HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Semin to NYI

Old
05-23-2011, 03:13 PM
ziggy7716

vCash: 500
Semin to NYI

Caps have been rumored to make some changes this summer, Semin's name has come up, also earlier this year there was rumor in place for Semin to be dealt to NYI but it fell through. What would the caps want in return for him?

ziggy7716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 03:14 PM
Capitlols

Nielson+?

Capitlols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 03:47 PM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

I hate that people keep bringing up that "rumor" as it was pretty much shown to be crap.

If we're trading Semin, I doubt it would be for futures. And that includes Bailey. Streit and/or Nielsen would have to be involved.

Perhaps Nielsen + MacDonald + 50th overall.

Last edited by Mystlyfe: 05-23-2011 at 04:00 PM.
Mystlyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 03:58 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Big Brock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appreci8 View Post
Nielson+?
Nielsen* and it would probably take that much but the Islanders aren't trading him. He's too important to the success of the PK and Michael Grabner.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 03:59 PM
Macch

zero value from the NYI side

Macch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 04:34 PM
ziggy7716

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macch View Post
zero value from the NYI side
I wouldn't say zero value. The guy is lazy at times, but he has one of the best wrist shot and releases in the league and he has the skill to score 40 goals. I wouldn't part with Nielsen for him due to how valuable Frans is, but I would easily part with our 5th overall pick and Bailey for him. Capitals are dellusional if they think Semin is worth Streit however.

Old
05-23-2011, 04:40 PM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy7716 View Post
I wouldn't say zero value. The guy is lazy at times, but he has one of the best wrist shot and releases in the league and he has the skill to score 40 goals. I wouldn't part with Nielsen for him due to how valuable Frans is, but I would easily part with our 5th overall pick and Bailey for him. Capitals are dellusional if they think Semin is worth Streit however.
Done. No backsies.

Mystlyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 04:54 PM
Capitlols

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy7716 View Post
Streit's a guy that's a the wrong side of 30 and someone who missed the entire 2010-2011 season due to a relatively serious injury. Doubt the Caps want him or need him.

Old
05-23-2011, 05:02 PM
Fleuryoutside29

I think Semin will stay with the Caps. I think the major change in the Caps organization will be the firing of Bodreau.

Fleuryoutside29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 05:07 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Big Brock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appreci8 View Post
Streit's a guy that's a the wrong side of 30 and someone who missed the entire 2010-2011 season due to a relatively serious injury. Doubt the Caps want him or need him.
I have a feeling Streit isn't going to miss a beat when he returns.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 05:13 PM
gotmonte

5th overall and Grabner?

I dont know. I am a Rangers fan and I knew Grabner was a surprise for them this year.

The 5th overall will get you a good player.

It really all depends on if the Islanders believe Semin will play well for them. On a good team he is wishy/washy. Either he is lights out, or his lights are out.

So to go to a UP AND COMING TEAM I dont know how he would play. Would he relish the idea of him being the best player on the team? I know you have JT I understand that. But if it was done today, Semin would be probably better than JT.

If Semin got out from the shadow of Ovechkin MAYBE he will flourish maybe he will be unmotivated do to the teams basement dwelling and lack of spending cap money

If Snow thinks Semin will flourish with the young islanders team, than 5th and Grabner or 5th and PA. Parentaeu (obviously you would MUCH MUCH RATHER KEEP GRABNER but I dont know if Wash does the other deal.. Hence me giving two different offers).

I would hate to see Grabner go as his goal totals will be close to Semin's and he just signed a cap friendly contract. But its a risk. Does Grabner regain and keep the 30+ goal form?

If not Grabner and Wash doesnt want PAP than Bailey? Neideretter? (I could never say his name right.. I am sorry for hacking it). Maybe Neider' and PA plus the 5th?

gotmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 05:15 PM
gotmonte

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post
I completely agree. Streit is going to be great.

Old
05-23-2011, 05:16 PM
gotmonte

Oh and P.S. How would Semin handle the fact he may have to move out of Long Island. There are a lot of different factors going on with the Islanders right now. So to trade for a star player that already has motivation problems, it might be too much of a risk.

Old
05-23-2011, 05:24 PM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotmonte View Post
5th overall and Grabner?
Too much. If I'm the isles, I stay far away from Semin. Great player, but just doesn't fit with what the islanders need IMO.

GAGLine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 05:25 PM
tarrin8

okoposo + MacDonald for semin

tarrin8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 05:26 PM
Kevin27nyi
Global Moderator
Captain Tavares

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarrin8 View Post
id much, much rather trade the 5th and grabner, which i consider a horrible deal for the isles.

Kevin27nyi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 05:26 PM
ziggy7716

Quote:
5th overall and Grabner?

I dont know. I am a Rangers fan and I knew Grabner was a surprise for them this year.

The 5th overall will get you a good player.

It really all depends on if the Islanders believe Semin will play well for them. On a good team he is wishy/washy. Either he is lights out, or his lights are out.

So to go to a UP AND COMING TEAM I dont know how he would play. Would he relish the idea of him being the best player on the team? I know you have JT I understand that. But if it was done today, Semin would be probably better than JT.

If Semin got out from the shadow of Ovechkin MAYBE he will flourish maybe he will be unmotivated do to the teams basement dwelling and lack of spending cap money

If Snow thinks Semin will flourish with the young islanders team, than 5th and Grabner or 5th and PA. Parentaeu (obviously you would MUCH MUCH RATHER KEEP GRABNER but I dont know if Wash does the other deal.. Hence me giving two different offers).

I would hate to see Grabner go as his goal totals will be close to Semin's and he just signed a cap friendly contract. But its a risk. Does Grabner regain and keep the 30+ goal form?

If not Grabner and Wash doesnt want PAP than Bailey? Neideretter? (I could never say his name right.. I am sorry for hacking it). Maybe Neider' and PA plus the 5th?
First, Tavares would still be our best player with acquiring Semin, as good as Semin is, tavares is a more complete player

Grabner isn't going anywhere, thats certain. I would drive PA to the airport is Washington to do that deal, but no way Washington would agree to it. As far as Nino goes, he isnt going anywhere, he's our top prospect, he has the potential to be All-Star power foward scoring 35-40 goals riding shot-gun on the top line with JT.

Only way I would see this deal getting done is if Washington would take our 5th and either a guy like Bailey or Comeau, outside shot of Calvin De Haan one of the top defensive prospect. Personally I would rather have it be Bailey, as Comeau had 24 goals last season, and could possibly reach 30 this season.

Old
05-23-2011, 05:29 PM
Capitlols

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post
Oh I don't doubt it, just saying there's a risk there and don't see a fit for the Caps.

Old
05-23-2011, 05:30 PM
ichabod13

Quote:
5th overall and Grabner?

If Snow thinks Semin will flourish with the young islanders team, than 5th and Grabner or 5th and PA. Parentaeu.........
thats pure insanity.
that much for a guy that can hit free agency after the 11-12 season?
i wouldnt ( and i hope garth sees it the same way ) give up the 5th alone for semin.
i live in baltimore and watch every crapitals game, and there were way to many nights where i was asking myself if semin was playing or was he scratched.
id be highly pissed off if garth gave up anything more than a 4th round pick for semin.

ichabod13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 05:36 PM
Kevin27nyi
Global Moderator
Captain Tavares

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
Too much. If I'm the isles, I stay far away from Semin. Great player, but just doesn't fit with what the islanders need IMO.
yeah, ive considered it before but in the end it doesnt make sense.

parenteau's spot will be taken by nino after this year.

grabners and nielsen's emergence really ended any need for the isles up front.

Old
05-23-2011, 05:39 PM
IslesBeBack*
NHL Free Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarrin8 View Post
Keep smoking angeldust.

IslesBeBack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 05:40 PM
Kevin27nyi
Global Moderator
Captain Tavares

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichabod13 View Post
thats pure insanity.
i wouldnt ( and i hope garth sees it the same way ) give up the 5th alone for semin.
i live in baltimore and watch every crapitals game, and there were way to many nights where i was asking myself if semin was playing or was he scratched.
id be highly pissed off if garth gave up anything more than a 4th round pick for semin.
dont go that far. but yes, the rest is true, it would be a damn shame if the isles traded the 5th overall pick+bailey+parenteau for semin, he scores 39 goals, 34 assists for 73 points and then bolts for free agency.

wasted those assets for nothing.

Old
05-23-2011, 05:46 PM
ziggy7716

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin27NYI View Post
dont go that far. but yes, the rest is true, it would be a damn shame if the isles traded the 5th overall pick+bailey+parenteau for semin, he scores 39 goals, 34 assists for 73 points and then bolts for free agency.

wasted those assets for nothing.
Agreed there is a danger there being that he is UFA after next season, but I think the Islanders now have enough young talent on their team and prospects that they can afford to acquire a guy through trade that will solidify them as a legitimate playoff contender. Also, with Nabokov(assuming they keep him) and Kirill Petrov and Kirill Kabanov on the horizon, maybe that would be enough Russian influence for Semin staying long term.

Old
05-23-2011, 06:02 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichabod13 View Post
thats pure insanity.
What a dumbass statement

I understand not giving up the 5th or grabner or anything of the like. But you'd be pissed if the isles could get him for a 2nd rounder?

If I'm the isles i'd do something like 2nd rounder+bailey+Bprospect?

Doubt that would get it done but i wouldn't do more than that.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 06:29 PM
Isles_Guy*

Send a message via Yahoo to Isles_Guy*
the only dumbass statement is yours puckface and maybe ziggys, we dont need Semin the rangers do......let them give up Stepan and McDonagh if Semin is so good

and ziggy i realize youre tired of losing but stop with the ridiculous trades already, Who are you ? Milbury? we're coming along nicely why do you always advocating quick fixes? bringing in a vet is ok but they are not here to be the core, they are here to augment the core. subtle but important difference....... think guys like Umberger or McCabe not Stars.....

The very last guy we need is Semin, dear god the very idea is repulsive, id only take him if washington gave him to us and then only to trade him away, The lack of understanding of our development in relation to your trade proposals is Astounding. no offense to you, but sit down and really look at what Snow has and is doing its almost scripted in its execution. please think before you post

Isles_Guy* is offline   Reply With Quote