HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

AD: Goalie Wanted

Old
05-27-2011, 10:09 AM
phillyfanatic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
I have my qualms with Snider. Don't fault him for caring because he obviously cares alot and wants this team to succeed but I think he cares too much to the point of being stubborn. I don't like his "cosa nostra" philosophy with keeping things in the family. He needs to think out of the box a bit more (bring people in from outside the organization more for different perspectives) but his philosophy is generally pretty conservative and loyal. I still think if he had a bigger set he would have tried to snag Yzerman but sadly he's sold on Holmgren and Clarke "the rasputin" of the Flyers who still has Holmgren's ear as he's admitted. Shelley is one of those examples if you go back and look at why he was acquired....
I agree, especially on Shelley and hiring practises. However, I do appreciate that he has an open pocketbook, will bury contracts/mistakes in the minors and is ALWAYS trying to win (not all about making money). Also, him coming out and saying we need a goalie means, we will finally get our goalie. I do believe, I do believe. If we don't, **** Snider.

phillyfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote