HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Senators sign Jakob Silfverberg; loan him back to SEL

Old
05-17-2011, 08:44 PM
dmarc
SENS!!!!!!!

vCash: 500
Well theres Erik Karlsson little brother Pelle, http://eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=18131

and of course the new Erik Karlsson out of Frolunda who is looking like a decently high pick next draft (late first/ second atm) http://eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=33395

dmarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2011, 09:20 PM
Polakdave
Official Sens' Polak

Send a message via AIM to Polakdave Send a message via MSN to Polakdave Send a message via Yahoo to Polakdave
Imagine a defence of:

Erik Karlsson - Erik Karlsson
Alex Picard - Alex Picard
Pelle Karlsson - Mattias Karlsson

Henrik Karlsson

Polakdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 12:34 AM
Hale The Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolakDave View Post
Imagine a defence of:

Alex Picard - Alex Picard
Pelle Karlsson - Mattias Karlsson

Henrik Karlsson
This defense would be much more formidable

John Carlson - ??? Carlson
Pelle Karlsson - Matthias Karlsson

Hale The Villain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 03:37 AM
Mixen

Everytime someone scores:

The worlds greatest Karlsson!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8o7M4WbIM3I

Mixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 04:04 AM
megalomania

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarc View Post
Well theres Erik Karlsson little brother Pelle, http://eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=18131
Haha he's taller and heavier than #65

megalomania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 08:07 AM
BK201

With the first article in this thread I asked my awesome swedish friend on another site what the just of the article was and he said

Quote:
Daniel Widing, 29, signs for Brynäs HF.

It also says Jakob Silvferberg will almost certainly sign for Ottawa Senators. Lucky you if so, he's awesome. He was great in the World Championship.

BK201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2011, 04:10 AM
Pellegrino

New article. I don't have time to translate though.

http://gd.se/sport/brynas/1.3179132-...ll-bli-utlanad

Pellegrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2011, 04:29 AM
Ladra

Short of the translation

- Ottawa has shown intrest to sign a deal
- He hopes to be loaned to Brynäs, because he doesn't feel ready for the NHL yet

Ladra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2011, 07:44 AM
Cat Herder
Formerly BigSensFan

Here is the google translate of the article linked by Pellegrino

In view of World Cup success, it is hardly a surprise that the NHL club that drafted Silfverberg two years ago now want to get his signature on a paper.

But that was previously only speculation is at least closer to reality now.

- Ottawa to sign an agreement with Jacob. I've talked to him about the situation but unfortunately can not comment more right now, "says Silver's agent Patrik Aronsson to the sport.

Silfverberg was of course delighted when he received the news shortly after returning home from Slovakia.

- It is exciting that they want me first and foremost, they appreciate one. Then I and my agent talked to the pros and cons. But it will not take long before I make my decision, it feels like you want to know what's happening in the future so that you can not just go around and ruminates, "says the 20-year-old striker.

No concrete proposals from Ottawa, he has not seen yet. And he does not know about NHL team intends him to play in North America next season - either in the NHL or the AHL - or if the idea is to contract Silfverberg and then lend him to Bryn on Anton Rödin style.

The agent Patrik Aronsson brings no clarity in how Ottawa intends.

- Sorry, can no more say, he announces.

Just lending flavor attracts anyway Silfverberg, who previously said that he did not feel ready for the NHL.

- I've been thinking a lot and I feel it would be nice if they would sign a contract with me and then want to lend me. Then it remains to see what their plans, "said Silfverberg.

• And if they want you to play over there?

- Then I think about, but it's not like I just stick directly to it.

Silfverberg resting right now after the World Cup adventure and explains that he got off at least weeks out from Bryn.

- We have not said a precise time when I start practicing with the team again, we'll see how I feel next week.

- I do little else, playing tennis and golf. And if I did not train with the team next week I drive a little bit self-training, a bit soft driving

Cat Herder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2011, 07:52 AM
sg58

"I'm very happy they want me, first and foremost, knowing they appreciate you. I've been weighing pros and cons with my agent. It won't be long before I make my decision."

"I've been thinking and it would be nice if they wanted to sign me up and then loan me back to Brynäs. If they want me overseas I'll have to think about that but it's not like I'll just go if they say so."

The general consensus of the article is that he will be signed soon and preferrably loaned back, which is what most likely will happen, because of that very reason.

sg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2011, 08:35 AM
SpezDispenser

Quote:
Originally Posted by steffeG View Post
"I'm very happy they want me, first and foremost, knowing they appreciate you. I've been weighing pros and cons with my agent. It won't be long before I make my decision."

"I've been thinking and it would be nice if they wanted to sign me up and then loan me back to Brynäs. If they want me overseas I'll have to think about that but it's not like I'll just go if they say so."

The general consensus of the article is that he will be signed soon and preferrably loaned back, which is what most likely will happen, because of that very reason.
Honestly, there's a time and a place for him to want to go back to Brynas for another year -and this isn't the time or the place IMO. He needs to play in Bingo on NA sized rinks and get accustomed to the style of play. I hope he makes the right choice.

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2011, 09:37 AM
senswon

That last sentence worries me

senswon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2011, 09:37 AM
The Expert
Registered Expert

Quote:

For the best, he knows a hell of a lot better than any of us if he's ready. Another year in Brynas, as a top player to start the season this time, with another year to work on physicality and conditioning is for the best.

The Expert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2011, 09:39 AM
SensFanInBoston

hmm, sounds like he wants to stay in Europe next year. I saw in another thread that Moller isn't likely to get enough time in LA. Could this be a potential trade.

NOTE: I don't know much about either prospect but I'm sure others will jump in...

SensFanInBoston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2011, 09:42 AM
Tuna99

Quote:

Good. Being strong headed is the best asset for a prospect. Not like Ottawa will be in a position for him to suceed next year anyway.

Give De Costa, Condra, Greening, O'Brein, Hamilton, #6 a chance to crack the lineup next year and establish themselves and we can integrate Silferberg and Sorenssen and our other 1st round choices the following year.

Playing #1 PP and #1 PK and on a top line in Sweden is not a bad thing, he'll come in a better prospect, and bigger and stronger

Tuna99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2011, 09:44 AM
senswon

If Silfverberg refuses to sign based on not wanting to leave Sweden I can see us trading his rights....gotta make hay while the sun shines
Personally I'd rather not bounce a 20 yr old prospect but his signing is taking awhile.
Curious why he thinks he isn't ready and how another year in the SEL will better serve his developement compared to some time in the ahl

senswon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2011, 09:48 AM
SpezDispenser

Quote:
Originally Posted by senswon View Post
If Silfverberg refuses to sign based on not wanting to leave Sweden I can see us trading his rights....gotta make hay while the sun shines
Personally I'd rather not bounce a 20 yr old prospect but his signing is taking awhile.
Curious why he thinks he isn't ready and how another year in the SEL will better serve his developement compared to some time in the ahl
Oh gosh no, we'd be crazy to trade him. If he wants that badly to play another year in the SEL, it's really no skin off our backs. Unfortunately, we could use him playing in NA with guys who he'll have to get to know anyway, but it wouldn't be the end of the world.

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2011, 10:15 AM
The Expert
Registered Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by senswon View Post
Trade a 20 year old because he wants to spend another year in Sweden. Absolutely brilliant. It's entirely his choice, why the hell is he obligated to come over when he'll be only 20 when the season starts?

The Expert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2011, 10:39 AM
starling

I still think it's a kid talking who doesn't want to leave his home. I hope his agent will turn him around.

starling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2011, 10:49 AM
Ladra

Just woow at some coments...
Is it rushing someone convincing them to do something they don't feel they are ready to do? I would say so..
Could it damage his development if he wasn't ready? I think so...

Why not trade his rights for a bag of pucks to the DRW?

Ladra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 05:39 AM
Hockeyfrilla

Just saw this article: http://gd.se/sport/brynas/1.3298609-...-pa-for-ottawa

"Jakob Silfverberg has signed a three-year contract with the NHL club Ottawa. His agent confirms."

Will stay in sweden 1 more year tho.

Hockeyfrilla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 05:44 AM
Kush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfrilla View Post
Just saw this article: http://gd.se/sport/brynas/1.3298609-...-pa-for-ottawa

"Jakob Silfverberg has signed a three-year contract with the NHL club Ottawa. His agent confirms."

Will stay in sweden 1 more year tho.

AWESOME NEWS!!!!

Kush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 06:01 AM
sg58

Would've liked him to come over, but it's good to see him signing so that we wouldn't have to worry about any kind of Wheeler-situation.

sg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 07:47 AM
HappyDude
Classless

The guy should be playign the AHL next year. Swedish hockey will only make him weak. He needs to learn how to block shots with his face and throw huge checks like Francis Lessard.

HappyDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 07:54 AM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
Ehh...would rather see him play for us, but whatever

OmniSens is offline   Reply With Quote