HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

JVR to Vancouver

Old
05-20-2011, 09:38 PM
palindrom

vCash: 500
at first i tought, ho no, not another JVR for schneider proposal.

But after seeing it, well, its worth considering it.

palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2011, 02:37 AM
mstad101

JVR, Timmonen, Matt Walker (fill in more cap for Vancouver to hide in minors) for Luongo n Ballard

mstad101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2011, 07:56 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstad101 View Post
JVR, Timmonen, Matt Walker (fill in more cap for Vancouver to hide in minors) for Luongo n Ballard
timonen, and god no

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 04:15 PM
FLYERSxGIROUX28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck 6 View Post
Is he simply unavailable? My guess would most certainly be yes, but it's a boring Friday at work and I need something to do.

TO VAN:
JVR

TO PHI:
Hodgson
Schneider
Shirokov

Vancouver gets a LW with high upside for either their 3rd or 2nd line for next season. Philly gets a young potential top 6 center who is NHL ready, a young starting goalie, and a LW replacement for JVR who is also NHL ready.

I understand this is a bit of a quantity for quality deal, but the quantity pieces are very coveted pieces that also have high value.

Would Philly even consider such a deal? If not, would they even consider moving JVR? If so, what would their primary need be? The only real need I see filled here is in the net, and Flyers fans may argue Shneider isn't proven enough. What other needs does Philly have?
JVR is simply off of the market, pending a ridiculous trade **** deal.

FLYERSxGIROUX28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 04:29 PM
gotmonte

I am an unbiased fan (rangers fan). If I was philly, although this trade proposal is one of the better ones (kudos to the OP for trying) but philly shouldnt trade JVR away for anything. They need Goaltending thats it. They get themselves a stud goalie and lights out. Thats MY opinion atleast.

I know this wouldnt happen and I would hate for it to happen if it did, but Flyers should try and target pulling BIRON away from the Rangers. He is such a team guy and he showed flashes of being a GOOD Number 1 himself.

Again, I doubt the rangers would trade him seeing as they dont really have any other backup in their system NHL READY right now. But if Biron was on the Flyers, man watch out!

For the Rangers to trade Biron they would need a good package back and I guess that would be pointless as Philly has the right guys on the team. Just need a good Goalie without giving up a lot. Maybe Vokoun or someone like that. Maybe pry Nabokov away from the Islanders. Throw them a second rounder (which I think is probably what would get Garth to bite). Then you would have a pretty good goalie for JUST a second rounder.

I know I shied away from the OP and I am sorry for that. But I figured since I am not in an argumentative mood right now, I would give an HONEST UNBIASED thought/opinion for the Flyers. They are a great team. And even though they are one of the Rangers arch rivals, it would be nice to see them bring home the Cup. I know my Rangers are a few years away honestly. Yes we might get richards and I think Richards and Gaborik (if healthy) would be lights out first line and our power play would be better by leaps and bounds but I still think maybe 2 more years for more gelling and whatnot. So while we are tooling for the Cup, let a team in the east that is ready, win it. I am not a fan that bashes other teams/fans (unless it is the islanders ) so it would be nice to see the Flyers hoist the cup next year and then concede it to the Rangers the following year

gotmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 04:43 PM
mstad101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
timonen, and god no
Why not? Give Bieksa, Ballard's money and with Timmonen off the cap after the season is done and a solid dman anyways. Giving Ehrhoff a front loaded retirement contract isn't out off the picture?

Philly gets the Goaltender to put them over the top, Roberto has been quietly improving all Playoffs long. Keith Ballard keeps the depth on D for the Flyers.

mstad101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 04:50 PM
Fleuryoutside29

This is never going to happen but since they flyers need an upgrade at Goalie

Flyers Get
Luongo
Raymond

Canucks Get
JVR
Second round Pick

Fleuryoutside29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 05:36 PM
magnet43

Why would vancouver do this? they have a better, more skilled, more veteran version in kesler.

magnet43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 06:25 PM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleuryoutside29 View Post
This is never going to happen but since they flyers need an upgrade at Goalie

Flyers Get
Luongo
Raymond

Canucks Get
JVR
Second round Pick
Salary cap...

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 06:29 PM
Bryz4shiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnet43 View Post
Why would vancouver do this? they have a better, more skilled, more veteran version in kesler.
Those two players really aren't comparable at all.

Bryz4shiz is offline   Reply With Quote