HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The future is bright in Nashville

Old
05-09-2011, 10:57 PM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

vCash: 500
The future is bright in Nashville

Canucks fan here,

Just wanted to say that your fanbase and your crowd all series have been absolutely incredible. The amount of noise in the building, the unbelievable passion makes me truly believe you guys will be a hallmark for the nhl for years to come.

You guys have been respectful the entire way, loyal, and honorable, and for that I truly hope one day you guys come home with the cup.

Great series, and enjoy the bright future your franchise has.

Lucbourdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2011, 11:01 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Thx for the kind words, im to upset to really take much in. Gotta go make sure im not sober for the rest of the night.

Good luck the rest of the way

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2011, 11:04 PM
donutz0r

I'm here to echo the OP's sentiments. What you guys are able to accomplish while operating so much below the salary cap is unbelievable. Great team, great coach, great system, even better fans. I am happy to see that you guys will have an extremely bright future, and I'll be cheering for you if my Canucks are ever out of the picture.

donutz0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2011, 11:06 PM
Wilch
Unregistered User

I got to say, the Preds organization, team and fanbase deserve nothing but respect. They were rowdy, loud, and even in elimination, they got up and cheered for their team (something that would just not happen in Vancouver).

Wilch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2011, 11:10 PM
Momesso

Thanks for a good series guys.

Love your defense core - will be top in the league in a couple of years.

Was impressed with all the fans on the boards and of course all the fans I saw in Nashville. Seems like a true hockey nation which is great to see. I've been to Atlanta and Phoenix and believe me, they're nothing like you guys.

Cheers

Momesso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2011, 11:15 PM
MAGICMAN1963

Congrats to your team

Canuckfan here to congratulate your Preds on a great series.You have a great team there and gave us a hell of a scare,,be proud ,you got a lot to look forward too

MAGICMAN1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2011, 11:28 PM
The Big Foot

Hope this isn't the start of a rivalry cause honestly I would cheer for the Preds over any other Western team.

Good exposure for a solid fanbase, hope you guys can build on this and afford to keep that awesome core together.

And Rinne, Trotz and Weber all deserve hardware in June.

The Big Foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 12:00 AM
predfan98

[

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 12:34 AM
Diven

Congrats on a great series, especially by Ward and Rinne.

Diven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 01:17 AM
luongo321

Hell of a series by the Predators. This team just keeps on going. Trotz is amazing. I've been impressed with him for years. He just gets so much effort out of his team. Just boggles my mind. I felt so sad for Carrie Underwood when they showed her near the end of the game! She looked soooo sad. I was kinda shocked. Even she was really down because of the loss. Wishing your team the best success in the future.

Your fans have been A*. Even the moderator on canucks.com forum was saying that the majority of 'predators' trolls had chicago IP addresses. You have some really friendly and kickass fans over there. I dont think I've ever seen the canucks forum so happy with fans from another team. It's a pretty weird feeling. The fans cheering for the Preds near the end of the game and after definitely put a smile on my face.

Oh yeah, Rinne is a beast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ward too. If there is any goalie that could have stolen a series from us in such a dominating manner, it would have been him. There were a lot of fans that had that thought running in the back of their mind and it made us uneasy.

luongo321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 01:44 AM
cool story bro

Anyone else notice how this thread is all Canucks fans except for 2 Preds fans? Lol. I had a discussion on the Wings board about this the other day, how after a win, fans will go to the other team's boards and become all buddy-buddy with them. I guess to stake the claim to being classy fans, as we Nucks fans seem to have a bad rep around the League.

Anyway, I'm not gonna do any ass kissing. I hate the Predators--but only because of how good they proved to be in this series, and how good they'll probably be next year. I'll admit I wasn't as frightened of a loss as I was against Chicago, but still, Nashville performed surprisingly well. I was especially impressed with the first round victory over Anaheim.

I was a bit disappointed with both teams regarding the amount of embellishment I saw in order to sell calls. Both teams should be ashamed of themselves, but I'm proud of Bieksa for calling everyone out on it. Tonight I saw Alex Burrows do a head-jerk, and obviously the refs saw Tootoo go swimming. I hope that stops for the rest of the playoffs.

One thing I do want to congratulate Nashville in general on is the tenacity of their fans. Although I will fault Bettman for trying to grow a hockey seed in the desert and in Atlanta instead of moving one or both teams north of the border, the Predators franchise seems to have a dedicated and burgeoning fanbase. I noticed that even in regular season games the seats were almost full. I wouldn't have thought of Nashville as a good place to grow hockey, but I guess I was wrong about that. Your fans and your arena (with the t-shirts) proved they are truly ready for a next big step. But what the hell, Blue Men? That's just a ripoff.

Also, respect to Barry Trotz. Classiest coach in the NHL, IMO.

Anyway, I won't say it was a fun series to watch. It definitely wasn't. But it was hard-fought, so, congratulations Preds players and fans.

Last edited by cool story bro: 05-10-2011 at 01:53 AM.
cool story bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 02:03 AM
Reviled
Partisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool story bro View Post
But what the hell, Blue Men? That's just a ripoff.
Sorry about that...it was just too much trouble to go across the arena at the break and beat some sense into those two dorks. Generally we try to screen for idiocy at the gates.

Reviled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 02:10 AM
canadianpredsfan97

I for one am looking forward to the off-season with momentum into next year. It can only get better after this year.

canadianpredsfan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 02:35 AM
Wilch
Unregistered User

Quote:
Anyone else notice how this thread is all Canucks fans except for 2 Preds fans? Lol. I had a discussion on the Wings board about this the other day, how after a win, fans will go to the other team's boards and become all buddy-buddy with them. I guess to stake the claim to being classy fans, as we Nucks fans seem to have a bad rep around the League.
Nah, don't think any of us would've done this if we eliminated the Oilers/Flames instead of the Preds.

Even if we did, there'd be plenty of

Wilch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 02:38 AM
roseyc

Quote:

Anyway, I'm not gonna do any ass kissing. I hate the Predators--but only because of how good they proved to be in this series, and how good they'll probably be next year. I'll admit I wasn't as frightened of a loss as I was against Chicago, but still, Nashville performed surprisingly well. I was especially impressed with the first round victory over Anaheim.

I was a bit disappointed with both teams regarding the amount of embellishment I saw in order to sell calls. Both teams should be ashamed of themselves, but I'm proud of Bieksa for calling everyone out on it. Tonight I saw Alex Burrows do a head-jerk, and obviously the refs saw Tootoo go swimming. I hope that stops for the rest of the playoffs.

One thing I do want to congratulate Nashville in general on is the tenacity of their fans. Although I will fault Bettman for trying to grow a hockey seed in the desert and in Atlanta instead of moving one or both teams north of the border, the Predators franchise seems to have a dedicated and burgeoning fanbase. I noticed that even in regular season games the seats were almost full. I wouldn't have thought of Nashville as a good place to grow hockey, but I guess I was wrong about that. Your fans and your arena (with the t-shirts) proved they are truly ready for a next big step. But what the hell, Blue Men? That's just a ripoff.

Also, respect to Barry Trotz. Classiest coach in the NHL, IMO.

Anyway, I won't say it was a fun series to watch. It definitely wasn't. But it was hard-fought, so, congratulations Preds players and fans.
We were one scorer away from taking this series and little more experience. Thanks we still hate you but thanks

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 03:26 AM
AEM6729

This may be the biggest thing our playoff run has done this year: changing the minds of people throughout the league. We got a lot of exposure from this run and it's cool to see our fans getting some love instead of the usual dismissal (for allegedly being nonexistent, dumb, undeserving, whatever). I've heard nothing but great things about the city and our fans from TV commentators, other teams' fans, everybody. Perceptions are a'changing people...love it!

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 09:43 AM
Cruiser008

Congrats to Nashville for outlasting 24 other teams in the NHL's version of survivor.

Cruiser008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 09:49 AM
Dojji*
Fight the Hate

Neutral fan here (Bruins) and I was very impressed with what Nashville has done this year -- not just the players on the ice, but the city and its people. You're starting to look like a serious small-market success story.

Going into these playoffs I felt that Nashville was the feel-good story of the playoffs and was quietly pulling for you for the entire series. The way you guys go about your business reminds me a lot of some of Claude Julien's Bruins teams -- good goaltending, strong defense, and an offense held together by Not Very Much -- one or two franchise guys surrounded by average to mediocre roleplaying talent and reclamation projects. Getting through a a round of the playoffs with that is very impressive, and so is taking a team as dominating in the regular season as Vancouver deep into a playoff series. We've built forward from that point obviously, but it is still fun to watch a good checking team do its business without a lot of offensive pop to back it up and be as successful as Nashville was.

Anyway, my complements to your defensive corps. They *will* be back in the playoffs next year, and every year thereafter as long as they can keep that group together.

Dojji* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 10:01 AM
dannythekid

True story. Loved watching the Preds playing and the building looked like it was electric.

Their situation reminds me much of ours in Pittsburgh a few years back; half empty arena, team threatening to be sold; then it turns around and now there's a new buzz in the air.

After the Pens were eliminated I was pulling for you guys to dump the Canucks! Better luck for next year though, this playoff run should be great for the team and the city!

dannythekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 12:16 PM
SunnyCanuck

Nashville Fans Rock / Green Men

Good series guys. Just a note to say that in addition to the great work ethic your team displayed, almost everyone in Vancouver has new respect for your fan base.

Your loud support of your team, synchronized cheers and chants put us to shame, and they came as a surprise to many Canadians who have a habit of thinking we are the only ones who really appreciate the sport. You guys were very classy.

Even our sports talk radio guys are saying this morning how impressed they were with Nashville and how very well everyone was treated.

Now, about the green men... well, our talk radio guys were afraid they were going to get their ***** kicked, but good on you for not doing that. Most Vancouver fans quite enjoy their antics, but it may make you feel better to know that Don Cherry, Canada's godfather of hockey and ex-Bobby Orr Boston Coach totally ripped them during our game telecast and said they crossed the line when they were stroking the hair of the Carrie Underwood cutout picture by the penalty box with Fisher in the box.

I didn't think it was that bad, how about you guys? All in good fun or did it cross the line?

Last edited by SunnyCanuck: 05-10-2011 at 02:42 PM. Reason: Add green men to title
SunnyCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 12:22 PM
Olaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyCanuck View Post
I didn't think it was that bad, how about you guys? All in good fun or did it cross the line?
I actually think the green men are funny.....and I think their antics are tame compared to what most of us see around here at any SEC football game.
Good luck to the nucks..

Olaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 12:25 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Thanks for the kind words, guys. I find myself still proud as hell of this team, and of my fellow fans.

By the way... blue men are a rip off? Haha that's funny, because aren't the green men rips offs, too? Isn't that like calling a guy a thief for repeating a Dane Cook joke? FWIW I sincerely hope we don't get some Blue Men tradition started...

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 12:30 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyCanuck View Post
Good series guys. Just a note to say that in addition to the great work ethic your team displayed, almost everyone in Vancouver has new respect for your fan base.

Your loud support of your team, synchronized cheers and chants put us to shame, and they came as a surprise to many Canadians who have a habit of thinking we are the only ones who really appreciate the sport. You guys were very classy.

Even our sports talk radio guys are saying this morning how impressed they were with Nashville and how very well everyone was treated.

Now, about the green men... well, our talk radio guys were afraid they were going to get their ***** kicked, but good on you for not doing that. Most Vancouver fans quite enjoy their antics, but it may make you feel better to know that Don Cherry, Canada's godfather of hockey and ex-Booby Orr Boston Coach totally ripped them during our game telecast and said they crossed the line when they were stroking the hair of the Carrie Underwood cutout picture by the penalty box with Fisher in the box.

Since you asked, I don't think they crossed a line. It isn't like they were being vulgar with the cut out or in any way disgracing her image. With that said, I think their act is tired, and they should find a better way to draw attention to themselves rather than pretending to be Charlie Day. Do they drink Riot Punch, too? I'm just glad we don't have to put up with them here. We'll leave our entertainment to the players and the organization thanks!

Last edited by golfmade: 05-10-2011 at 01:15 PM.
TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 02:10 PM
jlsg

Thanks to all those stopping by. I can honestly say that I am proud to be a Predator STH. As a coach one of the things I always hope that I can leave with a player is to play hard each and every shift. I can use this years team as an example of that. As long as that happens I'm a happy and proud fan.

When's training camp start...

jlsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 02:18 PM
lefty2time*

You guys are the Minnestoa wild of the south!!!
Crazy loyal and dedicated fans. I was went to game 4. I met some really nice fans...although the city isnt my style...Downtown nashville is so diff than downtown vancouver.
I'm so jelous of all of your dmen ..except sob. I acutally really like Suter..Weber Klein Franson...Blum too.

Remove the internal cap and you guys would be tops in the west i'm sure.

lefty2time* is offline   Reply With Quote