HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Did PK save Price?

Old
05-19-2011, 08:14 AM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

vCash: 500
Price stop puck. Win games.

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2011, 08:23 AM
Talks to Goalposts

Price saves the puck. Everything else is pseudo-analytic gibberjabber.

Talks to Goalposts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2011, 08:50 AM
habspinner

Nice to see some varied responses. That was what I was expecting. For me I think that their relationship is invaluable, and shows the quality of relationships with this team.

I agree with both opinions that were put out here - and yes Price did save himself greatly this year - he really is as good as he was touted to be.

habspinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2011, 10:30 AM
Crusher20

Send a message via AIM to Crusher20 Send a message via Yahoo to Crusher20
He didnt save Price but they both helped each other each player deflect pressure from the other one but i could think that Subban may have helped little more because, he is such a stronger caracter. That it, we have NEVER saw Subban blame a partner eveven with a disbelief reaction.. carey was doing it all the time before as close as last season.... but thats my personal opinion, dont hate me if you disagree.

Crusher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2011, 10:36 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusher20 View Post
He didnt save Price but they both helped each other each player deflect pressure from the other one but i could think that Subban may have helped little more because, he is such a stronger caracter. That it, we have NEVER saw Subban blame a partner eveven with a disbelief reaction.. carey was doing it all the time before as close as last season.... but thats my personal opinion, dont hate me if you disagree.
Subban did it this playoffs after a bad powerplay. CBC showed it. Not sure if anyone remembers the clip I'm referring too.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2011, 10:49 AM
habsjunkie2*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Price isn't as fragile as you think. He might have been a little weaker in his rookie or sophomore year, but he learned from that experience. Case in point, he was booed in the 1st period of the 1st preseason game. No other player (goalie, forward or Dman) came into this season with as much pressure as Carey Price. PK still needed to adapt and learn things himself at that time. He wasn't helping out Price much then other than when he made good plays on D. Price started the year strong and was consistent throughout the year. It's normal to have bad showings when you play that much, but he had a terrific season.

Maybe you don't see how Price helped PK because nothing was publicly said (unless I missed something) about it, but I think the assumption that Price gave PK advice on not letting the fame, publicity and craziness in Mtl get to him is a realistic one. I mean, they are both friends, PK went through the exact same thing Price did a few years back, and PK had some attitude ''issues'', I think it's obvious that, as a friend, Price tried to keep him grounded.
Feel free to speculate however you like. I'm talking about things that were actually said and that were quite visual. PK doesn't get bothered. Price imo does.

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2011, 12:51 PM
Crusher20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Subban did it this playoffs after a bad powerplay. CBC showed it. Not sure if anyone remembers the clip I'm referring too.
If he did well that wasnt often, price dont even bother trying to count... you got my point.

Old
05-19-2011, 12:54 PM
neofury*

Quote:
No, please explain further.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2011, 01:24 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
No, please explain further.
I'll try to find the clip. I don't really want to youtube it since it looks bad on Subban but I think it was either game 7 or game 6. He goes to the bench and shows anger at someone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusher20 View Post
If he did well that wasnt often, price dont even bother trying to count... you got my point.
Not really. Goalies making making those gestured aren't unheard of after giving up a goal. Wouldn't be surprised to see Halak do it if we look bad at highlights of goals he gave up. I think it's just more stuff being overblown.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2011, 01:44 PM
Crusher20

Quote:
I'll try to find the clip. I don't really want to youtube it since it looks bad on Subban but I think it was either game 7 or game 6. He goes to the bench and shows anger at someone.

Not really. Goalies making making those gestured aren't unheard of after giving up a goal. Wouldn't be surprised to see Halak do it if we look bad at highlights of goals he gave up. I think it's just more stuff being overblown.
Look my point is last 2 years price was showing his frustration after a goal very often... this year, niet! Really, its amazing... that maturity and caracter... price got huge props from my part... subban is far from perfect but.on this aspect he has.been.good... he knows he screws up himself.. price was particularly unstable and made some.huge screwups himself.. yet was watching his defeman in disbelief... sorry but if i am say markov... i say to price shut and play