HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part XXI (All non Habs related news here)

Closed Thread

Old
05-24-2011, 12:59 AM
googlymoogly

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Hold on a minute, don't hand out the awards yet! There's been a last minute entry.

You should post this on the Boston board you are a mod

Old
05-24-2011, 01:07 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
You should post this on the Boston board you are a mod
Nah not a good idea to post it on their board. Keep the fun over here.

Old
05-24-2011, 05:27 AM
Talks to Goalposts

If there is justice in this world, these playoffs will demonstrate to the general hockey audience that the Habs fandom is not off base when they describe the incipant jack***ery of the current Bruins squad.

Old
05-24-2011, 05:37 AM
katatoniak

Malone didnt deserve a penalty there ... why when they call a Diving penalty, they automatically put the other guy in the box too ? If you want to slow doen the diving penalties ... punish only the diver. PLayer will think about it before giving a PP to the other team.

Old
05-24-2011, 06:36 AM
jlgib21*

Quote:
Originally Posted by katatoniak View Post
Malone didnt deserve a penalty there ... why when they call a Diving penalty, they automatically put the other guy in the box too ? If you want to slow doen the diving penalties ... punish only the diver. PLayer will think about it before giving a PP to the other team.
Malone,a good physical force, seems to have no hands when it comes to scoring.He's missed a ton of chances.

Old
05-24-2011, 07:16 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
Downey gets a diving call after he gets smashed in the glass head first but Chara falls like a rock from a hook but no diving penalty. Refs really love these Bruins I wonder if there's any family connections between NHL office and a Bruin player
Glen Campbell is the best trade acquisition Chiarelli ever made.

Old
05-24-2011, 07:31 AM
Patccmoi

Can anyone make a youtube of the Subban diving by falling behind in game 7 that had the Bruins in an uproar and how Bergeron drew a penalty by doing the EXACT same thing in the first period? Difference being that a penalty WAS called.

It was like carbon copy, Bergeron holding the guy's stick hard under his arm and just let himself fall backward. Somehow they cheered instead of booing...

Old
05-24-2011, 07:36 AM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Nah not a good idea to post it on their board. Keep the fun over here.
Is there anyone willing to make a compilation of Bruins dives and other theatrics these playoffs that we can trot out anytime Bruins fans complain about the Habs? Sort of a standard response to them when they troll.

Old
05-24-2011, 08:43 AM
Andy

Lol, bruins fans are denying the dives and the ones that do say they learned from the habs. lmao. Chara has more diving penalties than the entire habs team got called for this year lol. The bruins as a team have more dives called against them in the playoffs then the habs have had all year.

Old
05-24-2011, 09:42 AM
jlgib21*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
Lol, bruins fans are denying the dives and the ones that do say they learned from the habs. lmao. Chara has more diving penalties than the entire habs team got called for this year lol. The bruins as a team have more dives called against them in the playoffs then the habs have had all year.
The league and NBC don't want a TB-Vanc finals. TB had their chance with 4 straight PPs and a 1 goal lead.They blew it. Bost-Vanc. fianl,and it's a toss-up

Old
05-24-2011, 10:01 AM
windycity

Is there any database that tracks penalties by team, and specifically diving? Be curious to see what it looks like by team over the years.

Old
05-24-2011, 10:43 AM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudi94 View Post
Is there anyone willing to make a compilation of Bruins dives and other theatrics these playoffs that we can trot out anytime Bruins fans complain about the Habs? Sort of a standard response to them when they troll.
This is a good idea. Put it as a sticky at the top for all visitors to see.

Call it Bruins "diving and crying".

Old
05-24-2011, 10:45 AM
Bill McNeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by windycity View Post
Is there any database that tracks penalties by team, and specifically diving? Be curious to see what it looks like by team over the years.
If there is, I'd like to know.

Until then, by cross-referencing the right terms using Google and NHL.com I compiled this board. Doesn't tell you how many diving penalties individual teams take but how many diving penalties the players that make up those teams have.

So, for example, while Lapierre had quite a few of these penalties with the Habs, he is now a Canuck and thus his numbers contribute to their team number.

If you believe diving is part of a team's culture, these numbers may mean less to you. If you believe it's the individual that dives, then this might mean more as it will tell you 'how many divers' a team has.

Also highlighted the biggest diver on each team, and how many repeat offenders each team has.

Team
Divers
Penalties
Biggest Diver
Name
Repeat Offenders
Canucks 11 25 6 Lapierre7
Flyers 11 23 6 Briere5
Rangers 11 22 7 Avery6
Blue Jackets 8 21 5 Nash/Boll5
Sharks 9 19 9 Nichol2
Predators 8 18 7 Tootoo4
Canadiens 11 18 4 Markov4
Sabres 10 18 4 Roy/Kaleta4
Penguins 11 18 3 Malkin/Kovalev/Kunitz4
Ducks 7 17 8 J. Ruutu4
Devils 6 17 6 Kovalchuk3
Bruins 9 16 5 Chara4
Red Wings 6 13 6 Holmstrom2
Wild 10 13 3 Havlat2
Capitals 6 12 5 Ovechkin2
Stars 6 9 4 Morrow1
Flames 7 9 2 Stajan/Staios2
Lightning 7 9 2 Bergenheim/Downie2
Hurricanes 6 8 3 T. Ruutu2
Kings 4 8 3 Williams/Brown1
Senators 6 6 1 Spezza/Alfredsson (4 others)0
Blackhawks 3 5 2 Hossa/Campoli1
Blues 4 5 2 McDonald0
Maple Leafs 4 5 2 Armstrong0
Avalanche 5 5 1 Liles (4 others)2
Coyotes 5 5 1 Morris (4 others)0
Panthers 3 4 2 Hordichuk1
Islanders 2 2 1 Eaton/MacDonald0
Oilers 2 2 1 R. Jones/Foster0
Thrashers 2 2 1 Dvorak/Schremp0

Old
05-24-2011, 11:19 AM
NHLcrazy

I saw that the possible Winnipeg team won't be called the Jets but still couldn't figure out why... so anybody knows?

I guess someone owns the rights and doesn't want to sell them

Old
05-24-2011, 11:20 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlgib21 View Post
The league and NBC don't want a TB-Vanc finals. TB had their chance with 4 straight PPs and a 1 goal lead.They blew it. Bost-Vanc. fianl,and it's a toss-up
The league would love TB in the finals. Bettman is all about moving the NHL to the southern part of the States. Having a TB-SJ final would make him very happy.

Old
05-24-2011, 12:23 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
The league would love TB in the finals. Bettman is all about moving the NHL to the southern part of the States. Having a TB-SJ final would make him very happy.
Tampa has never been much of a problem and even if they win a cup it's going to be the same again next year, people still won't show up during the regular season. Boston has won championchips in the last couple of years, Patriots-Sox and Celtics, hockey has been down for them, them reaching the cup finals could be huge as well for the NHL. Anyways well see, I don't see Tampa winning this series anyways

Old
05-24-2011, 01:40 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Tampa has never been much of a problem and even if they win a cup it's going to be the same again next year, people still won't show up during the regular season. Boston has won championchips in the last couple of years, Patriots-Sox and Celtics, hockey has been down for them, them reaching the cup finals could be huge as well for the NHL. Anyways well see, I don't see Tampa winning this series anyways
Boston winning will only be good for Boston.

Bettman's message is that hockey in the southern part works. That's what he's been trying to do for the past..10-15 years? So you can bet he would prefer TB to win. Not that I think it would change anything, but for him, I'm pretty sure he'd be quite content as he could use that as an argument.
There's no way TB will win the Cup anyways.

Old
05-24-2011, 01:45 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLcrazy View Post
I saw that the possible Winnipeg team won't be called the Jets but still couldn't figure out why... so anybody knows?

I guess someone owns the rights and doesn't want to sell them
I'm pretty sure the NHL owns the rights to the name/logo.

Old
05-24-2011, 02:11 PM
Classified

My two most hated teams in the NHL, Bruins and Van, (Toronto would be there if they were any good) possibly going head to head in the SCF makes me never want to watch hockey again.

Old
05-24-2011, 02:12 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyVezina View Post
Do you really want to change the rule? I mean, really? Think about it.
With the amount of Boston divers yes, they are the worse team in the league. Maybe they should fine their whiny media mouths as well.

Old
05-24-2011, 02:24 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Boston winning will only be good for Boston.

Bettman's message is that hockey in the southern part works. That's what he's been trying to do for the past..10-15 years? So you can bet he would prefer TB to win. Not that I think it would change anything, but for him, I'm pretty sure he'd be quite content as he could use that as an argument.
There's no way TB will win the Cup anyways.
I think Bettman is a loot smarter than you are gvining him credit for.

First it does work in the south when teams have some semblance of success, but when you have had a team 12 years and never won a playoff game it makes it a hard sell.

Second as much as people want to complain about Canadian teams...Hamilton is not supporting it's AHL team, go check the attdendance in the playoffs for the Bulldogs. Quebec didn't support the Nordiques(at least the city and corporate community) and the same can be said for the Jets.

Old
05-24-2011, 06:08 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I think Bettman is a loot smarter than you are gvining him credit for.

First it does work in the south when teams have some semblance of success, but when you have had a team 12 years and never won a playoff game it makes it a hard sell.

Second as much as people want to complain about Canadian teams...Hamilton is not supporting it's AHL team, go check the attdendance in the playoffs for the Bulldogs. Quebec didn't support the Nordiques(at least the city and corporate community) and the same can be said for the Jets.
That's exactly what defines a good hockey market. If you can still generate income from a bad hockey team, like in Mtl or Toronto, then you know you're in a good market.
If you need to win to get people into it, then eventually, whenever the inevitable of sucking happens, you will lose your fans.
Any city could host a team if it meant being part of the best. There's no secret there.

Bettman is not dumb, but he was wrong about the south.

Old
05-24-2011, 06:09 PM
sheed36

This was for sure brought up before but how did Guy Boucher get than scar on his face? I can't recall reading about it before..

Old
05-24-2011, 06:37 PM
Bill McNeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
This was for sure brought up before but how did Guy Boucher get than scar on his face? I can't recall reading about it before..
I'm not sure if it's common knowledge, but thanks to perhaps my only (extremely) loose connection to the NHL, I heard he was attacked by a German Shepherd when he was younger.

Old
05-24-2011, 08:51 PM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

Oh yeah Canucks

Lapierre Stanley Cup champion

Gauthier

Closed Thread