HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Yemelin signed 1yr/$984,200 (two-way deal with clause to return to KHL if demoted)

Old
05-17-2011, 08:37 PM
Ginu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeBey View Post
Eh...why does every one think that having Emelin for cheap means we should break the bank with Wiz AND Markov? What if Emelin wants a raise next year? What about the huge raises that Price and Subban will be getting?

Also, I keep reading his name as Alasexy on the Canadiens site. Maybe it's a sign?
Because Spacek will be off the books and Gomez's contract looks more attractive to lower salary teams because his remaining salary << cap hit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
That was my first thought too.

Markov-Wisniewski
Gorges-Subban
Gill-Emelin

With those bottom 4 guys making barely anything, I'm sure we could fit in Wiz and Markov...
Wisniewski can play the left side, I don't believe Gorges can. I'd do:

Wisniewski - Subban
Markov - Emelin
Gill - Gorges

Markov will be coming back from injury and Emelin's first time in the NHL, I'd officially make that the second pairing though it doesn't even really matter.

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2011, 08:38 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 827
Woah! Nice and unexpected birthday gift.. thank you habs

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2011, 08:45 PM
JHabs61

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeBey View Post
Eh...why does every one think that having Emelin for cheap means we should break the bank with Wiz AND Markov? What if Emelin wants a raise next year? What about the huge raises that Price and Subban will be getting?

Also, I keep reading his name as Alasexy on the Canadiens site. Maybe it's a sign?
I laughed really hard.

But I really hope (Y)Emelin turns out too be physical and knows how to score.. in NA that is. I don't think we should sign Wiz + Markov because We have to think of Subban, Eller and Price next season ...

JHabs61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2011, 08:53 PM
25th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
Because Spacek will be off the books and Gomez's contract looks more attractive to lower salary teams because his remaining salary << cap hit.

Wisniewski - Subban
Markov - Emelin
Gill - Gorges

Markov will be coming back from injury and Emelin's first time in the NHL, I'd officially make that the second pairing though it doesn't even really matter.
Gorges is a lefty (who plays well on the right side) , so is Emilin...

25th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2011, 09:09 PM
Ginu

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25th View Post
Gorges is a lefty (who plays well on the right side) , so is Emilin...
I'm not certain Gorges has experience playing the left side, Emelin too. I could be wrong. Wisniewski does play both tho.

Old
05-17-2011, 09:27 PM
Captain Saku

Quote:

Wisniewski - Subban
Markov - Emelin
Gill - Gorges

how can't Gorges play on the left side? that's his natural position, he was just moved to the right side when he joined the habs because we lacked right shooting defensemen.

Captain Saku is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2011, 09:32 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Left handed people (ie Gorges) know how to play on the left side and even on the right side. Right handed shooters normally play on the right side and almost never on the left. There's more left handed shots than right.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2011, 09:35 PM
Bieber fever

he's going to freak out when he'll receive his first paycheck.50% income tax hahaha

Bieber fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2011, 09:38 PM
Estimated_Prophet

People here need to accept the fact that we will not have Markov AND Wiz back next season. It is one or the other, but not both.

Regardless whether PG wants both of them, Wiz will not sign here if he has to split PP duties with Markov and Subban. All three are legitimate 1st PP unit dmen on any NHL team and none of them would be happy with reduced PP minutes.

Also........I fully expect PG to move Weber at the draft to try and acquire a 2nd round pick. Gauthier has already stated that he thinks Emelin and Diaz are ready to play in the NHL. If this is the case then there isn't any room for Weber.

Estimated_Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2011, 09:39 PM
macavoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsauce514 View Post
he's going to freak out when he'll receive his first paycheck.50% income tax hahaha
shhhhh don't warn him

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2011, 09:40 PM
Ginu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
People here need to accept the fact that we will not have Markov AND Wiz back next season. It is one or the other, but not both.

Regardless whether PG wants both of them, Wiz will not sign here if he has to split PP duties with Markov and Subban. All three are legitimate 1st PP unit dmen on any NHL team and none of them would be happy with reduced PP minutes.

Also........I fully expect PG to move Weber at the draft to try and acquire a 2nd round pick. Gauthier has already stated that he thinks Emelin and Diaz are ready to play in the NHL. If this is the case then there isn't any room for Weber.
You don't know that. With the signings of Emelin and Diaz below $1m each, you have no idea how the defense will round into form next year. Your guess is as good as ours.

Old
05-17-2011, 09:44 PM
Estimated_Prophet

Markov - Emelin
Subban - Gill
Diaz - Gorges
Spacek

Injuries aside, I wouldn't be surprised to see these pairings by Christmas

Old
05-17-2011, 09:50 PM
Beendair Donedat

Habs blueline just got a whole lot nastier. Thats not a bad thing at all - its been far too long since we've had a guy who really throws a little fear into the opposing team. Gauthier better bring in a couple of tougher forwards now though, because between Yemelin/Subban there will be no shortage of people looking for trouble with our blueline crew.

Beendair Donedat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2011, 09:51 PM
habsrule22

Markov-Wiz
Emelin-Subban
Bieksa-Gorges
Spacek-Diaz(start in Hamilton)

Salaries- 5.2 +4.1 + 1.7 + 0.895 + 4.8 + 2.3 + 3.8 =22.785m

Spacek gets move at some point.

habsrule22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2011, 09:56 PM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
You don't know that. With the signings of Emelin and Diaz below $1m each, you have no idea how the defense will round into form next year. Your guess is as good as ours.
Wiz has already said as much himself .........so yeah......I do know that

Old
05-17-2011, 09:59 PM
Bieber fever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beendair Donedat View Post
Habs blueline just got a whole lot nastier. Thats not a bad thing at all - its been far too long since we've had a guy who really throws a little fear into the opposing team. Gauthier better bring in a couple of tougher forwards now though, because between Yemelin/Subban there will be no shortage of people looking for trouble with our blueline crew.
I hope PG bring another physical D , At the moment only Emelin (we are not even sure if he's going to play a full season with the Habs) and Subban are tough. Markov,Diaz,Weber,Gorges,Spacek are all softtttt

Old
05-17-2011, 10:01 PM
jlgib21*

Quote:
I hope PG bring another physical D , At the moment only Emelin (we are not even sure if he's going to play a full season with the Habs) and Subban are tough. Markov,Diaz,Weber,Gorges,Spacek are all softtttt
Like the move,alot. But you're right. Reghier is available,I wonder if we have what it takes to acquire him

jlgib21* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2011, 10:02 PM
White Spy
Spy vs Blades

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsrule22 View Post
Markov-Wiz
Emelin-Subban
Bieksa-Gorges
Spacek-Diaz(start in Hamilton)

Salaries- 5.2 +4.1 + 1.7 + 0.895 + 4.8 + 2.3 + 3.8 =22.785m

Spacek gets move at some point.
And how do you sign Subban, Price and possibly Yemelin next year? And maybe even Pacioretty depending..

White Spy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2011, 10:04 PM
White Spy
Spy vs Blades

Quote:
These two words do not belong in the same sentence.

White Spy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2011, 10:04 PM
Bullsmith

Quote:
I'm not certain Gorges has experience playing the left side, Emelin too. I could be wrong. Wisniewski does play both tho.

Gorges is a better defensive player than Wiz on both sides of the ice. Not even close.

The thing about Wiz that seems to be overlooked on these boards is he's not a very good defensive player. He's not MAB, but he's really a liability in a lot of defensive situations as his +/- tends to indicate. He was a fantastic replacement for Markov given the relatively low trade cost, but he'd be an abysmal replacement for Hamr. IF Markov is back then the organization has enough undersized offensive defencemen in Markov, Subban and, to a lesser extent, Spacek and Weber. Add in undersized Josh Gorges and you get a group of d who need the things Wiz doesn't bring. Take Markov out of the mix and it's a different story.

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2011, 10:15 PM
Bieber fever

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitespy View Post
These two words do not belong in the same sentence.
Gorges is far from being a physical Defensman , he's also brutal when he drop his glove ( not is job anyway)

Old
05-17-2011, 10:18 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Gorges is far from being a physical Defensman , he's also brutal when he drop his glove ( not is job anyway)
He takes the man...not ultra physical, but he is the opposite of soft.

Monctonscout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Toughness shouldn't only be measured by physicality.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
People here need to accept the we are now 18 mil richer with just the defensmens that are going to free agency. If Wiz ends up making Hammer's mobey, what's the problem salary cap wise?

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2011, 10:25 PM
Vasculio
Booya !

Quote:
With the amount of abuse he takes from opponents checks, blocked shots (even with hi head, and comes back after), always finishes his checks even if he's not the biggest around, or just the fact that he'll do whatever needs to be done in order to help his team to win, I still have to wonder why some people call him soft...

Vasculio is offline   Reply With Quote