HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011 NHL Entry Draft/Other Prospects (All NON-RANGERS Prospect Discussion - Part 3) ‎

Closed Thread

Old
06-03-2011, 05:07 PM
Dredden
JT Miller

vCash: 500
Flyers lost the rights to their top prospect, Joacim Eriksson who is a goalie. Flyer fans have been saying hes been progressing well and has #1 goalie potential. Sather should sign this guy.

Old
06-03-2011, 05:15 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Last year I had Johansen as my riser and this year it was McNeil

Conservative estimate would be #9-#12.
If McNeill goes that high, then someone is dropping.

Scheifele?

Don't think it will be Zibanejad.

I think Scheifele MIGHT be there at 15. I hope he would be the pick, then.

Old
06-03-2011, 05:18 PM
Cawlidge Hawkey
NCAA ** Juniors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredden View Post
Flyers lost the rights to their top prospect, Joacim Eriksson who is a goalie. Flyer fans have been saying hes been progressing well and has #1 goalie potential. Sather should sign this guy.
I hope to God that he does. He is a great prospect and would fill a hole in our prospect pool.

Old
06-03-2011, 05:35 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
If McNeill goes that high, then someone is dropping.

Scheifele?

Don't think it will be Zibanejad.

I think Scheifele MIGHT be there at 15. I hope he would be the pick, then.
Bartschi, Armia, Scheifele could fall if all the top Dmen and McNeil go ahead of us.

Old
06-03-2011, 05:50 PM
DrSutton*
Given Up

if the rangers aren't going to trade their pick in a package for some NHL talent then I think we need to move up, try to grab Strome, McNeil or a free-falling Courturier (if that happens)

Old
06-03-2011, 06:18 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Bartschi, Armia, Scheifele could fall if all the top Dmen and McNeil go ahead of us.
I'd take Scheifele.

Old
06-03-2011, 06:18 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSutton View Post
if the rangers aren't going to trade their pick in a package for some NHL talent then I think we need to move up, try to grab Strome, McNeil or a free-falling Courturier (if that happens)
Why would Couturier fall?

Old
06-03-2011, 06:21 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Fine with me...I wonder if Strome is another one who potentially falls if there's a run on D-men.

Old
06-03-2011, 07:04 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Mika Zibanejad took part in the NHL Combine today and I just saw an interview of him on NHL.com Looks like a pretty cool kid and from what I've heard about him, if he fell to 15, the Rangers would be stupid not to take him. He's Swedish too

Old
06-03-2011, 07:08 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

<---- Yes, love Zibanejad.

But he won't fall to #15.

I'm hoping we trade up, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident View Post
Mika Zibanejad took part in the NHL Combine today and I just saw an interview of him on NHL.com Looks like a pretty cool kid and from what I've heard about him, if he fell to 15, the Rangers would be stupid not to take him. He's Swedish too

Old
06-03-2011, 07:13 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
<---- Yes, love Zibanejad.

But he won't fall to #15.

I'm hoping we trade up, though.
haha I've seen your motto for a while and I didn't really give him much thought. The kid looks like a cool guy (not why we should draft him lol) and he is another Swede which the Rangers love. I wouldn't be surprised to see them trade up to get him.

I really like him now for some reason haha

Old
06-03-2011, 07:18 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

haha something about him reminds me of Jake Gyllenhaal lmao... google image him and you'll see what i mean. he kind of looks like him.

Old
06-03-2011, 07:27 PM
Chalfdiggity3

What would you think about drafting a guy like Puempel at #15...

Born January 24, 1993...6'0", 190 pounds...Left Hand Shot...Ranked 28th in Central Scouting Final Rankings, moving up from 29th at Mid-Term...6th overall pick in the 2009 OHL Priority Draft...won the 2009-10 CHL Rookie of the Year award after scoring 33 goals and 64 points in 59 games for a bad Peterborough team...scored 34 goals in 55 games before season ending hip surgery...was on pace for 42 goals and 85 points in 68 games...had little offensive support in Peterborough both years, seeing opposing teams' top checking lines night in and night out...season ending surgery entailed removing a chip in his hip bone which was calling a fluid build up...likely will not participate in physical testing at Scouting Combine in June...Injury does not appear to be degenerative...Puempel's hands, shot, and scoring instincts are very comparable to 2010-11 NHL Rooke Of The Year Candidate Jeff Skinner...opportunistic scorer...possesses a heavy and accurate shot...will go into traffic and the dirty areas to score...average skater with a good stride, which should improve with more strength...maybe the most pure goal scorer in this year's Draft Class...has slender frame which requires more strength to succeed at NHL level...stuggles with inconsistency but is constantly a threat to find the scoresheet...is aware of the shortcomings in his game...defensively his game needs refining, but has been working on rounding out his game...good anticipation...lauded for his passion of the game and character...honor student...compete level has been criticized...can make his teammates better with skilled passes...not a very toolsy player...defensive instincts aren't as good as offensive hockey sense...Are his rankings more of him being off the radar because of surgery, or just because there are better players?

Old
06-03-2011, 07:38 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalfdiggity3 View Post

Born January 24, 1993...6'0", 190 pounds...Left Hand Shot...Ranked 28th in Central Scouting Final Rankings, moving up from 29th at Mid-Term...6th overall pick in the 2009 OHL Priority Draft...won the 2009-10 CHL Rookie of the Year award after scoring 33 goals and 64 points in 59 games for a bad Peterborough team...scored 34 goals in 55 games before season ending hip surgery...was on pace for 42 goals and 85 points in 68 games...had little offensive support in Peterborough both years, seeing opposing teams' top checking lines night in and night out...season ending surgery entailed removing a chip in his hip bone which was calling a fluid build up...likely will not participate in physical testing at Scouting Combine in June...Injury does not appear to be degenerative...Puempel's hands, shot, and scoring instincts are very comparable to 2010-11 NHL Rooke Of The Year Candidate Jeff Skinner...opportunistic scorer...possesses a heavy and accurate shot...will go into traffic and the dirty areas to score...average skater with a good stride, which should improve with more strength...maybe the most pure goal scorer in this year's Draft Class...has slender frame which requires more strength to succeed at NHL level...stuggles with inconsistency but is constantly a threat to find the scoresheet...is aware of the shortcomings in his game...defensively his game needs refining, but has been working on rounding out his game...good anticipation...lauded for his passion of the game and character...honor student...compete level has been criticized...can make his teammates better with skilled passes...not a very toolsy player...defensive instincts aren't as good as offensive hockey sense...Are his rankings more of him being off the radar because of surgery, or just because there are better players?
Both... There are definitely better players out there than Puempel and his injuries pose as a concern for teams. A bad hip is not something many teams are going to want. He is a risky pick definitely.

Old
06-03-2011, 08:16 PM
DrSutton*
Given Up

Quote:
Why would Couturier fall?
Why did Fowler fall?
Who knows what's gonna happen on draft day

Old
06-03-2011, 08:23 PM
Orr Nightmare

If McNeill is not there when we pick, we should trade down and try to get back into the 2nd round...everything I read states that after 8 or 9 picks it drops off and we can get an equal prospect @ 25 or a top prospect...hopefully a team has their eye on someone who falls into our slot.

Old
06-03-2011, 08:35 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Fine with me...I wonder if Strome is another one who potentially falls if there's a run on D-men.
Strome's a top 8 pick at the least, I'm sure of it. There will be a run on Dmen but thats gonna start once all the top forwards are taken. I'd say between 9 and 15 there will be 3 or 4 Dmen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident View Post
If he falls that far it'd be a small miracle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalfdiggity3 View Post
I wouldn't be too upset, but I think we can do better, MP seems like a one dimensional scorer and I think there are a few better players ahead of him that will be at #15.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSutton View Post
Why did Fowler fall?
Who knows what's gonna happen on draft day
Anything can happen, so many wildcards in this draft.

Old
06-04-2011, 06:50 AM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

hard to not be excited about this young swede.

good read

http://rangers.nhl.com/club/news.htm...id=DL|NYR|home

Old
06-04-2011, 06:53 AM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
Strome's a top 8 pick at the least, I'm sure of it. There will be a run on Dmen but thats gonna start once all the top forwards are taken. I'd say between 9 and 15 there will be 3 or 4 Dmen.

If he falls that far it'd be a small miracle.

I wouldn't be too upset, but I think we can do better, MP seems like a one dimensional scorer and I think there are a few better players ahead of him that will be at #15.

Anything can happen, so many wildcards in this draft.

matt is the best pure shooter in this draft. his hands are filthy and his shot is the best in this draft. hes lights out when hes got time and space.

trading down to get a 2nd or early 3rd and then ending up with the best sniper in this draft would not be the worst thing in the world.

Old
06-04-2011, 07:43 AM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
hard to not be excited about this young swede.

good read

http://rangers.nhl.com/club/news.htm...id=DL|NYR|home
Wow that was a great read. Fasth really looks to be surprising. Could he be the next Datsyuk?....

Old
06-04-2011, 09:49 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

At least 1 of the following should be available at #15
Mark Scheifele
Mark McNeill
JT Miller
Joel Armia

Zibanejad could be going #4 to Jersey.

Quote:
The draft is still 20 days away , but keep an eye on Rangers (No. 15), who just traded 2 2nd rounders for T. Erixon, possibly moving down.
https://twitter.com/#!/TGfireandice/...22073238724609

Quote:
Phoenix's Don Maloney also looking to move up from No. 20 by offering one of Coyotes' two 2nd rounders.
https://twitter.com/#!/TGfireandice/...21193324077056

Quote:
There's also a growing sentiment that there will be more players under contract traded for picks on draft day because cap is going up.
https://twitter.com/#!/TGfireandice/...23801635913729

Last edited by RangerBoy: 06-04-2011 at 09:57 AM.
Old
06-04-2011, 09:51 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Armia, Bartschi would both be good value at 15.

If we traded down, i'd take a flyer perhaps on Ty Rattie or Koko/Namestnikov

Perhaps if we're continuing in this swedish vein, we look at Rask?

06-04-2011, 09:54 AM
ocarina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
Armia, Bartschi would both be good value at 15.

If we traded down, i'd take a flyer perhaps on Ty Rattie or Koko/Namestnikov

Perhaps if we're continuing in this swedish vein, we look at Rask?
For Rask, I'd imagine we trade out of the first round entirely. Looks like a second rounder in this draft.

Old
06-04-2011, 09:54 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Phoenix has #51 and #56.

#15 for #20 and #51. It's not #50 because MTL got a comp pick for not signing David Fischer and the pick was traded to the Islanders in the James Wiesniewski trade.

Move down 5 spots and pick up a 2nd?

How big of a difference between #15 and #20?

Old
06-04-2011, 09:57 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Phoenix has #51 and #56.

#15 for #20 and #51. It's not #50 because MTL got a comp pick for not signing David Fischer and the pick was traded to the Islanders in the James Wiesniewski trade.

Move down 5 spots and pick up a 2nd?

How big of a difference between #15 and #20?
If it is true that the Rangers may move down, it suggests to me that they have a guy that they want and they believe he will be available well after 15.

With this draft being the way it is, if we're not landing a top 7 guy trading down is definitely the way to go, RB. All projects after that point.

Closed Thread