HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Greg Nemisz To Toronto

Old
05-14-2011, 12:11 PM
vezna*
Canada's Team

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
This thread really puzzles me. I'm not saying Nemisz isn't going to be a good player, but at this point it's so early to tell what kind of player he will end up being. The Flames prospect pool is very grim and sadly Nemisz was 3rd in team scoring with a very average 33 points. Because of the lack of forward prospects we have, a player of slightly higher value would need to be offered for Nemisz to be moved, or he would likely be packaged in a trade to bring in some other top end talent. At this point, its hard to say Nemisz will be anything other than a 3rd line winger which is why I doubt there would be much interest in him. I think next season he will spend most of his time on the Heat again with maybe an occasional call up. It will be interesting to see how he progresses next year, then I think a more real assessment of what kind of player he will be can be made.
look at the OP's previous proposals. he basically makes one for every prospect he comes across even if it doesn't make sense for either team

vezna* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2011, 12:16 PM
MoreMogilny
Cap'n

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropIt View Post
I think a first rounder back is what I would want. His value should be about the same, if not slightly higher due to being more NHL ready then anyone in this years draft.

Nemisz actually had a very under rated season. To compare to Leaf fans, it was pretty similar to Joe Colborne's minus about 6 points and on what I believe is the lowest scoring team in the AHL this year (186GF, Phantoms- 197GF, Every other team broke 200).

Nemisz actually exceeded expectations on the AHL club this year and I think he could turn out to be just like David Moss with better hands. probably a consistant 20 goal, 40-50 point producer.

Anyways, I think Toronto's 2012 1st round pick
At this point, absolutely not. The 2012 draft is very deep with talent, and the Leafs' pick is slated to be pretty good. There is now way it is being moved for a prospect with question marks.

MoreMogilny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2011, 02:07 PM
DropIt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreMogilny View Post
At this point, absolutely not. The 2012 draft is very deep with talent, and the Leafs' pick is slated to be pretty good. There is now way it is being moved for a prospect with question marks.
Yeah, thats basically why we would be asking for it. Nemisz is a first round pick taken in a stronger draft then this years, Calgary is in the position to ask for a 2012 pick or keep their older, closer NHL talent.

And I wouldnt say that Nemisz has 'question marks', He has played well at every level he has been at. He is just flat out not ready for the NHL, which isnt uncommon for a player who was only drafted 2 seasons ago.

DropIt is offline   Reply With Quote