HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-12 Roster/FA Discussion & Cap Tracker

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-19-2011, 12:55 PM
  #101
GT500x
Im OK where we're at
 
GT500x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: My comfort zone
Country: United States
Posts: 2,663
vCash: 500
I will eat my BlackBerry if the Wings get Bieksa and Bogosian.

GT500x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2011, 11:56 PM
  #102
quixzotek
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 3
vCash: 500
He could happen!!!

They were close to getting Bogosian before and Bieska is likely gone as they can't keep Ernhoff and him with salary cap issues. Would be strong upgrade on our defensive issues and we would be a lot younger and faster with some good offensive firepower adding Zherdev and the young guns of Tatar and Mursak. Kindl and/or Brendan Smith will be coming up next year as well. We need to get younger and the added speed at the forward spot, not to mention blue line will make us lethal. What do you think about getting Varlamov as backup goaltender?

quixzotek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2011, 10:11 AM
  #103
warox
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Detroit
Country: United States
Posts: 57
vCash: 500
A lot of posters have mentioned Bogo, Bieksa, Ehrhloff, but nobody in this thread (as far as I can read) has brought up James Wizniewski as a possible defensive free agent. Currently makes $3.25M, and is a UFA.

He sees the ice well and provides good blue line offense including plenty of PP time, heck he was the Islanders leading scorer until they traded him to MTL this year. Plus, he's got a bit of a mean streak and can punish with hits and will also fight.

Reports out of Montreal are that he's gone. Somebody is going to offer him good money. As a sentimental plus, he's from metro Detroit and might take a half mil discount to come home. I'd offer him $4M for 4 years, easy.

warox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 09:07 PM
  #104
wingedwheeled
Rookie User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1
vCash: 500
I honestly believe this could get us back to WCF. Take a gander and reply please.

I know a 23 man roster is large but there is also $1.4 mill or so in available space, and let's not pretend that we will be healthy for 82 games. We need HEALTHY depth. If Draper comes back for $800,000 (generous IMO) we still have some wiggle room. I really like the hudler-bogo trade considering we might package a first rounder or a prospect to sweeten the deal. Laich is great two-way center and proved his worth when bumped up in Cap's lineup. I still don't like Filppula in the 2nd center spot which is why i think we go for jokinen (who's a finn just like val). Asham and O'Donnell are mean, cup-hungry vets. I think it's pretty obvious that we need more grit and better DEFENSIVE DEFENSEMEN!!! Kaberle is NOT the player we need! Another reason I like this roster is it leaves plenty of room for Babs to juggle lines like we know he loves to do.

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
Jussi Jokinen ($2.300m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Tomas Holmstrom ($1.875m)
Brooks Laich ($3.200m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Johan Franzen ($3.954m)
Todd Bertuzzi ($1.937m) / Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Daniel Cleary ($2.800m)
Arron Asham ($0.850m) / Darren Helm ($0.912m) / Patrick Eaves ($0.800m)
/ Justin Abdelkader ($0.787m) / Jan Mursak ($0.550m)

DEFENSEMEN
Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m) / Brad Stuart ($3.750m)
Nicklas Lidstrom ($6.200m) / Zach Bogosian ($3.375m)
Sean O'Donnell ($1.000m) / Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)
/ Brendan Smith ($0.875m)

GOALTENDERS
Jimmy Howard ($2.250m) / Brian Boucher ($0.900m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $59,400,000; CAP PAYROLL: $57,983,711; BONUSES: $0
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $1,416,289

wingedwheeled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 11:14 PM
  #105
Wingsforever
Registered User
 
Wingsforever's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Datsyuk's Playground
Posts: 34
vCash: 500
I don't here many people on here mention Ville Leino. Hes a UFA and would love to see this guy back in red and white. What do you guys think and what kind of contract would be command?

Wingsforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 11:19 PM
  #106
Marky9er
Registered User
 
Marky9er's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Brampton ON
Country: Dominica
Posts: 5,455
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsforever View Post
I don't here many people on here mention Ville Leino. Hes a UFA and would love to see this guy back in red and white. What do you guys think and what kind of contract would be command?
Thanks, I'm still trying to forget. He makes me ill, he is not what we need. We need more grit not waaay less.

Marky9er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 11:30 PM
  #107
Filppula
Jurks
 
Filppula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,721
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsforever View Post
I don't here many people on here mention Ville Leino. Hes a UFA and would love to see this guy back in red and white. What do you guys think and what kind of contract would be command?
What makes you think he'd want to come back?

Filppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 11:34 PM
  #108
kozie13
Registered User
 
kozie13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: SE Mich.
Country: United States
Posts: 275
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsforever View Post
I don't here many people on here mention Ville Leino. Hes a UFA and would love to see this guy back in red and white. What do you guys think and what kind of contract would be command?
Babcock and Holland did not like him the first time. Why would they like him now? Hudler part two,

And yeah, why would he want to come back? Didn't leave on good terms...

kozie13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2011, 12:08 AM
  #109
jacK
Registered User
 
jacK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 2,663
vCash: 500
i'm guessing that our new-found cap room means that Hudler isn't quite the pinch on our cap he was expected to be, and he sticks around for the year... (unfortunately?)
wouldn't surprise me if the same were true for Drapes & Ozzie...

jacK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2011, 12:10 AM
  #110
jacK
Registered User
 
jacK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 2,663
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingedwheeled View Post
FORWARDS
Jussi Jokinen ($2.300m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Tomas Holmstrom ($1.875m)
Brooks Laich ($3.200m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Johan Franzen ($3.954m)
Todd Bertuzzi ($1.937m) / Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Daniel Cleary ($2.800m)
Arron Asham ($0.850m) / Darren Helm ($0.912m) / Patrick Eaves ($0.800m)
/ Justin Abdelkader ($0.787m) / Jan Mursak ($0.550m)

DEFENSEMEN
Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m) / Brad Stuart ($3.750m)
Nicklas Lidstrom ($6.200m) / Zach Bogosian ($3.375m)
Sean O'Donnell ($1.000m) / Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)
/ Brendan Smith ($0.875m)

GOALTENDERS
Jimmy Howard ($2.250m) / Brian Boucher ($0.900m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $59,400,000; CAP PAYROLL: $57,983,711; BONUSES: $0
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $1,416,289
too much turnover, highly doubt anything like this happens. and everybody penciling in Smith for 7th d-man, not happening. he either makes the team as #4-6, or he goes to GR.

jacK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2011, 12:24 AM
  #111
Dustin16182
Registered User
 
Dustin16182's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 356
vCash: 500
Not that this would ever happen...but the sheer fact that it is possible is fun to think about. XD

FORWARDS
Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Tomas Holmstrom ($1.875m)
Johan Franzen ($3.954m) / Brooks Laich ($3.200m) / Daniel Cleary ($2.800m)
Todd Bertuzzi ($1.937m) / Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Justin Abdelkader ($0.787m)
Patrick Eaves ($1.000m) / Darren Helm ($0.912m) / Zenon Konopka ($1.000m)
Jan Mursak ($0.550m)

DEFENSEMEN
Shea Weber ($7.300m) / Drew Doughty ($7.300m)
Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m) / Brad Stuart ($3.750m)
Jakub Kindl ($0.883m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($2.000m)
Brendan Smith ($0.875m)

GOALTENDERS
Jimmy Howard ($2.250m) / Evgeni Nabokov ($0.570m)

SALARY CAP: $62,500,000; CAP PAYROLL: $61,728,711; BONUSES: $0
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $771,289

Dustin16182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2011, 02:34 AM
  #112
Ricelund
We like our team.
 
Ricelund's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Detroit, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 5,139
vCash: 500
Do people actually believe Holland is going to sign Laich, Jokinen, Asham, Boucher, and O'Donnell and trade for Bogosian in one off season? The most moves Holland has made in an off season since the lockout is signing Eaves, Bertuzzi, and Williams (after losing Hossa, Samuelsson, and Hudler) in '09. He's not going to bring in five UFA's and make a big trade in one summer.

Ricelund is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2011, 07:13 AM
  #113
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT
 
mindfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bloomfield Hills, MI
Country: Sweden
Posts: 9,034
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice View Post
Do people actually believe Holland is going to sign Laich, Jokinen, Asham, Boucher, and O'Donnell and trade for Bogosian in one off season? The most moves Holland has made in an off season since the lockout is signing Eaves, Bertuzzi, and Williams (after losing Hossa, Samuelsson, and Hudler) in '09. He's not going to bring in five UFA's and make a big trade in one summer.
They have tons of capspace with rafalski gone, if they let go of most UFA's and if the cap goes up to 62-63M, this is something unusual, it's pretty lame with the "ken holland is never going to blabla" last time wings had lots of cap space they signed Marian Hossa for example.

mindfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2011, 10:15 AM
  #114
Dustin16182
Registered User
 
Dustin16182's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 356
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice View Post
Do people actually believe Holland is going to sign Laich, Jokinen, Asham, Boucher, and O'Donnell and trade for Bogosian in one off season? The most moves Holland has made in an off season since the lockout is signing Eaves, Bertuzzi, and Williams (after losing Hossa, Samuelsson, and Hudler) in '09. He's not going to bring in five UFA's and make a big trade in one summer.
You know this because you are Ken Holland right? At any point in time, Holand CAN decide to make a gigantic splash this postseason. Will he? Maybe. History might not show, but being so negative with all of your postseason posts does not really get you anywhere.

Dustin16182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2011, 11:14 AM
  #115
Ricelund
We like our team.
 
Ricelund's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Detroit, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 5,139
vCash: 500
Being realistic isn't being negative.

In '07 when they lost Schneider, Bertuzzi, Markov, and Lang, all Holland did was sign Drake and Rafalski and they won the Cup.

If you're waiting for 5+ relatively big UFA's, you're going to be disappointed.

Ricelund is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2011, 11:44 AM
  #116
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!
 
Big Poppa Puck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: South Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 15,843
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice View Post
Being realistic isn't being negative.

In '07 when they lost Schneider, Bertuzzi, Markov, and Lang, all Holland did was sign Drake and Rafalski and they won the Cup.

If you're waiting for 5+ relatively big UFA's, you're going to be disappointed.
I think too many people are assuming Hudler is 100% gone. I'll believe Hudler is gone when he is actually traded.

Even if Lids comes back, Ericsson and Salei both re-sign(which I doubt, I think both are gone) we still need at least 2 defensemen. And I could see them signing 1 of Jokinen or Laich but not both and maybe a bottom sixer IF we don't re-sign Eaves and/or Miller and/or Draper.

There's a good chance we sign 5+ UFAs, especially if Ericsson and Eaves both leave, but I agree with you that acquiring 5 relatively big ones is unlikely.

Big Poppa Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2011, 12:23 PM
  #117
jacK
Registered User
 
jacK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 2,663
vCash: 500
may have been mentioned in another thread, but one more interesting thing w/ Raffy retiring, his contract is no longer the bar for the "Lidstrom needs to be the highest paid d-man on the team" edict...
so, $6M is no longer the 'minimum' for Liddy; won't surprise or upset me if he still makes that much still.

jacK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2011, 12:26 PM
  #118
Unsportsmanlike
Marc Madsen
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 217
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRep TheWingedWheel View Post
I think too many people are assuming Hudler is 100% gone. I'll believe Hudler is gone when he is actually traded.

Even if Lids comes back, Ericsson and Salei both re-sign(which I doubt, I think both are gone) we still need at least 2 defensemen. And I could see them signing 1 of Jokinen or Laich but not both and maybe a bottom sixer IF we don't re-sign Eaves and/or Miller and/or Draper.

There's a good chance we sign 5+ UFAs, especially if Ericsson and Eaves both leave, but I agree with you that acquiring 5 relatively big ones is unlikely.
I personally thought Laich was a pipe dream but now with Rafalski retiring it's definitely feasible. I can't see Eaves not being back as he's grown each year, he's filled his role and more. Ericsson is a toss up at this point as he may or may not return. I think they like Miller but they face the same issue as last summer with him - he's a little bit redundant on this team.

Unsportsmanlike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2011, 12:29 PM
  #119
Dustin16182
Registered User
 
Dustin16182's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 356
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice View Post
Being realistic isn't being negative.

In '07 when they lost Schneider, Bertuzzi, Markov, and Lang, all Holland did was sign Drake and Rafalski and they won the Cup.

If you're waiting for 5+ relatively big UFA's, you're going to be disappointed.
Well this is 2011, not 2007. There are a lot of different directions this team can go with the players. People are excited and just wanna speculate possible roster changes. Welcome to HF boards.

Dustin16182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2011, 02:49 PM
  #120
Winger98
Moderator
powers combined
 
Winger98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 14,333
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Winger98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice View Post
Being realistic isn't being negative.

In '07 when they lost Schneider, Bertuzzi, Markov, and Lang, all Holland did was sign Drake and Rafalski and they won the Cup.

If you're waiting for 5+ relatively big UFA's, you're going to be disappointed.
And then the boards are going to implode for a bit as people freak out.

While I've enjoyed speculating about Richards and everyone else as much as anyone, I'm with you in tempered expectations. One, maybe two, small signings up front to fill out the roster depth. One or two good blueliners. And some promoting from within.

We're so accustomed to spending to the cap, but I'll be a bit surprised if we do this summer. There just aren't the players available to dictate it, nor is there the roster space available for it.

__________________
RIP David
Winger98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2011, 03:10 PM
  #121
Ricelund
We like our team.
 
Ricelund's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Detroit, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 5,139
vCash: 500
Everyone seems to forget the Wings weren't spending to the cap in '08.

Ricelund is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2011, 03:19 PM
  #122
sarcastro
Registered User
 
sarcastro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 12,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice View Post
Everyone seems to forget the Wings weren't spending to the cap in '08.
That buffer gave them the flexibility to add Stuart at the deadline.

I'm hoping they leave a mil or two in cap room (at least) so they can make a similar move at the 2012 deadline, if need be. When you are capped out in October, you're basically stuck with that roster until the following July.

sarcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2011, 04:34 PM
  #123
Chris 84
Registered User
 
Chris 84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,003
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingedwheeled View Post
I honestly believe this could get us back to WCF. Take a gander and reply please.

I know a 23 man roster is large but there is also $1.4 mill or so in available space, and let's not pretend that we will be healthy for 82 games. We need HEALTHY depth. If Draper comes back for $800,000 (generous IMO) we still have some wiggle room. I really like the hudler-bogo trade considering we might package a first rounder or a prospect to sweeten the deal. Laich is great two-way center and proved his worth when bumped up in Cap's lineup. I still don't like Filppula in the 2nd center spot which is why i think we go for jokinen (who's a finn just like val). Asham and O'Donnell are mean, cup-hungry vets. I think it's pretty obvious that we need more grit and better DEFENSIVE DEFENSEMEN!!! Kaberle is NOT the player we need! Another reason I like this roster is it leaves plenty of room for Babs to juggle lines like we know he loves to do.

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
Jussi Jokinen ($2.300m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Tomas Holmstrom ($1.875m)
Brooks Laich ($3.200m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Johan Franzen ($3.954m)
Todd Bertuzzi ($1.937m) / Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Daniel Cleary ($2.800m)
Arron Asham ($0.850m) / Darren Helm ($0.912m) / Patrick Eaves ($0.800m)
/ Justin Abdelkader ($0.787m) / Jan Mursak ($0.550m)

DEFENSEMEN
Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m) / Brad Stuart ($3.750m)
Nicklas Lidstrom ($6.200m) / Zach Bogosian ($3.375m)
Sean O'Donnell ($1.000m) / Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)
/ Brendan Smith ($0.875m)

GOALTENDERS
Jimmy Howard ($2.250m) / Brian Boucher ($0.900m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $59,400,000; CAP PAYROLL: $57,983,711; BONUSES: $0
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $1,416,289
the cap is gonna be at least 2mil higher than this for one thing.

don't want smith as no7. either top6 or grand rapids for him
i wouldn't mind jokinen and/or laich, but i'm hopeful that mursak will be given a proper chance and not used as the 2nd backup forward.
i'm not overly keen on o'donnell, and i think hudler for bogosian is probably a pipe dream, even with a pick or two thrown in.

Chris 84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2011, 10:23 PM
  #124
wingsnut19
Give me a hug
 
wingsnut19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,696
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin16182 View Post
Not that this would ever happen...but the sheer fact that it is possible is fun to think about. XD

FORWARDS
Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Tomas Holmstrom ($1.875m)
Johan Franzen ($3.954m) / Brooks Laich ($3.200m) / Daniel Cleary ($2.800m)
Todd Bertuzzi ($1.937m) / Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Justin Abdelkader ($0.787m)
Patrick Eaves ($1.000m) / Darren Helm ($0.912m) / Zenon Konopka ($1.000m)
Jan Mursak ($0.550m)

DEFENSEMEN
Shea Weber ($7.300m) / Drew Doughty ($7.300m)
Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m) / Brad Stuart ($3.750m)
Jakub Kindl ($0.883m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($2.000m)
Brendan Smith ($0.875m)

GOALTENDERS
Jimmy Howard ($2.250m) / Evgeni Nabokov ($0.570m)

SALARY CAP: $62,500,000; CAP PAYROLL: $61,728,711; BONUSES: $0
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $771,289
This isn't possible, unless you're trading for one of Weber or Doughty (but we seem to have kept all our roster players). We wouldn't have the compensatory picks for both, otherwise.

wingsnut19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2011, 10:28 PM
  #125
jacK
Registered User
 
jacK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 2,663
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut19 View Post
This isn't possible, unless you're trading for one of Weber or Doughty (but we seem to have kept all our roster players). We wouldn't have the compensatory picks for both, otherwise.
would have to be both... either team matches a $7.3mil offer sheet.
in any event, not happening.

jacK is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:16 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.