Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Russia
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Three Questions

Old
05-13-2011, 08:44 PM
SerbianHabs

vCash: 500
Three Questions

1)From the 2014 Sochi projected crop what do you consider the chances for Russia to have a good all round team to go for Gold at home on International rinks? Russia needs to win gold at a Best on Best tournament they should have won in 98 and 06

2)Who do you think should take over as coach of Russia with preparations focused on Sochi?

3)Do you believe intense yearly camps for 2-3 week camps during the off season will help better the national team and create the ideal cohesive lines. The 2010 olympics the team looked like a bunch of children collected of the street and told to play together.

SerbianHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2011, 04:41 AM
NMF78

1) the pressure will be huge and the competition will be fierce but they will have home ice advantage and the hunger for an Olympic Gold is there, players like Malkin and Ovechkin will be around 28 so should be in there prime. Russia always have a shot at winning but it won't be easy thats for shure.
2) Bilyaletdinov maybe if he's available and willing. In any case a coach who has a vision on how to play and is tactically strong and can adapt to difficult situations.
3) maybe

NMF78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2011, 03:24 PM
Yakushev72

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerbianHabs View Post
1)From the 2014 Sochi projected crop what do you consider the chances for Russia to have a good all round team to go for Gold at home on International rinks? Russia needs to win gold at a Best on Best tournament they should have won in 98 and 06

2)Who do you think should take over as coach of Russia with preparations focused on Sochi?

3)Do you believe intense yearly camps for 2-3 week camps during the off season will help better the national team and create the ideal cohesive lines. The 2010 olympics the team looked like a bunch of children collected of the street and told to play together.
1) There are weaknesses on defense and in goal that may or may not be corrected by 2014. Home ice will help, but there will not be an overwhelming edge in talent.

2) Bilyaletdinov appears to be the best candidate to replace Bykov. Valeri Bragin enjoyed some major successes this year, and may be considered a candidate.

3) In my view, intense 3-week camps are essential for establishing strategy and tactics, building team chemistry and stessing conditioning and discipline. Failure to hold an intense camp prior to the Vancouver Olympics was considered to be one of Bykov's biggest mistakes.

Yakushev72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2011, 04:08 PM
Alessandro Seren Rosso
Hockey's Future Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Alessandro Seren Rosso Send a message via MSN to Alessandro Seren Rosso
Yakushev72, as usual I could have written that post myself, I agree 100%

05-17-2011, 09:55 AM
Yakushev72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessandro Seren Rosso View Post
Yakushev72, as usual I could have written that post myself, I agree 100%
Alessandro, I think you and I are on the same page. We love Russian hockey, are critical when criticism is warranted, but probably have a fundamental belief that Russian hockey has great potential to restore its previous level of excellence, and want to go along for the ride. I also think it is important for journalists like yourself to point out the shortcomings where they exist, so that complacent bureaucrats don't think that the shortcomings are going unnoticed.

Yakushev72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2011, 02:20 PM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
1) defense and team - play
2) don't see anyone - Bilyaletdinov failed with NT befroe, Bragin is more of a junior coach - all his attempts with adult clubs didn't do much good. I like Crawford, Queneville, Babkock, I would say Bowman - but too old. I know that a Russian has to coach Russia - but there's just NOBODY out there and I know those coaches will always have a job in the NHL, but I am just answering a question. Nazarov has a distant chance of growing into these shoes, but not remotely ready yet.
3) those camps (сборы) are very important.

cska78 is offline   Reply With Quote