HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Darche had surgery..

Old
05-19-2011, 11:22 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
I see this is an MAB situation of a year ago. an older UFA journeyman, who was / is useful but not essential to the team - and who is now injured. i think goat lets it play out and probably uses the injury as an excuse not to sign him. one thing is for certain, he ain't getting signed until he can prove he's sufficiently healed from the injury. will that be before July 1st? if so, maybe he gets signed, most likely goat uses that 500-700k somewhere else
dude, he's out 4 weeks with an abdomen operation.

he didn't blow his knees like mab did...

jesus keep seeking the chill broheim

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2011, 11:51 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
7,300,000 / 500,000 = 14.6 Darches
ok so here is the math
Darche = 12 goals
so 14.6 darches * 12 = 175 goals

so gomez needs to pick up the pace then or he will get replaced by 15 darches

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2011, 12:30 PM
Paddyjack

vCash: 500
I would like to see him back, but I'm concerned that TB will sign him instead. According to the RDS website, Darche was in Tampa 2-3 weeks ago, he talked with some of their players (Lecavalier, etc) and he knows VERY well Guy Boucher.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Habs bail on him on July 1rst because the injury, and then TB steals him under our nose as usual.

Paddyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2011, 12:43 PM
Pr3Va1L

PLEASE keep Darche.

Remember Pittsburg's cup-winning game 7 in 2008-2009 ?

Talbot (and Fleury) won that game.

Darche is basically our very own Talbot, and what these players bring to the table cannot be bought nor drafted...

Pr3Va1L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2011, 12:45 PM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr3Va1L View Post
PLEASE keep Darche.

Remember Pittsburg's cup-winning game 7 in 2008-2009 ?

Talbot (and Fleury) won that game.

Darche is basically our very own Talbot, and what these players bring to the table cannot be bought nor drafted...
Talbot is an UFA. If you love him so much why not say we should sign him?

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2011, 12:49 PM
Pr3Va1L

We know Darche and what he can offer already, why fix it if it's not broken ?

He will sign if offered 1-1.5M so I think it would be dumb for the management to not keep him...

Pr3Va1L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2011, 01:57 PM
Roulin

I have a lot of respect for Darche. However, he is 35, turning 36 in November. He is already a marginal player. If there is any decline at all, which is more likely for him than for a younger player, Darche becomes an AHL'er again. IMO there will be some safer bets available to fill his spot.

Roulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2011, 02:06 PM
Talks to Goalposts

The beauty of Darche is that he'll take league minimum just to be in the NHL while being an NHL calibre player. This is a good thing to have in a salary cap system. They can even sit him as a 13th forward and he's so happy to be in the show that he wont complain.

Talks to Goalposts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2011, 02:09 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
I have a lot of respect for Darche. However, he is 35, turning 36 in November. He is already a marginal player. If there is any decline at all, which is more likely for him than for a younger player, Darche becomes an AHL'er again. IMO there will be some safer bets available to fill his spot.
We could probably replace darche with somebody "safer" but we would probably not get the offense he brings or a player that can step in to the top 6 in case of injuries and produce. He has 17 goals in 88 games as a Hab playing on average 11 minutes a game, that's well above average for an NHL forward. Plus he's a guy that's good around the kids and has a good attitude...IMHO Gauthier has many many higher priorities than replacing/upgrading Darche.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2011, 03:12 PM
Roulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
We could probably replace darche with somebody "safer" but we would probably not get the offense he brings or a player that can step in to the top 6 in case of injuries and produce. He has 17 goals in 88 games as a Hab playing on average 11 minutes a game, that's well above average for an NHL forward.
If we're talking about his goal scoring, on top of his age making him a likely candidate to decline, there's his shooting %. 12.8% over the last two years, 8.9% over his career. He is likely to at least regress to his career average.

Quote:
Plus he's a guy that's good around the kids and has a good attitude...
I'll assume that's correct, although it's a hard thing to prove. Still, the Habs have plenty of veterans with the same reputation - Gill, Gionta, Markov, Gomez, Gorges and Spacek come to mind. I'm not saying sign Avery, but I do think on-ice performance should be prioritized.

Quote:
IMHO Gauthier has many many higher priorities than replacing/upgrading Darche.
I think choosing the best possible options for player personnel on the Montreal Canadiens is a huge priority for the GM! Given that PG invested time in finding a player with upside to compete for the #8/9 dman job (Diaz, and I'm glad he did), I think he can find time to make the best available choice for a bottom line winger.

Roulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2011, 04:16 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
If we're talking about his goal scoring, on top of his age making him a likely candidate to decline, there's his shooting %. 12.8% over the last two years, 8.9% over his career. He is likely to at least regress to his career average.

I'll assume that's correct, although it's a hard thing to prove. Still, the Habs have plenty of veterans with the same reputation - Gill, Gionta, Markov, Gomez, Gorges and Spacek come to mind. I'm not saying sign Avery, but I do think on-ice performance should be prioritized.

I think choosing the best possible options for player personnel on the Montreal Canadiens is a huge priority for the GM! Given that PG invested time in finding a player with upside to compete for the #8/9 dman job (Diaz, and I'm glad he did), I think he can find time to make the best available choice for a bottom line winger.
The reason his shooting percentage is high is that he plays to his strength, using his size to drive the net, delect shots and put in rebounds.

The other veterans are longtime NHLers, I think a guy that's played 7-8 years in the minors and not making a fortune but happy to be there and working his butt off is a nice example for a kid like Eller, White and others just getting to the NHL. Plus he communicates a lot in paractise, on the bench and on the ice. Given that his linemates are mostly young guys, that's a definite plus.

We added Diaz because defense was an area of lack of depth. Depth up front was a strength last year with some very good contributions from 3rd and 4th liners. With White Pyatt Desharnais Eller and possibly Pouliot there is not a need to get younger in the bottom 6.

Old
05-19-2011, 08:13 PM
BigTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post
The beauty of Darche is that he'll take league minimum just to be in the NHL while being an NHL calibre player. This is a good thing to have in a salary cap system. They can even sit him as a 13th forward and he's so happy to be in the show that he wont complain.
this, the guy understands his role and plays well when you fit him into the lineup. I think he really enjoys montreal and playing for this team. signing him to one more year would be great imo

BigTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2011, 09:33 PM
jlgib21*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun2083 View Post
this, the guy understands his role and plays well when you fit him into the lineup. I think he really enjoys montreal and playing for this team. signing him to one more year would be great imo
He was a pleasant surprise,but I still think he's one of the players we can upgrade.

jlgib21* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2011, 01:05 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
**** the haters

darche is awesome and needs to be signed with a sather-like deal.

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2011, 02:14 AM
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Did you happen to notice that Darche scored some goals at ES and on the PP? I'd like to see White ramp up his scoring.
Did you notice that Darche played 32 more games than White? Ryan has improvements to make offensively, but he also is arguably our best hitter, hardest worker and sticks up for anyone on the team. To me, that is a guy we absolutely need to have in our lineup.

For the record, I love Darche and he needs to be resigned.

chaosrevolver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2011, 06:34 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosrevolver View Post
Did you notice that Darche played 32 more games than White? Ryan has improvements to make offensively, but he also is arguably our best hitter, hardest worker and sticks up for anyone on the team. To me, that is a guy we absolutely need to have in our lineup.

For the record, I love Darche and he needs to be resigned.
I think our bottom 6 needs both White and Darche next year. Having all bangers or all skill guys is not a good idea, you need guys that can mix it up and also guys that can score and jump up to the top 2 lines in different situations. Darche also is a good PP guy in front of the net.

The only element I'd add to the bottom 6 is a true enforcer(Eager Winchester Boulton etc). You would have White Moen and to a certain extent Eller as a physical presence plus an enforcer that can play a bit(8-10 min per night) then add Darche Desharnais(skill plus PP, PK) Halpern(versatile plus faceoffs) or Pyatt(White might take over his PK duties).

Old
05-20-2011, 08:07 AM
neofury*

Darche, 10 year deal league minimum, book it
(My sources were right about Emelin)

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2011, 08:24 AM
Asamu

I liked the way he played during the whole year. The Gionta (scorer) - Gomez (distributor) - Darche (grinder) line worked well because each one had a different role.

He was one of the only players who was actually rushing the net and we don't know how many goals was scored when Darche was blocking the goalie's vision. Yes he does replace Metropolit and to me it's an improvement. 1-2 years contract, 1-1.5 million sounds good.

Asamu is offline   Reply With Quote