HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ribeiro to Toronto

Old
05-21-2011, 10:48 AM
theduster77

vCash: 500
Ribeiro to Toronto

This is assuming that Brad Richards resigns with the team
Althought most Toronto fans will hate the idea of having ribeiro on our team, you guys just have to hear me out....
Ribeiro, IMO, is the only 1st line center that toronto can acquire without trading and ruining our future. Although we could get a better center, like Statsny (spelled wrong), the only way to acquire a player of his calibre is to trade key pieces of our future (Schenn or Kadri). Ribeiro will have a signifcant impact on our roster because he is a proven producer and play maker that can help kessel get more room/goals.
Now the question is, what would it take to acquire Ribeiro?

perhaps a package that includes a combination of: Bozak, one of the 2 1sts, and maybe another prospect

more??? less???

theduster77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2011, 11:08 AM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

get ready for Dallas fans to ask for WAY WAY more then he's worth dispite the fact the team tried to move him a year ago and couldn't meaning his value isn't that high

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2011, 11:10 AM
Liferleafer
Bring on Stome-afin!

Or we just use some of our cap space and go for Richards. If that fails, we may have to trade. The problem i have with this proposal is giving up Bozak. Not that he is better than Ribs, but you would then HAVE to use Colborne and Kadri as #3 and #4. I'm not adverse to giving these guys a shot, but i don't want to be stuck if they aren't ready. Also, as good as Rib's may be, i don't feel he is a #1C.

This is assuming Richards doesn't resign, which i feel would be done by now if he was going to.

Last edited by Liferleafer: 05-21-2011 at 11:12 AM. Reason: added more
Liferleafer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2011, 11:12 AM
HockeyGuruPitka

Well, I'm not totally opposed to acquiring rebeiro. Top center peices are difficult to acquire and anyone able to produce on a top line is an asset, regardless of chemistry with teammates. I say this because i know most leaf fans are going to say we dont need or want rebeiro. As long as he still has value and is helping to develop one of kadri or colbourne i would gladly have hime on our team.

I think its possible to say a combination of one of our firsts with the likes of brad ross and a third rd pick from phily can get it done.-

HockeyGuruPitka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2011, 11:15 AM
Liferleafer
Bring on Stome-afin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuruPitka View Post
Well, I'm not totally opposed to acquiring rebeiro. Top center peices are difficult to acquire and anyone able to produce on a top line is an asset, regardless of chemistry with teammates. I say this because i know most leaf fans are going to say we dont need or want rebeiro. As long as he still has value and is helping to develop one of kadri or colbourne i would gladly have hime on our team.

I think its possible to say a combination of one of our firsts with the likes of brad ross and a third rd pick from phily can get it done.-
If a deal like this could happen, i say go! Keeps our core intact, and i think the issues he "supposedly" has are overblown.

Old
05-21-2011, 11:24 AM
theduster77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
Or we just use some of our cap space and go for Richards. If that fails, we may have to trade. The problem i have with this proposal is giving up Bozak. Not that he is better than Ribs, but you would then HAVE to use Colborne and Kadri as #3 and #4. I'm not adverse to giving these guys a shot, but i don't want to be stuck if they aren't ready. Also, as good as Rib's may be, i don't feel he is a #1C.

This is assuming Richards doesn't resign, which i feel would be done by now if he was going to.
We can sign a free agent for the #3 or #4 spot if w feel that Kadri/Colborne is not ready... Perhaps Kenopka, Talbot(depending on their price tag)

theduster77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2011, 11:32 AM
LeafsFan2342
#CallupColborne

To Toronto
Mike Ribeiro, 2011 2nd round pick

To Dallas
Tyler Bozak, Luca Caputi, Boston 1st round pick, 4th round pick

LeafsFan2342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2011, 11:38 AM
Brand New Stars

This again? Don't want to move Ribeiro and especially not to Toronto.

Brand New Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2011, 12:18 PM
Chaos

Send a message via MSN to Chaos
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
get ready for Dallas fans to ask for WAY WAY more then he's worth dispite the fact the team tried to move him a year ago and couldn't meaning his value isn't that high
No, he didnt get moved in the offseason because no one was offering the PMD we needed at the time. Plenty of teams could use a 1B center signed to a reasonable contract for the next 2 years.

-Vagrant
Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2011, 12:41 PM
glovesave_35
Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
Value is a two-way street.

These never work. The Leafs or the Rangers can have Richards. I'd rather keep Ribeiro over Richards anyway.

Re: Richards, buyer beware. He never looked right after his concussion.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2011, 12:42 PM
mcphllp
Dion @ 6.5=Discount

wow, thats an original idea...never thought of the leafs getting ribeiro

mind=blown

mcphllp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2011, 12:43 PM
Vincent_TheGreat

Send a message via ICQ to Vincent_TheGreat
No thanks, would not want Ribeiro at all

Vincent_TheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Liferleafer
Bring on Stome-afin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafsforlife77 View Post
We can sign a free agent for the #3 or #4 spot if w feel that Kadri/Colborne is not ready... Perhaps Kenopka, Talbot(depending on their price tag)
So we're to trade away our #2/#3 center (on a reasonable contract) Just so we can go pay probably more to get a 3 or 4? Seems like a bit of a lateral move. Instead of losing Bozak and a pick+, why not just get a guy like Connoly on the cheap and see what we have in Colborne Kadri and Bozak? Again, if we don't land Richards.

Old
GE0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brand New Stars View Post
This again? Don't want to move Ribeiro and especially not to Toronto.
Please keep in mind that it's not the fault of the entire fanbase that some idiot Leafs fans keep posting this garbage.

GE0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2011, 12:52 PM
Liferleafer
Bring on Stome-afin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GE0 View Post
Please keep in mind that it's not the fault of the entire fanbase that some idiot Leafs fans keep posting this garbage.
I didn't post it, but i'll defend it. Dallas was offering him at the deadline, so it's not that he was untouchable. And "if" Richards resigns, i believe he will be available. Contrary to Stars fans belief, his value is not that high. As posted by MANY stars fans, they find him a Cancer. So if the Leafs are packaging picks and prospects, i believe the Stars GM will take a look.

Old
05-21-2011, 01:01 PM
Ogi1Kenobi

Quote:
I didn't post it, but i'll defend it. Dallas was offering him at the deadline, so it's not that he was untouchable. And "if" Richards resigns, i believe he will be available. Contrary to Stars fans belief, his value is not that high. As posted by MANY stars fans, they find him a Cancer. So if the Leafs are packaging picks and prospects, i believe the Stars GM will take a look.
He was being offered at the beginning of the season, not the deadline. And once Richards is gone he will be untouchable.

If Richards resigns that means the ownership situation is fixed. Why would we trade Ribeiro, then? It's not like our team is in cap hell if Richards gets resigned. If anything, Dallas will keep both centers, maintain depth and stick Benn at LW instead.

Oh my...
Name one Stars fan that ever called Ribeiro "cancer?" The only people calling him "cancer" are moronic T.O fans.

Not if Richards bolts, picks and prospects can't replace #1B center in the same season. Dallas is trying to remain competitive, how do you suppose they do that with uncertain commodities?

Ogi1Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2011, 01:17 PM
Brand New Stars

Not a SINGLE Stars fan has called him a cancer. Quit spewing crap out of your mouth that you made up in your fantasy world. He was most definitely not offered around at the deadline. Dallas needed him especially since Richards was out. Get your facts straight.

Old
05-21-2011, 01:24 PM
Grabovski
Грабовский правил

Do not want.

Grabovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2011, 01:24 PM
Liferleafer
Bring on Stome-afin!

Quote:
Not a SINGLE Stars fan has called him a cancer. Quit spewing crap out of your mouth that you made up in your fantasy world. He was most definitely not offered around at the deadline. Dallas needed him especially since Richards was out. Get your facts straight.
First off, i'm not trying to offend. There was a similar post to this on the TO board recently were supposed Stars fans were saying these things. Maybe they were trolls like alot of Leaf fakes, i don't know.I for one didn't call him a Cancer, i like the player. If Dallas resigns Richards and moves Benn to the wing, great. I thought Benn was damn good at center (from what i've seen).As far as deadline thoughts, alot of (local to me) media was reporting it. Sorry if i offended.

Old
05-21-2011, 01:40 PM
piqued

vCash: 3722
Quote:
Contrary to Stars fans belief, his value is not that high.
Look, we don't care what his value is. His value is playing center for the Stars. Why would we trade one of the few guys who actually looked like he wanted to make the playoffs night in and night out?

Sometimes I think any discussion about Ribeiro is doomed to a never-ending loop of discord. But the sheer number of Toronto fans that create proposals about him at least is a sign that some people respect what he brings, I guess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by glovesave_35 View Post
Re: Richards, buyer beware. He never looked right after his concussion.
I don't know about that. By the very end of the season I thought he had regained most of his customary form.

piqued is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2011, 01:43 PM
Boondock

Quote:
The only people I've seen spewing that non-sense is Leaf fans. I'm sure if you look long and hard you could find 1 or 2 Stars fans who might reiterate this mis-conception, but as a whole Ribiero is regarded fairly highly by Stars fans, and for good reason.

Secondly (not from this post I'm just combining thought into 1 post) Bozak is not the main piece Dallas would be looking for when trading away their current #1 Centre. Regardless of what Leaf fans think a 70+ point Centre is very valuable.

Boondock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2011, 01:49 PM
lukeleim

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsFan2342 View Post
To Toronto
Mike Ribeiro, 2011 2nd round pick

To Dallas
Tyler Bozak, Luca Caputi, Boston 1st round pick, 4th round pick
sounds right

lukeleim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2011, 02:03 PM
Liferleafer
Bring on Stome-afin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued View Post
Look, we don't care what his value is. His value is playing center for the Stars. Why would we trade one of the few guys who actually looked like he wanted to make the playoffs night in and night out?

Sometimes I think any discussion about Ribeiro is doomed to a never-ending loop of discord. But the sheer number of Toronto fans that create proposals about him at least is a sign that some people respect what he brings, I guess.

I don't know about that. By the very end of the season I thought he had regained most of his customary form.
I agree with you. I am 1 Leaf fan who likes what he brings. I also think Richards will be fine, so i'd love to get him here. You will notice that i did not post this proposal, (nor any other) because i know 29 teams fanbases think the Leafs have ***** to offer. But...the purpose, i believe, of this forum is to respond to and discuss what is posted whether it be good or bad. I am a Leaf fan yes, but i am moreover a hockey fan, so when i read things like "if we trade Ribs it would never be to TO" i feel i have the right to chime in. If you check any of my posts, i have never degrated any poster or post based soley on what team they cheer for, but for pure hockey reasons which are expressed in my opinion only.

Old
05-21-2011, 02:35 PM
Brand New Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeleim View Post
sounds right
Absolutely not. Wouldn't trade just Ribeiro for that. The 2nd round pick going to Toronto as well makes it insanely lopsided in Toronto's favor.

Old
05-21-2011, 02:39 PM
Nizdizzle
The Shanaplan.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Absolutely not. Wouldn't trade just Ribeiro for that. The 2nd round pick going to Toronto as well makes it insanely lopsided in Toronto's favor.
Don't worry, most sane Leaf fans know that.

Nizdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote