HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

4th liners the Rangers should now target

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-26-2011, 12:46 PM
  #351
mullichicken25
Registered User
 
mullichicken25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,515
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
I am making a list of players over this offseason who Dubinsky is better than on this board. I will post the All-Star team in September.

So far we have:
Rick Nash
Danny Heatley
Brad Richards
Paul Stastny
Mike Richards
Milan Lucic
lets not confuse tougher with better...theres a lot of that going on in this thread

mullichicken25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 12:48 PM
  #352
BrianBoyle
↓ Perfection ↓
 
BrianBoyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: On the grass
Country: United States
Posts: 51,523
vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
I am making a list of players over this offseason who Dubinsky is better than on this board. I will post the All-Star team in September.

So far we have:
Rick Nash
Danny Heatley
Brad Richards
Paul Stastny
Mike Richards

Milan Lucic
Where did you get these from?

Lucic is completely debatable. Guy has done barely anything in the playoffs, and, just like Dubinsky, padded his stats with a bunch of empty netters. Dubinsky is better defensively, too.

Heately, obviously not, but I still wouldn't go back to 2009 and trade Dubinsky in a package for him.

__________________

Neutral Milk Hotel are literally GOAT
Amy Poehler <3

Credit to Ail for the sig.
BrianBoyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 12:48 PM
  #353
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Long Island
Posts: 8,167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare View Post
St.Louis = Mini Monster.

He is a warrior.
When i think of tough, i think of guys who can bang with the best of them. I know St. Louis is a warrior. That is actually one of the things i liked about Zucc this past season. He takes **** from no one. Still don't think he's tough though.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 12:48 PM
  #354
hockeyman001
Registered User
 
hockeyman001's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 139
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare View Post
When I referr to size, I am not talking about how much a guy weighs or how tall he is.

Stevens was the most ferocious player I have ever watch.

Daneyko and McKay were two of the best pound for pound guys in the league.

Even though those guys Souray/Mitchell were traded or weren't that good at the time they were still guys who offered that element of playing a hard nose game.

I love Sauer and I want him to play here for the next 10 years but he is only one of a handful of those types of guys on our team or in the system.

Sauer - not a good fighter
Dubi - not a good fighter and you don't want him fighting anyway
Prust - very good light middleweight
Avery -not a good fighter
Cally - read Dubi
Boyle - I could take

Put these guys in a 7 game serious like the one that is being played right now and we would get eatin alive...it is really pretty simple to see.
Exactly, it's how they play. Stevens was one of the best defensemen ever but not because of fighting though. Stevens hit the snot out of people night in and night out, could move the puck and was valuable offensively also. He wasn't the best fighter in the league nor anywhere close, but he was the best hitter in the game for more than a decade.

Staal is a very good open ice hitter and strong, I've said this about him a lot...he just needs to do it more consistently. He KILLED Stajan this year, reminiscent of some of the Stevens hits. Just needs to do it more.

However the forward core doesn't need any more toughness unless it adds to skill also. We should not reduce the limited amount of skill on this team in pursuit of the Zenon Konopka's of the world, particularly at the forward position.

Show me a 22 year old Ken Daneyko and I'd add that guy to this team in a heartbeat. Same for a 22 year old Randy McKay. But not a 22 year old Krzystof Oliwa.

Callahan has been injury prone but that's his style and he needs to play that way to be effective. Blocking the shot was a bad break, that had nothing to do with his aggressive forechecking. He wasn't the first and won't be the last guy to get injured throwing a hit. Hell if Jagr can get hurt hitting someone anyone can.

The team needs to focus on skill. If there are guys like Clowe (who BTW are not the "4th" line player everyone claims the Rangers should "now target" in this thread...Clowe is a top 6 guy), then yes you jump and get them. But you don't ignore Brad Richards and sign Mike Rupp, Konopka, and DJ King thinking that will add the toughness to compete with some very good, very fast, very skilled, and very physical teams in the playoffs.

hockeyman001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 12:49 PM
  #355
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Long Island
Posts: 8,167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
I am making a list of players over this offseason who Dubinsky is better than on this board. I will post the All-Star team in September.

So far we have:
Rick Nash
Danny Heatley
Brad Richards
Paul Stastny
Mike Richards
Milan Lucic
Most homerist post ever

Edit: Didn't realize the context you put it in. But classic post nonetheless.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 12:50 PM
  #356
Radek27
Registered User
 
Radek27's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 4,969
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Mastrosimone View Post
Where did you get these from?

Lucic is completely debatable. Guy has done barely anything in the playoffs, and, just like Dubinsky, padded his stats with a bunch of empty netters. Dubinsky is better defensively, too.

Heately, obviously not, but I still wouldn't go back to 2009 and trade Dubinsky in a package for him.
I got these from threads and posts on these players since the season ended.

Radek27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 12:51 PM
  #357
Orr Nightmare
Registered User
 
Orr Nightmare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,604
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mullichicken25 View Post
you make a solid point, the toughness of our 3rd string goalie and a few other scrubs who barely spent any time on the ice this season is really holding this team back
Yes. Chad Johnson is holding us back...but just think if Hank tweaked something he would have been our starting goalie...but let's pretend that can't happen.

Eric Christensen played over sixty games this year. Wolski played almost every game after he was traded here...MZA we were so desperate he would turn out even though it was clear he wasn't going to sustain.

Do me a favor and take your head out of your ass and read what I write instead of trying to be this hockey prophet.

Orr Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 12:51 PM
  #358
BrianBoyle
↓ Perfection ↓
 
BrianBoyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: On the grass
Country: United States
Posts: 51,523
vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
I got these from threads and posts on these players since the season ended.
I don't remember anyone saying Dubinsky was better than the highlighted players.

Dany Heatley I remember, and Lucic obviously, but BB wasn't necessarily saying that he was the better player, just saying he was just as tough as Lucic.

BrianBoyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 12:52 PM
  #359
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Long Island
Posts: 8,167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare View Post
Yes. Chad Johnson is holding us back...but just think if Hank tweaked something he would have been our starting goalie...but let's pretend that can't happen.

Eric Christensen played over sixty games this year. Wolski played almost every game after he was traded here...MZA we were so desperate he would turn out even though it was clear he wasn't going to sustain.

Do me a favor and take your head out of your ass and read what I write instead of trying to be this hockey prophet.
Who's to say MZA won't turn out? He was a rookie and played pretty decent last year. I really think fatigue is what got to him late in the season.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 12:54 PM
  #360
Orr Nightmare
Registered User
 
Orr Nightmare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,604
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyman001 View Post
Exactly, it's how they play. Stevens was one of the best defensemen ever but not because of fighting though. Stevens hit the snot out of people night in and night out, could move the puck and was valuable offensively also. He wasn't the best fighter in the league nor anywhere close, but he was the best hitter in the game for more than a decade.

Staal is a very good open ice hitter and strong, I've said this about him a lot...he just needs to do it more consistently. He KILLED Stajan this year, reminiscent of some of the Stevens hits. Just needs to do it more.

However the forward core doesn't need any more toughness unless it adds to skill also. We should not reduce the limited amount of skill on this team in pursuit of the Zenon Konopka's of the world, particularly at the forward position.

Show me a 22 year old Ken Daneyko and I'd add that guy to this team in a heartbeat. Same for a 22 year old Randy McKay. But not a 22 year old Krzystof Oliwa.

Callahan has been injury prone but that's his style and he needs to play that way to be effective. Blocking the shot was a bad break, that had nothing to do with his aggressive forechecking. He wasn't the first and won't be the last guy to get injured throwing a hit. Hell if Jagr can get hurt hitting someone anyone can.

The team needs to focus on skill. If there are guys like Clowe (who BTW are not the "4th" line player everyone claims the Rangers should "now target" in this thread...Clowe is a top 6 guy), then yes you jump and get them. But you don't ignore Brad Richards and sign Mike Rupp, Konopka, and DJ King thinking that will add the toughness to compete with some very good, very fast, very skilled, and very physical teams in the playoffs.
I agree and I never stated that I want to add DJ King and ignore Brad Richards. My only concern with Richards is contract length and cap hit.

Orr Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 12:56 PM
  #361
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 17,582
vCash: 500
Yeah, because saying Dubinsky is just as tough as Lucic means I think he's better.

By the way, I do think Dubi can put up 60 points and hang with Lucic. Don't see how that's so nuts, but it appears being confident in this team can't happen without being called a homer.



Crying to the ref when he can't handle Prust.

And yes, I absolutely do think we could beat the Bruins or San Jose in a 7 game series. Remember that one guy who makes this team relevant? Henrik Lundqvist? Yeah, i'm pretty sure he would be able to handle the Bruins. He did this season just fine. Hank is also leagues better than Jimmy Howard, so if that top line has the ****** series they had against Detroit I bet you we take them. But obviously because I think this team could do good it means i'm nuts. You have no comment because you're off the wrong opinion that this team is soft. Add some bruisers, absolutely. Do we get tossed around? Anybody with eyes sees that it doesn't happen.


By the way, do you remember how the Caps scored goals against Hank? It sure as hell wasn't because of crease mayhem except the tying goal in game 1. They beat Hank because of sniping, not because of parking a doofus infront of the net.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 12:56 PM
  #362
Orr Nightmare
Registered User
 
Orr Nightmare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,604
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface NYR View Post
Who's to say MZA won't turn out? He was a rookie and played pretty decent last year. I really think fatigue is what got to him late in the season.
I didn't say he won't...I said we were so desperate for his talent that we rushed him.

But the prophet said he was a nobody, not me.

Orr Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 12:59 PM
  #363
Orr Nightmare
Registered User
 
Orr Nightmare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,604
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Yeah, because saying Dubinsky is just as tough as Lucic means I think he's better.

By the way, I do think Dubi can put up 60 points and hang with Lucic. Don't see how that's so nuts, but it appears being confident in this team can't happen without being called a homer.



Crying to the ref when he can't handle Prust.

And yes, I absolutely do think we could beat the Bruins or San Jose in a 7 game series. Remember that one guy who makes this team relevant? Henrik Lundqvist? Yeah, i'm pretty sure he would be able to handle the Bruins. He did this season just fine. Hank is also leagues better than Jimmy Howard, so if that top line has the ****** series they had against Detroit I bet you we take them. But obviously because I think this team could do good it means i'm nuts. You have no comment because you're off the wrong opinion that this team is soft. Add some bruisers, absolutely. Do we get tossed around? Anybody with eyes sees that it doesn't happen.
He was crying to the ref because he broke up the fight....amazing how people see thngs so differently.

Have you watched one playoff hockey game this year?

Orr Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 01:01 PM
  #364
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 17,582
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare View Post
He was crying to the ref because he broke up the fight....amazing how people see thngs so differently.

Have you watched one playoff hockey game this year?
Nope, absolutely not. I sure as hell haven't seen Lucic score 3 goals in 17 playoff games.

Lucic acts tough when the referee comes in to break it up after Prust mashes his face in.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 01:02 PM
  #365
RangerFan10
Registered User
 
RangerFan10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Long Island/Plattsbu
Country: United States
Posts: 5,328
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare View Post
The playoffs are a game of chess, combat and skill.

You have to outsmart, outmuslce and outwill your oppopent...

You are not winning any war's with Eric Christensen, MZA, Gilroy, Wolski, Drury, Frolov and Chad Johnson in your lineup.

If we continue to target guys like this...we will never get anywhere.

When we traded for Zherdev, everyone was in love with his talent but everyone forgot to check his heart and we found out within 20 games that he was another waste of a talent.

I am tried of going after pipe dreams and lets start focusing on guys that want to win.

2008-09 Zherdev scored 58 points, Hartnell, 60 points, who would u rather have.

The guy with all the talent or the guy who give 110%
I don't really understand what Frolov, MZA or Chad Johnson have to do with anything. Does Chad Johnson as our backup make us less tough?

Frolov was a stop-gap, low-risk high-reward option that didn't pan out. And was FAR from soft. I think a distinction needs to be made between soft, tough, and somewhere inbetween. Frolov may not go around making people hurt, but I have a hard time grouping a guy that can dominate the corners in with Matt Gilroy, EC and Wolski and labeling him soft.

The same goes for MZA, who could easily be the "warrior" St. Louis is. His first game as a Ranger he was going after the biggest guy on the ice in Hedman.

And Drury's not really soft either, he's just worn down. Drury even 2 or 3 years ago fits this team's identity really well, he just can't play that way anymore. He looks old out there. Drury a few years ago was the complete opposite of guys you "aren't winning with"

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 01:04 PM
  #366
RangerFan10
Registered User
 
RangerFan10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Long Island/Plattsbu
Country: United States
Posts: 5,328
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare View Post
I get it as clear as day...I have been calling for a balance since page one...but for some reason, I am labeled as the goon lover.
Because you go over the top to prove your point. Point in case, the previous post I quoted where for some reason you decided to bring Chad Johnson into the discussion.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 01:04 PM
  #367
Orr Nightmare
Registered User
 
Orr Nightmare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,604
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Yeah, because saying Dubinsky is just as tough as Lucic means I think he's better.

By the way, I do think Dubi can put up 60 points and hang with Lucic. Don't see how that's so nuts, but it appears being confident in this team can't happen without being called a homer.



Crying to the ref when he can't handle Prust.

And yes, I absolutely do think we could beat the Bruins or San Jose in a 7 game series. Remember that one guy who makes this team relevant? Henrik Lundqvist? Yeah, i'm pretty sure he would be able to handle the Bruins. He did this season just fine. Hank is also leagues better than Jimmy Howard, so if that top line has the ****** series they had against Detroit I bet you we take them. But obviously because I think this team could do good it means i'm nuts. You have no comment because you're off the wrong opinion that this team is soft. Add some bruisers, absolutely. Do we get tossed around? Anybody with eyes sees that it doesn't happen.


By the way, do you remember how the Caps scored goals against Hank? It sure as hell wasn't because of crease mayhem except the tying goal in game 1. They beat Hank because of sniping, not because of parking a doofus infront of the net.
You think dubi could do this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YL6RRl6pV00

or this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTPJP...feature=fvwrel

or this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPp7A...eature=related

Orr Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 01:05 PM
  #368
OverTheCap
Registered User
 
OverTheCap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 9,234
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
I am making a list of players over this offseason who Dubinsky is better than on this board. I will post the All-Star team in September.

So far we have:
Rick Nash
Danny Heatley
Brad Richards
Paul Stastny
Mike Richards
Milan Lucic
I can't recall anyone on these boards saying that Dubinsky was better than Nash, B. Richards, etc., but I have seen some posters say that they would hesitate to trade Dubinsky for one of the aforementioned players. There is a huge difference between saying that "Dubinsky is better than Heatley, B. Richards, etc" and saying that "I wouldn't want to trade Dubinsky in a package for Heatley, B. Richards, etc."

For example, it wouldn't have made much sense to trade Dubinsky for B. Richards at the trade deadline since Richards is going to be a free agent. Nor does it make sense to trade Dubi for comparable players such Richards or Lucic, especially since it's likely that Dubi's cap hit would be less than either of those players.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 01:06 PM
  #369
RangerFan10
Registered User
 
RangerFan10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Long Island/Plattsbu
Country: United States
Posts: 5,328
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare View Post
Do you think the Rangers could beat the Bruins, Tampa, San Jose or Vancouver in a 7 game serious?

They are not only better skilled they are also bigger, meanier and just outright nasty to play against.

So, you want to add Brad Richards, that's fine but unless you also add a Milan Lucic and Doug Murray type, Richards alone will get you to the same point we got to this year.
I don't know what Tampa team you've been watching all season including the playoffs, but they aren't miles ahead of the rangers in terms of being "meanier" and aren't "outright nasty to play against" at all. When I see Tampa, I see a team that can dominate special teams and they have the right role players to compliment their stars at the top of the lineup.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 01:07 PM
  #370
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Long Island
Posts: 8,167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
I don't know what Tampa team you've been watching all season including the playoffs, but they aren't miles ahead of the rangers in terms of being "meanier" and aren't "outright nasty to play against" at all. When I see Tampa, I see a team that can dominate special teams and they have the right role players to compliment their stars at the top of the lineup.
Meanier...lol

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 01:08 PM
  #371
Orr Nightmare
Registered User
 
Orr Nightmare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,604
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
I don't really understand what Frolov, MZA or Chad Johnson have to do with anything. Does Chad Johnson as our backup make us less tough?

Frolov was a stop-gap, low-risk high-reward option that didn't pan out. And was FAR from soft. I think a distinction needs to be made between soft, tough, and somewhere inbetween. Frolov may not go around making people hurt, but I have a hard time grouping a guy that can dominate the corners in with Matt Gilroy, EC and Wolski and labeling him soft.

The same goes for MZA, who could easily be the "warrior" St. Louis is. His first game as a Ranger he was going after the biggest guy on the ice in Hedman.

And Drury's not really soft either, he's just worn down. Drury even 2 or 3 years ago fits this team's identity really well, he just can't play that way anymore. He looks old out there. Drury a few years ago was the complete opposite of guys you "aren't winning with"
You win, I am done, the Rangers are Brad Richards away from winning the cup.

Orr Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 01:11 PM
  #372
RangerFan10
Registered User
 
RangerFan10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Long Island/Plattsbu
Country: United States
Posts: 5,328
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare View Post
Yes. Chad Johnson is holding us back...but just think if Hank tweaked something he would have been our starting goalie...but let's pretend that can't happen.

Eric Christensen played over sixty games this year. Wolski played almost every game after he was traded here...MZA we were so desperate he would turn out even though it was clear he wasn't going to sustain.

Do me a favor and take your head out of your ass and read what I write instead of trying to be this hockey prophet.
I'm not that concerned with Johnson or Biron having to handle or split the load if Hank goes down for awhile. Your original post said that teams do not win with guys like Chad Johnson. It's an irrelevant point to make. It's like saying the Sharks are in trouble because they have Thomas Greiss or the Bruins are in trouble because of Michael Hutchinson.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 01:11 PM
  #373
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 17,582
vCash: 500
The only impressive fight there is with Neil. He lands one or two good punches on Clarkson, and he had to take Ivanans to the ice.






But no, Dubi's a ***** compared to THE LOOCH.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 01:12 PM
  #374
RangerFan10
Registered User
 
RangerFan10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Long Island/Plattsbu
Country: United States
Posts: 5,328
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare View Post
You win, I am done, the Rangers are Brad Richards away from winning the cup.
If you didn't get so irrational about a debate, people would take you more serious and not label you a "goon lover."

Where do I say in this entire thread we can win a cup with the team we have plus Brad Richards?

Do I think we need to get tougher? Yes. But don't act like we've been fielding 16 or 17 of 18 guys that are soft as toilet tissue all year, or that we're the softest team int he league.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 01:16 PM
  #375
mullichicken25
Registered User
 
mullichicken25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,515
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare View Post
Yes. Chad Johnson is holding us back...but just think if Hank tweaked something he would have been our starting goalie...but let's pretend that can't happen.

Eric Christensen played over sixty games this year. Wolski played almost every game after he was traded here...MZA we were so desperate he would turn out even though it was clear he wasn't going to sustain.

Do me a favor and take your head out of your ass and read what I write instead of trying to be this hockey prophet.
prophet? haha i'll take it

Biron was an excellent signing as a back up goaltender and not sure you can fault a team for having a 3rd string goalie that may not be up to snuff for a cup run

EC played 60 games where he bounced between a healthy scratch and 4th line minutes....with a sprinkle of 20min games in there

MZA was a rookie call up in desperate times

frolov was on the IR

wolski played only part of the season, was a means to dump rosi's salary and potentially bring in some O, and may/may not be in the teams future plans

gilroy was a 6th defensman that spent some time as a healthy scratch

Drury was hurt all season (and as a side note i dont think he's ever had his toughness and heart questioned...skill? yes, contract? absolultely, heart and desire? never)

my point is that you listed a bunch of players who had, to put it very lightly, limited effect on the outcome of last season and phrased it in a "you can win with guys like this" kind of manor...like they're some type of core

i wish that the collective performance of a bunch of guys who probablly combined to play the average minutes of 2 full time players was our biggest problem....but it aint

i understand you feel asaulted in this thread, but your just getting silly now...chad johnson haha

mullichicken25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:16 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.