HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Philly and goalies

Old
05-18-2011, 08:25 PM
ted1971
History Of Hockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotbubbles View Post
Philly doesn't need to trade away core pieces like Carter or Giroux for a goalie. All they need to do is trade fringe guys like Hartnell, Versteeg or Carle. That will create more then enough space for Vokoun or Bryzgalov.
But those 2 aren't as good as Miller.

ted1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 08:26 PM
ted1971
History Of Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalfdiggity3 View Post
Please dont take this the wrong way but... Are you on crack or just a major homer? Your really telling us that Carter or Giroux have more value than the best goalie in the league? Come on man! Both of them together in a deal for Lundqvist and someone solid like Boyle would be an even and fair deal.
I don't think Henrik is the best Goalie in the league. but certainly top 3.

ted1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 08:28 PM
JVR21
G

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted1971 View Post
Vokoun has had better numbers than Miller every year except one.

JVR21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 09:31 PM
gotmonte

Lundqvist is a work horse and has won 30+ games EACH AND EVERY YEAR he has played in this league. And he lead the league in shut-outs last year at 11. He is a very hard competitor and can play awesome given you have a great defense infront of him. That can be said for a lot of goalies I guess but Lundqvist can carry a team that is marginal so imagine what he could do with a team that is playing good hockey?!

Hey I am not pining for the kid to leave. I would love to keep Lundqvist

gotmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 09:40 PM
massivegoonery

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanNorthPortFL View Post
If you look at Broudeur, I Bryz (phoenix), Voukuon, Lundquist, Fleurey, Price, Luongo, Miller, ...
You got four out of eight.

massivegoonery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 09:57 PM
Armond White
Go Sabres!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVR21 View Post
An argument could be made that Carter or Giroux alone is more valuable than Lundqvist. Carter is top 5 in goalscoring the past 3 seasons and Giroux is beginning to be an annual top-15 point getter in the league. They're both young, too.
An argument could be made, and apparently that argument is two sentences long and doesn't mention Lundqvist.

Armond White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 10:26 PM
NitHeel
Mucker/Grinder

Quote:
Don't say that so fast. Easy Ed was on CSN Philly saying that the Flyers will have a #1 Goalie next season. If He tells Homer to blow the team up for a Goalie, Homer will do it. It's alot to send to Buffalo, but Carle doesn't look so good without Pronger cleaning up His mistakes for Him. I think that Buffalo would have to send something small to help balance out the deal.
And in the same interview he said the team doesn't need to be blown up, so your point is moot.

NitHeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 11:25 PM
campmolson19

I would do Miller for Mike Richards or Giroux straight up, I think the Rangers would too.

Lets face it folks, Buffalo nor New York are going to win a cup unless they get serious at the pivot, Miller hasn't been past round 1 since....Oh yeah, when Briere was a Sabre. As for Henrik, they cannot win 1-0 every game.

If Buffalo couldn't win a cup with Hasek, no way they get it right with Miller.

campmolson19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 11:38 PM
Chalfdiggity3

First off, Lundqvist is arguably the best goalie in the league. You can say what you want about him but he is consistantly in the top 5 in goalie stats every single year since coming to the NHL, he is the only goalie in history to have 6 straight 30+ win seasons, plays with an offensively challenged team, steals games for the rangers constantly with evidence to his 11 shutouts this season, which by the way is close to 1/3rd of his wins. Say what you want but i dont see a better goalie out there. Rinne had 1 good year, Tim Thomas and Luongo play for an outstanding team. Id say miller is the only one who is neck and neck with lundqvist for best in the league.

Hell no would the ranger trade lundqvist for just one of Carter or Giroux. First carter is a perenial 60pt player. I would love Giroux but it would take more than just him sorry. By the way, lets see what happens with Richards this offseason before making any remarks about the rangers center positions. We do still have Anisimov, Stepan, and Boyle. They may not be #1 centers but they are very good #2 centers.

Like i said before, this is the trade i would propose..

Rangers Trade:
Lundqvist
Boyle

Flyers Trade:
Giroux
Carter/Richards

Chalfdiggity3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 11:42 PM
Chalfdiggity3

Quote:
Originally Posted by campmolson19 View Post
I would do Miller for Mike Richards or Giroux straight up, I think the Rangers would too.

Lets face it folks, Buffalo nor New York are going to win a cup unless they get serious at the pivot, Miller hasn't been past round 1 since....Oh yeah, when Briere was a Sabre. As for Henrik, they cannot win 1-0 every game.

If Buffalo couldn't win a cup with Hasek, no way they get it right with Miller.
True we cant win 1-0 every game but then again we are having two VERY talented players in Kreider and Thomas coming up who can add that scoring punch, along with signing Brad Richards, and/or making trades to add that scoring punch without giving up lundqvist.

Old
05-18-2011, 11:57 PM
mercury

Quote:
First off, Lundqvist is arguably the best goalie in the league. You can say what you want about him but he is consistantly in the top 5 in goalie stats every single year since coming to the NHL, he is the only goalie in history to have 6 straight 30+ win seasons, plays with an offensively challenged team, steals games for the rangers constantly with evidence to his 11 shutouts this season, which by the way is close to 1/3rd of his wins. Say what you want but i dont see a better goalie out there. Rinne had 1 good year, Tim Thomas and Luongo play for an outstanding team. Id say miller is the only one who is neck and neck with lundqvist for best in the league.

Hell no would the ranger trade lundqvist for just one of Carter or Giroux. First carter is a perenial 60pt player. I would love Giroux but it would take more than just him sorry. By the way, lets see what happens with Richards this offseason before making any remarks about the rangers center positions. We do still have Anisimov, Stepan, and Boyle. They may not be #1 centers but they are very good #2 centers.

Rangers Trade:
Lundqvist
Boyle

Flyers Trade:
Giroux
Carter/Richards
Absolutely not. Under no circumstances do you get Giroux and Carter/Richards for Lundqvist and Boyle. Never.

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2011, 12:43 AM
Chalfdiggity3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
Absolutely not. Under no circumstances do you get Giroux and Carter/Richards for Lundqvist and Boyle. Never.
Thats cool with the Rangers and us fans, well gladly keep the best goalie in the league and you guys can keep Giroux and Carter/Richards.. Im just putting out there what it would take to get the best goalie in the league

Old
05-19-2011, 12:54 AM
mercury

Quote:
Thats cool with the Rangers and us fans, well gladly keep the best goalie in the league and you guys can keep Giroux and Carter/Richards.. Im just putting out there what it would take to get the best goalie in the league
He wouldn't be my #1 or #2, actually.

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2011, 01:16 AM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Continually saying Lundqvist is the best goalie in the league doesn't make it true.

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2011, 02:40 AM
Defeatist*

Lundqvist "BEST GOALIE IN THE LEAGUE"

Defeatist* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2011, 08:20 AM
SabresFanNorthPortFL

As I've said in this post, the difference between the top goalie in the league and #15, is very slim. It seems that any one of them plays like the best for streaks of weeks at a time.

With that said, and not to cause an arguement but if you don't feel Lundquist is Top 3/5 in the league, who is? Really, there could be a great arguement for him in the Top 3/5, and the Rangers are like my 30th favorite hockey team but the guy is good.

I also think, Giroux AND Carter is a little too much. I asked for Giroux and Carle but we need a top 4 defensman.

SabresFanNorthPortFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2011, 08:36 AM
Chico and the Man

Quote:

Rangers Trade:
Lundqvist
Boyle

Flyers Trade:
Giroux
Carter/Richards

I believe you're trying to say that he has the most consecutive 30-or-more win seasons to start a career. Hank surely does not hold the record for most consecutive 30+ win seasons because that title belongs to Martin Brodeur with 12.

Chico and the Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2011, 08:52 AM
wpghockey

Quote:

Rangers Trade:
Lundqvist
Boyle

Flyers Trade:
Giroux
Carter/Richards
LOL! Fail, HFB style!

wpghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2011, 08:59 AM
Snotbubbles

Quote:
No but, Vokoun/Bryzgalov + whatever the Flyers would have to give up to get Miller > Miller.

Also, the Flyers don't need "best goalie in the league" goaltending to win the Cup, they just need legitimate NHL starting goaltending, not career NHL backup goaltending.

Snotbubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2011, 11:15 AM
Codith

Carter and Giroux for Lundi? not a ****ing chance. A guy who can put up 35-40 goals regularly, and a guy who will be an 80+ points per year player isn't worth it sorry. I know obviously coming from a rangers fan you want overpayment but that is insane.

More realistic return would be something along the lines of

Carter
Carle
Pick in the 3-5round / or a prospect

for Lundi or whatever goalie they are trying to target

#1C, Top4 Dman, mid level pick or prospect

Codith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2011, 11:26 AM
gabeliscious

why would philly trade core players for a goalie when they likely would have a fantastic shot at signing vokoun.

imo vokoun is easily a top 10 goalie in the league if not top 5. realistically how much better is lundqvest/miller then vokoun? i would much rather have vokoun and carter/giroux/richards/etc/etc then miller and less of those guys.

philly doesnt even require top 5 goaltending. i think just a goalie who is a legitimate starter would be fine.

im not sure whats funnier, the thought of the flyers trading carter or the rangers trading hank.

gabeliscious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2011, 01:18 PM
gotmonte

WHY all the Lundqvist bashing going on in here?

He has recorded 30+ win season in EVERY NHL SEASON HE HAS PLAYED and recorded 11 shutouts last year which lead the league.

Tim Thomas
Ryan Miller
Henrik Lundqvist
Roberto Luongo
Martin Brodeur

There is my top 5 even though Brodeur had a rough year this year.

P.S. the top five are NOT in order, just throwing the names out there is all

gotmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 04:22 PM
FLYERSxGIROUX28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beesfan View Post
Sorry man, but it would be Claude Giroux + Jeff Carter to get Lundqvist. You have to overpay by a lot to get a franchise goalie that is a fan-favorite.
you guys are high. lundqvist is a great goalie... but doesn't warrant our star player who was 11th in scoring in his second full season, and a foward who has 115 goals in 3 seasons. i wouldn't consider that if lundqvist was 25.

FLYERSxGIROUX28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2011, 08:49 PM
Maximrules

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotmonte View Post
WHY all the Lundqvist bashing going on in here?

He has recorded 30+ win season in EVERY NHL SEASON HE HAS PLAYED and recorded 11 shutouts last year which lead the league.

Tim Thomas
Ryan Miller
Henrik Lundqvist
Roberto Luongo
Martin Brodeur

There is my top 5 even though Brodeur had a rough year this year.

P.S. the top five are NOT in order, just throwing the names out there is all
No Pekka Rinne? Dude was unbelievable this year. I'd put him above Brodeur now for sure

Maximrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2011, 08:59 PM
vannzee
Ruslan Salei fan...

I would say that the majority of these names are very far fetched to be traded.

vannzee is offline   Reply With Quote