HF Organizational Rankings -Boston Bruins

Old
05-13-2011, 06:32 PM
saskbruin44*
Stanley Cup Champs

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to saskbruin44*
HF Organizational Rankings -Boston Bruins

New HF article has come out ranking the prospects of each organization.

Big drop-off from last year..... ranked 24th out of 30.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...pring20112130/

saskbruin44* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2011, 06:38 PM
Mike Yeos Eyebrows
We attack at 11.

Boston is also in the Conference Finals and the oldest player on its top line is Nathan Horton at 25.

Mike Yeos Eyebrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2011, 06:51 PM
PlayMakers
Hockey's Future Staff

Hard to argue with their logic, but I did say to the committee that I thought they had the B's a little low (along with the Caps, and that the Rangers were WAAAAAAAY too high). But they felt we graduated too many good players this year and they aren't quite as sold on Spooner's upside (yet).

Still, the B's could have as many as 3 prospects from this list (Caron, Kampfer and Arniel) on the team next year. Are in the Conf. Finals. And have the 9th and 40th overall picks in the draft.

05-13-2011, 06:55 PM
NotedToughGuyDKrejci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ladd View Post
Hard to argue with their logic, but I did say to the committee that I thought they had the B's a little low (along with the Caps, and that the Rangers were WAAAAAAAY too high). But they felt we graduated too many good players this year and they aren't quite as sold on Spooner's upside (yet).

Still, the B's could have as many as 3 prospects from this list (Caron, Kampfer and Arniel) on the team next year. Are in the Conf. Finals. And have the 9th and 40th overall picks in the draft.
Yes, it should be noted that most of the "bottom" teams in depth (SJ, Boston, Philly, Washington, Pitt) are "top" teams in terms of current talent. The Bruins are also a very young team still, particularly at the forward positions. The one thing I really took away from this article is that I feel bad for Flames fans...

NotedToughGuyDKrejci is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2011, 07:11 PM
FutureConsiderations

Quote:

Plus this year was more or less an instructional year for Seguin. The kid has a lot of talent, and now if he gets some attitude and learns to drive hard to the net, he'll be a force of the Stamkos mold.

FutureConsiderations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2011, 07:33 PM
KnightofBoston
MVP

Lost to trade: Mikko Lehtonen, Levi Nelson, Joe Colborne, Sean Zimmerman, Jordan Knackstedt, Jeff LoVecchio, Jeff Penner.

what ever will we do!!

The article also says we don't have much in the way of puck moving defensemen

David Warsofsky says hi.

KnightofBoston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2011, 07:35 PM
Random Bruins Fan
Certified Poster

meh, as others have pointed out the Bruins have a young team. They have graduated Adam Mcquaid, Marchand both who had an excellent seasons and 19 year old Tyler Seguin, hopefully him and to a degree Marchand will shore up their cited weakness of lack of top end talent. The Bruins have as many quality players at 25 or below as anyone in the whole league so there are less needs to.

All that said, I would concede that Chiarelli has not proven himself at drafting. He might, but at the moment you can't say he has proven to be great at the draft, time will tell.

Random Bruins Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2011, 07:51 PM
UConn126
Bass Player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightofBoston View Post
Lost to trade: Mikko Lehtonen, Levi Nelson, Joe Colborne, Sean Zimmerman, Jordan Knackstedt, Jeff LoVecchio, Jeff Penner.

what ever will we do!!

The article also says we don't have much in the way of puck moving defensemen

David Warsofsky says hi
As do BArtkowski, Kampfer, Alexandrov and Button. I think its shutdown guys we lack, although we have plenty of those in the big league.

UConn126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2011, 07:52 PM
chizzler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8th Rounder View Post
meh, as others have pointed out the Bruins have a young team. They have graduated Adam Mcquaid, Marchand both who had an excellent seasons and 19 year old Tyler Seguin, hopefully him and to a degree Marchand will shore up their cited weakness of lack of top end talent. The Bruins have as many quality players at 25 or below as anyone in the whole league so there are less needs to.

All that said, I would concede that Chiarelli has not proven himself at drafting. He might, but at the moment you can't say he has proven to be great at the draft, time will tell.
I agree. Most of these young kids he inherited from the previous regime. Zack was a bust, and Colbourne we'll see. He could make out in the coming years with Spooner, Knight, Cunningham and Randell. We'll see. No defencemen in his group that he drafted.

chizzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2011, 08:39 PM
KnightofBoston
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by UConn126 View Post
As do BArtkowski, Kampfer, Alexandrov and Button. I think its shutdown guys we lack, although we have plenty of those in the big league.
Ya exactly, thanks for adding those

We've got Cross as a solid shut down guy

Old
05-13-2011, 08:47 PM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by UConn126 View Post
Guys, be realistic and take off the homer glasses. Its a good thing we have a strong young core in Boston because the prospect system is very shallow. The D....I mean come on are we really holding out much hope for the above guys to be impactful NHLers? Kampfer might be a nice depth guy....but the others? Not much there.

I think Spooner and Knight are going to be both solid players. I think Caron will be a good, grinding 3rd line winger.....after that....well I hope Randall becomes a 4th line enforcer.

So look at it by position:

Goalie- If Khudobin goes....we have nothing. Zero, zip, nada. Grade F

D- Kampfer is our best prospect. Grade D

F- A few guys who will contribute, but no top line talent. Grade C.

Bruwinz37 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2011, 08:58 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruwinz37 View Post
Guys, be realistic and take off the homer glasses. Its a good thing we have a strong young core in Boston because the prospect system is very shallow. The D....I mean come on are we really holding out much hope for the above guys to be impactful NHLers? Kampfer might be a nice depth guy....but the others? Not much there.

I think Spooner and Knight are going to be both solid players. I think Caron will be a good, grinding 3rd line winger.....after that....well I hope Randall becomes a 4th line enforcer.

It's impossible to make that sort of judgment at this moment in time. If you looked at the Red Wings system in 2000-01, no doubt you'd summarily dismiss "the boy with the twitchy walk" who scored 26 points in 42 games for Ak Bars Kazan.

Last edited by Artemis: 05-13-2011 at 09:10 PM.
Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2011, 09:07 PM
Jean_Jacket41
Neely = HOF

Quote:

We, as Bruins fans, may enter in what may be the most succesfull run of years in the history of the Bruins.

We are aleady one of the top-teams in the NHL.

We are reaching a 1st ECF since 1992. And it's not a ''veteran team on his last chance'' kind of team.

The current 25y and younger on the team:

Horton
Lucic
Bergeron
Krejci
Marchand
Seguin

Rask

So 6 of your top-9 on offense and the #1 in net for years.

I think that Knight, Spooner and Caron have bright futures in the NHL on at leat a top-9 game. But even if none of them pans out, we are not in trouble with these SIX 25y and younger on offense. Just have to surround them with great UFA signings and the top-9 is set for years.

On D, we have the best shutdown Dmen for what seems the next decade and some good and tough supporting cast already signed for the next seasons. That's a position that would need a top end prospect like Murphy/Hamilton etc to fill in the next futur.

If the B's can't land one top-D prospect in this draft, they should package some forward pieces to get an established young NHL D.

Jean_Jacket41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2011, 09:21 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean_Jacket41 View Post
We, as Bruins fans, may enter in what may be the most succesfull run of years in the history of the Bruins.

We are aleady one of the top-teams in the NHL.

We are reaching a 1st ECF since 1992. And it's not a ''veteran team on his last chance'' kind of team.

The current 25y and younger on the team:

Horton
Lucic
Bergeron
Krejci
Marchand
Seguin

Rask

So 6 of your top-9 on offense and the #1 in net for years.

I think that Knight, Spooner and Caron have bright futures in the NHL on at leat a top-9 game. But even if none of them pans out, we are not in trouble with these SIX 25y and younger on offense. Just have to surround them with great UFA signings and the top-9 is set for years.

On D, we have the best shutdown Dmen for what seems the next decade and some good and tough supporting cast already signed for the next seasons. That's a position that would need a top end prospect like Murphy/Hamilton etc to fill in the next futur.

If the B's can't land one top-D prospect in this draft, they should package some forward pieces to get an established young NHL D.
Add McQuaid to the list. He's 24.

Old
05-13-2011, 09:21 PM
JoeIsAStud
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

I think the forwards are at least a C+, maybe a B. Probably no top line talent but 4-6 guys who will play in the NHL, 2-3 of whom will have fairly significant careers I believe. People keep calling Caron a 3rd liner, but he may be a 20 goal 3rd liner.

The defense is wide open. I'd bump to at least a D+, no sure things but enough interesting guys that I think they get a couple NHLers from the group at and i think at least one of whom ends up being a top 4

In goal the Bruins don't have nothing. They have Michael Hutchinson who may never make it, but is a talented kid and goalies often develop slowly. James Reimer was posting a 3.3 GAA in the ECHL a couple years ago, and this year he single handedly cost the Bruins about 6 draft slots.

Plus there is Gothberg who is years away but certainly could be something at some point

JoeIsAStud is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2011, 09:22 PM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
It's impossible to make that sort of judgment at this moment in time. If you looked at the Red Wings system in 2000-01, no doubt you'd summarily dismiss "the boy with the twitchy walk" who scored 26 points in 42 games for Ak Bars Kazan.
I love your optimism but reality is what it is. This is not a good prospect group. Anyone with a fairly realistic look at it sees it for what it is. You are just over the top positive with anything Bruins related and it prevents you from providing an unbias look at things.

Old
05-13-2011, 09:27 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
I love your optimism but reality is what it is. This is not a good prospect group. Anyone with a fairly realistic look at it sees it for what it is. You are just over the top positive with anything Bruins related and it prevents you from providing an unbias look at things.
No, you don't know. Nobody does. You cannot look at a group of young kids and proclaim the fate of every single one of them. If you had seen the player I refer to when he was a similar age, I have no doubt whatsoever you would have proclaimed him a washout before he even set foot on North American soil.

Old
05-13-2011, 09:46 PM
Jean_Jacket41
Neely = HOF

Quote:
I agree with you: we don't have a top-end prospect at any position in the system. Something that the 9th overall pick this year has to adress.

But we have many high-end talented 25y and younger on the team.

6 top-9 forwards (Bergeron-Lucic-Horton-Krejci-Seguin-Marchand)

and the #1 in net for years to come in Rask.

I can certainly live with our prospect pool talent with that much great young talent on the big team. IMO, it's all that counts. What position are the Bruins end up overall is what is important. Not their prospect rank pool.

And with that many young players on the team, we'll have a couple years before ''needeing'' a prospect to make the jump for help at any other position than D. That is where the focus should be. Getting a high-end D prospect. Next need would be another top winger to help Lucic+Horton.

And don't forget that Seguin hasn't already have any real impact on the team yet and he's not listed on the list. Not many team have this kind of talent in wait of explosing in the wing.

Jean_Jacket41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2011, 09:48 PM
KnightofBoston
MVP

Dont forgot about Carter Camper, kid's got a nifty scoring touch

Old
05-13-2011, 09:53 PM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
No, you don't know. Nobody does. You cannot look at a group of young kids and proclaim the fate of every single one of them. If you had seen the player I refer to when he was a similar age, I have no doubt whatsoever you would have proclaimed him a washout before he even set foot on North American soil.
It causes you physical languish to hear something not completely positive about the Bruins doesnt it? Jesus Christ can someone tell me when amateur hour ends?

Old
05-13-2011, 10:16 PM
KnightofBoston
MVP

Quote:
It causes you physical languish to hear something not completely positive about the Bruins doesnt it? Jesus Christ can someone tell me when amateur hour ends?
Personaly it causes me mental languish to see the amount you disrespect fellow posters on this board.

Old
05-13-2011, 10:18 PM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightofBoston View Post
Personaly it causes me mental languish to see the amount you disrespect fellow posters on this board.
So it is acceptable for me to be talked down to but when I retort that is no good?

Here is a tip....put me on ignore. Believe me I wont lose any sleep over it.

Old
05-13-2011, 10:35 PM
UConn126
Bass Player.

Quote:

I'm not saying all of those guys will be fantastic players, all I'm saying is that they fit the puck mover mold more than the shutdown mold.

I'd give our forward core at least a B-. I think Sauve, Caron, Spooner, and Knight have second line potential. Let me be clear though, that's potential, I'm not saying they're all guarenteed to make it there. And We have a lot of guys that could be very effective NHLers, just not in scoring roles, most notably MacDermid and Arniel.

UConn126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2011, 10:39 PM
Random Bruins Fan
Certified Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean_Jacket41 View Post
I agree with you: we don't have a top-end prospect at any position in the system. Something that the 9th overall pick this year has to adress.

But we have many high-end talented 25y and younger on the team.

6 top-9 forwards (Bergeron-Lucic-Horton-Krejci-Seguin-Marchand)

and the #1 in net for years to come in Rask.

I can certainly live with our prospect pool talent with that much great young talent on the big team. IMO, it's all that counts. What position are the Bruins end up overall is what is important. Not their prospect rank pool.

And with that many young players on the team, we'll have a couple years before ''needeing'' a prospect to make the jump for help at any other position than D. That is where the focus should be. Getting a high-end D prospect. Next need would be another top winger to help Lucic+Horton.

And don't forget that Seguin hasn't already have any real impact on the team yet and he's not listed on the list. Not many team have this kind of talent in wait of explosing in the wing.
Good points. The prospect pool omits Seguin who is 19 years old and has barely begun to scratch the surface of his potential. If the Bruins sent him back to junior and he was counted as a prospect the rating would improve for sure. If you add Seguin I like the forward group, the d and goalie could be better but yes the team also has alot of young talent in place.

Random Bruins Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2011, 10:45 PM
finchster

Send a message via ICQ to finchster
Outside of Caron there is no one in our prospect pool I am 100% confident in. Kampfer and Arniel could become useful contributors and there is a very good chance that in our defense prospects of: Bartkowski, Warsofsky, Button, Alexandrov, Cohen, and Cross that only one (or none) of these players will ever be useful contributors for the Bruins.

finchster is offline   Reply With Quote