HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WCSF Game 7 | Det @ SJ | Part II

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-13-2011, 10:29 AM
  #576
ramstoria
Registered User
 
ramstoria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sacramento
Country: United States
Posts: 904
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rn277 View Post
for those who still have this on dvr go back and watch the mitchell slash with 5 minutes left.....yea, probably a penalty, but its amazing how long the ref delayed before putting his hand up

basically it went mitchell slashes, 3 red wings throw up their hands, then ref puts up his.....it wasnt going to get called until the red wings whined about it.....amazing....
yeah my fiance went off about the red wings players complaining until they got a penalty. it almost made me feel bad for my red wings fan buddy who was over.

ramstoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2011, 12:30 PM
  #577
Wedontneedroads
Registered User
 
Wedontneedroads's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: San Jose
Country: United States
Posts: 2,886
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazedZooChimp View Post
If Gary Bettman was actually at In 'N' Out after the game, I respect him much more than I used to
i swear it was him. i took a picture through the drive through window, but it came out terrible and blurry.

in hindsight i really REALLY wish i had taken a picture or video of him eating. the gifs would be amazing.

Wedontneedroads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2011, 12:53 PM
  #578
AstroDan
Stars, cars, guitars
 
AstroDan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NorCal
Country: United States
Posts: 2,175
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid_Roll View Post
I won't lie.

I didn't want you to win.

You're a better team then Detroit.

Detroit is more beat up then you.

If you beat us in the next round, then we officially claim sole right to biggest chokers in the NHL playoffs.

If you beat us, Wellwood gets his revenge on us.


But I'm happy you fans get to enjoy this win. I hope your team hurts itself celebrating though.

Congrats and see you guys on Sunday. I hope during the next 2 weeks I learn to hate 3 or 4 of your posters and stereotype you all as "one of those Shark fans." I hope to make fun of Marleau in an attempt to make him seem like more of a ***** playoff performer then Henrik Sedin. I hope to scream about Raffi Torres taking Dan Boyle's head off and being called 'classless' by your fans.Round 3. Bring it on.

You don't have to wait for Sunday, for that!
We're willing to call Torres classless right now!

AstroDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2011, 12:59 PM
  #579
67coach
Registered User
 
67coach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Detroit MI
Country: England
Posts: 900
vCash: 500
Congratulations

I know I am a little late but it took most of the day to get the taste out of my mouth. I thnik at the end of the day, the better team won and that is how it is supposed to be.

Best of luck against Vancouver, give em hell. (and watch out for all us Wings fans to suddenly become Tampa Bay fans because of Stevie Y).

67coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2011, 01:03 PM
  #580
Franchise13
Registered User
 
Franchise13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: San Francisco, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,651
vCash: 500
One of the best parts of the game was the extended handshake between Lids and TMac.

If Lids took a farewell lap in SJ, I'm fairly certain the ovation would've made Detroit fans proud. Hell of a player.

Franchise13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2011, 02:17 PM
  #581
Berto2k
Registered User
 
Berto2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,692
vCash: 500
So finally just now got all caught up on both GDT threads and rewatched the game on on-demand.

What an amazing night in the Tank! I lost half my voice yelling so much and my throat is still sore this morning. The noise levels weren't the loudest they have been this post season (like the 120db vs Kings) but it was the most consistent I've witnesses in person as it regularly hit 112-114.

For the last 1:20 of the game, the entire crowd was standing and yelling. Such a natural high educing environment. Then when Marleau cleared the last puck, it was nuts. Ended up going down to San Pedro Square after and every place was packed from Firehouse, O' Flaherty's, Peggy Sue's, Old Wagon, etc. An EPIC night!

In regards to the chants from the night, there was "Let's go Sha-arks", "Beat De-troit", "Hooowaaaard", and I think thats it.

Berto2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2011, 02:23 PM
  #582
Gilligans Island
Registered User
 
Gilligans Island's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SF/Bay Area
Posts: 7,991
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berto2k View Post
So finally just now got all caught up on both GDT threads and rewatched the game on on-demand.

What an amazing night in the Tank! I lost half my voice yelling so much and my throat is still sore this morning. The noise levels weren't the loudest they have been this post season (like the 120db vs Kings) but it was the most consistent I've witnesses in person as it regularly hit 112-114.

For the last 1:20 of the game, the entire crowd was standing and yelling. Such a natural high educing environment. Then when Marleau cleared the last puck, it was nuts. Ended up going down to San Pedro Square after and every place was packed from Firehouse, O' Flaherty's, Peggy Sue's, Old Wagon, etc. An EPIC night!

In regards to the chants from the night, there was "Let's go Sha-arks", "Beat De-troit", "Hooowaaaard", and I think thats it.
Yeah, I was there and I still have a ring in my head. There was a constant buzz the entire game. Wow.

The only annoying thing is with 1:22 left in the game, the people behind me kept saying to "sit down". Finally I just turned around and said "hell no, it's game 7 and there's a minute left, are you nuts? Stand up!" Some fans just don't get it. That was an epic moment and you want to sit down? Give up your tickets for fans who will bring it is all I was thinking.

Gilligans Island is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2011, 02:39 PM
  #583
Phu
Registered User
 
Phu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 6,950
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rn277 View Post
for those who still have this on dvr go back and watch the mitchell slash with 5 minutes left.....yea, probably a penalty, but its amazing how long the ref delayed before putting his hand up

basically it went mitchell slashes, 3 red wings throw up their hands, then ref puts up his.....it wasnt going to get called until the red wings whined about it.....amazing....
I think the stick break basically made that call. It was really a borderline slash, I think Torrey's stick hit the ice first and his momentum torward Salei caused the break when stick contacted stick. In fact I'm not so sure Torrey didn't get the puck first. But basically they had called a stick break slash earlier and felt like making up.


Last edited by Phu: 05-13-2011 at 02:53 PM.
Phu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2011, 02:39 PM
  #584
Kitten Mittons
Registered User
 
Kitten Mittons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Francisco
Country: Armenia
Posts: 47,596
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilligans Island View Post
The only annoying thing is with 1:22 left in the game, the people behind me kept saying to "sit down". Finally I just turned around and said "hell no, it's game 7 and there's a minute left, are you nuts? Stand up!" Some fans just don't get it. That was an epic moment and you want to sit down? Give up your tickets for fans who will bring it is all I was thinking.
That's what sucks about the playoffs. Tickets are too pricey so you end up with rich bandwagonners with no passion.

Kitten Mittons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2011, 03:36 PM
  #585
Led Zappa
Tomorrow Today!
 
Led Zappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Country: Scotland
Posts: 33,468
vCash: 500
What an unbelievable game to be at. I think I deserve some credit for the win since I shook Bettman's hand and put the voodoo spell on him

__________________

Youth Movement! Tally Ho...
Led Zappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2011, 04:29 PM
  #586
jwhitesj
Registered User
 
jwhitesj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Pleasanton, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,093
vCash: 500
Last night the arena was just amazing. Durring intermissions the entire concourse was chanting "BEAT DETROIT". I thought the crowd tried to stay loud the entire game, and did a pretty good job. I don't know how much the crowd helped the Sharks, but I think the players deffinitely appreciated it.

jwhitesj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2011, 04:32 PM
  #587
Phu
Registered User
 
Phu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 6,950
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Led Zappa View Post
What an unbelievable game to be at. I think I deserve some credit for the win since I shook Bettman's hand and put the voodoo spell on him

Phu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2011, 04:34 PM
  #588
TrappedInFullerton
Murray SMASH
 
TrappedInFullerton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 13,394
vCash: 500


Firehouse last night

TrappedInFullerton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2011, 04:38 PM
  #589
Kitten Mittons
Registered User
 
Kitten Mittons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Francisco
Country: Armenia
Posts: 47,596
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrappedInFullerton View Post
Firehouse last night
There are houses burning and they are watching the game????

Kitten Mittons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2011, 07:38 PM
  #590
Wedontneedroads
Registered User
 
Wedontneedroads's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: San Jose
Country: United States
Posts: 2,886
vCash: 500
yay celebration videos.


Wedontneedroads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2011, 09:30 PM
  #591
irregardless
Registered Dummy
 
irregardless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: SF
Posts: 1,696
vCash: 500


I love Wellwood. So much.

irregardless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2011, 09:40 PM
  #592
Nighthock
**** the Kings...
 
Nighthock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Reno, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 15,852
vCash: 500
I just got home from the hospital with my new daughter and finally got to watch game 7 that was DVRed ... Hell Yes!! One of the best days of my life today.


Nighthock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2011, 09:42 PM
  #593
rangerssharks414
Registered User
 
rangerssharks414's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 11,056
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthock View Post
I just got home from the hospital with my new daughter and finally got to watch game 7 that was DVRed ... Hell Yes!! One of the best days of my life today.

Congrats!

rangerssharks414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2011, 09:43 PM
  #594
KirbyDots
Registered User
 
KirbyDots's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mountain View, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,125
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthock View Post
I just got home from the hospital with my new daughter and finally got to watch game 7 that was DVRed ... Hell Yes!! One of the best days of my life today.

Congrats!

KirbyDots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2011, 09:44 PM
  #595
TrappedInFullerton
Murray SMASH
 
TrappedInFullerton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 13,394
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthock View Post
I just got home from the hospital with my new daughter and finally got to watch game 7 that was DVRed ... Hell Yes!! One of the best days of my life today.

Hey, you and Ian White both! Grats!

TrappedInFullerton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2011, 09:45 PM
  #596
KirbyDots
Registered User
 
KirbyDots's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mountain View, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,125
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by spurious View Post


I love Wellwood. So much.
Reminds me of Pee-wee Herman haha!

KirbyDots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2011, 12:00 AM
  #597
Berto2k
Registered User
 
Berto2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,692
vCash: 500
hadn't seen this posted yet, and i'm sure many have seen it by now but its worth posting here anyways


Berto2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:35 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.