HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

MSG Season Tickets & Relocation *PART 2*

Old
09-14-2011, 01:50 PM
Giacomin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
If he sues them, MSG will settle before going to court. Guaranteed.
This would be a hard case to prove in civil court. You can sue for actual monetary damages but that would be hard to prove. MSG would let this play out and my guess is that it would never get to court but I can,t see MSG settling. I feel for you as you definitely got screwed but you would have to prove that MSG intentionally went out of there way to damage you which might be hard to prove. I would contact someone in upper management and also contact stubhub. Stubhub usually will void your sale if they can get the buyer other tickets and there is plenty of time
Good Luck!

Giacomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 06:36 PM
chosen

Season Tickets, No More

Found out that my tickets in the 300's no longer exist because of the renovations. MSG generously offered to sell me tickets in the 200's for over $100 a ticket. I said no thanks.

After years of giving them tons of cash, I have finally thrown up my hands and said enough.

It's going to be difficult for me to root for them any longer.

Just felt like whining that MSG has lost touch with reality. Or maybe it's sports in general. Or maybe it lost touch years ago when corporations took over our arenas and stadiums.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 06:38 PM
patnyrnyg

sports in general lost touch years ago. Prices in all 4 sports have gotten ridiculous. Fortunately for me, I like sitting upstairs and my wife likes going to games.

I take it you weren't offered lower bowl seats for the 300 level pricing only to have them reneg on you?

patnyrnyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 06:41 PM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to BlueShirts88
Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
Found out that my tickets in the 300's no longer exist because of the renovations. MSG generously offered to sell me tickets in the 200's for over $100 a ticket. I said no thanks.

After years of giving them tons of cash, I have finally thrown up my hands and said enough.

It's going to be difficult for me to root for them any longer.

Just felt like whining that MSG has lost touch with reality. Or maybe it's sports in general. Or maybe it lost touch years ago when corporations took over our arenas and stadiums.
I dont blame you for walking.

I think you can still root for the team, since the players have nothing to do with it, but just not attend games anymore. If you enjoy seeing games live, you could go to Nassau Coliseum or Prudential Center where you will still be surrounded by plenty of Ranger fans and avoid being ripped off.

09-14-2011, 06:42 PM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by patnyrnyg View Post
sports in general lost touch years ago. Prices in all 4 sports have gotten ridiculous. Fortunately for me, I like sitting upstairs and my wife likes going to games.

I take it you weren't offered lower bowl seats for the 300 level pricing only to have them reneg on you?
They just told me to sit tight while they figured it all out. Today they told me that they were going to cut me a special deal because I was a longtime fan. Paying $150 for an evening at a hockey game is past my tolerance level. I could pay it and not alter my lifestyle, but at some point you have to say enough.

Old
09-14-2011, 06:44 PM
chosen

Quote:
I dont blame you for walking.

I think you can still root for the team, since the players have nothing to do with it, but just not attend games anymore. If you enjoy seeing games live, you could go to Nassau Coliseum or Prudential Center where you will still be surrounded by plenty of Ranger fans and avoid being ripped off.
It's difficult for me to root for an organization that wants to **** me. Have no idea how I will view hockey this year, as far as rooting.

Old
09-14-2011, 06:44 PM
ruckus*

Yeah. I think the end of your post pretty much says it.

It sucks for your loss and I don't agree with MSG's handling of the situation for you a long time customer.

However, if the way this was handled actually makes you stop rooting for the team on the ice I find that laughable.

It's dumb they did that to you. They should've given you 200's for the price of your 300's for the time being.

Hopefully you don't hold it against the boys. They didn't do it to you.

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 06:45 PM
NYRFAN218
Brass God

Out of curiosity, what section were you in? I figured at the very least they could have found seats in the 300's somewhere (assuming you were in the corner/endzone 300's).

NYRFAN218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 06:46 PM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
Out of curiosity, what section were you in? I figured at the very least they could have found seats in the 300's somewhere (assuming you were in the corner/endzone 300's).
Forget the section number, but it was a corner, right next to an exit and the handicapped tier.

Old
09-14-2011, 06:49 PM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
They just told me to sit tight while they figured it all out. Today they told me that they were going to cut me a special deal because I was a longtime fan. Paying $150 for an evening at a hockey game is past my tolerance level. I could pay it and not alter my lifestyle, but at some point you have to say enough.
I can definitely understand that. I can afford my 400 levels, but my wife and I have talked about the max we'd be willing to spend. I sell a lot of games, which is a big reason why I have kept my seats.

patnyrnyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 06:49 PM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruckus View Post
Yeah. I think the end of your post pretty much says it.

It sucks for your loss and I don't agree with MSG's handling of the situation for you a long time customer.

However, if the way this was handled actually makes you stop rooting for the team on the ice I find that laughable.

It's dumb they did that to you. They should've given you 200's for the price of your 300's for the time being.

Hopefully you don't hold it against the boys. They didn't do it to you.
What's laughable about it? Why would I hope that the Dolans derive more revenue from winning?

I don't know what I will do about it, but withdrawing support from an organization that treats me shoddily isn't an unreasonable reaction.

Old
09-14-2011, 06:50 PM
NYRKING30

how long did you have the tickets for?

NYRKING30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 06:51 PM
NYRFAN218
Brass God

Quote:
Forget the section number, but it was a corner, right next to an exit and the handicapped tier.
That's weird. A lot of people that have tickets in similar sections on here have been told that there seats will be ready for the season.

You should definitely call them back and demand something in the 300's that are still being used. I highly doubt that they can't find a pair together somewhere.

Old
09-14-2011, 06:52 PM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRKING30 View Post
how long did you have the tickets for?
About 15 years.

Old
09-14-2011, 06:53 PM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Quote:
I'm sure they will make it work for you.

Believe it or not, MSG management has been pretty generous to me. I sent a complaint email about gum on my seat, and I got a free buffet and open bar during a game of my choice. Another time I sent an email saying I got stuck on the LIRR during the big snow storm and missed the game, and they gave me 2 tickets to a suite for another game of my choice.

You just have to find the right people to talk to, and they make it right.

BlueShirts88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

All sports have gotten to the point where it's a treat for the average family of 4 to go to a single or a few games a year, much less season tickets. Just look at the absurdity of PSL's and the NFL. Still, I wouldn't have ticket prices be a reason not to root for the team that I love. MSG, MSG+, etc... are all reasonable enough and the commute is easy.

haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
That's weird. A lot of people that have tickets in similar sections on here have been told that there seats will be ready for the season.

You should definitely call them back and demand something in the 300's that are still being used. I highly doubt that they can't find a pair together somewhere.
We had 3 seats. Maybe that is part of the problem.

Old
09-14-2011, 06:54 PM
DrSutton*
Given Up

you'll be missed?

DrSutton* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 06:55 PM
ruckus*

Quote:
What's laughable about it? Why would I hope that the Dolans derive more revenue from winning?

I don't know what I will do about it, but withdrawing support from an organization that treats me shoddily isn't an unreasonable reaction.
I don't disagree with what you're saying. You're talking to someone who gave up his partial plan this season because value wise it makes zero sense for me anymore. The Rangers were killing me for bad seats when I could go on ebay and get tickets to whatever games I want to see and end up saving money in the end.

Dolan owns the Rangers but he's not the Rangers. We all know the guy is scum and a complete idiot. Like I said it's a joke what they did to you. It's embarrassing that any company, let alone an original six organization would treat their loyal customers that way. It's a joke.

I guess looking at it from your perspective I can understand everything, just not the part about it being difficult to root for the team anymore.

You don't have to give your money directly to Dolan. The way I look at it if someboy is selling tickets on ebay they're already paid for and money in his pocket. Me going via them doesn't change anything.

The team that you root for has nothing to do with any business stuff. I don't think any of us root for the Rangers because of Dolan. So your comment is perplexing.

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 06:56 PM
NYRFAN218
Brass God

Quote:
I'm sure they will make it work for you.

Believe it or not, MSG management has been pretty generous to me. I sent a complaint email about gum on my seat, and I got a free buffet and open bar during a game of my choice. Another time I sent an email saying I got stuck on the LIRR during the big snow storm and missed the game, and they gave me 2 tickets to a suite for another game of my choice.

You just have to find the right people to talk to, and they make it right.
Guess it depends on who you talk to like you said. There's stories like yours where it seems like they actually care about their subscribers than there are others I've read or heard where MSG basically showed people who have had their tickets forever the door.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
All sports have gotten to the point where it's a treat for the average family of 4 to go to a single or a few games a year, much less season tickets. Just look at the absurdity of PSL's and the NFL. Still, I wouldn't have ticket prices be a reason not to root for the team that I love. MSG, MSG+, etc... are all reasonable enough and the commute is easy.
Pretty much. Everyone complains how expensive baseball games are but yet those are probably the cheapest out of the four major sports. You can get tickets at Citi Field or even Yankee Stadium in the upper deck for reasonable prices. Forget about football, that's just outrageous and hockey and basketball prices have soared in the past decade.

Old
09-14-2011, 06:56 PM
NYRKING30

Quote:
About 15 years.
that is just so wrong on many levels. its so pitiful what they offer STH'ers after years of loyalty (even one year for that matter). Tampa gives away all sorts of things while msg gives nothing. i just got seasons in 328 yesterday and im actually pissed off for hearing this. its disgusting how these big corps continue to just s*** on the fans. i can't blame for you for walking. im sorry to hear that.

NYRKING30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 06:57 PM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
I could be wrong, but isn't the PSL just a New York NFL thing? Yankees will be the next PSL's, followed by MSG.

Only in New York can people get ripped off like this. Paying for the right to buy a seat...gotta love the humor in that

BlueShirts88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 06:58 PM
NYRFAN218
Brass God

Quote:
We had 3 seats. Maybe that is part of the problem.
Possibly. Even with this though, they should have had a backup plan set up with seats set aside for those in this situation such as yourself.

Maybe even request what they have in the 400's or something. Again, I highly doubt they can't find three together because if they can't, what's being sold as individual tickets? All singles?

Old
09-14-2011, 07:00 PM
NYRFAN218
Brass God

Quote:
I could be wrong, but isn't the PSL just a New York NFL thing? Yankees will be the next PSL's, followed by MSG.

Only in New York can people get ripped off like this. Paying for the right to buy a seat...gotta love the humor in that
A lot of football teams have PSL's, it's pretty common nowadays especially in big markets.

The Yankees and MSG will never do PSL's. It's a tough sell to people for an 81 or 41 home game season where individuals will almost definitely be sold. How do you tell season ticket holders that you have to pay a ridiculous charge to have the right to buy tickets while any person can come up to the box office and not have to do the same? Football you can get away with it because the entire stadium is basically STH's.

Old
09-14-2011, 07:02 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
It's difficult for me to root for an organization that wants to **** me. Have no idea how I will view hockey this year, as far as rooting.
The business side wants to **** you. The team wants you to root them on and they want to win for the fans, including you. Don't let this stop you from rooting for the Rangers. I was a Ranger fan before my family got season tickets. It didn't prevent me from rooting for them. Is Callahan ****ing you over? No. Jim Dolan is. I can understand not going to games because your money will support him, but that doesn't mean you should stop watching the team on TV and rooting for them...