HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Team Board Mock Draft

View Poll Results:
Nathan Beaulieu, D, Saint John (QMJHL) 13 17.57%
Tyler Biggs, RW, U18 NDTP (USHL) 3 4.05%
Jonas Brodin, D, Farjestad (SEL) 3 4.05%
Rocco Grimaldi, C, USNTP (USHL) 5 6.76%
Dmitrij Jaskin, RW, Slavia Praha (Czech) 0 0%
Niklas Jensen, RW, Oshawa (OHL) 26 35.14%
J.T. Miller, C, USNTP (USHL) 8 10.81%
Joe Morrow, D, Portland (WHL) 0 0%
David Musil, D, Vancouver (WHL) 0 0%
Vladislav Namestinkov, C, London (OHL) 1 1.35%
Zach Phillips, RW, Saint John (QMJHL) 2 2.70%
Matthew Puempel, LW, Peterborough (OHL) 8 10.81%
Ty Rattie, RW, Portland (WHL) 0 0%
Brandon Saad, LW, Saginaw (OHL) 1 1.35%
Poutine 4 5.41%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Old
05-21-2011, 02:25 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
Jensen.

Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2011, 01:01 AM
TheHabMan43
You'd Better RUN!

vCash: 500
Niklas Jensen.

TheHabMan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 10:37 PM
shello
@WShello9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHabMan43 View Post
Niklas Jensen.
why him?

shello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 10:51 PM
Zeroknowledge*

Quote:
Originally Posted by shello View Post
why him?
I guess people here love inconsistent players, if there's one kind of player that never pans out here it is an inconsistent player.

Zeroknowledge* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 10:53 PM
Krnage

inconsistent player goes to inconsistent team

Krnage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 11:32 AM
S Bah

If the Habs are going for a big forward they will draft Tyler Biggs and they could sign him and play him in Hamilton this season.

S Bah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 12:15 PM
Maitz
Chucky#27

No love for Puempel?

Sniper, 34 goals this year and 69 pts in 55 games, 6' 190, could end up as 6'1 200-205

Maitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 12:39 PM
Maxpac

If Beaulieu is not pÓcked up before #17 and we skip him I will be ROYALLY pissed off. He's an amazing talent that has #1 defensmen wrapped all over him. After that, Puempel the sniper or Miller the fast 2-way center.

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 12:54 PM
habsroom

I want the Habs to draft Mark McNeil he is that big centre we are missing and he would be perfect for the Habs. In a few years when Gomez is gone he will be ready to step into the Habs top 3 centermen behind Pleks and Eller and will push 1 of the 2 out of the top 2 lines within 5 years from now. I know he was picked in this mock draft already but lets hope he is around when the 17th pick in the real draft comes up. If we traded up to draft Tinordi which I like we should trade up to get this guy if we can. We will not have a chance to draft a 6-1 205 centre that had 81 points in 70games in the WHL for a long time given I think the Habs will be picking in the mid 20's for the next 5 years.
BUT if we can't draft him I would draft Sadd from the OHL he is big and can score and that is what we need.

habsroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 02:03 PM
Kikizaz

In this case, nathan beaulieu is the bpa regardless of position. The fact the he is franco is just an added bonus for half of the montreal fans

Kikizaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 02:52 PM
giovannicanella

Jensen!

Still would not mind to see Jenner/Rocco G/Puempel etc somehow end up in our organization...

giovannicanella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 09:33 AM
Singularity

I am now invoking the power of hindsight!

This poll was made during the Memorial Cup I believe, but for all intents and purposes the necessary information was there to make a final pick.

Obviously, the biggest disparity between Habs' fans opinion and the actual draft rankings is Brodin at 10 which nearly nobody in here gave a second look to, but Brodin was a bit of a surprise if I understand correctly.

I'm more interested in the winner and second place in the poll, those being Jensen and Beaulieu respectively.

Most post-draft comments in the board agree that Beaulieu was the BPA at 17, over MacNeill which is the consensus alternative. Jensen seems to have completely disappeared off the map. (indeed, he was barely a first rounder, ending up at 29)

Now, it's true that MacNeill wasn't an option in this draft, having already been picked at 14. Possibly, if MacNeill had been there, Jensen would have disappeared and MacNeill been the runaway winner. Yet, there were a number of other forwards available in the mock, including J.T. Miller, which ended up being picked at 15, ahead of Beaulieu.

As such, I'm curious about the reasoning of the boards at the time, including a number of highly respected posters who voted Jensen. Meaning the question without any disrespect, why so high on Beaulieu now? Was the Jensen pick the pick you thought the Habs would make, but not the one you hoped for? Did you change your opinion after learning more about the prospects?

Singularity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 10:30 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
I am now invoking the power of hindsight!

This poll was made during the Memorial Cup I believe, but for all intents and purposes the necessary information was there to make a final pick.

Obviously, the biggest disparity between Habs' fans opinion and the actual draft rankings is Brodin at 10 which nearly nobody in here gave a second look to, but Brodin was a bit of a surprise if I understand correctly.

I'm more interested in the winner and second place in the poll, those being Jensen and Beaulieu respectively.

Most post-draft comments in the board agree that Beaulieu was the BPA at 17, over MacNeill which is the consensus alternative. Jensen seems to have completely disappeared off the map. (indeed, he was barely a first rounder, ending up at 29)

Now, it's true that MacNeill wasn't an option in this draft, having already been picked at 14. Possibly, if MacNeill had been there, Jensen would have disappeared and MacNeill been the runaway winner. Yet, there were a number of other forwards available in the mock, including J.T. Miller, which ended up being picked at 15, ahead of Beaulieu.

As such, I'm curious about the reasoning of the boards at the time, including a number of highly respected posters who voted Jensen. Meaning the question without any disrespect, why so high on Beaulieu now? Was the Jensen pick the pick you thought the Habs would make, but not the one you hoped for? Did you change your opinion after learning more about the prospects?
I thought Beaulieu would be gone before our selection.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 10:41 AM
pine

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFpineapple View Post
Nathan Beaulieu
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFpineapple View Post
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Yet somehow I ended up voting Jensen in the poll...

pine is offline   Reply With Quote