HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

An NHL alternative in Wayne

Old
05-18-2011, 09:13 PM
jkrdevil
UnRegistered User

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman77 View Post
Yes

Based on that picture it is like the side rinks at Mennan or South Mountain. Not sure how this is a viable business plan.

jkrdevil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 09:15 PM
Wingman77
Glory Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrdevil View Post
Based on that picture it is like the side rinks at Mennan or South Mountain. Not sure how this is a viable business plan.
I found a link with a better shot of the bleachers, but I must have edited it in after you quoted me.....here it is

Kyle mentioned max capacity is 1k which I would think includes the standing room......that is the size of most FHL rinks and the crowds at FHL games aren't very big, so I think IV should fare fine, unless there is an overwhelming ammount of support in this area

http://kcproductionsnj.smugmug.com/S...78658602_Hcxwg

Wingman77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 09:27 PM
Muttley*
Zach=2 games left

Oh, I see they signed their first player from the Brooklyn Aviators. I've seen their level of play and if that is any indication of this leagues level, this will barely be a step above the Hitmen. I alone could beath these clowns. And if I trained hard enough, would excel. Yawn.

And a bar? Maybe an expanded 'coffee bar', or salad bar, but they were supposed to put in a bar at Ice House too. Larry is insane. I think his sons need to take over the business.

Perhaps Casey O'tooles for a pint after the game, or maybe go to the Park Wayne Diner for a nice turkey club on whole wheat with Russian dressing and a bottled beer. OR even head up to Coakland and get a burger at the Elm Street Grill. Then you can stop at the crackhouse on Spruce next to the bowling alley for a 50 rock.

Mmmmm very tasty. Now that's a night!

Muttley* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 09:32 PM
VaxjoDevil

Wrong thread.

VaxjoDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 10:10 PM
kyle evs48
No words needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman77 View Post
I definately don't see good things coming of that

If it's open during HS games, fuhgeddaboudit.......the parents are retarted as it is, I can only imagine some of them with alcohol in them
I believe they have already applied for and have been approved for a license to serve alcohol.

kyle evs48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 10:18 PM
kyle evs48
No words needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrdevil View Post
It depends. The owners of the rink have been talking about expansion for awhile, and they have the money to do it. Not sure what they'd be able to work out with the team, or if it is even worth committing to such a low reputation team/league. I would say it is much more of a gamble for the rink than for the team.

kyle evs48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 10:23 PM
Wingman77
Glory Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle evs48 View Post
I believe they have already applied for and have been approved for a license to serve alcohol.
That's definately a good thing, because in NJ a town is entitled to purchase one licence per every 3,000 residents which can make it tough for some establishments in terms of waiting

The main public golf course in my town had to wait 1 year after it applied for a liquor licence before they finally got it

Wingman77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2011, 04:07 AM
Jossipov
Patty's Better

I'd like to check out a few games, but it is difficult to find people to go with and its not really that interest peaking.

With sports, Summer time tends to be Newark Bears season for me.

Jossipov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2011, 10:10 AM
rockhoppers0809
hockeytruths.webs.co

im actually excited for this i always loved minor league sports i was a big fan of the rockhoppers back a few years ago i doubt the team will survive after one game but ill check out a few

rockhoppers0809 is offline   Reply With Quote