity for past Winter Classics.

Old
05-15-2011, 05:08 PM
PassShootScore
208 Row 18

Quote:

Last year the NHL gave the Caps 30,000 tickets and if u remember correctly the caps season tickets holder where allowed to buy as many tickets as they have seats at the version center

Old
05-15-2011, 05:08 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
I thought I remember reading away season ticket holder fans got a pre-sale opportunity for past Winter Classics.
Last year, Capitals STH's got to buy as many tickets as they had on their account. Heinz Field fits a lot more than Citizens Bank Park does though so it'll be different this year. Rangers STH's will have some shot before the public does at the very least though.

http://capitals.nhl.com/v2/ext/Winte...TH_FAQ-JVS.pdf

Old
05-15-2011, 05:18 PM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

We don't need 30,000 tickets, how many season ticket holders do we have? Maybe 8,000? That's about 16,000 seats we would need. How much to CBP hold?

Old
05-15-2011, 05:25 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
We don't need 30,000 tickets, how many season ticket holders do we have? Maybe 8,000? That's about 16,000 seats we would need. How much to CBP hold?
43,647, 46,528 with standing room. Gotta factor in Flyers STH's getting tickets as well as tickets that go to the Phillies and tickets put to the side for youth hockey, individuals etc.

Old
05-15-2011, 05:26 PM
Groot
I am Groot.

Quote:
About 43000 I think.

Old
05-15-2011, 08:17 PM
JVR21
Sexy Hexy

Quote:
An extra few bucks is worth the atmosphere at Citizens bank Park.

Side note: I didn't realize the nosebleeds were so expensive. I wouldn't mind picking up a few tickets in the lower sections for cheap and then finding a place to stand with a better view.

Last edited by JVR21: 05-15-2011 at 08:25 PM.
Old
05-15-2011, 08:22 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

I have been to CBP about 3-4 times.

It's usually a great atmosphere and the sightlines are great. The only issues I have is sitting alone the 3rd base and 1st base line upper deck. You can't really see into the corner of the field, but I don't see that as a problem with a hockey game.

It is a very nice stadium, and it should be a great atmosphere for a hockey game.

With that said it still can't compete with a game at Yankee Stadium.

Old
05-15-2011, 08:30 PM
JVR21
Sexy Hexy

Quote:
I have been to CBP about 3-4 times.

It's usually a great atmosphere and the sightlines are great. The only issues I have is sitting alone the 3rd base and 1st base line upper deck. You can't really see into the corner of the field, but I don't see that as a problem with a hockey game.

It is a very nice stadium, and it should be a great atmosphere for a hockey game.

With that said it still can't compete with a game at Yankee Stadium.
How can't it compete? Yankee Stadium holds history even though it's brand new, but the stadium itself is pretty boring. CBP is one of the most fan friendly I've seen.

Old
05-15-2011, 08:33 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
How can't it compete? Yankee Stadium holds history even though it's brand new, but the stadium itself is pretty boring. CBP is one of the most fan friendly I've seen.
Agreed, it is very fan friendly.

But as you eluded to, in terms of making the WC a grand event, no stadium imo can really compete with the history and grandeur of Yankee Stadium.

The name alone makes it a banner event, and even though it's a new stadium just the words "Yankee Stadium" exmplifies an atmosphere and event that is grandiose.

Don't get me wrong, I really like CBP, but if the WC is supposed to be a true "spectacle" I just don't see how any stadium can compete with the name associated with Yankee Stadium.

Old
05-15-2011, 08:43 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Went to CBP for a Mets - Phillies game a couple of years ago and really liked the park. Really cozy and has a good atmosphere like you guys said. Very similar to Citi Field too although most of the new parks are like that.

For a hockey game, CBP would be better sightlines and atmosphere wise but Yankee Stadium has the name. Went to Yankee Stadium once for the Pinstripe Bowl and was really impressed with the stadium but it was almost too big.

Old
05-15-2011, 08:52 PM
JVR21
Sexy Hexy

Quote:
Agreed, it is very fan friendly.

But as you eluded to, in terms of making the WC a grand event, no stadium imo can really compete with the history and grandeur of Yankee Stadium.

The name alone makes it a banner event, and even though it's a new stadium just the words "Yankee Stadium" exmplifies an atmosphere and event that is grandiose.

Don't get me wrong, I really like CBP, but if the WC is supposed to be a true "spectacle" I just don't see how any stadium can compete with the name associated with Yankee Stadium.
All true. NBC would have a field day advertising for Yankee Stadium. Also, like others have mentioned, it has more seats than CBP. Of course, one of the reasons CBP has less seats is because they wanted it to be fan friendly with easy navigation around the stadium with good standing room sight lines, but that's irrelevant. All in all, I'd say it's a better experience for the fan at CBP, but NBC/NHL would be more successful at YS.

Old
05-15-2011, 08:57 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
All true. NBC would have a field day advertising for Yankee Stadium. Also, like others have mentioned, it has more seats than CBP. Of course, one of the reasons CBP has less seats is because they wanted it to be fan friendly with easy navigation around the stadium with good standing room sight lines, but that's irrelevant. All in all, I'd say it's a better experience for the fan at CBP, but NBC/NHL would be more successful at YS.
Agreed.

Old
05-16-2011, 07:11 AM
patnyrnyg

These games should be played in football stadiums. Move it to Penn St, or even Franklin Field if you want it in the city. Seats over 50,000 is an historical field. Or, move the game to the weekend after the Super Bowl so you know the football stadiums will be available.

Closed Thread