HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What are you willing to give up to plug up any holes we have?

Closed Thread

Old
07-15-2004, 01:24 PM
Knucklez

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by canuck293
I wouldn't say Reid and Fedorov aren't anything special! Fedorov could easily be playing for almost any team in the league right now if he could get his act together! Reid is still a very talented guy, he lead the Moose in scoring, and you say that isn't anything special? I'm not saying these guys should be playing for the canucks, but they aren't average prospects, they both have great talent, and could play right now, they just need to refine a few things!
meh, they're just not my kind of players.

Old
07-15-2004, 01:35 PM
canuck293

I still like them, and I believe they will be NHL players. Well of course they don't have complete games, but most prospects don't have complete games, or they would in the NHL! Just because a prospect isn't complete, it doesn't mean he is average, especially since it is things they can fix...well except for Reids height! I just think they need a real chance to get regular minutes, and they will show how good they are. But in Vancouver, that isn't likely to happen! So I wouldn't mind seeing then traded, to give them a chance!

Old
07-15-2004, 01:38 PM
QuickDynamite

Im not a big fan of Ruutu. Cooke and Bouck are better players than him and Ruutu would have good trade value.

Old
07-15-2004, 01:47 PM
Jon Burke

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by canuck293
I still like them, and I believe they will be NHL players. Well of course they don't have complete games, but most prospects don't have complete games, or they would in the NHL! Just because a prospect isn't complete, it doesn't mean he is average, especially since it is things they can fix...well except for Reids height! I just think they need a real chance to get regular minutes, and they will show how good they are. But in Vancouver, that isn't likely to happen! So I wouldn't mind seeing then traded, to give them a chance!
Perhaps you misunderstood what I meant... I consider Reid and Fedorov to be average prospects mainly because well they don't have much more than average trade value. If we packaged them in a trade, they're not going to get us much. And they aren't excellent prospects as you seem to think.

Old
07-15-2004, 02:09 PM
canuck293

oooh alright, I understand what you meant with the average trade value. I don't think they are excellent prospects, I was saying that I think they are better than you think. They may not be top prospects, but I think their better than average as you said. Not in trade value, but in talent and potential. But I completly understand your opinion on them, and I agree that they don't have a ton of trade value, right about average

Old
07-15-2004, 04:11 PM
Yammer

Perhaps this is showing brainwashing from hearing it so often from GMs, but to me there are no untouchable players, period, e.g.: Gretzky. There are always circumstances where you would trade a guy.

Really what we are doing here is compiling a list of the most expendable.

Closed Thread