HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Realigned!!! [3/7 update: CHI - COL - DAL - MIN - NSH - STL - WPG; NHLPA approves]

Old
12-06-2011, 12:27 AM
BuddyMcCormick

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post
Florida and Tampa love this. Think about how much their attendance will spike when the home team for the snowbirds comes to town.

The teams that voted against it were likely Pittsburgh (vocal critic), Buffalo, Boston (no benefit playing the Florida teams, lose matchups with PIT/WSH/NYC teams), and one of the west teams, either Columbus or one of the California teams.
From what I've heard ALL of the West teams approved of this. So it's 4 Eastern teams that said no.

BuddyMcCormick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 12:30 AM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post
The way were both playing right now it would be a really good series.

In a few years, when all their kids are grown up and in their primes, and all of our superprospects are in the lineup.... look out. That would be a series of epic proportions.
We are now in the 3rd minute of the overtime in the game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals between the Minnesota Wild and the Edmonton Oilers. Jones received a 2-minute hooking call and it's a Wild powerplay and Koivu skates in to take the faceoff... Wild win the faceoff, Koivu passes back to Brodin... D to D-pass to Spurgeon... Back to Brodin, passes it quickly to Granlund... Granlund, back to Spurgeon with a beatiful saucer, Spurgeon to Koivu, back to Granlund on the boards... Granlund goes behind the net and passes to Phillips and GOOOOOOOOAL! Minnesota Wild is the Stanley Cup champion! Zack Phillips with a beatiful assist from Mikael Granlund and oh baby! Listen to the noise! Xcel center is bursting apart! Let the celebrations begin!

Puhis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 12:34 AM
Wild48
Ski U Mah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puhis View Post
We are now in the 3rd minute of the overtime in the game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals between the Minnesota Wild and the Edmonton Oilers. Jones received a 2-minute hooking call and it's a Wild powerplay and Koivu skates in to take the faceoff... Wild win the faceoff, Koivu passes back to Brodin... D to D-pass to Spurgeon... Back to Brodin, passes it quickly to Granlund... Granlund, back to Spurgeon with a beatiful saucer, Spurgeon to Koivu, back to Granlund on the boards... Granlund goes behind the net and passes to Phillips and GOOOOOOOOAL! Minnesota Wild is the Stanley Cup champion! Zack Phillips with a beatiful assist from Mikael Granlund and oh baby! Listen to the noise! Xcel center is bursting apart! Let the celebrations begin!
Anybody else remember the riots when the Gophs won the championship? I'd love for another excuse to run around in the streets all crazy.

Wild48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 12:38 AM
Wild48
Ski U Mah

Also: I motion that we refer to Columby as Jacky in the future.

Old
12-06-2011, 12:39 AM
Victorious Secret
Eyebrows Defcon 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild48 View Post
Also: I motion that we refer to Columby as Jacky in the future.
Seconded.

Victorious Secret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 12:40 AM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorious Secret View Post
Seconded.
You mean that if we ever play Columbus in the playoffs, it would be called the... -offs?

Puhis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 12:50 AM
Foxlockbox
:laugh: is my period

Woah. Big news while I was taking my 12 hrs beauty sleep. Even as a finn I can understand how big this is for us, and you guys most importantly. This also means less western coach late as a ***** games for me \o/
Also really excited to see every team twice. But most of all, I can't wait for some good bad blood with our Confy teams.

Foxlockbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 12:53 AM
Wallachia

In an effort to get to know our new rivals better, what websites do most Wild fans hang out at? Is this one of your main boards?

The Blues board is pretty dead here. Most of us hang out at either Stltoday's BluesTalk or in the St. Louis Gametime threads.

Wallachia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 12:55 AM
Wild48
Ski U Mah

Quote:
Originally Posted by DracoVondran View Post
In an effort to get to know our new rivals better, what websites do most Wild fans hang out at? Is this one of your main boards?

The Blues board is pretty dead here. Most of us hang out at either Stltoday's BluesTalk or in the St. Louis Gametime threads.
honestly this is the first wild forum i've ever seen that wasn't ******.

Old
12-06-2011, 12:57 AM
Victorious Secret
Eyebrows Defcon 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puhis View Post
You mean that if we ever play Columbus in the playoffs, it would be called the... -offs?
That means if we play them in the playoffs, we can't call it anything but.

Old
12-06-2011, 12:57 AM
llamapalooza
Hockey State Expat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DracoVondran View Post

There used to be a huge contingent on the Wild official Message Boards, but apparently things kind of degenerated over there. Our little group here has been growing like mad. Lots of people migrating over from those boards, and a decent number of Finnish fans have shown up as of late. We're still one of the more tight-knit and casual boards on HF though. Also a decent number of us on Twitter.

llamapalooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 01:02 AM
ZugNugget

I'm really not understanding the adding of -y to every team's name.

For Minnesota it makes sense.

Minny.

Winnipeg makes sense too, with Winny.

None of the others do. They don't have the -e or -i sound that easily changes into a -y sound.

Anyway, glad to see you guys out of the Oilers' conference, you crush us with such exceptional consistency. It seems like your team benefits among most in the league, as you're quite a bit better than every team in your new conference other than Detroit and Chicago.

Best of luck (next year)

ZugNugget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 01:03 AM
pbunder

Re: llama

I think there are a ton of lurkers (me included) that only post occasionally as well. I myself read everyday but rarely actually post here. HF is so far the best MN board I've found, and I enjoy it.

pbunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 01:05 AM
Victorious Secret
Eyebrows Defcon 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZugNugget View Post

Minny.

None of the others do. They don't have the -e or -i sound that easily changes into a -y sound.

Anyway, glad to see you guys out of the Oilers' conference, you crush us with such exceptional consistency. It seems like your team benefits among most in the league, as you're quite a bit better than every team in your new conference other than Detroit and Chicago.

Best of luck (next year)
We don't like to be called Minny, thats why. If we have to be called that, everyone else must suffer the same fate.

Old
12-06-2011, 01:06 AM
Avder
Global Moderator
Reliable NonSequitur

vCash: 50
Quote:

Minny.

Best of luck (next year)
We do it to them because they do it to us, and nobody who actually lives here says it. Its our little way of spitting in everyones eye. And dont question it, just go with it, cause its working

Avder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 01:12 AM
CG5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbunder View Post
Re: llama

I think there are a ton of lurkers (me included) that only post occasionally as well. I myself read everyday but rarely actually post here. HF is so far the best MN board I've found, and I enjoy it.
this.

love the realignment news today!

CG5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 01:29 AM
NHL1674
Whatever...

vCash: 165
It's okay for the most part, but I'm not crazy about having uneven conferences especially when it comes to making the playoffs.

P.S. Some of our biggest struggles are playing in Dallas, Detroit, Columbus, and Nashville. We need to start winning consistently in their buildings soon...or in the case of Dallas, just winning one game would be an improvement. It's gonna be a blood bath in the conference.

NHL1674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 01:37 AM
Foxlockbox

Quote:

Minny.

Best of luck (next year)
Eddy. That is all.

Old
12-06-2011, 01:40 AM
Foxlockbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL1674 View Post
It's okay for the most part, but I'm not crazy about having uneven conferences especially when it comes to making the playoffs.

P.S. Some of our biggest struggles are playing in Dallas, Detroit, Columbus, and Nashville. We need to start winning consistently in their buildings soon...or in the case of Dallas, just winning one game would be an improvement. It's gonna be a blood bath in the conference.
Sometimes it feels that people really read too much into losses and wins against a certain team, its professional sports anyone can win.

Old
12-06-2011, 01:42 AM
Avder
Global Moderator
Reliable NonSequitur

Plus this is a completely new Wild team. Somehow I think Yeo will get us turned around in those barns.

Old
12-06-2011, 01:49 AM
Wild48
Ski U Mah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post
Plus this is a completely new Wild team. Somehow I think Yeo will get us turned around in those barns.
And Yeo said, do not fear walking into the shadow of the valley of Dallas, Nashville or Columbus for I am with thou

Old
12-06-2011, 04:51 AM
Orava

Ugh.. Don't like the playoff-system at all. IMO they should do four divisions instead of four conferences and keep the playoffs as they are now.

Orava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 04:56 AM
W75
Wegistewed Usew

vCash: 626
Great! Gooood!

Only I'm not sure about the playoff system. On the other hand it's clear, four conferences and four spots for each conference. But it may be interesting to compare league overall points vs playoff spots after the regular season.

EDIT: ^ Orava was quicker..

W75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 05:28 AM
Avder
Global Moderator
Reliable NonSequitur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orava View Post
Ugh.. Don't like the playoff-system at all. IMO they should do four divisions instead of four conferences and keep the playoffs as they are now.
Schedule would kind of be too unbalanced for a realistic interdivisional comparison to be made via points. Which I guess is the justification for East and West having separate playoffs now, since interconference point comparisons are useless because of how different (stronger) the Western conference is to the East.

Old
12-06-2011, 05:29 AM
Avder
Global Moderator
Reliable NonSequitur

On the other hand something like a crossover rule like they have in the AHL might be something to consider.

Hmmm. Lots to ponder.