HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

ECF: (3) Boston Bruins v. (5) Tampa Bay Lightning (BOS Wins Series 4-3)

Old
05-16-2011, 11:37 AM
chuckdobbins

vCash: 50
So did somebody from the Bruins gun down an entire crowd, summary execution style? That's what it seems like today.

Why all the hate from everybody?

chuckdobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2011, 11:41 AM
CamFan81
Derp

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
So did somebody from the Bruins gun down an entire crowd, summary execution style? That's what it seems like today.

When you get to the ECF you have at least 3 fan bases who already hate you (2 beaten, and 1 current opponent) and they follow you to all the GDT's hoping you fail to somehow ease the pain of their demise

CamFan81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2011, 11:43 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamFan81 View Post
When you get to the ECF you have at least 3 fan bases who already hate you (2 beaten, and 1 current opponent) and they follow you to all the GDT's hoping you fail to somehow ease the pain of their demise

dont remember that from Pens/Caps fans last season...

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2011, 12:03 PM
ugotbruined

Wait. I thought we were the ones supposed to be "obsessed" with the habs?

ugotbruined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2011, 12:05 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugotbruined View Post
Wait. I thought we were the ones supposed to be "obsessed" with the habs?

considering on almost every page there's one of you guys "calling us out" I'd say you're right

Old
05-16-2011, 12:06 PM
ugotbruined

Ok, good. So nothings changed. Thanks for clearing that up.

ugotbruined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2011, 12:13 PM
Alicat
Charge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Your fans were screaming "Rangers suck" during the Boogard tribute.

This is worse than anything Habs fans have ever done, ever.
What were you listeng to? I was there and NOTHING like that was yelled. A few people yelled "Boogie and We love you Boogieman." Hardly anything bad.

I am Boston Strong

Alicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2011, 12:14 PM
Sigh
Snowflake

vCash: 1415
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
What were you listeng to? I was there and NOTHING like that was yelled. A few people yelled "Boogie and We love you Boogieman." Hardly anything bad.
Shhh! You'll ruin the fantasy!

Sigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2011, 12:19 PM
gn2007

So if bergeron comes back and downie sucker punches him you guys will say downie is just being tough?

gn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2011, 12:28 PM
Alicat
Charge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigh View Post
Shhh! You'll ruin the fantasy!
LOL. Nice to see they are still a little foggy.

Old
05-16-2011, 12:47 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

Quote:

I remember a lot of hate last year in the Conf. Final as well. or it could of been bitterness. tough to tell.

GoneFullHextall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2011, 12:50 PM
CptxMorgan
Dangerzone

Quote:
Originally Posted by gn2007 View Post
So if bergeron comes back and downie sucker punches him you guys will say downie is just being tough?
No, and I won't say the same about Lucic at the end of game 1.

CptxMorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2011, 01:02 PM
Beyonder91
Seids the Machine

back on topic

i think next game is going to be much different... the first game was pretty much decided by a few bruin mistakes over the course of 2 minutes and Tampa just protected the lead for the rest of the game

i'm interested to see how the teams are going to come out next game...

i'm expecting the Bruins to start out the game playing tight and ensuring they dont' make any mistakes and as they get comfortable start to open up a little more

i honestly haven't watched too much of the lightning these playoffs/season so i'm not really sure what to expect from them

Beyonder91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2011, 01:04 PM
chuckdobbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by gn2007 View Post
Depends on the situation and why Bergeron got punched. I do know that if that does happen, you should expect Downie to be dealt with immediately. And I don't mean be skating over, hands in pockets Vincent Lecavelier style. If there's one thing I love about this Bruins team this year, it's that they're done with taking crap from other teams, and as a team they've got each others backs.

Old
05-16-2011, 01:07 PM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

Yeah, Bruins have zero chance in this series. Just like I said last week.

KreiMeARiver* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2011, 01:07 PM
Intense

Without Bergeron the B's are done

Intense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2011, 01:08 PM
CamFan81
Derp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyonder91 View Post
back on topic

i think next game is going to be much different... the first game was pretty much decided by a few bruin mistakes over the course of 2 minutes

i'm interested to see how the teams are going to come out next game...

i'm expecting the Bruins to start out the game playing tight and ensuring they dont' make any mistakes and as they get comfortable start to open up a little more

i honestly haven't watched too much of the lightning these playoffs/season so i'm not really sure what to expect from them
i think they're going to come out exactly like they did last game, and the series before that, and the end of the series before that.

Clog up the neutral zone, try to capitalize on the opponents mistakes and throw in a PPG in there for good measure.

The bruins need to limit their turnovers ( no news here), be more aggressive on the forcheck. And for god sakes, don't dump the puck just to dump it. oh yea, scoring on the PP would be nice lol

CamFan81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2011, 01:10 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Depends on the situation and why Bergeron got punched. I do know that if that does happen, you should expect Downie to be dealt with immediately. And I don't mean be skating over, hands in pockets Vincent Lecavelier style. If there's one thing I love about this Bruins team this year, it's that they're done with taking crap from other teams, and as a team they've got each others backs.

But dont you think that sometimes, and for the greater good (winning games, series, etc) it would make sense to just suck it up for the team ?

cause, say what you want but I think Horton is a big enough guy to deal with Hedman without the help of Lucic... just like Boychuck doent need to throw punch at someone trying to hug him (everyone know retaliation = penalty)...

Old
05-16-2011, 01:11 PM
bolita

Actually, I really don't hear too many pens and caps fans speaking poorly of the lightning these days---there was a bit of hot talk on this board during those series, but nothing since then, for the most part... I'm sure that the bruins fans will hush up if the bolts prevail in this series.

bolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2011, 01:13 PM
Alicat
Charge!

Quote:
They got called on the carpet after the Cooke-Savard incident and right off the bat this season they established the above. If Bergy got hit by Downie, Bergy would have had to do something completely out of character. If Downie targets Bergie when he comes back this series, he's is in for a world of hurt and it likely won't be from the usual suspects. I don't think Downie wants to be suspended again and cost his team so thinking that he'd do something that stupid at this point doesn't make sense.

Old
05-16-2011, 01:17 PM
nycbruins*

It's one thing to have issues with what Lucic & Horton did, or to have grudges against Bruins fans (God knows I have the same for Habs fans), but to completely make up a disgusting rumor of what Bruins fans did during the moment of silence is more proof that there is absolutely no bottom for Canadiens fans to hit. An absolute disgrace and I wish there were more Habs fans here to admonish this crap. It's disgusting.

Habs fans are the ones who consistently boo the American anthem (chanting USA is pretty stupid, especially when Thomas is your only American player, but not near the level of booing a national anthem). Habs fans are the ones who called 911 and forced the start of a police investigation into a hockey play. Habs fans are the ones polluting multiple threads about a series you have nothing to do with (I really wish there were more Flyers, Hawks etc. fans in here)

You are the ones embarrassing yourselves. I would feel sorry for you if you weren't such nuisances who disrupt the enjoyment of conversations between intelligent, rational fans.

As for the series, I hope all the Bruins haters have enjoyed themselves the last few days, because you're going to see a much better performance from them for the remainder of the series. I know the Lightning are unbeatable and the Bruins aren't very good, enough of you have said it so it must be true, but live it up the next couple days, because things will change and it's a long series.

And when the Bruins come back strong and shove it in your face, I won't be here to gloat about it because most of you are too shameful and pathetic to be worthy of an I-told-you-so. Even though the Bruins are my team that I've loved for 30 years, and they're actually in the playoffs, unlike a certain group of diving whiny pansies that stopped playing a month ago.

nycbruins* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2011, 01:17 PM
Beyonder91
Seids the Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamFan81 View Post
i think they're going to come out exactly like they did last game, and the series before that, and the end of the series before that.

Clog up the neutral zone, try to capitalize on the opponents mistakes and throw in a PPG in there for good measure.

The bruins need to limit their turnovers ( no news here), be more aggressive on the forcheck. And for god sakes, don't dump the puck just to dump it. oh yea, scoring on the PP would be nice lol
has this been their style all year because i always had the impression that they played a more open style in attempt to utilize their skill/speed?!?

i gotta admit Boucher seems like a good coach and has realized that he is a little weak on the backend and this style works well to counteract that fact

Beyonder91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2011, 01:22 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycbruins View Post
It's one thing to have issues with what Lucic & Horton did, or to have grudges against Bruins fans (God knows I have the same for Habs fans), but to completely make up a disgusting rumor of what Bruins fans did during the moment of silence is more proof that there is absolutely no bottom for Canadiens fans to hit. An absolute disgrace and I wish there were more Habs fans here to admonish this crap. It's disgusting.

Habs fans are the ones who consistently boo the American anthem (chanting USA is pretty stupid, especially when Thomas is your only American player, but not near the level of booing a national anthem). Habs fans are the ones who called 911 and forced the start of a police investigation into a hockey play. Habs fans are the ones polluting multiple threads about a series you have nothing to do with (I really wish there were more Flyers, Hawks etc. fans in here)

You are the ones embarrassing yourselves. I would feel sorry for you if you weren't such nuisances who disrupt the enjoyment of conversations between intelligent, rational fans.

As for the series, I hope all the Bruins haters have enjoyed themselves the last few days, because you're going to see a much better performance from them for the remainder of the series. I know the Lightning are unbeatable and the Bruins aren't very good, enough of you have said it so it must be true, but live it up the next couple days, because things will change and it's a long series.

And when the Bruins come back strong and shove it in your face, I won't be here to gloat about it because most of you are too shameful and pathetic to be worthy of an I-told-you-so. Even though the Bruins are my team that I've loved for 30 years, and they're actually in the playoffs, unlike a certain group of diving whiny pansies that stopped playing a month ago.
huh... it's OK to hate us... but just so you know, it's the B/TB serie topic...

Old
05-16-2011, 01:23 PM
chuckdobbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
But dont you think that sometimes, and for the greater good (winning games, series, etc) it would make sense to just suck it up for the team ?

cause, say what you want but I think Horton is a big enough guy to deal with Hedman without the help of Lucic... just like Boychuck doent need to throw punch at someone trying to hug him (everyone know retaliation = penalty)...
Again, depends on the circumstance. I didn't mind the penalty that Boychuk took to be honest. Somebody comes yapping in his face looking to cause trouble, and he found it. It ended up being a stupid penalty, but I thought it was pretty shameful in Vinny's behalf. It's like when 2 guys are ready to fight, and only 1 guy drops the gloves thus getting the instigator.

I shut the game off early so I missed the Lucic/Horton crap. I thought it was pretty lame and uncalled for to be honest. Not sure what set Horton off so bad that he slugged a guy in the face. At the end of a game, that was message sending I guess. Perhaps a "we will see you again on Tuesday" type of thing? I don't know. As stupid as it was, it's not nearly the travesty that it's being made out to be though.

Old
05-16-2011, 01:30 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Again, depends on the circumstance. I didn't mind the penalty that Boychuk took to be honest. Somebody comes yapping in his face looking to cause trouble, and he found it. It ended up being a stupid penalty, but I thought it was pretty shameful in Vinny's behalf. It's like when 2 guys are ready to fight, and only 1 guy drops the gloves thus getting the instigator.

I shut the game off early so I missed the Lucic/Horton crap. I thought it was pretty lame and uncalled for to be honest. Not sure what set Horton off so bad that he slugged a guy in the face. At the end of a game, that was message sending I guess. Perhaps a "we will see you again on Tuesday" type of thing? I don't know. As stupid as it was, it's not nearly the travesty that it's being made out to be though.
Agreed on the "travesty" part, it wasnt all that bad IMO...

but about the sending a message thing, for all I know it doesnt work much in the playoffs (not even in reg season me think, we both know how it went the game following the 8-6 debacle - so much for sending a message), as people are focused on a "greater good"... as an opponent though, the message it sends is that I dont have to push your buttons too hard to get on the PP.

And if I have guys like Stamkos, Hedman, MSL, Vinnie and the deadly MaB slapper, I sure want more PPs